PDA

View Full Version : Running Game?

TexansSeminole
09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
If Ahman Green stays out or is hampered by injury and Ron Dayne is hampered as well, our running game is looking pretty weak. We desperately need to get a running back...get Wali Lundy back or something. 40 yards rushing against the Colts defense is not going to cut it.

Texans_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:17 PM
If Ahman Green stays out or is hampered by injury and Ron Dayne is hampered as well, our running game is looking pretty weak. We desperately need to get a running back...get Wali Lundy back or something. 40 yards rushing against the Colts defense is not going to cut it.

The Colts did not play Cover-2 in the beginning, they were playing an 8 man box. They didn't go to Cover-2 until they were up by a couple of touchdowns.

They still need to be able to run, and I don't think Gado is the special kind of runner that can deal with that.

Rick Smith is going to be plenty this week plugging lots of holes.

beerlover
09-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I would be calling Norv Turner to see about Michael Turner, if it takes next years #1 pick to get him it might be something to think about :hmmm: (no #1 or #2 would suck but it sucks harder to be so close to beating the Colts & not have a healthy, quality back to tote the rock.

Off subject a couple years, did anyone see that redshirt freshman Georgia has @ RB Knowshon Moreno in that OT win last night in Alabama? very impressive, explosive breakaway speed, toughness between the tackles great size 5-10 1/2 208 gonna be a stud.

BattleRedToro
09-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I doubt that the Texans would give up next year's #1 pick for Turner. They might be able to draft a better RB with that pick next year.

Texans Horror
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Just to spread the wealth, I don't think the Texans o-line did a very good job of opening up holes for Gado. But they weren't very good about it last year, either. I think the way Green/Dayne are able to create holes is what is really helping out the team, so that any time the Texans are without these two, we can expect to see similar results.

The run game is probably the most important aspect of this team's game philosophy. It sets up everything else. To not have it work (like today) will complicate matters for the Texans.

beerlover
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I doubt that the Texans would give up next year's #1 pick for Turner. They might be able to draft a better RB with that pick next year.

nobody comes to mind in next years draft @ the RB position, certainly none that can help now, if Turner was coming out he would project as the #1 RB unless Darren McFadden declares early & he's a top 5 pick.

it all depends on the injury report concerning Green & Dayne of course but with a real dynamic RB threat like Turner the Texans would be a playoff team (picking low to mid 20's). without a healthy, explosive RB they sturggle to .500 which is a shame.

sure could use Chris Taylor about now :cool:

jaybird
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
They didn't... but the boy is slow as all get out as well... Green needs to heal quickly...

I was surprised we didn't go for more screens once he was out... but then we ran one (Forget who with) and he didn't realize he had a blocker in front of him and ran right into a Colt.

tulexan
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
nobody comes to mind in next years draft @ the RB position, certainly none that can help now, if Turner was coming out he would project as the #1 RB unless Darren McFadden declares early & he's a top 5 pick.

it all depends on the injury report concerning Green & Dayne of course but with a real dynamic RB threat like Turner the Texans would be a playoff team (picking low to mid 20's). without a healthy, explosive RB they sturggle to .500 which is a shame.

sure could use Chris Taylor about now :cool:

Next year's draft is loaded with running backs

Darren McFadden
Steve Slaton
Felix Jones
Ray Rice
Mike Hart

TheIronDuke
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
In Kubiak's system, the RB isn't what's important, it's the OL. Obviously the OL hasn't done well in run blocking. We don't need a 1st round pick as a RB, we need the OL to step up and punch the DL in the mouth and open some holes.

So far, the running game has sucked. We can't be a pass-only offense, we need to be able to prove that we have a 100 yd. a game back and so far we haven't done it. Having a decent running game+Matt Schaub+healthy receivers=great offense.

Jameel Cook being our back isn't going to cut it.

Hagar
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
What about that ND player we had during preseason? Where's he at?

jaybird
09-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I agree that the OL needs ot be a huge upgrade next year... it's been neglected too long... but with the RBs coming out next year I could see the Texans getting a big time OL in the first and a top tier RB in the second.

Allstar
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
What about that ND player we had during preseason? Where's he at?

