PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson all excuses......

ATX
09-10-2007, 07:03 PM
“We didn’t do very good,” Johnson said, “and they weren’t even a great defense. When you have four turnovers on offense it’s hard to score points, but the decision-making we made in the process … we made it hard on ourselves. We had to fight ourselves to stay in the game. It shouldn’t be like that.”

http://www.kansascity.com/596/story/268129.html

Yeah buddy, don't give props to a defense that forced 4 turnovers.....it was all on your offense. Dismiss the fact that your team couldn't even score a TD.....good luck next week against the great Bears defense. You're a has been with a has been team, get used to it.

JohnsonFan
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
lol and we werent a great D...We stopped u and ur team diddnt we and did u see mario larry? i guess not

MissouriTexan
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
“We didn’t do very good,” Johnson said, “and they weren’t even a great defense. When you have four turnovers on offense it’s hard to score points, but the decision-making we made in the process … we made it hard on ourselves. We had to fight ourselves to stay in the game. It shouldn’t be like that.”

Yeah buddy, don't give props to a defense that forced 4 turnovers.....it was all on your offense. Dismiss the fact that your team couldn't even score a TD.....good luck next week against the great Bears defense. You're a has been with a has been team, get used to it.

What a low-class thing to say about a team that just handed it to you.

JohnsonFan
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
LJ i am disapointed in u

Ole Miss Texan
09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
What a pathetic player. I used to think he was great and all, but he's just got a horrible attitude. Now this!? That is such a joke and makes him look like a little winey sore loser.

Let's look at the 4 turnovers.
1- FUM- Von Hutchins hits the return man..HARD, Jason Simmons sandwiching from the other side, guy fumbles, charlie anderson recovers.
2- INT- Von Hutchings hits the WR...HARD (jacked up style) as he's catching the ball. Perfectly timed hit. Dunta has a heads up play to make the int.
3-FUM- Jamar Fletcher hits wr HARD as he's catching the dump off pass from huard, Mario smartly dives ontop of the ball. Then gets up when he realizes nobody touched him and TOUCHDOWN MARIO!!
4- INT- Travis Johnson rushes onto the field late, rushes the OG/C then sees Huard eyeing running back. TJ drops back in coverage as Huard throws the ball and TJ athletically makes the diving INT.

That's some hard hitting football right there and Larry Johnson is too big of a pu$$y to man up. He's a joke and I'm trading him off my fantasy team ; )

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Wow....that is just class-less. He can't even own up to the fact they were outplayed all game long.....on BOTH sides of the ball.

Do they play the Packers this year? He could use some cheese to go will all that whining.

YoungTexanFan
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
LJ isn't a has-been, but he certainly is making his team look rather unprofessional.

triplethreat
Ok, even if our Defense wasn't good, which it is, thats just saying, they have a horrible defense, and our offense just can't beat them.

RTP2110
Let me update the Reggie Bush note,

Mario Williams - 1TD
Larry Johnson - 0TD

michaelm
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Let me update the Reggie Bush note,

Mario Williams - 1TD
Larry Johnson - 0TD

Whew! Just in time..! I thought I was going to have to click on one of the other 20 or so threads to see this same update... I always appreciate a time saver...
:pirate:

*edit* I took a neg for this crack ^^^... I thought I'd own up to my mistake, and eat my crow...

Notice this is in reference to LJ and not RB? Nothing personal, but I think you should read before you react!

I guess I didn't read the names below... I got stuck on Reggie when he said he would update the Reggie Bush note (I think he said note?)
The Mario has more TDs than RB theme has worn thin, so I didn't pay attention to the entire mesage...

my bad.

My apologies to RTP2110

Although, I'm still not clear on why Reggie was mentioned in the post...

jerek
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
The Chiefs clearly sucked but if we're going to be realistic, LJ was right when he said we're not that good a defense. We looked much sharper than we have in times past, but I think the Chiefs really made us look better than we were.

TexanSam
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I bet Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson talk quite often

Hervoyel
09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
The Chiefs clearly sucked but if we're going to be realistic, LJ was right when he said we're not that good a defense. We looked much sharper than we have in times past, but I think the Chiefs really made us look better than we were.

True, it can't be denied that we did very well against the Chiefs and not the Colts. Nobody would confuse the two.

This week against the Panthers will give us a better idea of where we are. I'm starting to think that over the first four weeks of the season you should really take what you see with a grain of salt. Until we have four or so games under our belts it's anyones guess how much better we are.

Every year teams get pounded on opening day and then go on to have very good seasons. Every year somebody makes a little out-of-the-gate run to the front of the pack only to fall back down or they start out stumbling, dig themselves a big hole, and then climb out of it to finish strong and get into the playoffs.

real
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Bullspit.

You create your own fortune in football.

Our defense played a good game.

Last year our defense played really well the last part of the season once they gained some cohesiveness...Or did you forget...

feebleminded
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Bullspit.

You create your own fortune in football.

Our defense played a good game.

