PDA

View Full Version : ESPN- Schaub drawing early rave reviews

TexSon
09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
New article on ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3027002

Blake
09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Positive articles on the Texans. New teritory for these writers.

Specnatz
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Damn nice article, it is amazing what two wins brings out. People actually may be watching some old film or they are just coping what has been said here for months.

:texflag:

Noblesse Oblige
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3027002&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

"'There's a different attitude in here.'

To a man, the Texans credit Schaub with that transformation."

Noblesse Oblige
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I've done it again--mods please delete, there's already a thread on this going.

Someday, I'll get it right. Someday.

kastofsna
09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
great article, for sure.

gtexan02
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
I love this quote:

"In a conscious effort, the Texans signed 10 free agents in the offseason with more than 40 games of playoff experience."

Double Barrel
09-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Nice article.

Too bad a QB can't change things around the rest of the team... :whistle: at least that's what I've been told! (x100)

Intangibles: Leadership. Presence. Confidence. Poise. These are all things I was stoked about when we found out that the FO acquired Schaub. Maybe I was overboard with my enthusiasm, but I got verbally beaten down so I quit talking about it.

But, after watching the NFL for at least 30+ years, you see teams that add a key player and turn things around. These guys don't have to have all the physical attributes, don't have to be Mr. Playmaker, but they instill an identity to a team from something within themselves. You see it in life, too, from the military, to business, entertainment, sports, whatever.

So, in closing, I guess what I'm trying to say is.... :neener: Told ya' so!

The Pencil Neck
09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Nice article.

Too bad a QB can't change things around the rest of the team... :whistle: at least that's what I've been told! (x100)

Intangibles: Leadership. Presence. Confidence. Poise. These are all things I was stoked about when we found out that the FO acquired Schaub. Maybe I was overboard with my enthusiasm, but I got verbally beaten down so I quit talking about it.

But, after watching the NFL for at least 30+ years, you see teams that add a key player and turn things around. These guys don't have to have all the physical attributes, don't have to be Mr. Playmaker, but they instill an identity to a team from something within themselves. You see it in life, too, from the military, to business, entertainment, sports, whatever.

You must spread some reputation around before....

Texan Asylum
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Nice article.

You must spread some reputation around before....

Got him Pencil.

Excellent post DB.

TexansFight
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
The one thing I have to gripe about is the reference to empty seats at kickoff. It gives the impression that we don't sell out games and there were a bunch of no-shows for the Chiefs game. That was not true at all. I do wish the stands were more full for kickoff but that has nothing to do with how the team is doing rather people just not alotting enough time to get to the stadium or tailgating too long.

the wonger need food
09-20-2007, 04:18 PM
This can't be right... it goes against everything we've been told by all of the recently departed Carr apologists. You have to bring in players to help out the quarterback... a quarterback is not supposed to make everyone around him better.

Porky
09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
More love for Schaub, this time from PFW Scouts Eye (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts+Eye/2007/eye091707.htm)

Lots of good stuff in the article, you need the full read, but here is a nice excerpt -

Before Schaub steps to the line of scrimmage, he is reading the defense. When he sets in the pocket, he does not let his eyes drop to the defensive line at the first flash of pressure, as Carr often did. Instead, he sets quickly and keeps his eyes downfield, yet is still able to feel pressure and deliver the ball quickly when needed. When pass rushers are not accounted for, he is quick to adjust, as he did when Panthers SLB Thomas Davis unexpectedly came free after ORT Eric Winston appeared to mistakingly block down. Schaub could have been blindsided, but he showed great awareness, sensed Davis coming and quickly hit WR Andre Johnson in stride crossing the middle for what Johnson turned into a 31-yard TD reception to counter the Panthers' 14-0 lead.

:splits: