PDA

View Full Version : I love the Big Tuna - Parcells hearts Mario

rollinstone18
09-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Stuart Scott (talking about Bush and Vince) - Coach, who did you have #1 on your draft board in 2006?

Parcells - Mario Williams

:shades:

Silver Oak
09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
For those who missed it, Bill Parcells just said some very good things about Mario on the MNF Countdown show.

Apparently the cowboys had Mario at the top of their draft board. He went on to say he has seen a lot of improvement in Mario over last season, and said he should have many more productive years.

It's nice to find love every once in awhile from an unexpected source.

:d:

Silver Oak
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
we posted at the same time.

MERGE!

Htownsportsfan
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I saw it and loved it. I heard him on XM Sunday am and he made the same point then. Raved he had never seen a player like Mario with size and speed and said its harder to find big guys so when one is available you gotta grab him. I liked the fact he new his audience tonight was full op Bush and VY fans who like to bash Mario cause he made a point of fans needing to be patient. Says you can clearly see improvement from last year and that he has great things ahead of him.

shinerbock_girl
09-24-2007, 08:21 PM
:doot: :whip: :whip:

TexanSam
09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I remember he said something similar last season while still coaching the Cowboys. Somebody brought that up before we played them and he said he would have taken Mario as well.

Texans_Chick
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, this was brought up last year. One of my buds at FanHouse wrote about it this evening:

"Bill Parcells: Mario Williams Was First on Cowboys' Draft Board"
(http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/24/bill-parcells-mario-williams-was-first-on-cowboys-draft-board/)

You know, I've wondered about that. If Parcells had the first pick, and wanted Mario, would Jerry Jones let that happen?

Vinnie
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, this was brought up last year. One of my buds at FanHouse wrote about it this evening:

"Bill Parcells: Mario Williams Was First on Cowboys' Draft Board"
(http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/24/bill-parcells-mario-williams-was-first-on-cowboys-draft-board/)

You know, I've wondered about that. If Parcells had the first pick, and wanted Mario, would Jerry Jones let that happen?

Never in a million years.

BSofA04
09-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Tuna said the same thing last year about Williams, so it was great to see him reiterate on the 2006 pick. I believe it was just before the Dallas game when he talked about Williams going to Houston. Anyways, I've always respected Parcells for having the stones to say what he thought. OR....Maybe he wants a job in Houston....haha jk.

4Texans
09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
The Tuna has been a Mario fan from the very beginning.:mario2:

If the cowboys would have had the #1 pick in 2006, other than through a trade, there is no way Jones would have let Tuna take the lead on that pick. I've never heard Jones comment on that draft, but I suspect he would have gone with the glammer pick, Bush.

Leahmic223
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I loved it because they were raving about Bush and Vince before hand then when they threw it to Parcells I thought "If he says Bush or Young then I know for sure that ESPN pays these guys and tells them what to think." but he didn't disappoint.