PDA

View Full Version : John Fox on NFLN last night

eriadoc
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Did anyone else catch the segment where John Fox commented on the game? He said we executed better than they did for 60 minutes. What got me to smiling was when he said that the Panthers weren't that bad on run defense after he went back and looked at the tape - we just executed better. So, a.) He didn't try and make excuses - props to him, and b.) we won in the running game with our game plan, not because of mistakes on their part.

I've been looking for a video clip or article to get the exact quote, but no luck so far.

b0ng
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I still thought Jake Delhomme downplayed our talent at his press conference. I watched it on tv, but it seemed like he said that there was no pressure on defense whatsoever.

TexansLucky13
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I still thought Jake Delhomme downplayed our talent at his press conference. I watched it on tv, but it seemed like he said that there was no pressure on defense whatsoever.

Jake needs to take some speech lessons.

Leahmic223
09-18-2007, 02:33 PM
First it was LJ, now its Jake.

I hope we add another player to the list of whiners on Sunday.:texflag:

DBCooper
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
First it was LJ, now its Jake.

I hope we add another player to the list of whiners on Sunday.:texflag:

Right, someone named Peyton.

Malloy
09-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Those sacks hurt him so bad he forgot about them ?

gjmac2
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Right, someone named Peyton.

Peyton is not a whinner, he's got to much class. You will never hear him put down an oppossing team, not even the Patriots. If he did not play in our division, I woud actually root for the guy.

Twitch-Houston
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM

Yea he wasn't giving us much credit, but I also got the feeling he wanted to call some of his own people out but was fighting it. Especially when asked about Steve Smith's play when he broke all the tackles. He basically said he wished some of the other guys played with as much passion as Steve.:tomato:

ccdude730
09-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Peyton is not a whinner, he's got to much class. You will never hear him put down an oppossing team, not even the Patriots. If he did not play in our division, I woud actually root for the guy.

except when he throws his oline under the bus when they "have protection problems"

Specnatz
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
except when he throws his oline under the bus when they "have protection problems"

you beat me to it.

Vinny
09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
accountability is a beach....leaders are going to piss a few guys off. Strong people have to tell the others how it is sometimes....Sometimes you just gotta to tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. I'd rather have that than everyone pretending nothing is wrong like we did here for half a decade.

Noblesse Oblige
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
accountability is a beach....leaders are going to piss a few guys off. Strong people have to tell the others how it is sometimes....Sometimes you just gotta to tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. I'd rather have that than everyone pretending nothing is wrong like we did here for half a decade.

I remember it being a big deal that he called them out at the time. There was a question of how they'd block for him after that.

The next season they won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes a leader can't say the popular things.

Pantherstang84
09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I remember it being a big deal that he called them out at the time. There was a question of how they'd block for him after that.

The next season they won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes a leader can't say the popular things.

Well here's hoping the "protection problems" return this Sunday.:d:

Htownsportsfan
09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Not to defend Delhomme but he is a good ole Boy from the swamps of Louisiana. I though he was pointing out the Texans did not do anyting special and did not bring extra pressure from Safties etc to stop the Panthers. I could have misunderstood but he seemed perplexed in the press conference as to how our front four took control and stopped both the run and pass. I think Jake was buying into all the hype they heard after week one about having a stout o-line and was surprised how our young guys whipped their tails!

The Pencil Neck
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Just to agree with HTownSportsFan, I think Jake was saying that we weren't blitzing.

Because...

Well...

We were getting pressure without "bringing" pressure.

:whip:

thunderkyss
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM

I agree with the other posters. Peyton was being nice when he said that, not throwing his teammates under the bus. Those guys sucked when they played Pittsburgh that day(I think it was Pitts, might have been Denver).

He wanted to say, "Well if those fat b@$%rds would hold a block for half a go@#%mn second, we wouldn't have lost that F@$#% game now would we??"

But he didn't. He said they had protection issues.

I hate that he's in our division, but it's hard to hate a player like Peyton. He's one of the greatest of all times, and we should enjoy being able to watch him play.

Now I do hope that we'll whup his Arse twice a year, and I enjoyed watching him pout of the field last December.

:texflag:

hollywood_texan
09-18-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree with the other posters. Peyton was being nice when he said that, not throwing his teammates under the bus. Those guys sucked when they played Pittsburgh that day(I think it was Pitts, might have been Denver).

He wanted to say, "Well if those fat b@$%rds would hold a block for half a go@#%mn second, we wouldn't have lost that F@$#% game now would we??"

But he didn't. He said they had protection issues.

I hate that he's in our division, but it's hard to hate a player like Peyton. He's one of the greatest of all times, and we should enjoy being able to watch him play.

Now I do hope that we'll whup his Arse twice a year, and I enjoyed watching him pout of the field last December.

:texflag:

Manning had trouble that day because of poor gameplanning by the Colts and an execellent defensive scheme peformed with perfection by the Steelers.

The offensive line can only play the play they are told. If they are bad plays, they can't turn vinegar into wine.

thunderkyss
09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Manning had trouble that day because of poor gameplanning by the Colts and an execellent defensive scheme peformed with perfection by the Steelers.

The offensive line can only play the play they are told. If they are bad plays, they can't turn vinegar into wine.

What was I thinking?? Silly of me to expect an Offense to make line calls, and pick up a blitz.