PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have so many injuries?

TheIronDuke
09-23-2007, 02:36 PM
As I'm posting this, Steve McKinney's just gone down. But, seriously, doesn't it seem like we get bitten by the injury bug much more than any other team in the NFL? Jacoby, AJ, Killings, Green? This is ridiculous.

TheIronDuke
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
So McKinney's done for the season now with a blown knee?

Any word on JJ?

Hervoyel
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
The bug is on us, there's just no other way to look at it and it doesn't do any good to worry about it. You just have to keep on plugging away.

It's not like we aren't a few players away anyway. As long as Faggins is back there we're going to suffer and even with his incompetent butt trying to cover receivers from 8 yards away (what does he think he's doing? The Jedi Mind Trick?) we still came close to coming back on the Colts despite not having AJ, Dayne, Green after the first quarter, and Jacoby at the end.

Marcus
09-23-2007, 03:10 PM
We do NOT have any more injuries than any other of the 31 teams. Injuries are part of the game. It was just one of those games.

I predicted 10-6 barring injuries . . barring injuries.

Marcus
09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Any word on JJ?

Watching the way he was holding his arm as he was walking to the dressing room, don't be surprised if it's a dislocated or separated shoulder.

TheIronDuke
09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Watching the way he was holding his arm as he was walking to the dressing room, don't be surprised if it's a dislocated or separated shoulder.

And exactly how long does that usually take a player out?

Texans_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
So McKinney's done for the season now with a blown knee?

Any word on JJ?

Wait, where is the information about McKinney's knee?

I know he went back into the game after the original injury and Kubiak said in his presser that it is a sprained knee. The only one he said for sure was going to miss time was Jacoby Jones. JJ has a AC separation and will miss some time. They will do an MRI for more info.

Texans_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:10 PM
This is what Kubiak said about all the injuries:

(on the Texans injuries) 的知 going to be pretty vague here. (RB) Ahman (Green) has a knee sprain, or a knee strain. He値l be evaluated and have an MRI this afternoon. (DT) Cedric Killings when he was on the field he was moving everything, he was talking to me, he called out to his teammates a couple times. He has a big cut under his right eye. He was in a big collision. That痴 about all I know right now. He痴 at Methodist (Hospital). We値l put him through a series of tests tonight. All indications appear to be real positive. We値l see how that comes out. (WR) Andre Davis dislocated a finger. (WR) Jacoby Jones has an AC separation. He値l be evaluated in the next couple of days. I can tell he値l miss some time. (C) Steve McKinney has a knee sprain. It was thought to be pretty serious initially, but he actually did go back in the game, so that痴 a positive sign. We致e got some guys beat up and I don稚 have a lot of answers for you. I知 sorry. We should have more for you tomorrow as we work through these guys tonight.

GuerillaBlack
09-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I will miss JJ more if AJ doesn't get back in soon, but how long is JJ suppose to be out. Maybe four weeks? Part of me wishes that bye week was here already.

Buffi2
09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Depends on how severe the separation is - if it is a type 1, JJ will only miss a week or so - if it is a type 3 or higher - well, then you are talking a month or two. This is most distressing, I must say.

Texans_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Depends on how severe the separation is - if it is a type 1, JJ will only miss a week or so - if it is a type 3 or higher - well, then you are talking a month or two. This is most distressing, I must say.

This is what Jacoby said about it:

(on what the diagnosis is for his shoulder) 的t痴 separated, to a degree two. They say that I知 going to really find out about it on my MRI. I had some x-rays, and we値l find out.

Hardcore Texan
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I am re-watching parts of the game right now. I had a blast today tailgating and at the game even though we did not win. Our team played good against a strong team, especially the way we rebounded from the injuries. But these injuries really hurt us, we need a couple more years under Smith/Kubiak to build the kind of depth it takes to still win under this type of duress.

feebleminded
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
This is what Jacoby said about it:

Not that anyone cant search the internet on this injury, but I thought this site had a good explanation:

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/shoulder_acSeperation/overview.asp

Second degree separation is pretty good news all things considered