PDA

View Full Version : Andre Isn't the Only One Out

Dan B.
09-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Dallas Clark, who has had a phenomenal start to the season, is doubtful for Sunday (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/20/clark-may-sit-out-for-colts-on-sunday/), as is Indy's RT Ryan Diem. This could mean a great game for Mario, and losing Clark definitely hurts Manning's ability to stretch our defensive secondary.

Leahmic223
09-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Dallas Clark, who has had a phenomenal start to the season, is doubtful for Sunday (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/20/clark-may-sit-out-for-colts-on-sunday/), as is Indy's RT Ryan Diem. This could mean a great game for Mario, and losing Clark definitely hurts Manning's ability to stretch our defensive secondary.

Okay now I am smelling a upset.

Dallas Clark does a lot for that team though, they still have about 4 other weapons on offense though...I think we have a lot of playmakers on defense though.

MEGA SWATT
09-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Texans go 3-0:whip:

fritz145
09-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Don't rule Clark out just yet:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6360/news

Sep 20 Clark (neck) is expected to play on Sunday against the Texans, the Terre Haute Tribune-Star reports.

Malloy
09-21-2007, 04:38 AM
An Indy game without Dallas Clark would be kinda nice :)

TooManyWeapons
09-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Dallas Clark is great. If he doesn't take the field it will definitely affect the game.

But, unlike some other teams in the league, the Colts do still have a few other superstars to throw the ball to.

I can't wait for this game. If I was predicting a blowout this wouldn't be the case.

To Houston: Thanks so far for not sucking. I may be cursing you for the same on Monday but right now I'm in a positive mood. :)

Indy Skinnz
09-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Texans go 3-0:whip:

Just a touch premature on that prediction. You do know that Manning is playing, right?

HJam72
09-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Just a touch premature on that prediction. You do know that Manning is playing, right?

I'm sure he knows it. We're just too excited to think straight.

IF we beat the Colts and go 3-0, there may be people crying happy tears in the stands. OK, not a lot, but a few.

gwallaia
09-21-2007, 08:59 AM

Oh you mean, Eli's brother. What's his first name again?

Kaiser Toro
09-21-2007, 09:18 AM

We are all aware. We are also very aware that when Manning is sitting on the sidelines he is least effective.

Specnatz
09-21-2007, 11:41 AM

Damn and I thought he got skeered and was goingto sitout so he could film another commercial.

badboy
09-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Dallas Clark is great. If he doesn't take the field it will definitely affect the game.

But, unlike some other teams in the league, the Colts do still have a few other superstars to throw the ball to.

I can't wait for this game. If I was predicting a blowout this wouldn't be the case.

To Houston: Thanks so far for not sucking. I may be cursing you for the same on Monday but right now I'm in a positive mood. :)Yeah, well we have superstars in the making! heeehhee. Mathis, Jacoby Jones and Owen Daniels will be names you are going to remember. You are still the team to beat, but we are coming after you like you were wearing a red flag.

Hervoyel
09-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sure we all know by now that 1/3rd of the Colts roster on any given week seems to be listed as doubtful or questionable. They almost all, always play and play well.

Yankee_In_TX
09-21-2007, 11:50 AM

To Houston: Thanks so far for not sucking. I may be cursing you for the same on Monday but right now I'm in a positive mood. :)

I think Gonzo can fill the slot quite nicely. He's still young, but watch out for him in the future. And that's NOT just the Buckeye in me talking. IF Clark is out (he'll play), Manning can look to Gonzo over the middle.

hookinreds
09-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I think Gonzo can fill the slot quite nicely. He's still young, but watch out for him in the future. And that's NOT just the Buckeye in me talking. IF Clark is out (he'll play), Manning can look to Gonzo over the middle.

Exacty the guy I'm most fearing going into this game. Who's going to be covering Gonzo across the middle. #59 is going focused all over Addai, Wanyne and Harrison are going to get theirs at various times, but it's Gonzo that I think is going to be the key. He is going to be Mannings release valve, I think the less we hear from him the better.

HOU-TEX
09-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Damn and I thought he got skeered and was goingto sitout so he could film another commercial.

I actually think those commercials are pretty funny.

Especially the one where he says something like "Nah, we don't do that. We just find the smallest guy on the team and duct tape him to the goal post"

Here's a SNL clip that's hilarious.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpPf-q2_es

Exithios
09-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Clark, Diem miss second straight practice for Colts

September 20, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark, right tackle Ryan Diem and outside linebacker Rob Morris -- all starters -- missed their second straight practice Thursday, and coach Tony Dungy has not said whether they will play Sunday at Houston.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-coltsinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

TexansLucky13
09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Clark, Diem miss second straight practice for Colts

September 20, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark, right tackle Ryan Diem and outside linebacker Rob Morris -- all starters -- missed their second straight practice Thursday, and coach Tony Dungy has not said whether they will play Sunday at Houston.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-coltsinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/24805BP~The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

kastofsna
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
yeah i have a feeling he's going to have a breakout game sooner, rather than later.

but really, the texans need to focus on stopping the run. once that's shutdown, manning's options are limited, and his play-action is taken away, and that's what you wanna do with manning. don't worry whether dallas clark is in there or not, if Addai is getting big yards, so will manning, to WHOEVER.

