PDA

View Full Version : So um, yeah. The Titans are looking pretty strong.

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Well I was hoping the saints would defeat one of our division rivals, tennessee but that ain't going to happen.

Back to the topic (just having fun guys!):

Is it just me or does Keith Bullock look like some sort of monster. He looks about 8' tall out there with the big neck pad on the back. I keep thinking of some creature from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...like a beebop and rocksteady.

lol, just having a little fun but sheesh. I would crap in my pants if I saw him in a dark alley.

DiehardChris
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
They beat a tough Jags team on the road.

They hung with Indy to the very end, just like us.

And they got a quality road win tonight. I mean, the Saints are terrible - but they won't be THIS bad by the end of the year.

I gotta say - they look much much better than their seemingly terrible off-season originally lead me to believe. VY is still not spectacular, but you can see his improvement.

Looks like the AFC south is going to be a bloody war this season!

Anyway, I just wanted to give some credit to a team that I said over and over again was going to be bad this season.

OrangeLotPole8
09-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Funny thing is........ If VY is your QB, your team wins more than it loses. I still wish he was wearing #10 in a Texans jersey.

Andrew6
09-24-2007, 11:51 PM
wish in one hand and .... in the other . . . Schaub is a good QB and hasn't really made a whole lot of mistakes. Give the guy time atleast when he does get sacked he doesn't lose the ball.

shinerbock_girl
09-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Texans can do it...I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexanSam
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
As much as I dislike the Titans, I have to give them credit. Vince Young is making strides (I wouldn't trade Schaub for him straight up though) and they look like a quality team, much like we do. I think the Colts still have the best team in the division, but between the Jags, Titans, and us, it's going to be a knock em down battle for 2nd place and possibly a wild-card berth.

OrangeLotPole8
09-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Schaub made a HUGE mistake on the pic late in the 3rd that cost us points in a 6 point loss. Granted he is an upgrade over "the vehicle"....... but bottom line is VY is a winner. I still think he is going to haunt us for years to come.

TexanSam
09-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Schaub made a HUGE mistake on the pic late in the 3rd that cost us points in a 6 point loss. Granted he is an upgrade over "the vehicle"....... but bottom line is VY is a winner. I still think he is going to haunt us for years to come.

This was only Schaub's 3rd start as a Texan and 5th career start overall. I'm extremely impressed from what I've seen from him thus far. He's poised and composed and doesn't get rattled. He's going to learn to cut out those mistakes the more experience he gains and the more he progresses. I think he's going to be a better QB than VY.

DiehardChris
09-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Sigh. I knew my poor thread would turn into this. Why do I even try? lol

Bulluck53
09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Sigh. I knew my poor thread would turn into this. Why do I even try? lol

I know.... some people just can't let it go

gg no re
09-25-2007, 12:21 AM
OrangeLotPole8 nominated for a Thread Derailment Award.

The Pencil Neck
09-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I know.... some people just can't let it go

To get it back on track, you guys are looking really good this year and it gives me physical pain to say that. :bat:

Hopefully, we can get most of our guys back before we have to play y'all.

Bulluck53
09-25-2007, 12:36 AM
We looked damn good tonight and I like to wait until the 1st quarter of the season is over to judge a team... ours is over so I can judge, but I won't post it here.

I still have reservations about our red zone offense but our defense, running game and VY have been impressive thus far.

CLTEXAN_FAN
09-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Well I was hoping the saints would defeat one of our division rivals, tennessee but that ain't going to happen.

Back to the topic (just having fun guys!):

Is it just me or does Keith Bullock look like some sort of monster. He looks about 8' tall out there with the big neck pad on the back. I keep thinking of some creature from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...like a beebop and rocksteady.
lol, just having a little fun but sheesh. I would crap in my pants if I saw him in a dark alley.

Did you really just bust out beebop and rocksteady!!! That was awesome, brings back memories. Good Times, I guess if bullock is either beebop or rocksteady that would make the rest of defense the the foot clan.

Mr teX
09-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I have to agree with all in here. the thing is, their D isn't bad as everyone seemed to think it was. KVB & Laboy wreak havoc on the edges & The LB's tackle very well. Fisher does a good job of getting his guys prepared to play. The AFC south is shaping up to be a tough division & everyone has finally caught up with the Colts.

Silver Oak
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
We looked damn good tonight

I think the Saints did a better job of looking bad than you guys did looking "damn good".

5 int's and an inept offense will make most all NFL teams look good.

bah007
09-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I think the Saints did a better job of looking bad than you guys did looking "damn good".

