PDA

View Full Version : Deuce McCallister Tore his ACL

CLTEXAN_FAN
09-25-2007, 01:04 AM
He is out for the year, Not good for the saints. We will be able to see what reggie can do on his own.

drewmar74
09-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Wow. That's bad news.

Can you post a link?

CLTEXAN_FAN
09-25-2007, 01:21 AM
I'll look for one, they just said it on Sporting News Radio in the Flash.

CLTEXAN_FAN
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Here it is

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2186602

Leahmic223
09-25-2007, 01:28 AM
And we thought we had bad luck on the injury side...That pretty much ends most of their hope of doing any thing but drafting high. At least most of our key guys should be back in 3 weeks.

Their defense looks bad, their offense looks bad... I feel sorry for the Saints. No franchise has to deal with what they've had to, at least the Lions have had Barry Sanders(we've had 5 years of losing...compared to them...haha). Deuce may never be the same with how many injuries he's racking up on the legs. If Bush doesn't ever develop into a actual back now, they are going to have to find one at least for this season.

Its just so bad because the Saints could have said "Hey we have a an offense." and its not looking like it any more. The Oline was literally ate up...this looked like a bottom 5 team IMO.

CLTEXAN_FAN
09-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Im currently working in Hahnville La which is about 15 miles from New Orleans, the people here turn on their team so fast its ridiculous. They are already back to calling them the aints. But they loooove LSU.

I was talking to a "saints fan" at work about this and he was not suprised. It makes me thankfull to be able to get mad about losses and upset about injuries. These people are so used to it they dont even care.

DiehardChris
09-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Damn, tough luck for Deuce. He was already getting jacked out of playing time by that ridiculous 'Reggie fever' his coach has, now he's done. That sucks.

shinerbock_girl
09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Sucks, i love the Deuce....Can't believe it......

Blazing Arrow
09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
The Saints Karmic envelope collapsed on them.

Andrew6
09-25-2007, 02:28 AM
He is out for the year, Not good for the saints. We will be able to see what reggie can do on his own.

that sucks, I never wish injury to any team especially not one this big.

TexansCM
09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Here it is

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2186602

The news is probably true that Deuce is out, but your link is from 2005.

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Current linkage:
www.kffl.com/hotw/

Saints | McAllister tears ACL
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:56:08 -0700

ESPNews reports New Orleans Saints RB Deuce McAllister (ACL) suffered a torn ACL Week 3 against the Tennessee Titans. He will likely miss the rest of the 2007 season.

tulexan
09-25-2007, 10:49 AM
This is Reggie's chance to silence his critics. From what I've seen of him so far, I don't think he will be silencing anyone.

bah007
09-25-2007, 10:52 AM
This is Reggie's chance to silence his critics. From what I've seen of him so far, I don't think he will be silencing anyone.

Who cares if he isnt a real running back, at least he'll still have 75 commercials on TV for doing absolutely nothing.

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know, but he was the second fast WR to a 100 catches. :shades:

tulexan
09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Who cares if he isnt a real running back, at least he'll still have 75 commercials on TV for doing absolutely nothing.

You want to know who has got to be the most pissed off about that? Maurice Jones Drew. He has be consistently over shadowed by Reggie Bush since college and never received the respect he deserved. While ESPN was having its man crush over Reggie doing nothing last year, Maurice Drew had better stats in almost every meaningful category.

swtbound07
09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
the darren mcfaddin chants begin...NOW.

eriadoc
09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
IMO, the Saints problems began with Payton running Reggie Bust well before he established the run with Deuce. Now that Deuce is out, the woes will continue. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall when the coaches finally come to the realization that they will always have to have a real RB around in order to set Reggie up to do anything? :)

HOU-TEX
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
That stinks! I like Duece's running style. Hopefully he heals and rehabs well in order to come back.

With the Saints now having to rely on Mr. end around-screen pass-slot-decoy guy, their season's shot. As if it already wasn't. :shades:

kastofsna
09-25-2007, 11:54 AM
i think ESPN likes this, so they can have more opprotunities to "highlight" Bush's playing.

