PDA

View Full Version : Titans won't win 4 games this season

RTP2110
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow, they get 175 rushing yards from the starting RB, and they still only scored 13 points!! Everyone says TEN ,VY especially, will struggle due to their lack of weapons on offense. Well, you get 175 yards from your RB, how much more help can you ask for?
:homer: :stirpot:

Runner
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow, they get 175 rushing yards from the starting RB, and they still only scored 13 points!! Everyone says TEN ,VY especially, will struggle due to their lack of weapons on offense. Well, you get 175 yards from your RB, how much more help can you ask for?

Oh-Oh. The Texans offense is being praised for having one of its best games ever, and they still only scored 13 points!!

That 77 yard TD by Dre certainly looks big in this context.

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 09:29 PM
The Jags blow.

Runner
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
The Jags blow.

And the Chiefs?

Tailgate
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
And the Chiefs?

We won by over 2 touchdowns.

Btw... you guys will win more than 4 games.

YellerLotYeller
09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
And the Chiefs?

.....were in the playoffs last year.

Runner
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM

...and the Texans weren't very good last year. Things change.

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 10:31 PM
And the Chiefs?

...and the Texans weren't very good last year. Things change.

Agreed... things change. We have an advantage over many teams this year, it is called underestimation.

"Like a thief in the night" we can take the league by storm...

Runner
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
We won by over 2 touchdowns.

Btw... you guys will win more than 4 games.

I was talking about the offense's superb 13 points.

Btw ... I'm not a "you guys" if you are referring to me as a Titans fan. I just think it is absurd that the Texans 13 offensive points was an awesome offensive display while the Titans 13 points suck.

13 points won't win many games; I'm not sure if we should count on frequent defensive scores this year. They are nice to have; I don't want them to be necessary to win.

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Btw ... I'm not a "you guys" if you are referring to me as a Titans fan. I just think it is absurd that the Texans 13 offensive points was an awesome offensive display while the Titans 13 points suck.

13 points won't win many games; I'm not sure if we should count on frequent defensive scores this year. They are nice to have; I don't want them to be necessary to win.

The Bears made it to the Super Bowl doing just that....

:whip:

Runner
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
The Bears made it to the Super Bowl doing just that....

:whip:

Okay. I'll put you on the list of those who will be satisfied averaging 13 offensive points a game. How many will the defense need to average? About 10?

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay. I'll put you on the list of those who will be satisfied averaging 13 offensive points a game. How many will the defense need to average? About 10?

Hey, calm down. I was joking. Did you not notice the dancing banana with a whip? That signals a joke in my book.

Anyways....

I would certainly like to see more offensive action, particularly in the run game. But I think it will come with time. It is too early for me to give up on the offense that Kubes is trying to install with Schaub in there. I saw flashes of what this offense will look like once we have an improved blocking scheme.

But if you are wondering why the Titans 13 points are different than the Texans 13 points, it is probably because most of us hate or have a strong disliking for the Titans.

The Aggie in me won't let me tell you publicly that VY is a good player, but if you PM me, I may tell you different.

RTP2110
09-11-2007, 10:48 PM

All I said was that if you get 175 yards from the RB, I'd expect you to put up more than 13 points. I never said anything about the the Texans having an awesome offense. Heck, I didn't say anything about the Texans at all.

Htownsportsfan
09-11-2007, 11:00 PM
The Texans were up by 17 and went to a ball/clock control game plan. Come on I am sure you have heard all the hype about our longest drive (time wise) in team history of 10 plus minutes. I am not saying the offense was high powered or even would have been if it had been close but except for stupid mistales we moved the ball pretty well. You gotta look at the whole game and see how the play calling changed to a ball control game plan. Hell not every team is like the Colts and just keep throwing until the final gun.

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
The Texans were up by 17 and went to a ball/clock control game plan. Come on I am sure you have heard all the hype about our longest drive (time wise) in team history of 10 plus minutes. I am not saying the offense was high powered or even would have been if it had been close but except for stupid mistales we moved the ball pretty well. You gotta look at the whole game and see how the play calling changed to a ball control game plan. Hell not every team is like the Colts and just keep throwing until the final gun.

Agreed. I too believe that it is extremely important to note that we spent one sixth of the entire game controlling the clock on that late drive.

1/6 of the game. One Sixth. Over ten minutes. As far as I am concerned, that drive was the equivalent of when we took a knee to end the game. It secured us the win.

Blazing Arrow
09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
:homer: :stirpot:

This coming from a fan of a team who has only 2 victories in history against the Titans.

Until the Moos make 8 wins you are still the laughing stock of the AFC. :texflag:

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
This coming from a fan of a team who has only 2 victories in history against the Titans.

Until the Moos make 8 wins you are still the laughing stock of the AFC. :texflag:

Signed,

Pacman Jones

Bulluck53
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Signed,

Pacman Jones

Don't make Pac come after you... hes a wrastler (spelled that way for a reason)

Wolf
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM

thank goodness

signed
Cleveland Browns

YellerLotYeller
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
thank goodness

signed
Cleveland Browns

Beat me to it...

Runner
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Don't make Pac come after you... hes a wrastler (spelled that way for a reason)

I could have sworn the "w" was dropped in this context, but this is an acceptable alternative:

wras·tle verb (used without object), verb (used with object), -tled, -tling, noun Dialect
wrestle. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wrestle)
Also, rassle (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rassle), rastle. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rastle)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=wrastle

Bulluck53
09-11-2007, 11:44 PM
haha ok you win

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 11:46 PM
thank goodness

signed
Cleveland Browns

Honorable Mention -

Raiders
Chiefs

Blazing Arrow
09-12-2007, 12:27 AM
OK OK, I have to admit I do not consider the Browns a "football team" so my view was a little bias.

Though the Browns have made the playoffs. :hmmm:

TexansLucky13
09-12-2007, 02:34 AM
OK OK, I have to admit I do not consider the Browns a "football team" so my view was a little bias.

They were studs back before the merger.

Overalls
09-12-2007, 06:27 AM
If the Titans running game can hold on till Vince figures out the forward pass they should be alright. Not playoffs good, but 7 or 8 wins good.

BattleRedToro
09-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Runner, the Texans' Offense was one poorly placed ball away from scoring 20 points. If Matt Schaub had placed the pass that was intercepted in the Endzone a little better, it would have been Andre Johnson's second TD catch of the day.

Tedc
09-12-2007, 06:48 AM

Didn't they go to Baltimore?

Brando
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM

BA,you need to read Oiler Blues by John Pirkle. After reading that you will see Bud Adams is the laughing stock of Owners in the AFC. Here is an excerpt......

In another record(in refernce to Hugh "Bones" Taylor), he was the third Head Coach of the Oilers in a 6 month span.

He became the 5th Oiler Coach as the team headed into the 6th year.

That is just a microscopic view from the book. You should really read it.(if you have not already to see what kinda joke that Dud Adams is)
You could see why a lot fans do not like the turncoat. He was a member of the "Lucky Sperm Club". So think twice before you call the Texans a laughing stock, when in fact Bud Adams has always been a laughing stock.

:bat:

I'm going to include another excerpt from the book that many on here would find interesting.....

Once the team found the stadium and tried to suit up, it discovered many jerseys were missing. They cried theft but no one had any suggestions about who might actually want them. To play, they borrowed the Texans other set of jerseys. Thus, the Oilers took the field for the first time as patriotic as any team ever with their home blue pants, the Texans blazing red home tops and their white helmets.

Now keep in mind they were the Dallas Texans, but kinda ironic the Titans organization had to wear Red Texan jerseys in their first game.

Ole Miss Texan
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I think the titans will prob. win more than 4 games...but not much more. Maybe 5.

I don't see the Titans being too good this season, although I will say the rookie 2nd rd RB sure surprised a lot of people. I didn't get to watch the game though.

As for the Texans Offense only scoring 13 points. This is where stats are deceiving, If you don't actually watch the game you shouldn't really talk smack.

As mentioned in previous posts, we could have scored more-but b/c of good coaching/play calling we didn't. We got the W and prevented anybody else from getting injured which is more important than how much you beat a team by.

I'll give up that Pick that schaub threw. It was a poor decision and thats part of the game. However, I think we should have gone for the 4th and 1 but instead kicked the FG to get us to 20 pts- I would have preferred us to go for it- we were up by 14 at that point. (3 was smart though). Also at the end of the game we could have easily scored IMO...however we took all the time off and schaub kneeled it to end the game in Chief territory. That could have been an easy 3 points if not a TD

So we probably could have scored another 10 points with no thought about it if we wanted rival fans to be impressed with our offense. That'd be 23 for Offense and 7 for Defense if your counting. Instead, our coach did the smart thing and insured a W by the FG and Ran out the clock so we wouldn't lose our 8th SS for the season or anyone else to injury ; )

Blazing Arrow
09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I think the titans will prob. win more than 4 games...but not much more. Maybe 5.

