PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson sprains Knee, listed as DTD

alphajoker
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Has anyone heard the status of our Pro Bowler? I hope he's ok man...this team needs him.

Umm...I mean Johnson.

prostock101
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I also noticed Green limping slightly and he never came back in the game. Was he dinged up or just saving him for next week?

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Saving him. Just being caustious.

Marcus
09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
610 said his knee was heavily bandaged and iced down.

I don't have a good feeling about it . . . at all.

I hope I'm wrong.

alphajoker
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
610 said his knee was heavily bandaged and iced down.

I don't have a good feeling about it . . . at all.

I hope I'm wrong.

Me too.

JDizzle
AJ was walking with a slight limp on the sidelines after he got hurt ... looks like a bruise to me, or at worst a sprain.

TexanDave
I hope a few days off will help him. We have no chance against Indy next week without him.

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
AJ was walking with a slight limp on the sidelines after he got hurt ... looks like a bruise to me, or at worst a sprain.

Hoping its just a bruise.

TheIronDuke
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I hope a few days off will help him. We have no chance against Indy next week without him.

I hope he's okay but at least we have JJ who hasn't been used yet.

Marcus
09-16-2007, 04:37 PM
A bruised knee is a bruised knee. Even if the MRI comes back negative, I think he's questionable at best for the Colts game.

Just trying to be realistic.

prostock101
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Both Green and AJ were both on the sideline until the end of the game. If their injuries were serious, you would assume they'd have been taken immediately to the locker room. At least I hope that's the case.

texansdrummer
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
610 just said it was "not serious". Hope so.....

TheDrifter
09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Honestly, I'd be okay if he had to miss Indy.

Its every game after that that scares me...

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
610 just said it was "not serious". Hope so.....

Thank God! I am going to listen to them online now.

Marcus
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
"Not serious" means . . . . . ??

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
He may play this week.

Hooston Texan
09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't think we can make any predictions until there is an MRI. Hold your breath until then.

JDizzle
09-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Both Green and AJ were both on the sideline until the end of the game. If their injuries were serious, you would assume they'd have been taken immediately to the locker room. At least I hope that's the case.

If it were a close game then you probably would have seen them in the game. In this case, where we're up by 3 scores, it's best to err on the side of caution with your best offensive players, especially this early in the season.

Marcus
09-16-2007, 05:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkXTmwAejF5I7XBatQlKVSc5nYcB?slug=ap-texans-johnsoninjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sprained knee.

fritz145
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
hello all. I cover the Texans for the Houston Press and am new to this forum. Just spoke to one of the Texans and he says the preliminary diagnosis on AJ is it's a sprained PCL. No word yet on his availability for next week, but that Andre was in good spirits in the locker room.

JohnsonFan
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
i hope green is ok

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Hopefully it heels up. Glad it is nothing serious.

PapaL
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
If it were a close game then you probably would have seen them in the game. In this case, where we're up by 3 scores, it's best to err on the side of caution with your best offensive players, especially this early in the season.

Isn't that a beautiful thing to be able to do? Sit your stars when the game is a blow out.

gtexan02
09-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Just in from the press. This really, really freaks me out. They are listing him as DTD until they can get a better look at him in Houston.

If he's out for any time, we are in trouble. He has come ALIVE this year. If he manages to keep us this pace, he's in for a 1300 10+ Td year. Lets all keep thinking good things about him!

What a horrible time to get injured :( I just don't see how he could have hurt his knees from getting basically punched in the face

RDillon
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
That suks I hope our dreams are not dashed due to injuries.

fritz145
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
I mentioned this on another thread, but I think it bears repeating:

I cover the Texans for the Houston Press and am new to this forum. Just spoke to one of the Texans and he says the preliminary diagnosis on AJ is it's a sprained PCL and they'll re-examine him when they return to Houston. No word yet on his availability for next week, but Andre was in good spirits in the locker room.