Darius Walker, he's on the practice squad.

rickyb
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree that the OL needs ot be a huge upgrade next year... it's been neglected too long... but with the RBs coming out next year I could see the Texans getting a big time OL in the first and a top tier RB in the second.

We already know our round 2 pick next year. His name is Matt Schaub, and is our starting QB. :)

jaybird
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
We already know our round 2 pick next year. His name is Matt Schaub, and is our starting QB. :)

LOL.. my bad... fine... get some FA OL and take Hart ;)

Hervoyel
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM

Do you mean with the second that we traded to Atlanta for Matt Schaub?

beerlover
09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
pre-draft the Chargers were shopping him around but wanted a 1st & 3rd-

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Trade-for-Turner-could-be-tricky?urn=nfl,28590

DocBar
09-23-2007, 09:25 PM
A few passes caught in stride today(read a little better chemistry) and the Colts would've had to call off the dogs and play the pass. That's where we really missed AJ. I was impressed with JJ and Davis, though. Either one would seem to be an upgrade over Walter, who doesn't seem to get open very often. Sometimes, ya gotta use the pass to set up the run. I would've liked to have seen a trick play or two today to try and burn the over-pursuing Colts D. I'll look for opportunities for that and study the coverages a little harder during the week.

beerlover
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Darren McFadden
Steve Slaton
Felix Jones
Ray Rice
Mike Hart

of your list only Mike Hart is a Senior. I really like him he's smart & a hardworker but he's small, overused, lacks explosion & not 1st rd. material. I mentioned McFadden as underclassman who if declares is a top 5 pick, do you think the Texans are gonna pick in the top 5? top 10? Slaton, Jones & Rice are all underclassman.

tulexan
09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I would be shocked if Slaton, Jones, and Rice all didn't declare. The shelf life for running backs are so short and at any moment can end a season (or career with an injury).

beerlover
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I would be shocked if Slaton, Jones, and Rice all didn't declare. The shelf life for running backs are so short and at any moment can end a season (or career with an injury).

when discussing the next draft scouts/gurus (like Kipper) limit grades to those eliglble for the draft which as of right now is the senior class only. But if you insist on circumventing due process all three are high profile slot backs not the type that pound between the tackles, make one move & run straight downhill :)

Texans Horror
09-24-2007, 07:43 AM
I think the running game, like the passing game, has been created to not need a substantial presence from the o-line. Green and Dayne, when they have looked good, have made holes where holes did not exist.

Now granted, I have seen some new blocking schemes that are helping Green out. Pitts bulldozing inside for Green was very successful in the first two games. But I think in the end, the Texans run game is based on two backs who are used to pushing defensive linemen around. So when you take out those two guys, it doesn't matter who is replacing them - the running back is going to struggle.

If the Texans are going to look into drafting a running back, then they don't need to look for the top-tier running backs behind the elite line. They need to look for the big bruiser-type backs who ram through defensive lines. This is what the system is based on.

BattleRedToro
09-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't think that is what the O-line blocking scheme is based on as you say, but it may be all that this O-line is currently capable of doing.

hookinreds
09-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Darius Walker, he's on the practice squad.

Probably not after this week.

eriadoc
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
After Green left the game for the last time (after the direct snap), the team handed off to Cook, then Gado, then Cook three more times. That concluded the first half. If Cook is that much better than Gado at tailback, we should have kept Lundy, or Walker, or Bob from Accountemps. If you're a 3rd string RB and you don't get the carries when the first two go down, then why the hell are you even on the depth chart?

tulexan
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
If the Texans are going to look into drafting a running back, then they don't need to look for the top-tier running backs behind the elite line. They need to look for the big bruiser-type backs who ram through defensive lines. This is what the system is based on.

I don't agree with this. Ahman Green isn't a big bruiser back. I think we actually need a really fast back who can explode through the holes before they close and get to the second level. Hopefully Darius Walker can get a chance to show his skills because I think he has a lot of potential and offers a lot more than Gado.

The1ApplePie
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
The Texans need a speed back badly. We already have enough guys that can run forward and fall over for 3 yards.

Slaton would be the perfect back for the system, but I doubt he will fall that far.

tulexan
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
The Texans need a speed back badly. We already have enough guys that can run forward and fall over for 3 yards.