Specnatz
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Well that third round pick they wasted on Antonio Pittman might not be such a waste now.

D'oh they cut him after training camp.

tulexan
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I think the media is waking up to what Bush is right now. Ineffective.

This is from Matt Mosely on ESPN.com

I know he scored two touchdowns, but when am I allowed to point out how overrated Reggie Bush is? We're led to believe that the Saints sit around dreaming up plays for a guy who can't run the ball effectively. I'm already sick of hearing how great he is at the second-level. Doesn't he have to get there at some point.

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks

This is from Peter King

If you watched the game, you know his poor play was a direct result of running for his life for three hours. Plus Reggie Bush (2007: 29 carries, 80 yards, 2.8 yards per carry) is simply not an impact player in the pro game -- so far.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/25/saints/index.html

Mr teX
09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
That's just great, they might as well drop an A-bomb on my fantasy team.

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Time for my boy Reggie to step up. Hopefully, the line learns to block this year from now on.

With him getting a lot more carries and catches now, I would except 2000 plus combined yards and 15 total TDs. Of course, if the line keeps sucking this bad, I could see Bush and Brees on IR before the season is over.

drewmar74
09-25-2007, 01:07 PM
The knee that Deuce tore up... is this the same one that he blew out in '05?

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM

I would think it would be the opposite knee, since the new ACL should be stronger than the old one. When I got mine replaced, I was told that, but who knows.

swtbound07
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Time for my boy Reggie to step up. Hopefully, the line learns to block this year from now on.

With him getting a lot more carries and catches now, I would except 2000 plus combined yards and 15 total TDs. Of course, if the line keeps sucking this bad, I could see Bush and Brees on IR before the season is over.

how much crack did you smoke this morning? 2000 combined yards??? Are you serious? Really? You have to be baiting me. Nobody could be that voluntarily wrong. He carried the load last night...how many combined yards did he finish with?

kastofsna
09-25-2007, 01:24 PM
remember last year when Bush's stats were pretty awful, but that's because "he's being used as a decoy. the offense is doing great because defenses are focusing on him."

now, his stats suck a lot, and the offense is doing poorly. why? "bush isn't looking so great because the offense around him is doing so bad."

blah blah blah. these excuses are insulting. but it's deserved for everyone putting him up so high to begin with.

fun trivia: Adrian Peterson has more 100 yard rushing games in his career than Reggie Bush.

Mr teX
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
remember last year when Bush's stats were pretty awful, but that's because "he's being used as a decoy. the offense is doing great because defenses are focusing on him."

now, his stats suck a lot, and the offense is doing poorly. why? "bush isn't looking so great because the offense around him is doing so bad."

blah blah blah. these excuses are insulting. but it's deserved for everyone putting him up so high to begin with.

fun trivia: Adrian Peterson has more 100 yard rushing games in his career than Reggie Bush.

But that's my boy AP though, i knew he was going to be beasting....

kastofsna
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
no doubt. Peterson is a top 2-3 back in this league before next season is done. he has the best potential of anyone in the NFL right now to get a 2000-yard season.

TexanAddict
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Adrian Peterson of the Bears had more 100 yd rushing games in his career than Bush.

Blazing Arrow
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
IMO, the Saints problems began with Payton running Reggie Bust well before he established the run with Deuce. Now that Deuce is out, the woes will continue. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall when the coaches finally come to the realization that they will always have to have a real RB around in order to set Reggie up to do anything? :)

Thats not true .... they always have those fancy kick returns that they can do :whip:

primadox
09-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Long time Saints fan here...no, it's the other knee. Losing Deuce is a huge blow, not only because we're losing a great player but a great man. He has done so much for the community and has always been a quiet, yet strong leader. His influence and talent will be missed. This injury hurts me more than any I can remember in a looooong time as a Saints fan.

I've always enjoyed this forum, and the level of hate for Bush is disappointing, in that it has taken over a thread about the end of the season, and perhaps a career, of one of the classiest players ever. I've always thought better of Texans fans than that. I know the media shoves Reggie down your throats, and the self proclaimed sports experts kept harping on the mistake the Texans supposedly made in last year's draft, but that's not Reggie's fault, just like being selected first wasn't Mario's "fault". My wish is that both Reggie and Mario are Pro-Bowlers for many years to come. I still think if the Texans made a mistake, it was passing on Vince, not Reggie. But drafting good defensive talent is never a mistake.

