PDA

View Full Version : coaches

utahmark
09-17-2007, 12:48 AM
man i saw some horrible coach's today. watching the chiefs game reminded me of capers. just try not to lose.

who decided to fire a coach with a 14 and 2 record and hire norv turner? i know there were some questionable play calling in sd loss in the playoffs but 14 and 2 and you want to start all over.

some of the worst coached teams. cleveland, kc, sd

some of the best coached teams tenn, patts, hou. yea i said it, kubes is one of the best coaches in the league.

Second Honeymoon
09-17-2007, 08:48 AM
man i saw some horrible coach's today. watching the chiefs game reminded me of capers. just try not to lose.

who decided to fire a coach with a 14 and 2 record and hire norv turner? i know there were some questionable play calling in sd loss in the playoffs but 14 and 2 and you want to start all over.

some of the best coached teams tenn, patts, hou. yea i said it, kubes is one of the best coaches in the league.

yup. why you would fire a coach after going 14-2 is just beyond me. Marty has never had any real success in the playoffs but I think he deserved better.

So instead of having their coaching staff intact, they lose both their coordinators then fire their head coach. AJ Smith blew it this offseason by not swallowing his pride and learning to work with Marty or at least making a move early enough so that they could have kept their coordinators and promoted one to head coach.

Kubes has done a whale of a job this offseason by changing the whole culture on this squad. I give a lot of credit to Schaub for this but at the end of the day Kubes was responsible for admitting he was wrong about Carr and pulling the trigger along with RS.

as for Cleveland, I actually give Romeo a lot of credit for turning things around this weekend against the Bengals and getting a hard earned divisional/rival win. Romeo is not the problem in Clevelands. It's about his QB play. They have talent, they just need a decent QB. Sound familiar?

kastofsna
09-17-2007, 10:06 AM
miami had one of the worst coaching performances seen in a while yesterday. Cameron is new, so i'll give him a break, but sheesh

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I think Mike Tomlin has the Steelers playing on fire so far as well.

lets not forget to mention Payton as one of the worst coaches of the day yesterday. Forcing carries to reggie bust is going to destroy this team

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Shannon Sharpe has already said it - Kubiak for CotY.

utahmark
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
i might of been a little hard on romeo but listening to his press conferences he seems clueless. i havent watched the browns enough to know for sure.

as for mike tomlin i forgot about him. i do think he could be a great coach for a while.

i dont know about payton he did a good job last year and when you watch the games last year he seemed to make good decisions.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
i dont know about payton he did a good job last year and when you watch the games last year he seemed to make good decisions.

Personally, I was a bit weirded out with all the Payton = Genius talk. I guess I formed my opinion on Payton when he was the OC with the Giants and their offense got markedly better when Fassel took the playcalling away from Payton. Then he goes to Dallas, where he's supposed to be a genius and... I didn't see that they were a great offense until he left. Then he goes to NO and... they look great. So I figured I just had to revise my estimation.

Now... maybe I was right to begin with.

kastofsna
09-17-2007, 03:35 PM
the saints had a bunch of new personnel and did a few things that teams weren't used to, and they took advantage of a weak division and conference.