Pantherstang84
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
yeah i have a feeling he's going to have a breakout game sooner, rather than later.

but really, the texans need to focus on stopping the run. once that's shutdown, manning's options are limited, and his play-action is taken away, and that's what you wanna do with manning. don't worry whether dallas clark is in there or not, if Addai is getting big yards, so will manning, to WHOEVER.

I disagree. I say the Texans should concede the running game and dedicate themselves to stopping the pass. Play pass defense first and let the front 4 get pressure up front.

Ckw
09-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm sure he knows it. We're just too excited to think straight.

IF we beat the Colts and go 3-0, there may be people crying happy tears in the stands. OK, not a lot, but a few.

Man, I might be one of those having to look down and not let anyone see my eyes. After last year and all the ridicule I took for supporting the Texans, talking up Mario and the rest of the guys (even Carr mistakingly), I might have to shed a tear. I knew this team was headed in the right direction, I just had too many memories of 19-10 Texans over Cowboys with David Carr leading the way. If we make the turn this season, Kubiak will be a shoe in for coach of the year. And that's what makes the tear even more likely. I really jumped on the team even more when McNair announced he was hiring Kubiak in January of 06. I even told my friend, a huge Broncos fan, that they were losing an amazing coach and he was going to turn us around. What a great hire! Way to go Bob!

MEGA SWATT
09-22-2007, 12:18 AM

who:cowboy1: :texflag: :d:

Dppapi08
09-22-2007, 01:22 AM
what our team needs to do is do what they did last year which is.. control the clock.. keep peyton off the field and texans have a good chance of taking it

DocBar
09-22-2007, 01:23 AM

but really, the texans need to focus on stopping the run. once that's shutdown, manning's options are limited, and his play-action is taken away, and that's what you wanna do with manning. don't worry whether dallas clark is in there or not, if Addai is getting big yards, so will manning, to WHOEVER. Manning's options are LIMITED in the passing game???? THAT would be as numbskull a suggestion as I've heard in a long time. You don't "stop" Manning by shutting down the run.You stop him by slobberknocking his receivers at the LOS and after they catch the ball and by getting pressure on him in the pocket. They have too good of receivers to shut down consistently, running game or not. Focusing on the run is a recipe for disaster. Our safeties are gonna be make or break for us. If they focus on the run and bite on those PA's you're talking about, it'll be a long day for Houston. If our front 4 or 5 can get good pressure on Manning and we can chuck the receivers at the LOS and disrupt the timing patterns, we'll win this game whether Addai gets his yds or not. As important, if not more is if we can exploit Indy's D. If OUR PA's are working and we can get up on them, then we can sit on the lead. Kubes seems very adept at scheming the game for this. Sherman is also calling a nice, balanced attack when we're in this position. Kastofsna, go back and watch your film....focusing on the run game is a recipe for disaster. Pressuring Manning and limiting big runs is the key to beating the Colts,

BattleRedToro
09-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Manning's options are LIMITED in the passing game???? THAT would be as numbskull a suggestion as I've heard in a long time. You don't "stop" Manning by shutting down the run.You stop him by slobberknocking his receivers at the LOS and after they catch the ball and by getting pressure on him in the pocket. They have too good of receivers to shut down consistently, running game or not. Focusing on the run is a recipe for disaster. Our safeties are gonna be make or break for us. If they focus on the run and bite on those PA's you're talking about, it'll be a long day for Houston. If our front 4 or 5 can get good pressure on Manning and we can chuck the receivers at the LOS and disrupt the timing patterns, we'll win this game whether Addai gets his yds or not. As important, if not more is if we can exploit Indy's D. If OUR PA's are working and we can get up on them, then we can sit on the lead. Kubes seems very adept at scheming the game for this. Sherman is also calling a nice, balanced attack when we're in this position. Kastofsna, go back and watch your film....focusing on the run game is a recipe for disaster. Pressuring Manning and limiting big runs is the key to beating the Colts,

I would add that the entire team needs to play a very physically punishing game all day long. The Colts team in general is a small, fast finesse team. In my opinion, with that type of team, you need to subject them to constant physical abuse, so that by the 4th quarter they are worn out. It might even be possible, to beat them up so bad that it might effect them in their next game against Denver.

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
The Colts' linebacker corp in general is pretty banged up. Even though their weak side LB Keiaho is slated to return (didn't play against the Tacks), he will be more tentative and more like to be compromised physically by his recent elbow dislocation. Strong side LB Morris (also missed Tacks game) is unlikely to be in the game at all due to his severe abdominal muscle strain.
Clark and Diem missed the week's first three workouts with their neck injuries, and even though they are vets, it can't help the Colts that they didn't get their reps in for timing with Manning.

All in all, come tomorrow, it will more depend on what WE DO than what THEY DON'T DO!

DBCooper
09-22-2007, 02:02 PM
You stop him by slobberknocking his receivers at the LOS and after they catch the ball and by getting pressure on him in the pocket.

Slobberknocking is my word for the day.

lol