Leahmic223
Well it could have been much worse with how that hit looked. Just corss your fingers, I think he may be alright though.

HotRodsHair
I just don't see how he could have hurt his knees from getting basically punched in the face

It looked to me like his legs buckled when he got hit. You can imagine that a hit like that can make you relax your legs and they can get twisted up.

I think he'll be back and ready to go next week. It was good to see him up and walking around on the sideline, so it may not be too terribly serious. He'll be sore for a few weeks.

gtexan02
Sorry, forgot the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-texans-johnsoninjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

alphajoker
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Just in from the press. This really, really freaks me out. They are listing him as DTD until they can get a better look at him in Houston.

If he's out for any time, we are in trouble. He has come ALIVE this year. If he manages to keep us this pace, he's in for a 1300 10+ Td year. Lets all keep thinking good things about him!

What a horrible time to get injured :( I just don't see how he could have hurt his knees from getting basically punched in the face

I think that he got hit so hard that when he fell back, his left knee kind of stayed planted and he twisted it. At least that's what it looked like. I hope it's only a mild sprain and he can recover ASAP! We need him.

Buffi2
09-16-2007, 06:34 PM
You can get that kind of injury from falling on your bent knee on a hard surface. It depends upon how severe his injury is - could be a long rehab....or not.

If the poster in the other thread was correct and it is a sprained PCL - that is a tear of the ligament - be it microscopic tears - the best of a bad thing to a complete tear - the worst. I guess we will have to wait for the MRI to see how bad it is.

I'm hoping for the best for sure. Losing AJ would be catastrophic.

The Pencil Neck
09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
hello all. I cover the Texans for the Houston Press and am new to this forum. Just spoke to one of the Texans and he says the preliminary diagnosis on AJ is it's a sprained PCL. No word yet on his availability for next week, but that Andre was in good spirits in the locker room.

Thanks, man. And welcome to the board.

Leahmic223
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I will cross my fingers on the official word.

I mean even if he's walking on it it still could be bad. Oden(greg) was playing on that bad knee, don't know when injured it, and had to have that surgery that put him out for the rest of the NBA season and maybe for a while for the 08-09 season...

I am not a doctor, so I don't know what Sprained PCL...is that bad or good or what?

Marcus
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I am not a doctor, so I don't know what Sprained PCL...is that bad or good or what?

PCL is Posterior Cruciate Ligament. They call it a sprain until the MRI is done. If the MRI shows that the PCL is torn, he's out for the season.

Pray that is not what it is. Even if it's just a sprain, I'll be very surprised if he plays the Indy game.

fritz145
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
If you'd like more info on a PCL sprain, check out this link:

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/25965.html

Don't worry about this being similar to the Greg Oden injury, though. Oden had cartilage damage which ultimately required microfracture surgery. Assuming AJ's PCL is not torn (and I think that's a safe assumption at this point), he'll only miss 1 or 2 games at worst.

gtexan02
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
sprain does not mean it has to be a tear. A sprain can just mean that it got stretched, or bruised, or anything

Nawzer
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Will be keeping my fingers crossed. I would hate it if we loose AJ for any extended period of time.

Yankee_In_TX
09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Corss your fingers @ him and Ahman, we'll find out this week.

The Pencil Neck
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Also...

It's odd to see the PCL injured in the NFL although it does happen from time to time. I believe this means that the leg was bent so that the outside of the knee was stretched unnaturally. Normally, you'll see the ACL injured (which usually looks like a hyperextension) or the MCL (when the lower leg is pulled so that the inside of the knee is stretched.)

When they were looking at him on the sideline, they were doing some tests that you frequently see them doing to check the ACL and I mistakenly told Hoth-boy that it was possibly an ACL problem. My bad.

If Fritz is right, then he'll be back before too long.

Leahmic223
09-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Alright i'll keep my fingers crossed.

TexanSam
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Ugh. Not knowing how bad the injury is takes a little bit of the excitement out of the win.