Slaton would be the perfect back for the system, but I doubt he will fall that far.

You never know. Running backs have fallen big time in the past and it wouldn't surprise me if Steve Slaton or Felix Jones fell to us (where ever we are).

beerlover
09-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I guess Rick Smith could stand pat & wait til the offseason to address RB again via draft or FA. by the way Michael Turner is due to be an unrestricted free agent & you know San Diego is'nt going to re-sign him to #1 RB money with LT on the roster. I would expect them to be in the market to get what they can for him now before he walks. If the Texans could come to an agreement with the Chargers & Turner on a contract extension its entirely possible. keep posted you heard it here first :pirate:

Texans_Chick
09-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Should be interesting to see what happens next week. Kubiak in today's presser said that the running game would be a point of emphasis this week.

HoustonFrog
09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
So is this how I'm seeing this

Green--Day to Day but most likely being sat this week. Questionable.

HoHo Dayne--Could have played last week but sat and should be starting or getting a load this week

Gado--Will play but can't believe we have to..may start but probably just splitting carries

Darius--Left on practice squad because of Dayne

That it?

gtexan02
09-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Dont forget our secret weapon, Jameel Cook

HoustonFrog
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Dont forget our secret weapon, Jameel Cook

Exactly...emergency.

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone else wish we had Lundy right now?

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 09:06 AM

Nope

Having air back there is better than Wali Lundy

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Nope

Having air back there is better than Wali Lundy

Lundy v. Walker, I take Lundy. I know what I am getting.

retxaB
09-25-2007, 09:26 AM

Darren McFadden
Steve Slaton
Felix Jones
Ray Rice
Mike Hart

True, True. Althrough Mike Hart plays for that team up North he and McFadden are very very good picks.

retxaB
09-25-2007, 09:30 AM

Yes. I said to you before that cutting Lundy was a bad move.

I still do not see why we do not run more I-Form running plays....anyone?

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
So is this how I'm seeing this

Green--Day to Day but most likely being sat this week. Questionable.

HoHo Dayne--Could have played last week but sat and should be starting or getting a load this week

Gado--Will play but can't believe we have to..may start but probably just splitting carries

Darius--Left on practice squad because of Dayne

That it?

per: www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl

Texans | Green expected to play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:06:05 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) is expected to play Week 4.

Texans | Dayne will likely play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:05:46 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Housotn Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ron Dayne (ribs) should practice this week and will likely play Week 4.

Looks like all the RBs will be playing this weekend.

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd rather sit them against ATL than have them injured against Tenn.

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 09:55 AM

A running back that can't out run a DT?

There is a reason no one bothered to pick him up

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 09:56 AM

And the same (that nobody bothered to pick him up) can be said about Walker, so what's your point?

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 09:56 AM

There's a reason Walker went undrafted and got cut by us. LOL, we'll agree to disagree.

HOU-TEX
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM

IMO, Lundy is not a very good RB. Then again, neither is Dayne and Gado. So, pick your poison. :gun:

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Lundy has already proved he is not an NFL back
Walker has potential, we have no idea what we are getting.

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
IMO, Lundy is not a very good RB. Then again, neither is Dayne and Gado. So, pick your poison. :gun:

I agree about Lundy, I think even less of Walker, but that's just my opinion.

tulexan
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
There's a reason Walker went undrafted and got cut by us. LOL, we'll agree to disagree.

Yes, because undrafted free agents never pan out.

http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/nfl/holmes_02.jpg

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Yes, because undrafted free agents never pan out.

http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/nfl/holmes_02.jpg

Please don't tell me you are expecting Walker to come in and be the next Priest Holmes are you? Holmes' situation coming into the draft was fairly different then Walker's. Holmes as a FB his last years at UT, Walker was the featured back; being the biggest difference.

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
LMFAO, did you just compare Walker to Holmes?

tulexan
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Please don't tell me you are expecting Walker to come in and be the next Priest Holmes are you? Holmes' situation coming into the draft was fairly different then Walker's. Holmes as a FB his last years at UT, Walker was the featured back; being the biggest difference.