So I will jot you down for someone who knows very little about he game?

We already have 1 win + the two give'mes from the Texans. The Jags are toast in Tenn. So you are saying that we will only win one other game?

:crazy:

Titans are taking down the Colts this weekend. We are not the Aints and we have played them before.

Titans 24 Colts 21

A pick run to the house by Finn. is the difference.

Book it!

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2007, 11:07 PM
As for the Texans Offense only scoring 13 points. This is where stats are deceiving, If you don't actually watch the game you shouldn't really talk smack.

As mentioned in previous posts, we could have scored more-but b/c of good coaching/play calling we didn't. We got the W and prevented anybody else from getting injured which is more important than how much you beat a team by.

Besides not trying to run up the score at the end OR the turnover in the end zone... remember the drive in the 3rd quarter that ended with an AJ fumble. If the Chief doesn't make a play to deflect the pass to KW, that's a TD right there, too.

So, we had chances to score more points and we were lucky that we didn't need them. Well, we were lucky that our D was playing well enough so that they weren't necessary.

I'm sure Kubiak is going over those plays (the int, the fumble, and KW open for a split second) this week and fix those. We also had those illegal man downfield penalties and that series where Pitts was on another planet.

We've got a lot of improvement to make. I'm sure the offensive coaches are having a field day with that stuff.

Pantherstang84
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM

We already have 1 win + the two give'mes from the Texans. The Jags are toast in Tenn. So you are saying that we will only win one other game?

Titans are taking down the Colts this weekend. We are not the Aints and we have played them before.

Titans 24 Colts 21

Book it!

Ain't gonna happen! Please pass the pipe.

Runner
09-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Runner, the Texans' Offense was one poorly placed ball away from scoring 20 points. If Matt Schaub had placed the pass that was intercepted in the Endzone a little better, it would have been Andre Johnson's second TD catch of the day.

But it was a poorly placed ball. You can't pick and choose plays. If, If, If.

If the TD pass to Andre would have been poorly placed, the offense only would have scored six. If the Chiefs hadn't fumbled on the 30, the offense only would have scored 10.

So what was the real score? 6, 10, 13, 20? I know stats are misleading, but the offense scored 13 points.

BattleRedToro
09-13-2007, 07:16 AM
But it was a poorly placed ball. You can't pick and choose plays. If, If, If.

If the TD pass to Andre would have been poorly placed, the offense only would have scored six. If the Chiefs hadn't fumbled on the 30, the offense only would have scored 10.

So what was the real score? 6, 10, 13, 20? I know stats are misleading, but the offense scored 13 points.

I think you are misunderstanding me. My point was there were more points to be made by the Texans Offense in that game. I expect them to improve throughout the year, leaving less of those points on the field and putting more of them on the scoreboard. I also expect that the Titans offense will have some better performances as well this year, but I still say that they will lose more games than the Texans.

Specnatz
09-13-2007, 07:42 AM

Titans 24 Colts 21

Book it!

You mention someone else's football knowledge then you make a crak induced prediction like this? It might be a good idea to not call out someone in one thread and then pull info out your ass in the same thread.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-13-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.dannemann.org.uk/images/morans.jpg

Ole Miss Texan
09-13-2007, 09:42 AM

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Who are you to jot me down for someone who knows very little about the game? Just b/c I say that TEN might win 5!? How many are you predicting the Texans win, if it's less than me should I say you dumb when it comes to football?

Here's a look at your schedule:
JAX, IND, HOU all twice: Yall surprised me with your win, you won't sweep us, and won't beat indy. your looking at 3 games Max- My prediction is 2 wins in the AFC South

ATL, TB, CAR, NO: Yall will prob. beat ATL and maybe TB. I don't see CAR or NO so jot 2 wins in the NFC South

OAK, DEN, KC, SD: No to Den or SD. KC probably and oakland most likely Theres 2 more in the AFC West

NYJ and CIN, I so No to both.

So there is a 6-10 Record. You may upset a team and may lose to a lesser calibre team- record stays similar.

So gimme my 5 back and take 6 wins. Congratulations on squeeking out another W...

You WILL have a top 10 pick next year. :mail:

m.clizzle
09-13-2007, 12:20 PM
i could care less if they win another game.

i had them on the moneyline +280 and underparlay for 7.5 : 1 on the weekend. CHA CHING!

Bulluck53
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.dannemann.org.uk/images/morans.jpg

:lol: