PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Andre will not play

TexansLucky13
09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Per KFFL

Texans | A. Johnson says he will not play Week 3
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:37:19 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (knee) said he will not play in the team's Week 3 game with a knee sprain.

It is also being reported on NFL.com

Porky
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Per KFFL

Texans | A. Johnson says he will not play Week 3
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:37:19 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (knee) said he will not play in the team's Week 3 game with a knee sprain.

It is also being reported on NFL.com

Crap on a stick. :gun:

gjmac2
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Injuries are part of the game. Guess the Texans will have to win without Andre!

:texflag:

Thorn
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
It's time for JJ to step up. :)

Yankee_In_TX
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I firmly believe, EITHER way, we won't KNOW until Sunday. That's what coaches do.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Balls...

Brando
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I firmly believe, EITHER way, we won't KNOW until Sunday. That's what coaches do.

I was thinking the same thing. .

Errant Hothy
09-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Exactly, I doubt Dungy is changing his gameplan in regards to AJ. The Colts are planning for AJ to play.

TexansSB07
09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I will wait for Sunday, is a nice show him hobbling around clumsy big brace on knee. I think Texans are DESTINED to win AJ or no AJ. We have depth and determination..we went down 14 points and came back and scored 34 unanswered points, We can do it and we will DO IT!!!!

frequentfliertx
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Being 2-1 isn't bad. LOL

DiehardChris
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, this doesn't make anything official at all... but I don't think it's a smokescreen by Kubes either.

I think the most telling thing so far is that they signed another WR to the practice squad. To me, that says there's a chance that he might actually miss more than one game. Why would they pick up an extra WR for a one week injury?

Hervoyel
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Being 2-1 isn't bad. LOL

After Sunday we can ask the Colts if you're right. They'll know.

Tedc
09-19-2007, 03:26 PM

I agree.

Heck, if the knee were 100% today they would not let anyone know until the last moment.

TheRealJoker
09-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Honestly though, if he isn't gonna be ready for the Colts there's no sense rushing him back into action. We've got the Falcons next Sunday so if he's not 100% i'd rather they sit him out because we wont really NEED him there to win the game.

Plus the only knock on Schaub so far is that he trusts AJ too much and will force the ball to him so AJ can make something happen, which has worked so far but also caused an INT in game 1 and an incomplete pass in game 2 that was originally ruled an INT.

If we sit him for the Colts AND Falcons games that'll give Schaub 2 games to develop a rapport with the other receivers and help in Jacoby's development along with Kevin Walter.

But if AJ is 100% next week, by all means put him in the game and let him run over the Falcon's secondary. If not though, save him for Jacksonville.

Vinnie
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
We heard the same thing about Larry Johnson, then they tried (however ineffectively) to jam him down our throats the whole game. Wait and see.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I still think we can win, wish he was out there, but still a chance. I am more ticked because he has been valuable in my Fantasy league, without him I would not be 2-0. Anyhow...is it Sunday yet?

Yankee_In_TX
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I still think we can win, wish he was out there, but still a chance. I am more ticked because he has been valuable in my Fantasy league, without him I would not be 2-0. Anyhow...is it Sunday yet?

Same here. I'll be benching him this week :(

mridge01
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
The coaching staff successfully game planned a win last year, I'm confident it can be time again. More importantly, let's hope Andre's absence is short-lived.

Leahmic223
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Andre's absence may actually make us better in the long run.

We get to finally see Jacoby in game action.
Andre isn't going to wear his knee down.

Double Barrel
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I think Schaub will get the ball where it needs to be. So the question is will our WRs be up to the job of catching those throws?

I'm still not sure we have a good #2 at this point, so this game will definitely give us a look into what these young guys are all about. Expect OD and the other TEs to have busy game, though.

NitroGSXR
09-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I say that we should still suit him up. At least make Dungy wary of his presence whether or not if he plays. Actually, if the guy can run... let him. I'm not saying throw the ball to him. I'm saying let him be a distraction and draw Sanders on him enabling our #2 to get some valid looks. I say #2 because we just don't know who's going to step up yet.

That's just my take on it.

stevn8r
09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Same here. I'll be benching him this week :(

I picked up JJ before the season on both fantasy teams and will be starting on both for his "break out" game
SOOOO GO "EEEEEE-THOCK"

Porky
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Just a guess, but I think we could see quite a bit of a double TE, two back, 1 WR set. This is a great set to run out of, but we can also work play action, try to get a safety to bite on the run fake, and try to get Jacoby in single coverage. This is exactly what they did in game one on the long pass to AJ and I think it could work again if we can establish the run well.

I also think Putzier and OD could see more than the usual balls coming there way out of these double TE sets, and the backs as well.

We will just have to compensate and overcome AJ's loss. I have MUCH more confidence that this could still be a somewhat successful offense in the absence of AJ with Schaub at the controls than the previous QB who shall remain nameless. :splits:

Andrew6
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Every player on the team makes money to play football. The difference in a good team and a bad team is the amount of depth they have. We'll just have to see what happens come Sunday.

real
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe this plays into our favor. Well maybe not, but maybe we can use this against the Colts.

With A.J out, the Clolts are probably less fearful of our passing attack..

They will probably underestimate some of our other guys, like Jacoby, allowing us to get some big gains.

Andrew6
09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
we didn't have a passing attack against them last game. Remember it was almost a complete ground game.

Tulip
09-19-2007, 04:59 PM
we didn't have a passing attack against them last game. Remember it was almost a complete ground game.

Yeah, I saw that McClain wrote this morning that AJ only caught 4 passes for 48 yards in that game.

HOU-TEX
09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I saw that McClain wrote this morning that AJ only caught 4 passes for 48 yards in that game.

Yeah, but one of the catches was a crucial 1st down that helped secure the win.:)

TexansLucky13
09-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Andre's absence may actually make us better in the long run.

We get to finally see Jacoby in game action.
Andre isn't going to wear his knee down.

I agree with this. If we can beat the Colts WITHOUT Andre, how bad*** will we look? How awesome will we be?? It would be amazing.