PDA

View Full Version : McKinney Out.

bigbrewster2000
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Big Steve tore his ACL in the game yesterday. Just heard it on 1560. That really sucks. Well Flanney really needs to step up.

powerfuldragon
09-24-2007, 09:45 AM
dammit. mckinney was way better than flanagan.

Texans_Chick
09-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Crapatola.

This explains McKinney's comments about about how stupid it was for him to go back in the game.

(on if he’s nuts for going back in the game) “I think I am nuts, looking back on it. It probably wasn’t the smartest thing I should’ve been doing but it’s just that football player mentality. If you feel like you can go at all, you want to be out there for your team and certainly in that game I wanted to be out there and obviously looking back on it, it probably wasn’t very smart.”

Hardcore Texan
09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
This does suck. Man, we got banged up something fierce yesterday.

Annyone heard if Green or Dayne will be back? It sounds like Jacoby is out for at least a couple of weeks. And we know Killings situation is much worse, thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Errant Hothy
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I quess it's Flanagan v White this week in pratice then.

Texans_Chick
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I quess it's Flanagan v White this week in pratice then.

No. No practice.

We will wrap them in bubble wrap with little breathing air holes and hope they don't get hurt.

TheCD
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Did he tear his ACL after coming back in? I don't see how it would be possible to bear that pain if it was prior. I've torn a tendon and man, it makes you get off that leg in a hurry.

Texans_Chick
09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Did he tear his ACL after coming back in? I don't see how it would be possible to bear that pain if it was prior. I've torn a tendon and man, it makes you get off that leg in a hurry.

Hard to say.

He says in the paper that he hurt it in the third, and it got worse going back in the 4th, and that it was a mistake to go back in, but it was the heat of the moment.

texanfan2002114
09-24-2007, 10:48 AM

"McKinney, an original Texan in his 10th NFL season, was injured while blocking on a screen pass in the second half. He limped off the field and and then returned, hurting his knee even more."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5159340.html

jaayteetx
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
This just sucks, I know injuries are a part of the game, but aren't we due for a little good luck?

texanskan
09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
This just sucks, I know injuries are a part of the game, but aren't we due for a little good luck?

pray that good luck is Green being ok

Texans Horror
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Any idea what the plan is after Flanagan goes down?

dalemurphy
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Any idea what the plan is after Flanagan goes down?

Chris White, probably followed by Weary at Center, then Black or Studdard at guard.

PapaL
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
We got beat up this weekend.

Come on Smith - make something happen.

DiehardChris
09-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Chris White, probably followed by Weary at Center, then Black or Studdard at guard.

...followed by Sage Rosenfels at QB :gun:

DocBar
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
What an absolute train wreck of a game.

powerfuldragon
09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
What an absolute train wreck of a game.
i thought we held our own fairly well in light of all the injuries.

Yankee_In_TX
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Gawd, I had forgotten about that one, why'd you have to remind me?

gjmac2
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3671

(Kubiak, on what he can take away from this game) “I’m proud of their effort. But the thing that’s changed around here is that we won’t take any moral victories. We’re here to win. And we’re here to play hard and we expect good results. So I’m proud of those guys and they know that. But that’s not what we’re after. We’re trying to turn this whole program around and be a winner week in and week out.”

Damn straight!

TigerV1
09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Big Steve tore his ACL in the game yesterday. Just heard it on 1560. That really sucks. Well Flanney really needs to step up.

Aside from Killings of course, this injury really has me sick.

Porky
09-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Craptastic. :gun:

Mr teX
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I want to see kubes move Weary over & let Studdard get some action @ guard b/c i was somewhat impressed with him in preseason. I'm not too thrilled about Flanagan & would rather he stayed on the bench.

HoustonFrog
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3671

(Kubiak, on what he can take away from this game) “I’m proud of their effort. But the thing that’s changed around here is that we won’t take any moral victories. We’re here to win. And we’re here to play hard and we expect good results. So I’m proud of those guys and they know that. But that’s not what we’re after. We’re trying to turn this whole program around and be a winner week in and week out.”

Damn straight!

McClain today said Kubes was kind of choked up when he was talking about this because after the fact he explained that he was so proud of how all the guys left it on the field.

BSofA04
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Hard to say.

He says in the paper that he hurt it in the third, and it got worse going back in the 4th, and that it was a mistake to go back in, but it was the heat of the moment.

Who hasn't done anything dumb in the heat of the moment? That's been my excuse for years lol. :redtowel: :dance:

Runner
09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
So, do they shuffle the line and move some of the swing players around and backfill some other position? Do they bring back Hodgdon? It will be an interesting few days.

drewmar74
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I would think that they'd start Flanagan, back him up with White, and maybe dress Studdard.