Is Reggie a superstar, or a bust? Honestly, it's too soon to tell. Same with Mario; he started well this season but it's too early to tell for him, either. Proclaiming Bush a star last year while saying Mario was a bust was premature, and saying Mario is a star while Bush is a bust now is just as premature. Ignore the media....they are the most fickle, inaccurate bunch of self proclaimed experts ever. Both players have handled their situations with class, IMO, and I wish them both great, long careers in the NFL. We had the pleasure of meeting Mario at the pre-sale of single game seats, and he was absolutely super with my kids. His picture with my kids is the wallpaper on my cell phone. :)

We had some local Houston Saints fans on our forum, getting irritated that Texans fans were "gloating" after week one since Mario did so well and Reggie didn't. My response was to get over it; that Texans fans earned the right to gloat, after the thrashing the media put on the Texans and the draft last year. But wishing injury on Reggie (which I read in another thread here)...yeeeesh. That was disappointing to read. He didn't start the hype, the media did. But of course, the media is usually the source of all that is evil...:D

Here's to a career year for both Mario and Reggie, to the continued improved play of the Texans (whoo-hooo!!!!), and the resurrection of the Saints (please!!!). And here's to a permanent case of laryngitis for many talking heads in the media....:doot:

Good luck on Sunday...of course I'm pulling for the Texans, my other team! :texflag:

Kellye in Houston
Saints & LSU fan!

Marcus
09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
the darren mcfaddin chants begin...NOW.

Heh . . . yeah well, you won't hear any chants at this end, believe me.

I've watched two Arkansas games already this season, just to see what all the hoopla was about regarding this McFaddin kid.

Well, I ain't impressed. 2nd round . . tops.

Marcus
09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
how much crack did you smoke this morning? 2000 combined yards??? Are you serious? Really? You have to be baiting me. Nobody could be that voluntarily wrong. He carried the load last night...how many combined yards did he finish with?

lol: . . :potkettle:

stingray
09-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Long time Saints fan here...no, it's the other knee. Losing Deuce is a huge blow, not only because we're losing a great player but a great man. He has done so much for the community and has always been a quiet, yet strong leader. His influence and talent will be missed. This injury hurts me more than any I can remember in a looooong time as a Saints fan.

I've always enjoyed this forum, and the level of hate for Bush is disappointing, in that it has taken over a thread about the end of the season, and perhaps a career, of one of the classiest players ever. I've always thought better of Texans fans than that. I know the media shoves Reggie down your throats, and the self proclaimed sports experts kept harping on the mistake the Texans supposedly made in last year's draft, but that's not Reggie's fault, just like being selected first wasn't Mario's "fault". My wish is that both Reggie and Mario are Pro-Bowlers for many years to come. I still think if the Texans made a mistake, it was passing on Vince, not Reggie. But drafting good defensive talent is never a mistake.

Is Reggie a superstar, or a bust? Honestly, it's too soon to tell. Same with Mario; he started well this season but it's too early to tell for him, either. Proclaiming Bush a star last year while saying Mario was a bust was premature, and saying Mario is a star while Bush is a bust now is just as premature. Ignore the media....they are the most fickle, inaccurate bunch of self proclaimed experts ever. Both players have handled their situations with class, IMO, and I wish them both great, long careers in the NFL. We had the pleasure of meeting Mario at the pre-sale of single game seats, and he was absolutely super with my kids. His picture with my kids is the wallpaper on my cell phone. :)

We had some local Houston Saints fans on our forum, getting irritated that Texans fans were "gloating" after week one since Mario did so well and Reggie didn't. My response was to get over it; that Texans fans earned the right to gloat, after the thrashing the media put on the Texans and the draft last year. But wishing injury on Reggie (which I read in another thread here)...yeeeesh. That was disappointing to read. He didn't start the hype, the media did. But of course, the media is usually the source of all that is evil...:D

Here's to a career year for both Mario and Reggie, to the continued improved play of the Texans (whoo-hooo!!!!), and the resurrection of the Saints (please!!!). And here's to a permanent case of laryngitis for many talking heads in the media....:doot:

Good luck on Sunday...of course I'm pulling for the Texans, my other team! :texflag:

Kellye in Houston
Saints & LSU fan!