Leahmic223
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Ugh. Not knowing how bad the injury is takes a little bit of the excitement out of the win.

yeah it does. I really don't mind if he misses the Colts game though, but if its not too serious he may not want to sit out. Its like you've waited 5 years to play on a good team...and you get hurt...

gtexan02
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
AJ is a huge reason for our success. He has been flat out unstoppable so far. I do NOT want him to even miss next weeks game. I seriously think we have a GREAT chance to beat the Colts at home

Marcus
09-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey if AJ has to sit out the Indy game, I'm not going to freak out about it. The other receivers will have to step up, and with the way that Brady can spread the ball around to different receivers, I'm feeling good that they can still get it done.

hot pickle
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
i think he'll be ok for the colts game.. i just have a good feeling about it... at the end of the game he didnt seem like he was in that much pain anymore.. so im prayin that he'll be ok

Leahmic223
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey if AJ has to sit out the Indy game, I'm not going to freak out about it. The other receivers will have to step up, and with the way that Brady can spread the ball around to different receivers, I'm feeling good that they can still get it done.

Brady?

Well Schaub I guess, the thing about the Colts, you don't need elite WRs to beat them, the Titans got close today and look how they did against them. I think we can actually beat them...but AJ is a HR receiver because he can catch a lot of balls and he has speed to get the YAC...so does Jacoby I think we'll see a lot more of him next sunday.

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Brady?

Well Schaub I guess, the thing about the Colts, you don't need elite WRs to beat them, the Titans got close today and look how they did against them. I think we can actually beat them...but AJ is a HR receiver because he can catch a lot of balls and he has speed to get the YAC...so does Jacoby I think we'll see a lot more of him next sunday.

He is comparing Schaub to Brady.

Leahmic223
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
He is comparing Schaub to Brady.

Ah I see, I missed the 'That' so I read it as "With the way Brady spreads it around..." my bad there.

He's right though, we can beat the Colts with avearage WRs...but Andre is such a threat that he draws a lot of attention and allows our other guys to get open.

Carr Bombed
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm more worried about Ahman at the moment, because without a legit back.........we are screwed.

By the sounds of things it doesn't sound like Andre's injury is that severe and they sat him out as a precaution.

gwallaia
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
CLOAK,

We need this broken down and analyzed.

HoustonFrog
09-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Corss your fingers @ him and Ahman, we'll find out this week.

The one play that showed what we have been missing was when Ahman hit the hole the one time, stopped on a dime, cut left and got 15 yards or whatever. We haven't had that and need it.

gtexan02
09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
That site on PCLs is not making me feel good. 4-12 months for recovery of any PCL sprain? I sure as hell hope not

The fact that he was walking is a good sign I think. With severe knee injuries, walking is not recommended.

But, I should say, walking is not a sign that everything is ok. The MCL and PCL are necessary for lateral motion, and without it, you can still successfully walk around. Lets just hope the training staff would have told us if something was seriously wrong

Texans_Chick
09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Which leg is it?

I'm trying to remember what leg he had that weird injury with in 2005. The back of the knee pain injury that just needed resting up.

HardcoreTexan
09-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Definatly hope these 2 guys are up and ready to play on Sunday...they will definatly be keys in another victory against the colts

gtexan02
09-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Which leg is it?

I'm trying to remember what leg he had that weird injury with in 2005. The back of the knee pain injury that just needed resting up.

Right PCL strain according to yahoo sports. THe fact that he did all the post game interviews has got to be a good sign...... right?

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
And he had good energy at those interviews. I think he will be fine.

JohnsonFan
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
man i was hoping jake would get injured and be out for a while not green or andre!

Ryan
09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
man i was hoping jake would get injured and be out for a while not green or andre!

quit acting like a damn 5 year old, don't ever wish injury on someone else, that's just low, even for you.

TexansLucky13
09-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I am surprised more people aren't talking about this. When the game was over, all I could think about was Andre. It would not be worth winning that game if we lost him.

From what I have seen, I am sure Andre will be playing next Sunday.

Hervoyel
09-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm more worried about Ahman at the moment, because without a legit back.........we are screwed.

By the sounds of things it doesn't sound like Andre's injury is that severe and they sat him out as a precaution.

We have a legit back. His name is Ron Dayne and we beat Indy last year behind his running. Dayne gets so little positive spin here that I can't help but feel for the guy.

He hasn't produced in the past like people expect him to produce but when used properly Ron Dayne is a guy who can throw the team on his back and grind out big yards. Admittedly he starts slow, doesn't have breakaway speed, and can't share the load with anyone else but he's not the crummy running back he's made out to be all the time.

He racked up 153 yards against the Colts last year. He can do it again. If Green can't go then Dayne will do it again.

NitroGSXR
09-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Why would you want to wish injury on someone that you haven't even met? That's just low. This is the second time that you've wished it to happen.

I do not issue negative reps but it has to be done here.

MEGA SWATT
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
i think he'll be ok for the colts game.. i just have a good feeling about it... at the end of the game he didnt seem like he was in that much pain anymore.. so im prayin that he'll be ok

Yeah, use him sparingly..but do use him. He's good for 1 TD and a 1 or 2 3rd down conversions and that could make the diff. in the game.

Its amazing what 1 week of rest/rehab can do for him:splits:

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 11:07 PM
We have a legit back. His name is Ron Dayne and we beat Indy last year behind his running. Dayne gets so little positive spin here that I can't help but feel for the guy.

He hasn't produced in the past like people expect him to produce but when used properly Ron Dayne is a guy who can throw the team on his back and grind out big yards. Admittedly he starts slow, doesn't have breakaway speed, and can't share the load with anyone else but he's not the crummy running back he's made out to be all the time.

He racked up 153 yards against the Colts last year. He can do it again. If Green can't go then Dayne will do it again.

And Gado can do it, too.

The hell was this for? You remind me of the Cowboy fans in my barber shop. Yesterday they were all so excited and glad that Brandon Jacobs was hurt from the Giants. They all said things like "I am glad he is hurt man. That is good". They wished the same for Eli, and Plaxico Burress. There was on Steeler fan in ther that yelled out "y'all is some sorry ass people". Well, right now, you fit that category.

JohnsonFan
09-16-2007, 11:13 PM
ok good sir

GuerillaBlack
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
ok good sir

Hey, I found a forum for you:

TitansOnline.com. There is also GoTitansGo.Com.

You really have no business posting here if you avatar is Titans, and your sig is "Adopt a Titan 2007: Vince Young".

DBCooper
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey, I found a forum for you:

TitansOnline.com. There is also GoTitansGo.Com.

You really have no business posting here if you avatar is Titans, and your sig is "Adopt a Titan 2007: Vince Young".

Yeah, what's up with that. Found a new Bandwagon?

I thought you were a "die hard Texans fan"?

TexansLucky13
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM

I thought you were a "die hard Texans fan"?

I knew it! He is a rebel spy!

.... and he said he was on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.... pfffftt....

:whip:

JohnsonFan
09-16-2007, 11:49 PM

I thought you were a "die hard Texans fan"? oh i am i am just doing this for fun and its working, ppl got mad cause i was saying how i lived in memphis and so i said hey i will do this what the heck.

Marcus
09-17-2007, 12:24 AM
oh i am i am just doing this for fun and its working, ppl got mad cause i was saying how i lived in memphis and so i said hey i will do this what the heck.

You're a good reason I could never be a moderator. I couldn't resist banning worms like you.

TexanRevolution
09-17-2007, 12:36 AM
oh i am i am just doing this for fun and its working, ppl got mad cause i was saying how i lived in memphis and so i said hey i will do this what the heck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgI-7hTZkQ

"What you just said was one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you close to anything that could be considered a rational response. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Back on topic please?

I heard Johnson was supposed to have an MRI done today. Any idea when we'll hear the results? Everyone pray "no tear, no tear"

FirstTexansFan
09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh, it's THAT Johnson you're a fan of...:)

Brando
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Back on topic please?

I heard Johnson was supposed to have an MRI done today. Any idea when we'll hear the results? Everyone pray "no tear, no tear"

I hope he is ok. Hopefully we will hear something today. I can not think of anything but his injury. Even though we won I am not enjoying it until I hear that he is ok.

It hurts even more that he had a great game.

YoungTexanFan
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Here are a few rational ways to view this injury initially. I hurt my left knee in January, and the initial prognosis was a sprained MCL, or a stretched out MCL. Basicly, it took a brace and 1-2 weeks. However, I tried to play hero, took a lot of pain pills and practiced the next day, and I made it through about 10 minutes before hurting my knee again. This prognosis however, was a torn MCL. What I'm getting at is don't expect him to just push through this for the hell of it. I regret that decision as it cost me a free education. A sprained PCL does not require surgery. It requires a brace, physical therapy, ice for the swelling, heat for circulation, and elevation while he sleeps. If we run him out there like I did too soon, he won't sprain it again. He will tear it, and that won't be good.

Mr teX
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
:panic: ** eases off panic button & lets out a sigh of relief **

Brando
09-17-2007, 11:08 AM
:panic: ** eases off panic button & lets out a sigh of relief **

Why? What happened?

Texans_Chick
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM

I hope you are right. His YPC yesterday were abysmal, but they were late in the game when the Panthers knew the Texans were chewing clock and AJ was out of the game.

Mr teX
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Why? What happened?

Well i was basing that statement off of the title of the thread, which says that AJ is DTD & it's just a sprain..... not an ACL tear or something else serious that we may lose him for the season................ unless someone lied when they titled the thread.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I hope you are right. His YPC yesterday were abysmal, but they were late in the game when the Panthers knew the Texans were chewing clock and AJ was out of the game.

I think the problem people have with Dayne is you know exactly what you are going to get with him. He'll give you 2-5 yards. He'll do it by keeping his feet moving and trying to go forward.

Because of the "fantasy football" effect, people are expect 40 yard runs and 2 TDs a game. Its easy to discredit the consistent guys. I think the team values him, though, and thats all that really matters

powerfuldragon
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
nvm. i was blind. delete thread

Brando
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Well i was basing that statement off of the title of the thread, which says that AJ is DTD & it's just a sprain..... not an ACL tear or something else serious that we may lose him for the season................ unless someone lied when they titled the thread.

Yeah but I will not feel better until we get the results back from the MRI.

Maybe it's my OCD.

Mr teX
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, i hear ya

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Theres alrady a thread about it just a few posts above this one.

Sprained right PCL, MRI this afternoon, currently listed as DTD

He was walking around on the sidelines and doing interviews after the game, so people are hoping that those mean he's doing ok!

Hervoyel
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM

Exactly and everyone looks at that and says "See, Dayne is crap". Nobody gets very many yards when you turn off the passing game and just run three straight times up the middle. I thought the way we downshifted was a little bit too much. They could have kept those drives alive with a pass mixed in here and there.

Anyway, Dayne will be there next week if Green isn't ready to go. I have no doubt about that.

Porky
09-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Exactly and everyone looks at that and says "See, Dayne is crap". Nobody gets very many yards when you turn off the passing game and just run three straight times up the middle. I thought the way we downshifted was a little bit too much. They could have kept those drives alive with a pass mixed in here and there.

Anyway, Dayne will be there next week if Green isn't ready to go. I have no doubt about that.

Gado should be the #2 RB imo. Dayne is too slow and lumbering. He has trouble shooting through the hole, and doesn't have the speed to turn the corner on the outside. I think Green makes that line look a whole lot better there in the 4th qtr.

