PDA

View Full Version : afc south the best

amazingandre
09-24-2007, 11:27 PM
ha think about it....we are 5-0 outside the division.....titans beat jags and colts beat us and titans......can we all win every game and lose to only our division....how cool would that be....haha think about it....we all win our games outside the division and we all go 3-3.....so our records are tied at 13-3 hahaha what happens for playoffs?

MEGA SWATT
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I guess you're ripping off commentary from the NO and Tenn. game:wild: :splits:

beerlover
09-24-2007, 11:34 PM
I feel better now about facing the Saints than the Titans :cool:

Andrew6
09-24-2007, 11:41 PM
that would be crazy how would that work? 4 way tie for wild cards?

Leahmic223
09-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Well is it possible for two teams in the same division to get a wildcard?

Bulluck53
09-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes it is. I think the tie breaker would go to conference record after the head-to-head and division record. Arter that I believe it goes to common opponent with a minimum of 4.

Leahmic223
09-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes it is. I think the tie breaker would go to conference record after the head-to-head and division record. Arter that I believe it goes to common opponent with a minimum of 4.

It may just happen then if our guys can get healthy and we can beat Atlanta with all of our guys out.

The Titans defense is looking pretty good, its going to be a very competitive division.

The Pencil Neck
09-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Well is it possible for two teams in the same division to get a wildcard?

Yeah, but there are only 2 wildcard spots.

Vinny
09-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah, but there are only 2 wildcard spots.In the old AFC Central there were several times that Pittsburgh would win the division and the Oilers and the Bengals or Browns would be wild cards....that was a great division back in the day.

Leahmic223
09-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, but there are only 2 wildcard spots.

Yeah I know that, but the top team gets a Division seed so my question was if a team could finish 2nd and 3rd in the division but still get a Wildcard spot.

Thorn
09-25-2007, 07:51 AM
In the old AFC Central there were several times that Pittsburgh would win the division and the Oilers and the Bengals or Browns would be wild cards....that was a great division back in the day.

Yes, I remember those days. And Indy is the new Pittsburg with the famous quarterback and Houston is rebuilding and getting better.

Sounds like the football gods are doing The Time Warp on us. LOL

jgl35
09-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah I know that, but the top team gets a Division seed so my question was if a team could finish 2nd and 3rd in the division but still get a Wildcard spot.

Yes. Last happened in 2001 when there were only three divisions. N.E., Miami, and the Jets in AFC, Chicago, Green Bay, and Tampa in Nfc.

The league never wants to see four teams in the same division at 13-3. Because division winners are automatically in playoffs, only two 13-3 teams can be wild cards if this is the highest record. One team that is 13-3 is left out in the cold. That will play really well in the city that is left out.
The opposite would be even more interesting. A 3-13 division winner and playoff team.

Texan Asylum
09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
In the old AFC Central there were several times that Pittsburgh would win the division and the Oilers and the Bengals or Browns would be wild cards....that was a great division back in the day.

That's for sure! I still like to follow the old AFC Central teams...kind of like keeping tabs on old acquaintances. :cool:

gtexan02
09-25-2007, 09:50 AM
SOS is used for tie breakers at that point I guess

infantrycak
09-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Tiebreaker Rules (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tiebreakers&prov=st&type=lgns)

Two Clubs 1. Head-to-head (games between the clubs). 2. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the division. 3. Best won-lost percentage in common games. 4. Best won-lost- percentage in games played within the conference. 5. Strength of victory. 6. Strength of schedule. 7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed. 8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed. 9. Best net points in common games. 10. Best net points in all games. 11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head 2. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the division. 3. Best won-lost percentage in common games. 4. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the conference. 5. Strength of victory. 6. Strength of schedule. 7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed. 8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed. 9. Best net points in common games. 10. Best net points in all games. 11. Best net touchdowns in all games.