No, I'm not saying that he is going to be Priest Holmes. I am saying that where you are drafted (or not drafted) is irrelevant. There have been too many cases to name where late draft picks have out performed high draft picks.

Wasn't Chris Taylor undrafted too?

HOU-TEX
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I agree about Lundy, I think even less of Walker, but that's just my opinion.

True, but I think Walker has more potential than Lundy ever had.

Eh..either way, other than a healthy Green our RB corps is less than desirable.:wild:

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
No, I'm not saying that he is going to be Priest Holmes. I am saying that where you are drafted (or not drafted) is irrelevant. There have been too many cases to name where late draft picks have out performed high draft picks.

Chris Taylor was never cut by the team during training camp.

Yankee_In_TX
09-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Walker's college play + the fact we cut him from our roster once already tells me he's nothing much on the field.

tulexan
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Walker's college play + the fact we cut him from our roster once already tells me he's nothing much on the field.

Yes, we cut him and when he came back was much improved. He admits that he was down on himself for going undrafted and Kubiak has said that he was much improved when we re-signed him.

I don't see anything wrong with his college play. He didn't put up crazy numbers, but he also was in a pass heavy offense. He was also probably the only ND player who actually played a good game in the Sugar Bowl last year against LSU's defense.

Now, is he going to turn out to be a perennial pro bowler or even a one time pro bowler? Probably not, but we won't know until he gets a shot and he surely can't be any worse than Gado.

real
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd rather bring Wali back.

HuttoKarl
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Texans | Green expected to play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:06:05 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) is expected to play Week 4.

Texans | Dayne will likely play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:05:46 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Housotn Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ron Dayne (ribs) should practice this week and will likely play Week 4.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I'd rather see Green and Dayne back on the field in week 4 than Lundy or Walker.

beerlover
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I seam to remember Darius Walker being named on Ourlads annual "laddie awards" as the most underappreciated RB in the 07 draft class- then he went undrafted, signed by the Texans, cut, then re-signed to the practice squad :shades:

tulexan
09-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I seam to remember Darius Walker being named on Ourlads annual "laddie awards" as the most underappreciated RB in the 07 draft class- then he went undrafted, signed by the Texans, cut, then re-signed to the practice squad :shades:

They must be wrong about him because he was undrafted. He can't be any good. Draft position determines the quality of player. Look at Reggie Bush for evidence.

Corrosion
09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
The Texans running game hasnt looked all thet impressive no matter who is toting the rock . Green has been the most effective when healthy putting up an avg of 4.3 .
The only other back to avg 3.0 or better is Jameel Cook who has 5 carries for 15 yards . Ron Dayne who played well Vs. the Chiefs has a dismal avg of 2.5 . Samkon Gado is even worse at 2.0 . Those numbers are erily similar to seasons past . The team avg. is 3.2 per carry which is 28th in the NFL . (Here's a SHOCKER .... San Diego is 32nd @ 2.4 while Cleveland and Pittsburgh are tied at the top @ 5.5)
Greens avg of 4.3 is acceptable .... but to me is deceptive . There are too many plays that are for negative yards or little to no gain .

Sometimes I want to blame the O-line for not creating lanes . Others Its the back .... Others still I think its the system . Fact is even with Green this team dosnt have a good running attack they have just enough to get by and nothing more .

beerlover
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
They must be wrong about him because he was undrafted. He can't be any good. Draft position determines the quality of player. Look at Reggie Bush for evidence.

your reading way to much into it. history shows for whatever the reason he remains underappreciated or for better use of words underused :)

CoastalTexan
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it's the offensive line, it looks like there are never any holes to run through. I think it will take a couple offseasons to retool our offensive line into one that can run-block as well as pass-block.

beerlover
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I think it's the offensive line, it looks like there are never any holes to run through. I think it will take a couple offseasons to retool our offensive line into one that can run-block as well as pass-block.

with McKinney's career in serious question & Flanagan not far behind selecting a stud to shore up the middle will get special interest. short of spending a 1st rd. pick on as close to a complete package as possible its more likely the Texans draft a cb in the first & look at addressing the center position in the 3rd rd. Texas A&M have a good one in Cody Wallace that would help the run game next year if selected :)

