PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels

bd0493
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
How good is this guy? Will he become a big factor in the offense without Johnson in there or is he a somewhat inconsistent player?

I ask not as a Texans fan (sorry), but as a fantasy player trying to ask those who truly know. I've always thought of him as a very good sleeper and am considering playing him against Indy this weekend.

texasguy346
09-18-2007, 12:07 PM
It would probably be a good idea to play him against Indy. There's a legitimate chance that AJ won't be able to play so Schaub will have to depend on Daniels & Walters to keep the chains moving. We've got some young talent at WR in Jacoby Jones & Mathis, but I'm betting we'll be relying heavily on Daniels & maybe even Putzier to exploit the deep middle of Indy's Cover 2.

b0ng
09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
He had a great first half of the season last year, but he injured his shoulder and never really came back full steam. He's looking good this year (Except for that fumble Sunday), with pretty reliable hands. He doesn't seem to have the ability to break lots of tackles so he helps us move the chains better than he's been scoring for us this year.

barberman
09-18-2007, 02:10 PM
OD will be a good TE for along time with the Texans. I don`t know if he`ll be as good as Gonzales or Gates, but he is definately better than average.

TexansLucky13
09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
The last time he played Indy, he matched up pretty well. He got a TD (I don't remember if it was in garbage time or not, though). Either way, the Indy D will be giving up some big yardage to him.

I am going to play him over Todd Heap.

Vinnie
09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Owen Daniels is the real deal and he works well with Schaub. Aside from the fumble last Sunday, he was nails and I expect he'll be a big factor in the Indy game. Shoot he even made Carr look good a few times last season, now that takes some special talent!

bd0493
09-18-2007, 03:40 PM
This is good to hear. Unfortunately I rarely get a chance to see the Texans here at Syracuse, so I can't say anything for a player like Daniels. However, as Niners fan, I've always liked the Texans probably more than any team other than the Niners, and have always had a knack for getting fantasy players on their team whether its been Andre Johnson for the last few years, Domanick Davis, and even David Carr when it appeared he might break out. This year it's Ahman and Owen. I have honestly never sen anything more than highlights so I wasn't sure if Owen was just your typical TE who is only really a factor in the check down and red zone passing game; I didn't know that he was a true pass catcher.

Glad to see Okoye is doing well, also: he was a favorite of mine and I had hopes he might be drafted by my Niners, though now that Patrick Willis looks to be this years' DeMeco Ryans I have no regrets and am simply happy to see Okoye succeeding.

Thanks for your hospitality and help, Texans fans, and good luck this week against the Colts; Kubiak seems to be doing a great job with you guys so maybe he has some tricks up his sleave against the Colts. My Niners will do their best to knock off a potential wild card competition for you guys in the Steelers, but I'm afraid we both face uphill battles this weekend.

The Pencil Neck
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I have honestly never sen anything more than highlights so I wasn't sure if Owen was just your typical TE who is only really a factor in the check down and red zone passing game; I didn't know that he was a true pass catcher.

Last year, as a rookie, Owen Daniels had 5 TD's. The problem was that he got those 5 TD's in the first 6-7 games. Then he hurt his shoulder, missed a few games, and when he came back, he wasn't a target for Carr. There were times he was wide open and totally ignored.

He's a good blocker and he's a great receiver. He used to be a QB. He's very smart but he's also a tough guy.

Against a cover-2 type of defense, he could have a huge day.

HOU-TEX
09-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Re: Owen Daniels is an Absolute Badass.

There, I fixed the title for ya. :whip:

badboy
09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
This is good to hear. Unfortunately I rarely get a chance to see the Texans here at Syracuse, so I can't say anything for a player like Daniels. However, as Niners fan, I've always liked the Texans probably more than any team other than the Niners, and have always had a knack for getting fantasy players on their team whether its been Andre Johnson for the last few years, Domanick Davis, and even David Carr when it appeared he might break out. This year it's Ahman and Owen. I have honestly never sen anything more than highlights so I wasn't sure if Owen was just your typical TE who is only really a factor in the check down and red zone passing game; I didn't know that he was a true pass catcher.

Glad to see Okoye is doing well, also: he was a favorite of mine and I had hopes he might be drafted by my Niners, though now that Patrick Willis looks to be this years' DeMeco Ryans I have no regrets and am simply happy to see Okoye succeeding.

Thanks for your hospitality and help, Texans fans, and good luck this week against the Colts; Kubiak seems to be doing a great job with you guys so maybe he has some tricks up his sleave against the Colts. My Niners will do their best to knock off a potential wild card competition for you guys in the Steelers, but I'm afraid we both face uphill battles this weekend.

First off, welcome to the MB. Glad to have you and another perspective. Checkout the other sections as this MB gets a lot going also on non sports areas. I think TE will play a big role Sunday regardless of whom is is the hole. I do not think we will have the same success with the full back but should get a few yards, especially with an occasional boot leg. I think end arounds by Mathis, Jacoby & maybe another WR will be a factor as well as a trick play or two. This will be a face mask to face mask game until someone blinks. Look for special teams to play a strong role.