PDA

View Full Version : Must make a sacrifice....

jaayteetx
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
to the football gods, because we have obviously offended them in some manner. With all these injuries, its the only logical assumption. So before the start of next Sunday's game i'll be sacrificing an old texan jersey to the appease the football gods. I recommend all true texan fans offer some sort of sacrifice themselves. Let us know what your going to sacrifice. If there are any Bears fans on this board, I recommend you do so also!

TooManyWeapons
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
This is probably a good idea, really.

You've got to make it something good, though. Crappy sacrifices only make the gods angry.

powerfuldragon
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
This is probably a good idea, really.

You've got to make it something good, though. Crappy sacrifices only make the gods angry.

yeah, the football gods make you take off your shoes in their presence.

Hervoyel
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
These injuries were sacrifices to the football gods. The Texans showed up, they played one of the best teams in the NFL hard and they paid in neck injuries, torn ligaments, and seperated shoulders.

The football gods will be merciful in coming weeks. If they Texans continue to play hard and practice hard they will be rewarded with wins over the Falcons and Dolphins and become 4-1 for the first time ever. Then many of their injured players will return to them and the season will continue.

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
to the football gods, because we have obviously offended them in some manner. With all these injuries, its the only logical assumption. So before the start of next Sunday's game i'll be sacrificing an old texan jersey to the appease the football gods. I recommend all true texan fans offer some sort of sacrifice themselves. Let us know what your going to sacrifice. If there are any Bears fans on this board, I recommend you do so also!

Well I might be sacrificing my Mario Williams replica Jersey (only texan jersey i own). this is not b/c I dislike Mario or anything, quite the contrary. I bought the jersey after the '06 season at Academy because it was on sale for $29.99. I have now worn it twice- the TB preseason game and the Colts game this sunday. Our record w/ me wearing the jersey 0-2, record w/o the jersey 5-0. Maybe it was on sale for a reasone- bad luck.

It may be going in the closet and staying there..it looks pretty :) I think I may need to get a Matt Schaub jersey and hopefully we play better when I wear the jersey.

With going to the ATL game next weekend, it might be a perfect time to start.