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
You can usually hold up on center till later rounds, since there are usually more talented prospects than there are teams that need them. Two 1st round talent centers went in the 3rd and 4th this year

beerlover
09-25-2007, 12:27 PM
You can usually hold up on center till later rounds, since there are usually more talented prospects than there are teams that need them. Two 1st round talent centers went in the 3rd and 4th this year

your absolutely correct about that. however this is a need both in developing the rushing game/lanes & pass protection. there is one bluechip center in the upcoming draft, Steve Justice, Wake Forrest & he is a perfect fit for the Zone blocking scheme because of his quickness, maybe he'll slide to the Texans in the 3rd, rd. you never know & its early.

I also seem to remember the Texans bringing in Enoka Lucas (released by Texans 7/23) who is now on the Bucs' practice squad. Anyone know the procedure for claiming a player off another teams practice squad?

Errant Hothy
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
your absolutely correct about that. however this is a need both in developing the rushing game/lanes & pass protection. there is one bluechip center in the upcoming draft, Steve Justice, Wake Forrest & he is a perfect fit for the Zone blocking scheme because of his quickness, maybe he'll slide to the Texans in the 3rd, rd. you never know & its early.

I also seem to remember the Texans bringing in Enoka Lucas (released by Texans 7/23) who is now on the Bucs' practice squad. Anyone know the procedure for claiming a player off another teams practice squad?

I'm pretty sure that you have to sign the palyer to the 53 man roster, and with the team having already having alook at Lucas I don't think this is likely. Espically with White being here when Lucas was cut.

real
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't feel like searching for the quote, but Kubiak said he released some of those players because he felt like they were good ball players who just wouldn't be able to make our roster due to numbers...

So he let them walk early so they could get with another team while camp was still going...

HOU-TEX
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM

This is the way I can possibly see it going down this off-season.

We now have a couple of young talented guards that will most likely play for several years. We drafted a talented up and coming guard in Studdard. I'd move Studdard to center this off-season considering he wouldn't get any playing time at guard unless he was to beat out Weary or Pitts. He seems too talented to sit and wait for his turn.

:texflag:

Texans Horror
09-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Yes, the line is the problem, but since when has that made any difference to the front office? They will probably free-agent a cornerback and another journeyman lineman, and then draft a linebacker for all we know...

beerlover
09-25-2007, 02:41 PM
enough covering the line defeincies now back to our RB situation. How do y'all feel about our 3rd string RB, Samkon Gado, being the go to guy for the next game or two?

I haven't really seen a reason to take a close, carefull look at Sam because I never imagined the Texans being in this situation. very limited playing time here, I know he had some good production in Green Bay a couple years ago so he is most likely a system type of RB which Kubiak & Sherman should know a great deal about. I like the fact the Texans have a strong & growing Nigerian connection, they all seem athletic gifted, smart & hard workers. He came out of Liberty University going undrafted in 2005. virtually unknown coming out but has excellent size for the position. the official Texans website has more information on him than anywhere I can find so I'm going to have to go out on a limb & grade him based on the limited action I've seen-

Samkon Gado, 5-10 226. well rounded skill set, can do everything but only average. strongest aspect of game- blocking & picking up the blitz (might suggest the Texans game plan is to open up the passing game against Atlanta). can catch & run with the ball but does not have soft hands (does not pluck the ball) needs to protect the ball from impact (wrap up or switch to the proper arm & fend off defenders with stiff arm). good runner between the tackles, runs best downhill, more powerful than elusive can run through tackles. not sure if its because of lack of experience or coaching but does not have natural instincts or vision to see plays develop or use blocking schemes & improvise. seems durable (last man standing) tough, smart & team player.

eriadoc
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
enough covering the line defeincies now back to our RB situation. How do y'all feel about our 3rd string RB, Samkon Gado, being the go to guy for the next game or two?

