PDA

View Full Version : SC, are you serious?!?!?!

ensign_lee
09-17-2007, 01:04 AM
For SC's "Pump up the volume" section, they showed not one, but TWO clips of Panthers TDs.

But....WE WON THE GAME. AND NOT ONLY DID WE WIN THE GAME, BUT WE DESTROYED THE PANTHERS!!!

The second clip was that rindonkulous third TD that was essentially meaningless.

WTH?!?!?! :goodnight

Bah; humbug. We play one of the most complete games this week of all the NFL teams, and THAT happens? pffft.

The better to throw in their faces later, I guess... :specnatz:

TexanRevolution
09-17-2007, 01:14 AM
You mean they finally mentioned the Texans...I waited through almost an hour of Pats talk (including presser snips), then the obligatory Bo Sox v. Yankees crap before getting frustrated & flipping on NFLN.

Freaking incredible! I was prayin I'd hear "Rock & Roll, Touchdown Texans!"...no justice at all!

Leahmic223
09-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Yup I said the same thing.

I said these exact words. "Okay you can show those plays but who won the game?"

That is why Andre did the shush with his fingers. You know why our guys are doing that? There's a reason for Mario to do it...but Andre...

I think the reason is ... "Shhh don't tell anyone we are this good."

I'd rather have it that way...if we beat the Colts...give me all the Kool-Aid you want because I'm saying Championship if that happens.

Twitch-Houston
09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
For SC's "Pump up the volume" section, they showed not one, but TWO clips of Panthers TDs.

But....WE WON THE GAME. AND NOT ONLY DID WE WIN THE GAME, BUT WE DESTROYED THE PANTHERS!!!

The second clip was that rindonkulous third TD that was essentially meaningless.

WTH?!?!?! :goodnight

Bah; humbug. We play one of the most complete games this week of all the NFL teams, and THAT happens? pffft.

The better to throw in their faces later, I guess... :specnatz:

Yea when Steve Smith broke all those tackles I was livid simply because I knew the media would focus on that and not how much the Texans dominated. As my dad would say, "that chaps my butt"

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey we dominated that game, we shut them down, we blew them out.

But that Steve Smith play was ridiculous. I counted 6 Texans tackles that he broke. If we had lost the game and had a play like that, i would have expected a highlight.

We got the "w" give them the ESPN time. Who cares, Footballs back in Houston and thats the only place that matters :)

TexansSeminole
09-17-2007, 10:39 AM
That is why Andre did the shush with his fingers. You know why our guys are doing that? There's a reason for Mario to do it...but Andre...

I think the reason is ... "Shhh don't tell anyone we are this good."

I'd rather have it that way...if we beat the Colts...give me all the Kool-Aid you want because I'm saying Championship if that happens.

I think Andre was saying something along the lines of "You thought you were going to win, but you need to sit down, shut up, and watch what we are about to do." And that means score 34 unanswered points.

Yankee_In_TX
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
We predicted this yesterday. 17 second of SC air time. 5 dedicated to Carr, 10 to the Panthers, 2 to mention Houston won.

(will watch after class, soccer was on this morning, grr!)

bigbrewster2000
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I turned on SC this morning (before Women's soccer came on. ugh!) and that is what I saw, Pumin it up with Steve Smith. Then my very next thought was "I woner how many threads will be talking about that this morning". Oh well. I just watch NFLN now, they actually have real highlights and analysis for everyone. In the end the only thing that matters to me is that we won not that we got "dissed again" by an east coast sporting program.

Yankee_In_TX
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I turned on SC this morning (before Women's soccer came on. ugh!) and that is what I saw, Pumin it up with Steve Smith. Then my very next thought was "I woner how many threads will be talking about that this morning". Oh well. I just watch NFLN now, they actually have real highlights and analysis for everyone. In the end the only thing that matters to me is that we won not that we got "dissed again" by an east coast sporting program.

Doooooooooood, how early do you get up?

BigBull17
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I dont even want the talking heads to nmention us, unless its Michael SMith. He can talk all he wants.

bigbrewster2000
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Doooooooooood, how early do you get up?

6am, gotta get my jog on before I go to the office, especially after an entire day of Pizza and Beer. :)

mridge01
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Actually on Chris Berman's show he gave the Texans some pretty big props. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes. I was impressed... I guess. But then again, who cares. I kind of like the Texans staying unnoticed for a while.

Leahmic223
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Actually on Chris Berman's show he gave the Texans some pretty big props. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes. I was impressed... I guess. But then again, who cares. I kind of like the Texans staying unnoticed for a while.

Berman and Jackson seem pretty fair and hold little bias unlike the other media guys.

Actually the fact that they highlighted our game is big because they(Berman and Jackson) only do like half of them while the SC guys do the others.

Berman and Jackson seem like they are just fair IMO. Jackson gave Mario his game ball of the week last week, and Berman gave them props this week.

Our game against the Colts will be highlighted, and from there the whole AFC South will be highlighted. If we beat the Colts, we will be taken seriously that is for sure.

Double Barrel
09-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I hope they keep showing that last Steve Smith TD run. Our defense played great, but that one should remind them that they still have to finish the game. It's not over until 0:00.

Grams
09-17-2007, 01:11 PM
My son was watching ESPN this morning and had to call me with the news that they actually used the Texans and the "P" word in the same sentence.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2007, 01:31 PM
ESPN News Hot List was just loving all over the Texans. Eric Allen and Ismail were all about this is a new team and Kubiak has instilled a winning attitude and that this team is real.

On ESPN First Take (1st and 10), Skip Bayless didn't want to say we were contenders... but he had to. The other guy ( I forget who they had in today) was automatically, "Contenders."

Marcus
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't worry, guys. Eyebrows are being raised. I even heard John Madden on Sunday Night Football comment that he had watched one of our preseason games, and said we had a good football team.

We beat Indy this week, the cat will come flying out of the bag.

thunderkyss
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
hate to say it...

But that last Steve Smith touchdown was worthy of a highlight clip.

As long as they didn't put it in as the game changer or anything.

Well, it was a game changing play, If it weren't for that score, you'd have thought we were out there by ourselves.

tulexan
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
To be honest, both of Steve Smith's touchdowns deserved to be highlighted. They were amazing. Who cares what Sportscenter says? We won and coverage or lack of coverage isn't going to change that.

TexansSeminole
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
hate to say it...

But that last Steve Smith touchdown was worthy of a highlight clip.

Oh yeah, he was looking like Barry Sanders out there with that run.

To be honest, both of Steve Smith's touchdowns deserved to be highlighted. They were amazing. Who cares what Sportscenter says? We won and coverage or lack of coverage isn't going to change that.

He scored 3 touchdowns by the way. :cool:

Steve Smith is a top 3 receiver in this league, you have to expect him to score. Good thing was that he was the only player to score for the Panthers besides their kicker kicking 3 extra points.