PDA

View Full Version : Killings re-signs

Wolf
09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3021471
With just two healthy defensive tackles, the Houston Texans have re-signed free agent Cedric Killings, a much-traveled five-year veteran who was with the team in training camp, but was released in the final roster cutdown to the 53-player limit.

Killings, 29, is expected to play as a backup in Sunday's game at Carolina.

Both the Texans' starters, 'under' tackle Amobi Okoye (toe) and nose tackle Travis Johnson (ankle), are nursing injuries, and their availability for the game is uncertain. That left Jeff Zgonina and Anthony Maddox as the only two healthy players at the position.

The Texans turned to Killings because of his familiarity with their defense, and his ability to step in and immediately contribute.

NitroGSXR
09-15-2007, 11:58 PM
So who did Killings replace on the 53 man roster? I'm under the assumption that the Texans had to cut someone to make room for him? There was nothing to state that in the article.

feebleminded
09-16-2007, 12:00 AM
So who did Killings replace on the 53 man roster? I'm under the assumption that the Texans had to cut someone to make room for him? There was nothing to state that in the article.

Dreessen

NitroGSXR
09-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Dreessen
Can I get a source on that? Not questioning you, I'd just like to see actual confirmation. If that's true then what happens to Dressen?

feebleminded
09-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Can I get a source on that? Not questioning you, I'd just like to see actual confirmation. If that's true then what happens to Dressen?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3633

Specnatz
09-16-2007, 12:08 AM

A few bumps and bruises along the DL and the team thought it was better to have more depth at that position than TE and deep snapper. Nothing realy happen to him, just a business decision.

The Pencil Neck
09-16-2007, 01:26 AM

Dreessen gets waived and he's on the street.

If he still has eligibility left and no one signs him, they can put him on the PS. If not, then he's on the street until they move Killings back to the PS or someone signs him.