PDA

View Full Version : NFLN update on Andre Johnson

Cjeremy635
09-18-2007, 07:16 PM
NFL Total Access is getting ready to "go around the league" and give an update on injured players. They are on commercial right now, but I will update this thread when they give the news. Hopefully it's something we haven't heard yet (good news).:mail:

Double Barrel
09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I've got a feeling that even if he plays, Kubiak is going to keep the news close to his chest. He's not going to tip his hand against the Colts.

nero THE zero
09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I've got a feeling that even if he plays, Kubiak is going to keep the news close to his chest. He's not going to tip his hand against the Colts.

Yea, Kubiak was being purposefully vague in his presser. He won't give any more info than he has to, any sooner than he has to.

Let's be thankful that the injury hasn't been pronounced as season ended and hope for him back as soon as possible.

Errant Hothy
09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
At the absolute most Gary will say that AJ is a game time desicion, but I doubt they risk him this week.

Thorn
09-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Besides Schaub, AJ is our most potent weapon on offense. Frankly, I'd just as soon he sit this one out rather than risking further injury. Yes, it's the Colts, but it's only one game out of 16.

Besides, I want to see Schaub perform without AJ. The reason I say that is because if he's the real deal, and I think he is, we'll still put up an impressive performance. If we can beat the Colts without AJ, there pretty much isn't anyone in our way after that.

Pantherstang84
09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Besides Schaub, AJ is our most potent weapon on offense. Frankly, I'd just as soon he sit this one out rather than risking further injury. Yes, it's the Colts, but it's only one game out of 16.

Besides, I want to see Schaub perform without AJ. The reason I say that is because if he's the real deal, and I think he is, we'll still put up an impressive performance. If we can beat the Colts without AJ, there pretty much isn't anyone in our way after that.

As long as Mathis, Davis,et al can hold on to the ball, we'll be fine. Schaub can spread it around.

Schaub/AJ connection has been so good because of the ability to spread it around. Teams realize that stopping AJ is no longer enough. They have to respect the other wide receivers.

Cjeremy635
09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, that was for nothing! He pretty much stated what we already knew, that Andre most likely will be out for the Colts game. Schefter did say, which I thought was a great compliment for AJ, that with all do respect to the rest of the receivers in the league, Andre has been the top receiver so far this season. He also said that Jacoby needs to step up really big like he did this preseason to take up the slack since Andre will be out. Pretty much stuff we already knew. Sorry for the wasted thread guys/gals.

Allstar
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, that was for nothing! He pretty much stated what we already knew, that Andre most likely will be out for the Colts game. Schefter did say, which I thought was a great compliment for AJ, that with all do respect to the rest of the receivers in the league, Andre has been the top receiver so far this season. He also said that Jacoby needs to step up really big like he did this preseason to take up the slack since Andre will be out. Pretty much stuff we already knew. Sorry for the wasted thread guys/gals.

It's good to hear that people still know who Jacoby is. John Clayton suggested picking him up on a fantasy focus segment.

nero THE zero
09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
It's good to hear that people still know who Jacoby is. John Clayton suggested picking him up on a fantasy focus segment.

I think it depends on how long AJ is out. I think our gameplan against the Colts will be clock control. So I would expect a lot more intermediate routes which means a heavy dose of Daniels, Putzier, and Walter. I think we'll use Davis and Jones to keep them honest but I think we are best served to use our big possession type recievers in this game.

AnthonyE
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm glad it's not serious, although I wouldn't mind seeing him come sunday.

We have a realistic chance at beating the Colts with or without him, but with him ensures our chances even greater, needless to say.

Htownsportsfan
09-18-2007, 07:54 PM

I could not agree more, as great as it was to beat the Colts on Christmas eve, and I would love to again, this team really looks like it is going to have a special season. I would not want to risk AJ being out in games we should be able to win later in the season, but could be riskier without AJ!

Twitch-Houston
09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I think it depends on how long AJ is out. I think our gameplan against the Colts will be clock control. So I would expect a lot more intermediate routes which means a heavy dose of Daniels, Putzier, and Walter. I think we'll use Davis and Jones to keep them honest but I think we are best served to use our big possession type recievers in this game.

Maybe we can bring back Armstrong just to fill in. I know it won't happen and I know he's not big time like AJ, but I always liked that guy and was sad to see him go.

For you newbies, he was a receiver we had that always seemed to make the clutch play.

Wonder where that guy is. I'll have to google it.

Cjeremy635
09-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe we can bring back Armstrong just to fill in. I know it won't happen and I know he's not big time like AJ, but I always liked that guy and was sad to see him go.

For you newbies, he was a receiver we had that always seemed to make the clutch play.

Wonder where that guy is. I'll have to google it.

I don't think he's playing anymore. I haven't heard his name since he left here. It would have been nice if he went somewhere and regrouped his game skills like Gaffney.

Twitch-Houston
09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't think he's playing anymore. I haven't heard his name since he left here. It would have been nice if he went somewhere and regrouped his game skills like Gaffney.

Found him in the CFL

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=958

AnthonyE
09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh man! I remember him.

He had some good hands on him, and some of the TD catches he made were pretty nice.

sakebomb
09-18-2007, 10:28 PM
I hope they would sit him out. It's a huge game but it's only week three. I would rather have AJ weeks 4-16 rather than risk further injury.

TexanSam
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Special teams is going to be an even more crucial part to this game I think. If Mathis and Jacoby can give us good field position to start drives, it'll make it easier on our receivers I think. I wish Jacoby actually got to field punts. Most punters seemed to learn their lesson in the pre-season to kick it away from him.

Wolf
09-18-2007, 11:08 PM
HOUSTON (AP) - Here are some notes from the Houston Texans,
who'll host Indianapolis on Sunday:
-- Rookie cornerback Fred Bennett has a hamstring injury and is
listed as day-to-day.
-- Tight end Mark Bruener is recovering from the flu.
-- Team officials say defensive end Earl Cochran has a minor
abdominal strain, but should be OK.
-- Coach Gary Kubiak says Ron Dayne is "banged up" but should
also be fine.

http://www.kwtx.com/sports/headlines/9860096.html

The Pencil Neck
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.kwtx.com/sports/headlines/9860096.html

That looks like yesterday's press conference.