PDA

View Full Version : More Texan's love this time from Fanhouse

GlassHalfFull
09-19-2007, 09:22 AM
MJD had this to say about us in the Debriefing on Fanhouse today

"The Houston Texas are Actually Kinda Good.

I'm Jumping. I'm jumping, and I'm stomping on it with authority. The Texans are a complete unit, finally with a quarterback who understands that you're supposed to throw the ball before being engulfed by a defensive lineman.

Matt Schaub has been more than solid to open the season, and depending on Andre Johnson's health, could progress into one of the league's best QBs as the season goes on. The Ahman Green signing looks good so far (color me surprised), and Andre Johnson is a bona fide weapon in the class of Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, or Steve Smith.

The defense might not have the most impressive numbers at the moment, but consider that after giving up 14 points to Carolina in the first quarter this past Sunday, they tightened up and didn't allow another score until late in the 4th quarter, when their offense had already put up 34 straight points.

This team's for real ... real enough to contend for a wildcard spot in the AFC. "

full article found here http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/19/the-debriefing-its-this-mat-that-has-different-conclusions/#cont

The Pencil Neck
09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Our defensive numbers aren't impressive? Is this guy smoking crack?

It's actually our offensive numbers that are misleading.

Htownsportsfan
09-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Well he did asay the NUMBERS! Consider the Steve Smith 74 yard play that he should have been tackled on. That along with a few other blow plays allowed Delhomme to have over 300 yds passing and 3 td's with a 103 passer rating. Those who watched the game would lnow we dominated but numbers like that make it seems as though Jake had a good day aginst us as opposed to a few lucky plays thrown in.

Malloy
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM

I think he refers to the 21 points that the Panthers put on the board, that number is fairly misleading, and those 21 points does not equal a close game at all.

The Pencil Neck
09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Well he did asay the NUMBERS! Consider the Steve Smith 74 yard play that he should have been tackled on. That along with a few other blow plays allowed Delhomme to have over 300 yds passing and 3 td's with a 103 passer rating. Those who watched the game would lnow we dominated but numbers like that make it seems as though Jake had a good day aginst us as opposed to a few lucky plays thrown in.

We're 9th in total defense and 4th in points allowed. We're 3rd in the league against the run allowing 69 yards per game.

Our defensive numbers are damn good.

Shaft75
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Who cares what this mjd guy has to say?

He doesn't at all sound like he wants the Texans to win a game. But he is cautiously climbing on the bandwagon with an easy exit strategy.

Screw that guy!:pirate: