PDA

View Full Version : Loving me some Jaws

sakebomb
09-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I always thought he was the smartest of the bunch. :shades:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

sakebomb
09-15-2007, 12:30 PM
More love from a few guys with big mouths.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown07

I hope these guys are right. :texflag:

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I'd like to point this out.

These guys are "experts" and they all definitely know more about football than I ever will. BUT. In our TexansTalk pick'em league, we've got 7 people who were 12-4 or better including a 14-2. But of these experts, the best were 12-4. Eric Allen is an "expert" and he went 6-10?

I've been in leagues like this for years and normally, I score higher than most experts. Normally, several guys score higher than the experts. Sometimes it's not even people who know what they're doing. One guy (who doesn't know much about football) took all the experts and put together a conglomeration of their picks and dominated; the next year, he tried the same thing, and did horrible.

This whole expert thing is a bit over-rated when it comes to picking games. :stooges:

That's all I'm saying.

NitroGSXR
09-15-2007, 12:48 PM
It's just a guess. Any schmoe can make a guess. They've got a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right. Now they can make an educated guess, I understand that but it's still just a guess.

Anything can happen on gameday is basically my point.

Cats
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
i don't put any stock in expert picks, they show just as much bias and homerism as we do on the message boards. Keyshawn for example, the Texans could start Mario at QB and he would pick them to win....understandable though, the Panthers did do him wrong....can't blame the guy for being a tad sore.

False Start
09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Sometimes it seems these guys say things just to be trendy . This team has been so bad , for so long , that it is gonna take awhile for them to get some respect . It happened with the Bengals , it can happen with us .

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2007, 01:29 PM
i don't put any stock in expert picks, they show just as much bias and homerism as we do on the message boards. Keyshawn for example, the Texans could start Mario at QB and he would pick them to win....understandable though, the Panthers did do him wrong....can't blame the guy for being a tad sore.

Yeah, when I looked at his pick, I didn't even think about his history with the Panthers.

HJam72
09-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Sometimes, I don't think they care so much about trying to make the right picks. I think what they care about is picking the teams they think the overall average fan in the United States wants them to pick.

This means that East/West coast teams are going to be overrated continuously--although I wouldn't apply that to Carolina, because I'm kinda talking the biggest cities on the coasts.

PS--Houston would be double screwed, because of the humidity as well. Thank God we're not a smaller market, or we'd be put down even worse.

PSS--it does help that our cheerleaders are hot. :)

LORK 88
09-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Haha, Keyshawn is still bitter about being cut . . .

Specnatz
09-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd like to point this out.

These guys are "experts" and they all definitely know more about football than I ever will. BUT. In our TexansTalk pick'em league, we've got 7 people who were 12-4 or better including a 14-2. But of these experts, the best were 12-4. Eric Allen is an "expert" and he went 6-10?

I've been in leagues like this for years and normally, I score higher than most experts. Normally, several guys score higher than the experts. Sometimes it's not even people who know what they're doing. One guy (who doesn't know much about football) took all the experts and put together a conglomeration of their picks and dominated; the next year, he tried the same thing, and did horrible.

This whole expert thing is a bit over-rated when it comes to picking games. :stooges:

That's all I'm saying.

I went 13 - 3 last week. Missing Atl vs Minn Miami vs Wash and Carolina vs Stl.

Jackofalltrades
09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
For what it's worth, most of these same "experts" picked the Rams over the Panthers last week.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2007, 11:52 PM
For what it's worth, most of these same "experts" picked the Rams over the Panthers last week.
Yeah well, and most of them picked the Panthers over the Texans this week, so...

Jackofalltrades
09-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Finally came to their senses. They figured out that Carolina actually has an offense and the D is as reliable as always.

dickieb
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Finally came to their senses. They figured out that Carolina actually has an offense and the D is as reliable as always.

You're D is not so reliable now, huh?

feebleminded
09-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I always thought he was the smartest of the bunch. :shades:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Heard around Bristol:

Yeah, he is a real Norman Einstein