I agree with you. I think some people want Bush to suck because the Texans didn't pick him and the national media second guessed the Texans so much. I just hope that Both Mario and Reggie do well in their career. They are just some good kids playing a fun game. It wasn't their fault with what happened in the 2006 draft.

kastofsna
09-26-2007, 09:58 AM

I've watched two Arkansas games already this season, just to see what all the hoopla was about regarding this McFaddin kid.

hahahahaha

tulexan
09-26-2007, 11:46 AM

How can you not be impressed with Darren McFadden? He is like Adrian Peterson and Reggie Bush rolled into one and puts up crazy numbers in the most difficult conference in the NCAA.

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM

Did you mean 2nd round or 2nd overall pick? If you actually ment second round, then you need to go have your head checked because you have had more concussions than Merril Hodge.

Right now I do not see anyone who could push him off of being the first overall pick.

bah007
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Did you mean 2nd round or 2nd overall pick? If you actually ment second round, then you need to go have your head checked because you have had more concussions than Merril Hodge.

Right now I do not see anyone who could push him off of being the first overall pick.

Unless Kentucky goes undefeated.

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Unless Kentucky goes undefeated.

What does Kentucky being undefeated have to do with how a player is projected to be in the pros?

bah007
09-26-2007, 02:12 PM
What does Kentucky being undefeated have to do with how a player is projected to be in the pros?

Andre Woodson leading Kentucky to an undefeated season would lead to a lot of hype.

Dont tell me you've never seen hype influence a draft pick before.

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Andre Woodson leading Kentucky to an undefeated season would lead to a lot of hype.

Not in Houston.

bah007
09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Not in Houston.

Touche.

tulexan
09-26-2007, 03:19 PM

Really it depends on who is picking first

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Really it depends on who is picking first

OK maybe if San Diego or Minnesota has the first pick.

tulexan
09-26-2007, 04:06 PM
OK maybe if San Diego or Minnesota has the first pick.

If Atlanta has the first pick they will take a QB. It really does depend on who has the first pick and what they need.

Mr teX
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM

WHAT? that dude is a certified beast. Fast, strong, agile, versatile & unlike RB, will be able to run between the tackles when he goes pro.

His numbers are great this year too, even against his opponents in the semi pro league that is the SEC.

I think he's better than Slaton, even though he's trying to be all mysterious about whether he's going to come out.

kastofsna
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

woodson is already a top 10 pick, pretty much.

Ryan
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
This just gives ESPN a shot to make the whole saints game into bush highlights now. I was frustrated after MNF on sportscenter when they said "rose bowl rematch", because i don't really remember the titans or the saints ever play in the rose bowl, but according to them, young and bush are the only players on those teams.

Vinny
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM

He is averaging 173 yards a game rushing and is bringing 222 total yards per game. He has 4 TD's and has even thrown a TD....you are one hard dude to impress.

kastofsna
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
perhaps he just watched the commercials of those games.

mexican_texan
09-26-2007, 08:17 PM
This just gives ESPN a shot to make the whole saints game into bush highlights now. I was frustrated after MNF on sportscenter when they said "rose bowl rematch", because i don't really remember the titans or the saints ever play in the rose bowl, but according to them, young and bush are the only players on those teams.
Well, uh, the Titans have a few Longhorns from that team and LenDale White.

bah007
09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
woodson is already a top 10 pick, pretty much.

Yea pretty much.

My point was that with a good enough season he could maybe even be the #1 overall.

tulexan
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Yea pretty much.

My point was that with a good enough season he could maybe even be the #1 overall.

You never know. No one thought that JaMarcus Russell would be the #1 pick going into the season. With the way that ESPN and the rest of the media can hype people up, all you really need is one huge game in front of a national audience.