PDA

View Full Version : Boulware in Week 2?

Dallas_Texan
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I would love to see Von Hutchins at FS and Boulware at SS until Demps can step up at FS....but I doubt they sit CC Brown unfortunately. Has anyone heard anything about the chances of Boulware starting at SS for week 2?
:d: :d: :d:

brakos82
09-12-2007, 06:10 PM
If Steve Smith burns Dunta on the first drive, Boulware should head in. :cowboy1:

Porky
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
If Steve Smith burns Dunta on the first drive, Boulware should head in. :cowboy1:

What difference does that make? He's a SS not a corner.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
To help pick up where Dunta got (if he were to be) burnt. The safety comes in if the WR goes past the corner. Boulware has the speed and power to come in and hammer the ball loose resulting in him saving Dunta's face for being burnt. Yeah. I got my game face on!

Eh. That's what I think he meant.

beerlover
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM

knock him around make him think about going over the middle :hothboy:

real
09-12-2007, 09:58 PM
He'd be playing strong so he may not be able to help much with the deep ball...I dunno...

But as far as C.C. sitting you are dreaming....

Von Hutchins would really have to step up or CC would just slide back to Free...

TEXANS84
09-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Probably the wrong person for that situation. If they play nothing but the run, Boulware plays the box and the run well being a converted linebacker.

badboy
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Smith should be physically blasted on every play with the 5 yard rule. I'd cheat a fast LB to his side and have the safety ready to knock the number off his uni if he got past thse two. Smith would not beat me.

gtexan02
09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
#1) Smith is a lot faster than Boulware

#2) Smith is one of the toughest defenders in the game. Good luck jarring the ball loose on him

TexansSeminole
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM

#2) Smith is one of the toughest defenders in the game. Good luck jarring the ball loose on him

Do you mean he holds the ball well or do you mean he is a tough offensive player?

I'd say putting Boulware in over C.C. would not hurt us at all coverage wise, as they are both not known for being all that great in coverage. However Boulware has been known to make a play or two, so he may see some time this week at SS.

Von Hutchins earned that FS spot for now. He should be starting and seeing most of the FS time for us against the Panthers.

PapaL
09-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Fact based on what exactly?

jppaul
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I might get razzed for this but I think Hutchins has serious potential at FS and every time they put him in there he makes a big play.

He might be a bit weak in Run Support right now but he is not afraid to lay the wood, like his hit on Jeff Webb. What that was was a safety being right where he should be. That is what we should have seen from Brown last year when Evans burnt us.

And then I would like to see Boulware at SS. With Brown as his backup and Demps as the backup for FS.

shawn76ers
09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
i been hearing different things ?
is Von hutchins starting @ Strong or Free come sunday?

He is best suited for free

pappy
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I would love to see Von Hutchins at FS and Boulware at SS until Demps can step up at FS....but I doubt they sit CC Brown unfortunately. Has anyone heard anything about the chances of Boulware starting at SS for week 2?
:d: :d: :d:

Look i am as informed as anyone here so take what i say with a grain of salt .
Will Demps played four years at Baltimore as a strong safety and was excellent in that position . His one and only year playing free safety was with NY and he did not do well until the last couple of games . It is my opinion that kubiak is going to play him at SS rotating him and Bolware for various reasons , cc and Von hutchins will play FS in the same manner most likely .

BattleRedToro
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Look i am as informed as anyone here so take what i say with a grain of salt .
Will Demps played four years at Baltimore as a strong safety and was excellent in that position . His one and only year playing free safety was with NY and he did not do well until the last couple of games . It is my opinion that kubiak is going to play him at SS rotating him and Bolware for various reasons , cc and Von hutchins will play FS in the same manner most likely .

That is not how they are listed on the Depth Chart. Demps is listed as the second string Free Safety and Boulware is listed as the second string Strong Safety.

scourge
09-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Pappy, your information is incorrect. If you were informed as well as any of us as you say, you would know that Ed Reed was the strong safety in Baltimore when Demps was there and was for 5 years or so. I believe Reed became their FS last year. Will Demps was their starting free safety.

Jackofalltrades
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Fact based on what exactly?

I think the answer to that would be: Reality.