I do agree that the Texans got a little too consevative there. Shades of Dom "sit on a 3 point lead" Capers.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Gado should be the #2 RB imo. Dayne is too slow and lumbering. He has trouble shooting through the hole, and doesn't have the speed to turn the corner on the outside. I think Green makes that line look a whole lot better there in the 4th qtr.

I do agree that the Texans got a little too consevative there. Shades of Dom "sit on a 3 point lead" Capers.

Dayne was 1st in the NFL in moving forward from the LOS. He lost less yardage than anyone. Therefore he's a perfect grind it out back for the end of games

However, I really wish we could keep this thread on AJ, because every time someone posts, I keep hoping to find mor einfo on him!

Brando
09-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Dayne was 1st in the NFL in moving forward from the LOS. He lost less yardage than anyone. Therefore he's a perfect grind it out back for the end of games

However, I really wish we could keep this thread on AJ, because every time someone posts, I keep hoping to find mor einfo on him!

I know that's why I keep checking in.:texflag:

Mike Kerns
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I know that's why I keep checking in.:texflag:

Same Here . . .

Hook'er
09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Any word on that knee strain yet, I can't even think about anything else right now?

Errant Hothy
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Megan Manfull just said on her chat that we won't here anything till this afternoon. She promised to get the story up as soon as possible.

Marcus
09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
There's another thread on this below.:brickwall:

infantrycak
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Megan Manfull just said on her chat that we won't here anything till this afternoon. She promised to get the story up as soon as possible.

Odds are we will hear something during Kubiak's 3:30 press conference.

YoungTexanFan
09-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Theres alrady a thread about it just a few posts above this one.

Sprained right PCL, MRI this afternoon, currently listed as DTD

He was walking around on the sidelines and doing interviews after the game, so people are hoping that those mean he's doing ok!

Walking on it doesn't mean anything. I walked on a torn MCL and played the day before on a sprained MCL. Walking on it is no indication of how he is actually doing. Regardless of what the results, I wouldn't expect him to play Sunday.

A sprain is still a fairly severe injury. If his ligament is stretched out, it is loose and weak. I lost an inch of muscle in my leg from staying off my leg for a week, so even if he is deemed healthy, his leg needs rehab. He will probally have to wear a brace. I broke my titanium brace, so I had to have a custom made carbon fiber one made, likely what AJ will have.

As I remember, the PCL is in the rear of the knee, so he may even wear a sleeve on his leg as well, but I think at best it is a strained ligament which will let him play with no worries Sunday. We are probally looking at a stretched out ligament however, which will take at least 6 weeks to heal completely, but I don't expect him to be out that long. At worst, the ligament is torn, and he is done for 6-8 months minimum.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I think, from what I've read so far,

At best: Very mild sprain that shows no signs of physical damage, AJ rests during practice this week and plays sunday

At worst: Torn PCL, out 8-12 months

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Some more food for thought:

1) The national media (AP) has just reported on the PCL strain, so thats not a good sign

2) AJ said that he caught the ball, landed, planted, and immediately got popped. He said he landed very awkwardly, so thats not good

3) The amount of time he was down for is what really, really bothers me. It was at least 3-5 minutes.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Walking on it doesn't mean anything. I walked on a torn MCL and played the day before on a sprained MCL. Walking on it is no indication of how he is actually doing. Regardless of what the results, I wouldn't expect him to play Sunday.

My wife tore her MCL and broke her leg and skiied down a mountain.

I sprained my ankle and couldn't ski the rest of the way down the mountain.

I'll never live that down.

Even though she was on a blue run and within sight of the lodge and I was on a black diamond, far, far away from the lodge and even the ski patrol guys fell trying to get to me.

I'll still never live that down.

I'm just saying, sometimes you can't tell the severity of the injury just by the name of the injury.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Just to continue with freaking myself and maybe everyone else out:
Im pretty sure Matt Jackson just said on 610 AM that he thought Andre Johnson looked really "shaky" and in pain when he got onto the bus, and onto and off of the plane last night.