Brees only threw 4 INTs.

He did fumble too tho so he had 5 turnovers.

Shaft75
09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
The Saints offensive line blew, Mcallister got hurt and their defense was burnt. I give a tiny shred of credit to the Titans because they came to play.

BUT, the Saints lost that game more than the Titans won it. I wish the Texans could have played a weak NFC team this weekend. Oh well, at least we have Sunday.

bah007
09-25-2007, 10:12 AM
The Saints offensive line blew, Mcallister got hurt and their defense was burnt. I give a tiny shred of credit to the Titans because they came to play.

BUT, the Saints lost that game more than the Titans won it. I wish the Texans could have played a weak NFC team this weekend. Oh well, at least we have Sunday.

Maybe the reason the Saints looked so terrible is because the Titans defense had decent pressure on Brees all night & Keith Bullock looked like Superman.

Maybe we should give a little bit of credit to the Titans... but the Saints still suck apparently.

gtexan02
09-25-2007, 10:49 AM
The thing that impresses me the most is the Titans run defense. They are stifling. Their DTs are great

Maddict5
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
The thing that impresses me the most is the Titans run defense. They are stifling. Their DTs are great

exactly- haynesworth is one of the best dt's in the league and KVB got good pressure too.. vince and bulluck played well too

Vinny
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Stealing a line from Denny...VY was who I thought he was last night

Honoring Earl 34
09-25-2007, 01:16 PM

I guess you went to the pantry for cheetos when VY threw it to a Saint in triple coverage . That was right after a pick at about the Saints 40 .

Silver Oak
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
October 21 cannnot get here quick enough.

If the Saints rush can get to vy for a couple of good hits on His Fragileness, then I would really like to see one of our guys pancake him.

travfrancis
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Silver Oak you are so delusional. The guy has never missed a start or even missed any kind of substantial amount of time within a single game. Yet you call him "His Fragilness"? You really have no shame.

TexansLucky13
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
The entire AFC South is strong. We have not lost to a team outside our division, and the trend could very well continue through next week.

Houston @ Atlanta - We should win that
Denver @ Indy - Colts should win it
Jax @ KC - Jags will win
Titans - Bye week

I could even see the trend going through to Week 5

Miami @ Houston - We should win
Tampa @ Indy - Colts should win
Atlanta @ Tenn - Titans should win
Jax - Bye week

If that happens through Week 5, the stats will look like this (assuming we beat Jax)

Colts: 5-0
Texans: 4-1
Titans: 3-1
Jags: 3-1

With the only losses being in division. That would be amazing.

Bulluck53
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Oh God... :gun:

Fox
09-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Obviously the Saints are having some major struggles on both sides of the ball to start the season, but you have to give the Titans credit, they're playing playoff-caliber football IMO. I'm most impressed with their play in the trenches. Their DL creates a ton of pressure and their OL is dominating in the ground game. I'm really looking forward to playing them and seeing who's going to take the upper hand for a potential wild card.

Blazing Arrow
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
October 21 cannnot get here quick enough.

If the Saints rush can get to vy for a couple of good hits on His Fragileness, then I would really like to see one of our guys pancake him.

I found a video of it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU0nG78bIJc

wait a minute :)

Hervoyel
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
This was only Schaub's 3rd start as a Texan and 5th career start overall. I'm extremely impressed from what I've seen from him thus far. He's poised and composed and doesn't get rattled. He's going to learn to cut out those mistakes the more experience he gains and the more he progresses. I think he's going to be a better QB than VY.

I'm still good with the "It's only his "x" start as a Texan" and all that kind of stuff so don't get me wrong here. I am not coming down too hard on Matt.

That tendancy he has to toss up an interception when we're driving for a score has got to come to a screeching halt right friggin now. This is three straight weeks we've seen him do this. He underthrew Andre against KC, came back and did the exact same thing against the Panthers a week later (but got lucky that the guy could catch) and then he tosses a stupid pick when we're 18 yards away from the end zone following Jacoby's monster punt return that could have turned the momentum in that game around completely.

Gary Kubiak flushed David Carr after one year of poor decision making so I am not worried about this. He will fix it I'm sure. It just kills to see that happen every week.

Ole Miss Texan
09-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I too thought Tennessee was going to be absolutely horrible this year. And consistently seeing them ranked better than us in all the power rankings really frustrated me and made me think these sports writers are dumb. Well thus far the Titans have exceeded my expectations, I'm hoping we sweep them this year, and as far as the sports writers go- "even a broken clock is right two times a day"