I haven't really seen a reason to take a close, carefull look at Sam because I never imagined the Texans being in this situation. very limited playing time here, I know he had some good production in Green Bay a couple years ago so he is most likely a system type of RB which Kubiak & Sherman should know a great deal about. I like the fact the Texans have a strong & growing Nigerian connection, they all seem athletic gifted, smart & hard workers. He came out of Liberty University going undrafted in 2005. virtually unknown coming out but has excellent size for the position. the official Texans website has more information on him than anywhere I can find so I'm going to have to go out on a limb & grade him based on the limited action I've seen-

Samkon Gado, 5-10 226. well rounded skill set, can do everything but only average. strongest aspect of game- blocking & picking up the blitz (might suggest the Texans game plan is to open up the passing game against Atlanta). can catch & run with the ball but does not have soft hands (does not pluck the ball) needs to protect the ball from impact (wrap up or switch to the proper arm & fend off defenders with stiff arm). good runner between the tackles, runs best downhill, more powerful than elusive can run through tackles. not sure if its because of lack of experience or coaching but does not have natural instincts or vision to see plays develop or use blocking schemes & improvise. seems durable (last man standing) tough, smart & team player.

To me, if you can't use Gado in that game on Sunday, and think Cook is a better option at tailback, then Gado has no business being on the roster. I have yet to hear a suitable explanation for that nonsense.

Hervoyel
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
To me, if you can't use Gado in that game on Sunday, and think Cook is a better option at tailback, then Gado has no business being on the roster. I have yet to hear a suitable explanation for that nonsense.

I must spread some reputation around before giving it to you again but this is just plain common sense. What's the point of being on the roster if you can't do the job?

He was "rusty"? WTF is that? Doesn't he go to practice? Aren't we only 3 games into the season? Didn't he get to play in the preseason? How in the hell does he get so rusty that he's useless in three weeks?

Exithios
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Gado is Sherman's boy, no other explanation needed. He will likely be our #3 until Rick Smith puts his foot down.

My $0.02

Texan Asylum
09-25-2007, 03:25 PM

I must spread some reputation around before giving it to you again but this is just plain common sense. What's the point of being on the roster if you can't do the job?

He was "rusty"? WTF is that? Doesn't he go to practice? Aren't we only 3 games into the season? Didn't he get to play in the preseason? How in the hell does he get so rusty that he's useless in three weeks?

Good point guys...

Got the rep for him Herv, although mine doesn't carry the weight yours does. :cool:

HOU-TEX
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM

I was watching the video clip that Darius Walker does and something in Gado's little interview caught my ear. Gado mentioned something about being happy to be on the team, yada, yada, and happy to be able to help the Texans get ready every week.

I would have to guess he hasn't been in any game-planning or updating of the plays installed by hearing that comment.

Having said that, I agree with y'all. If he's not ready mentally or physically, get somebody that is. Personally, I don't think he's very good anyways.:cool:

brickman
09-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I have a lot of faith in Matt Scaub and what he brings to our offense. I think he will be selective with his passes and minimize any mistakes. He's a smart kid who doesn't seem to get rattled. My question is, with Atlanta's terrible run defense, do you think Dayne and Gado can carry the running game? I f they can't, I fear we are in trouble. What do you think? :texflag:

Marcus
09-28-2007, 07:16 AM
What do I think?

I think if Dayne's ribs don't hold up, (and don't think for a second that the Falcons don't know about them) then there goes the running game. And then then there go the play actions. And then, there go the bootlegs.

Then, we're one dimensional, with nothing but backup receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks.

Oh yeah. We're going to win that game easily on Sunday.:rolleyes:

Falcons 17 Texans 7

Edit: (And then, next week you get to come back and moan about Schaub being "Carresque", and Kubiak's play calling like Capers)

BattleRedToro
09-28-2007, 07:25 AM
What do I think?

I think if Dayne's ribs don't hold up, (and don't think for a second that the Falcons don't know about them) then there goes the running game. And then then there go the play actions. And then, there go the bootlegs.

Then, we're one dimensional, with nothing but backup receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks.

Oh yeah. We're going to win that game easily on Sunday.:rolleyes:

Falcons 17 Texans 7

Edit: (And then, next week you get to come back and ***** about Schaub being "Carresque", and Kubiak being Capers)

Oh yee of little faith. I'm sure Dayne can wear some extra protection if he really needs it, but I doubt he needs it. He felt ready to play last Sunday, so with this extra week of rest his bruised ribs should be healed.