Not good

Errant Hothy
09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Im pretty sure Matt Jackson just said on 610 AM that he thought Andre Johnson looked really "shaky" and in pain when he got onto the bus, and onto and off of the plane last night.

Not good

Yeah, that's what the man said.

Time to cross the fingers.

Malloy
09-17-2007, 03:21 PM

I love the Dayne Train, he moves people and wears defences down.

Brando
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Not good

:gun:

Football Gods, we deserve a break.

Forget crossing fingers, I'm praying.

TexansLucky13
09-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I love the Dayne Train, he moves people and wears defences down.

I believe it is Vandermeer who keeps calling him "The Great Tenderizer".

:cool:

Malloy
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Odds are we will hear something during Kubiak's 3:30 press conference.

Will it be transmitted live ?

Malloy
09-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I believe it is Vandermeer who keeps calling him "The Great Tenderizer".

:cool:

That rings naughty in my ears! :)

Errant Hothy
09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Time to call the native sone:

"Vince has heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaling powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
"Touch his knee to the TV, looked in the mirror, the Cut was gone!!"

infantrycak
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Will it be transmitted live ?

I believe they will stream it on HoustonTexans.com

Malloy
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I believe they will stream it on HoustonTexans.com

In about 30 minutes right? I'll se if I'm still awake by then. Thanks! :)

Cjeremy635
09-17-2007, 04:05 PM
In about 30 minutes right? I'll se if I'm still awake by then. Thanks! :)

What time is it over there?

Errant Hothy
09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
The live feed at the "offical" home page is up and running. They are just getting stuff set-up.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Kubiak is on now.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
AJ will be back! Doubtful for next week, no swelling in his knee, but will be back soon.

Yankee_In_TX
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
DRE is day to day, it is ONLY a sprain. Doubtful for Colts. Still being evaluated, 1-4 weeks.

infantrycak
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Knee sprain. Doubtful for this week. No swelling. Continuing to evaluation to know if he can get this week or if it will be up to 4 weeks.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
AJ's injury classified as a sprain. I guess that rules out PCL tear?

Kubiak said he is still day to day. Doubtful for next Sunday. Kubiak said at this point, he doesnt know what to expect, and they are still in evaluation.

No swelling.

Could be 1 week out, could be 4, could be more.

Andre Davis, Walter, Jones, and Mathis are expected to step up

Texans34Life
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, a sigh of relief that he isn't out for the season! I think he needs a Randy Moss preseason rest and he should be good to go against the hated Colts. If not, JJ, Walter, Mathis, and AD have to step up!

Thanks for relaying to those who are at work and have no streaming... :(

powerfuldragon
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
so is there any swelling?

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
no swelling in his knee

No swelling.

No swelling.

Im not sure

bigbrewster2000

I am pretty sure that has not been mentioned yet. I will do my best to keep you posted PD.

TheRealJoker
No swelling according to Kubes.

Errant Hothy

Yeah there is. Lots!!! More then even Matt Turk and Chad Stanley could handle combined! Why do you ask? :shades:

powerfuldragon
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/images/smilies/falldownlaugh.gif

Tailgate
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Bad news for this game. Good news for the rest of the season. I will take it.

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Oh PD, just look above and you will find your answer. :cool:

powerfuldragon
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh PD, just look above and you will find your answer.
:heart: thanks dood.

gtexan02
09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
oh man...

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
No swelling according to Kubes.

Hmmm.

What did Kubes say about it?

Hook'er
09-17-2007, 10:43 PM
1 to 4 weeks?:texflag:

TexanSam
09-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I wish our bye week was week 4 now...

Texans_Chick
09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
1 to 4 weeks?:texflag:

Kubiak said AJ would be back. He questioned the time frame and threw that 1 week? 4 week comment out there.

Here's my discussion of this at FanHouse (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/17/texan-andre-johnson-doubtful-against-colts/).