PDA

View Full Version : HPF:King-a-Ling

Wolf
09-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Ric went off

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant86.html

Pantherstang84
09-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow. I hope his keyboard is still intact. Good rant though.

Honoring Earl 34
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
What did Nick Nolte say in North Dallas Forty ?

Oh yea ... far out .

Leahmic223
09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Bush and VY rookie seasons were a little above average to me, but the media spun it like we were watching two future HOF guys just reinvent football or somethin...especially Bush.

VY had to earn his respect but once the media got behind him they started to spin it to "All he does is win."

Mario, Bush, and VY still have ways to go to reach their potential if they ever will, but the media spun it like VY and Bush were 80% there...

While Mario...well it seems like the Media just thinks he fails at life which is ironic...since they were hyping him up as the best Defensive player in the draft that year...just once we took him over who they wanted to be their number 1 pick then their agenda started to take off.

You can even see it now, Mario had a great day and some ESPN guy has the nerve to say "There giving him gifts!?!?" not only that if Bush did what Mario did or VY did what Mario did at their own position, there would highlights of it too the moon and debate on how great they are....what we get with Mario...

"Good game fella." and barely a mention on most of the NFL talk shows.

Its not really a big deal, but if Mario has a bad day sunday, you can bet some guy will call his KC performance a fluke.

I do have to give props to te guys who have always supported him (Tom Jackson and Michael Smith are the first two to come to mind.) but I know 97% of those guys want Mario to fail just so they can laugh at us and say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Just like Apple.

Also I'd like to add that DeMeco didn't get enough props from them last year, he had a better rookie season than both of those guys. He's the only guy you can actually compare his stats to ANY LB in the NFL and say "Wow...this guy is a rookie." if anything ESPN should have been giving all the Bush Praise to DeMeco. Demeco was hardly mentioned, only time he was mentioned was when the talk of DROY came up...other than that and maybe a playoer of the week award, ESPN didn't give him the props he deserved. I forgot the stats but it has been a LONG time since a rookie LB had a year similar to Meco's...I forgot it though.

Malloy
09-16-2007, 03:29 AM
fantastic rant, I wholeheartedly agree with Ric on that one :)

Lucky
09-16-2007, 08:49 AM
What took Ric so long? King has talked trash about the Texans since they entered the league.

gg no re
09-16-2007, 09:13 AM
What took Ric so long? King has talked trash about the Texans since they entered the league.
Mentioning about Starbucks coffee is enough to certify a sports writer like King as trash.

Bubbajwp
09-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Reading that really woke me up this morning.

Rex King
09-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I do have to give props to te guys who have always supported him (Tom Jackson and Michael Smith are the first two to come to mind.) but I know 97% of those guys want Mario to fail just so they can laugh at us and say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Just like Apple.

Most of the media just wants big stories, so they like the extremes. The rise from poverty, the fall from grace. It's why we were pounded over the last week with stories about two 0-2 college football teams. It's why I don't think John McClain could be considered a true Texans fan. Don't worry. If we do turn the corner this year, they'll be all over this team like white on rice.

That rant was simply...inspiring.

otisbean
09-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Can I get a "HELL YEA"!