PDA

View Full Version : My 2 biggest week two matchups:

TheRealJoker
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Feel free to post your's:

Steve Smith vs Dunta Robinson - If Smith gets matched up against Demarcus Faggins he's taking it to the house everytime. We not only need Dunta Robinson on him at all times, we need to roll a safety over the top to take away the deep ball. That Carolina offense is very dependent on what Smith can do, if he performs they perform if he doesn't Katie bar the door!!!

Julius Peppers vs Texans Oline - We need to keep him out of our backfield at all costs. If Peppers is contained Schaub can play pitch and catch with AJ and co. all day baby!!!

:texflag:

b0ng
09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Owen Daniels vs Jon Beason/Dan Morgan - Basically, if we see Daniels catching balls over the middle, we know that Beason is going to be right around him. Beason was a hold-out and didn't get to training camp until week 2 I think (I haven't looked at the exact date) but is starting. Dan Morgan is the crafty veteran to the Panthers LB corps, but is an injury (concussion) liability.

Andre Johnson vs Chris Gamble/Ken Lucas - If they want to contain the big AJ they are going to have to at least double cover him, and I don't think either of these guys have enough ability to man up Dre.

Mario Williams vs Travelle Wharton/Jordan Gross - I think Mario lining up more over Wharton than Gross will be beneficial, as Jordan Gross is not bad at all. This could be a long day for the defensive front four as the Panthers offensive line isn't nearly as depleted as the Chiefs line was.

Silver Oak
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Feel free to post your's:

Steve Smith vs Dunta Robinson - If Smith gets matched up against Demarcus Faggins he's taking it to the house everytime. We not only need Dunta Robinson on him at all times, we need to roll a safety over the top to take away the deep ball. That Carolina offense is very dependent on what Smith can do, if he performs they perform if he doesn't Katie bar the door!!!

:texflag:

let's not forget the other side of the ball. Drew Carter scored twice last week as the Rams probably were double teaming Smith every play. He has very good speed for a deep threat.

I think the answer lies in d-line pressure myself.

Dallas_Texan
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Owen Daniels vs Jon Beason/Dan Morgan - Basically, if we see Daniels catching balls over the middle, we know that Beason is going to be right around him. Beason was a hold-out and didn't get to training camp until week 2 I think (I haven't looked at the exact date) but is starting. Dan Morgan is the crafty veteran to the Panthers LB corps, but is an injury (concussion) liability.

Andre Johnson vs Chris Gamble/Ken Lucas - If they want to contain the big AJ they are going to have to at least double cover him, and I don't think either of these guys have enough ability to man up Dre.

Mario Williams vs Travelle Wharton/Jordan Gross - I think Mario lining up more over Wharton than Gross will be beneficial, as Jordan Gross is not bad at all. This could be a long day for the defensive front four as the Panthers offensive line isn't nearly as depleted as the Chiefs line was.

If they double up on AJ, someone will be open Leach, JJ, OD, etc, and Schaub will pick apart their defense all day......provided Peppers isn't all over him. I think the danger is going to be the secondary. I think the D-line and linebackers will hold back Foster, but Smith and Co are going to be tough to stop from scoring all day. I'm really excited, and a little nervous about this game.

It does seem like the Texans are getting to ease into the schedule starting with the Chiefs, then a better team in the Panthers, and then it will be time for the Colts. Better than starting against the Colts, Patriots, Chargers right!?

:texans: :texans:

Double Barrel
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
This game will be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Whoever dominates the line will probably win the game.

DocBar
09-13-2007, 07:46 AM
This game will be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Whoever dominates the line will probably win the game.
I definitely agree with you, DB. Hopefully, our O-line will be up to the task. IMO, the running game will HAVE to be productive for us to have a shot.

eriadoc
09-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Kris Jenkins vs. McKinney and/or Pitts. When healthy, Jenkins is a very good player.

bckey
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Kris Jenkins vs. McKinney and/or Pitts. When healthy, Jenkins is a very good player.

This matchup worries me. Jenkins is a monster when he is healthy. Peppers against Salaam and/or Winston doesn't excite me either. And finally, just like it was stated before if Smith gets Faggins on a few plays he is gonna burn him unless Faggins gets some help.

I think our key will be establishing the run to set up some play action. We may see Bruener alot this week to help block. The best thing is that the Texans have Schaub instead of Carr which gives us a real chance to win.

Look for Jacoby, Daniels, and Green to break through that Panther defense.

real
09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
The key to winning this game will be ball control.

Jackofalltrades
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Agree with the Peppers match up, but you can't overlook Rucker or Jenkins. Jenkins will spend some time in the back field.

Smith can NOT be covered by one guy, it's been proven over and over again, even by the leagues best.

Your TE against our LBs is something I'll be watching closely, we've done poorly in coverage against TE's in years past, but Randy McMichaels was shut down last week, so maybe we've learned something.

Lucas vs Johnson will be a critical match up, as will Gamble vs Jones.

Your receivers are the only ones that worry me.

ST's is another discussion altogether, but I think you guys have the advantage there.

TEXANS84
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Fans vs. anything related to David Carr

powerfuldragon
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Lucas vs Johnson will be a critical match up, as will Gamble vs Jones.

Your receivers are the only ones that worry me.

:specnatz: