PDA

View Full Version : Mike, Mike, And Mike? Or Tony, Jaws, and Tirico?

SF49erFaithful
09-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Personally I liked the Mike/Mike/Mike combo better. Tony K./Jaws/Tirico (is that his last name? Not sure...) isn't bad either though. I'd like to see the three Mike's announce some more games.

Scooter
09-11-2007, 03:23 AM
i'm probably odd, because I've heard them all for the past 20 years, but football commentary for me is john madden & al michaels ... like each or not, that's color and play by play perfect for the masses. for me (even though i can tolerate them individually) the ESPN cast is exactly as advertised ... ESPN throwing out talking heads to make noise while a game is being played. mike x3 is no different.

TexansLucky13
09-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Tony and Jaws make me want to puke. I had the TV on mute for most of the game after listening to them.

PapaL
09-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Didn't like M3. The first games commentary was right on for me.

Htownsportsfan
09-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Madden has lost his mind and just rambles during the game! I respect all that he has done but its well past time to replace Big John.

bah007
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
I really like Golic.

Ditka's alright.

Greenberg is annoying.

Silver Oak
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I think the first trio has the tendency to ramble too much on no-football related stuff, but the sound was kinda muted on the three Mikes. My first thought was that it was some kind of local broadcasting crew, but then I remembered all the hoopla about this.

That said, I fell asleep duirng the second game so I can't really say. :fans:

powerfuldragon
09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I really like Golic.

Ditka's alright.

Greenberg is annoying.
:user:

Lucky
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Greenberg sounded like a dolphin mating with himself.

Ditka & Golic answered my longtime question, "What would two Paul McGuires in the booth sound like?"

I'm still waiting for the technology where I can deselect Kornheiser's audio from my TV. That will be sweet.

Double Barrel
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I really like Golic.

Ditka's alright.

Greenberg is annoying.

My take, as well. Greeny doesn't bother me on his show, but I just cringe when listening to his play-by-play. He didn't make the jump from arena football announcing to MNF.

hobie
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I prefer the 3M's...and that's not saying a whole heck of alot since the other group of guys are not that much better.

Personally, I liked Stockton and Aikman..Those two said the right things and knew the game. Bringing in Joe Buck messed that all up...I for one don't know why it is so hard to get a good crew to call the games, who cares who the "it" personality is at the time...It can't be that difficult can it?

beerlover
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm always going with REAL FOOTBALL people over celebs/non-football people. its all about the game itself not announcers, they're suppose to paint a picture that the average fan can see, understand you know get their heads in the game Mike, Mike & Mike are refreshing, knowledgeable vastly superior to those bigger names (comfort level/familarity) everyone knows love or hate.

hope they get a chance to do more games in the future :)

Second Honeymoon
09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
3M was great except Greenberg sucks. Golic and Ditka were very insightful and interesting.

Tony Kornhole is the worst sports announcer EVER. Jaws is fine with me but he gets a little too excited at times. Tirico has a great voice and takes command but when I hear his voice I think of NBA...its that simple.

Aikman is the best analyst in the booth at this point in time and the best play by play is probably Stockton or Criqui. Greenberg had little to no energy in his voice and he is too much of a NY honk. I can't stand hearing him talk incessantly about the Mets, Yanks, and BoSox....ugh I cant stand that guy.

real
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Honestly I liked both....

I think both crews were interesting and brought different things to each broadcast...

nunusguy
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
I can tolerate any combination as long as Kornhole is not a part of it. Its not just that he doesn't add anything to the MNF presentation, its worse because he's a distraction from the business at hand.
But as long as we're wishing, how about a lineup that includes Parsells as the analyst ?

bah007
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I can tolerate any combination as long as Kornhole is not a part of it. Its not just that he doesn't add anything to the MNF presentation, its worse because he's a distraction from the business at hand.
But as long as we're wishing, how about a lineup that includes Parsells as the analyst ?

I think Parcells actually makes a good team with Keyshawn on the pre-game show.

Mr teX
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
jaws tony & tirico. Ditka sounds out of place & isn't very eloquent when he speaks & the mike & mike combo.................... i just don't like them.

Vinny
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I liked them last night...nice change of pace from the same ol' same ol'

Brando
09-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Honestly I liked both....

I think both crews were interesting and brought different things to each broadcast...

Same here. The only thing is Golic had a hard time getting out what he had to say, but who am I to criticize?:cool:

It's football...................

Porky
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't stand Tony Kornholio. Other than that, they were all fine. Cornhole just about drives me to drink.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I will take any of those combos after that failed experiment a few years back - with no announcers... Anybody remember that fiasco back in (I think) 2004????

Specnatz
09-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I could not stand Greenberg because when he would talk after a play was over he would say something like.......

Run to about the 20 and the player would get to the 24 and he would never say what down it was and the yardage. and half the time it wold not be on the screen.

Second Honeymoon
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I could not stand Greenberg because when he would talk after a play was over he would say something like.......

Run to about the 20 and the player would get to the 24 and he would never say what down it was and the yardage. and half the time it wold not be on the screen.

agreed. Greenberg's voice was too low, he didn't provide information with any authority, and he pretty much came up woefully short across the board.

I really like what Ditka and Golic bring to the table. it's casual talk about football with little forced schtick. Kornhole is just so horrible, I think dead silence would be an improvement over the #1 MNF squad. Tirico's voice makes me think I am watching Lebron v. Kobe. I like Jaws though. He is a little too detailed for the casual fan but he brings knowledge, is well spoken, and his love for football just oozes out of every pore of his body. Kornhole is more concerned about some stupid ABC harlot of the week, ParishLohanBritney, or some other stupid story of the day. Why he still has a job I will never know......plus his face makes Norv Turner look like Brad Pitt. Bozo the Kornheiser.

Trap_Star
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/buzz/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ditka.jpg

The Dream
09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
3 X Mike = boring as hell imo

The1ApplePie
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
After the failed Dennis Miller experiment, I can't complain about any announce team, for fear that he might return.

SF49erFaithful
09-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Personally I think the best announcing team is Greg Gumble and Dan Dierdorf (sp?). There are a lot of announcers I like though and there aren't any particular announcers that bug me really.