PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2008 (need a pointer or 2)

Hookem Horns
09-14-2007, 01:03 AM
OK, I don't play this often however I have a modded Xbox and copied Madden 08 from Blockbuster to the hard drive. So, I decided to start playing a Texans season in All Pro mode. The default mode was too easy as I was blowing out teams like 56 to 7, etc. However in the All Pro mode I cannot pass the ball effectively to save my life. I can run real well and shut down teams on D but in the inability to have a passing game is killing it for me. One problem is Schaub. The Madden folks didn't think too highly of him. His accuracy rating is in the low 60s. With Schaub the ball is always off target or sailing which often leads to an INT. So my question is, is there a way to go in and improve Schaub's rating to make him a better QB? Also, besides his rating being in the tank is there something else I can do to be better at passing. Is there a button to push to catch the ball or should that be on auto? Sometimes the passes bounce off my receiver.

BTW, no I didn't go through training camp, run all the drills, etc. I also don't have time to study the film of my opponents. I don't have the patience for all of that. I just want to jump in and play. I am thinking they are making these games too real now. If it is all that involved I think I will just go back to playing FIFA.

Leahmic223
09-14-2007, 01:21 AM
You have to be extra good at reading the coverages this year with Madden if you are talking about the 360.

Because the LBs that play zone seem to be as good as the CBs and will tear any ball you try to bullet pass up the middle to shreds.

It seems if you use the QB Vision Cone it will increase the accuracy a bit. Thing is Schaubs isn't that big (Mannings covers the whole field) and its kind of hard to read coverage, move the cone to to the receiver and throw a bullet or touch pass depending on the situation.

The game is really hard on default, us sports gamers use sliders to fit our playing skills and needs. Like going in and decreasing defensive awareness and increasing QB accuracy.

I don't know if you are talking about the 360 version or the Xbox version though, but since you talked about the difficulty of passing I am guessing the 360 version. If you have a really good QB it isn't that hard, but with guys like Schaub you have to read coverages down to a tee it seem.

One pointer I found out is...if you ever catch Andre being covered by one man, throw it to him and he'll make some amazing catches.

I don't know how to improve him without training him, the CPU progresses players depending on how good they are compared to their peers(like same draft class). I've seen Mario go up like 3 points and become a finesse DE and i've seen Jacoby develop into a "Hands" or possession WR over a few years.

TexansLucky13
09-14-2007, 02:17 AM
I haven't gotten my copy yet, but a friend of mine was complaining about not being able to adjust stats.

I guess we will just have to wait for the eggheads over at EA to figure out that Schaub is the next Favre.

:texflag:

dskillz
09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I haven't gotten my copy yet, but a friend of mine was complaining about not being able to adjust stats.

I guess we will just have to wait for the eggheads over at EA to figure out that Schaub is the next Favre.

:texflag:

You just have to wait for the roster update, which probably should be here in the 4th week.

Mr teX
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
You just have to wait for the roster update, which probably should be here in the 4th week.

That, training him before every game & having the best possible season stat wise with him will help, Meaning trying not to throw too many Int's keeping his completion % up etc. the reason for having a fairly good season with him is critical is b/c when the computer does progress him, they'll more likely progress him the max as opposed to downgrading him more if he has a garbage season.

But really it's just something that you have to work through for that season. I'm STILL playing on All pro & i'm having the same trouble as you, even though i'm used to playing on all madden.

I personally don't mess with the sliders, b/c it messes with your game when you're playing head to head with someone else, which i do often. I just adjust my game accordingly until i get good enough to play the type of game i like to play.

gwallaia
09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
What is everyone's gamer tag for 360 Live?

Yankee_In_TX
09-14-2007, 11:35 AM
In GENERAL, the game isn't very fun with a team that is ranked low. I played the Texans on 07 all the time and found it tough to complete passes and to win in general. Randomly one day I played Adam, used the Charges, and suddenly EVER pass was landing.

So, IMHO your hands are tied to the numbers the programmers put in, to an extent.

Second Honeymoon
09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
What is everyone's gamer tag for 360 Live?

WoodlandsDoug

btw - Bioshock is great and is a must have.

Second Honeymoon
09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
In GENERAL, the game isn't very fun with a team that is ranked low. I played the Texans on 07 all the time and found it tough to complete passes and to win in general. Randomly one day I played Adam, used the Charges, and suddenly EVER pass was landing.

So, IMHO your hands are tied to the numbers the programmers put in, to an extent.

I do believe you could create a 'custom player' named Matt Schaub and try and make it look like him and same number and stuff, adjust the stats then sign him as a Free Agent. :) just an idea though

gjmac2
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
WoodlandsDoug

GamerTag= CHRIBETH

gwallaia
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
WoodlandsDoug

My son has already beat BioShock, twice. I have not played it but it looks cool.

JohnsonFan
09-15-2007, 01:20 AM
madden 08 kicks ... i play so much, my favorate to play with are the titansi run so much with VY.

Nawzer
09-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't have Madden 08 so please excuse me if I'm wrong. Usually you can change the settings for the AI team on the game settings options. You maybe be able to change the settings to where the defensive backs are not picking off everything or your receivers catching more passes than they are currently. Hope it helps. I still think Madden 2005 was the best so far. I still play that even though I have Madden 2007.