PDA

View Full Version : Serious Karma... Jim Rome

the wonger need food
09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Schaub will be on Rome is Burning today.

This is from his website...

http://www.jimrome.com/home/articles/article_2.html

I know it’s just the third game of the season and it won’t make or break their year, but make no mistake, Sunday’s showdown with the Indianapolis Colts might be the most important game in the history of the Houston Texans’ franchise. And if they do beat the defending champs, in their stadium, without Andre Johnson, it will be.

How can you not “get” with the Texans? Come to find out, their offensive line wasn’t that bad, and Matt Schaub is really that good. What an unbelievable deal the Texans made for this guy. An absolutely “stones play”! Fact is, as good as he is physically, and as “squared away” as he is mentally, there’s no way to ever know what you’re getting. Remember Rob Johnson and the Buffalo Bills? The Texans, “rolled the bones”, decided against drafting a franchise Q.B., and went all in with a guy who had made two NFL starts and paid him “crazy jack” in the process. And they look brilliant for it right now!

I know it’s just two games, but the guy has all the makings of a star! And while I do really like David Carr, Schaub is everything Carr wasn’t while he was there. A “general”, a leader, he’s decisive and a guy who gets “rid of the ball” quickly. He’ll need to be all that and more to beat the Colts and it’s probably too much to ask without Andre Johnson, but it looks like the Texans are about to become a “force”!

Double Barrel
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah, but 'Schaub is only good because we got Ahman Green'. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the karma pays off!! If we need it for any game, it's this one. :texflag:

TexanSam
09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I hope every game we play this year is more important that the previous one.

DocBar
09-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Schaub will be on Rome is Burning today.

This is from his website...

http://www.jimrome.com/home/articles/article_2.html

I know it’s just the third game of the season and it won’t make or break their year, but make no mistake, Sunday’s showdown with the Indianapolis Colts might be the most important game in the history of the Houston Texans’ franchise. And if they do beat the defending champs, in their stadium, without Andre Johnson, it will be.

How can you not “get” with the Texans? Come to find out, their offensive line wasn’t that bad, and Matt Schaub is really that good. What an unbelievable deal the Texans made for this guy. An absolutely “stones play”! Fact is, as good as he is physically, and as “squared away” as he is mentally, there’s no way to ever know what you’re getting. Remember Rob Johnson and the Buffalo Bills? The Texans, “rolled the bones”, decided against drafting a franchise Q.B., and went all in with a guy who had made two NFL starts and paid him “crazy jack” in the process. And they look brilliant for it right now!

I know it’s just two games, but the guy has all the makings of a star! And while I do really like David Carr, Schaub is everything Carr wasn’t while he was there. A “general”, a leader, he’s decisive and a guy who gets “rid of the ball” quickly. He’ll need to be all that and more to beat the Colts and it’s probably too much to ask without Andre Johnson, but it looks like the Texans are about to become a “force”! Rick Smith looks as smart as CC always wanted to look....

Wolfiegrrl
09-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Amazing to think that Rick Smith is only 37 years old. If only my brother had that much ambition. Sigh. LOL:texflag: :splits:

Brando
09-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Rome is on the Texans bandwagon. I'll be back later I need to build some more extended cabs to add to the bandwagon. It's getting full. We need to accomodate our guest after all so they can be permanent members.

:texflag: