PDA

View Full Version : Tank Johnson a Cowboy?

HoustonFrog
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025073

"I'm here to work some things out. I'm looking here for a fresh start," Johnson said when reached in his room at the hotel where the Cowboys stay before home games.

bah007
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Nothin wrong with givin a guy a second chance.

If he messes this up tho, he should be done.

Dread-Head
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025073

I hate the Cowboys...and now Tank is low on my list as well.

HoustonFrog
09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I actually think it is a great move. You give him off the field restrictions that void parts of the deal. If it works you have a stud at NT and if it doesn't you probably lose him for nothing and have an out.

Errant Hothy
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=732721&postcount=23

Kind of old news up hear. Probably be signed to a multi-year deal this afternoon.

Dread-Head
09-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I actually think it is a great move. You give him off the field restrictions that void parts of the deal. If it works you have a stud at NT and if it doesn't you probably lose him for nothing and have an out.

I respectED him as a player, but my hatred for the Dallas Cowboy organization runs so deep that I don't like it when ANY talented player finds his way onto their roster. In so far as I'm concerned whenever any player puts a star on his head...he's dead to me.:gun: Aaron Glen is dead to me and Wade Phillips is persona non grata ...inspite of his father.

HoustonFrog
09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=732721&postcount=23

Kind of old news up hear. Probably be signed to a multi-year deal this afternoon.

My bad, I hadn't seen it.

Errant Hothy
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
My bad, I hadn't seen it.

No worries the original thread is buried, and the news today is much more solid unlike earlier when it was pure specualtion.

Errant Hothy
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
per www.kffl.com/hotw/
Cowboys | Team trying to sign T. Johnson by Tuesday afternoon
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:35:10 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys are trying to sign unrestricted free-agent DT Tank Johnson (Bears) and get him on the roster by 3 PM Tuesday, Sept. 18, according to a source. If they do not sign him Tuesday, they would have to wait until next week, the source said. The one hold up is Johnson taking a physical. The Cowboys already have the contract terms in place. The contract would likely be a two-year deal with Johnson getting a prorated portion of the league minimum of $510,000 in 2007, which is $255,000 for eight games. Johnson would get the league minimum the second season with some performance-based incentives. There would be no signing bonus involved in the deal.

Radio is reporting it as a done deal.

chicagotexan2
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Nothin wrong with givin a guy a second chance.

If he messes this up tho, he should be done.

Second chance? Didn't this chump get thrown in the pokey for violating parole? That was his second chance. Too bad he can't play for the U. of Texas.

bah007
09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Second chance? Didn't this chump get thrown in the pokey for violating parole? That was his second chance. Too bad he can't play for the U. of Texas.

I meant his second chance in the NFL.

He's already had a few chances in the real world, but he is not the only NFL player that ever has.

TexanRevolution
09-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Any chance Jerry will sign OJ too?

The Pencil Neck
09-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Any chance Jerry will sign OJ too?

On the radio here, they were saying "Hey, let's sign OJ as a guard."

StarStruck
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
On the radio here, they were saying "Hey, let's sign OJ as a guard."

Cheap shot! True, Tank has a lot of baggage, but using O.J. as a comparison is a stretch by any sense of the imagine.

Heath Shuler
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Right before they play Chicago; nice timing.

StarStruck
09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Right before they play Chicago; nice timing.

He has an eight game suspension, so he won't be playing until around Thanksgiving.

The Pencil Neck
09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
He has an eight game suspension, so he won't be playing until around Thanksgiving.

They were saying November 11th on the radio up here. He can't come in the week earlier because the bye week counts. They were afraid that his suspension wasn't going to start until he signed but the suspension includes the past 2 weeks even though he wasn't signed.

This is ALL they are talking about up here.

StarStruck
09-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I just saw on the NFL channel that suspension will be up on November 3.

GuerillaBlack
09-19-2007, 06:14 AM
They were saying November 11th on the radio up here. He can't come in the week earlier because the bye week counts. They were afraid that his suspension wasn't going to start until he signed but the suspension includes the past 2 weeks even though he wasn't signed.

This is ALL they are talking about up here.

And it is annoying.

Blake
09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Just goes to show you that no matter how much you ****** up. Someone will give you millions to play football...

The things owners will do to win.

badboy
09-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I respectED him as a player, but my hatred for the Dallas Cowboy organization runs so deep that I don't like it when ANY talented player finds his way onto their roster. In so far as I'm concerned whenever any player puts a star on his head...he's dead to me.:gun: Aaron Glen is dead to me and Wade Phillips is persona non grata ...inspite of his father.
Cowboys stole your bubble gum huh?

badboy
09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Just goes to show you that no matter how much you ****** up. Someone will give you millions to play football...

The things owners will do to win.At least he was not caught answering questions at a beauty pagent.