Last year our defense played really well the last part of the season once they gained some cohesiveness...Or did you forget...

I couldn't agree more. Our secondary and LBs were flying all over the place, i hope we have that kind of effort on a consistent basis all season.

You know those guys were fired up if you have Faggins trying to lay out Tony Gonzales solo.

Leahmic223
09-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Thing is...this how a lot of people feel about our defense against the Chiefs.

I haven't heard many "The Texans did a great job defensively." In fact I've herad it once all of yesterday and none today. It was all about how the Chiefs screwed up.

It is hypocritical because if this was the Ravens playing the Chiefs and they forced the same amount of TOs doing it the same way...it would be hail to the great Ravens. But since it was us who held the Chiefs to 3 points (which is impressive against ANY team) and since it was us who forced 4 fumbles it seems like some guys can't believe the Texans defense actually did what they done so it must be the Chiefs who screwed up.

Newsflash for the talking heads...the reason the Chiefs offense looked bad is because the defense made them look bad...that is the purpose of defense afterall. To make the offense look bad and to give their offense more shots at scoring.

awtysst
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Its been one game. I have no idea how well we played(or how badly the chiefs played). I would have respected LJ if he manned up and said, "We got beaten by a better team today and need to think about turning it around next week" since clearly on Sunday the Texans were a better team than KC.

Goldensilence
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM

I haven't heard many "The Texans did a great job defensively." In fact I've herad it once all of yesterday and none today. It was all about how the Chiefs screwed up.

It is hypocritical because if this was the Ravens playing the Chiefs and they forced the same amount of TOs doing it the same way...it would be hail to the great Ravens. But since it was us who held the Chiefs to 3 points (which is impressive against ANY team) and since it was us who forced 4 fumbles it seems like some guys can't believe the Texans defense actually did what they done so it must be the Chiefs who screwed up.

Newsflash for the talking heads...the reason the Chiefs offense looked bad is because the defense made them look bad...that is the purpose of defense afterall. To make the offense look bad and to give their offense more shots at scoring.

Hey don't forget the fact our offense did a good job of also keeping them off the field as well. Sorry 10 minute drives are NOT accidents. Though i agree our D was really flying around out there and fine don't give the team credit. Just gives us the ability to sneak up on people.

Leahmic223
09-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey don't forget the fact our offense did a good job of also keeping them off the field as well. Sorry 10 minute drives are NOT accidents. Though i agree our D was really flying around out there and fine don't give the team credit. Just gives us the ability to sneak up on people.

This is...the Texans DOMINATED the Chiefs, that is why this year is different.

We beat a team we were favored to beat.
We beat them and outplay them...wait did we just do that?

Realize the Texan teams in the past...we STRUGGLED against EVERY team in the NFL nearly EVERY week (except the Jags lol), even the Raiders last year. This year we beat a team we were supposed to , and we didn't struggle to do so.

Scooter
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM
the chiefs are an offensive team held to 3 points, and were forced into 4 turnovers. they have gonzales, larry johnson, huard, and bennett. if the ravens, patriots, steelers, or any other team say this, it's a great defensive day.

if the texans say it, "the chiefs played poorly"

no ... we beat the chiefs 20-6 (if their rookie hits the chip shot). we out muscled them into turnovers. i'm fuzzy, but i cant remember a "oooh" hit from the chiefs' defense, while our D played exactly as we did against the cowboys ... loose against the pass but a full ESPN highlight reel of "wow did you see that hit?" against short passes and the run game. on offense we hit the long ball that we needed, we sustained drives, we held the ball in the second half while running down their throats, and delivered unadulterated violence on defense and special teams. oh, and our return game had a bad day.

the only suprise in this game is our first drive on offense. kubiak is absolutely known for his scripted first drives ... even david carr could do this. we came out jittery and without much cohesiveness early ... expect the rest of the season to be full of scoring on our early drives. the only disappointment in this game is that we didnt score 7 or 14 points sooner.

YellerLotYeller
09-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Excuses are like *ssholes and dallas has a bunch of them.

Leahmic223
09-11-2007, 02:37 AM
the chiefs are an offensive team held to 3 points, and were forced into 4 turnovers. they have gonzales, larry johnson, huard, and bennett. if the ravens, patriots, steelers, or any other team say this, it's a great defensive day.

if the texans say it, "the chiefs played poorly"

Yep, that is how I feel. One guy on ESPN even said (I forgot his name because I was pissed when I heard him say this.) "They are just giving him presents out there."

How? The fumble that Drummond coughed up was ripped out, the INT that Dunta picked off was jarred loose by a hit, the INT that TJ got was a great read from him, and the fumble that Mario returned was nother hard hit...yet it is the Chiefs who lost this game more than we won it?

In fact the Panthers are getting praise for stopping the Rams when both of those fumbles...I don't know how or why Steven let them go. One, Steven gained about 8 yards, and Holt's helmet jars the ball loose...yet I hear "Great play from Carolina." No offense Carolina has a great defense...but come on, Jackson literally runs into Tory Holt who was trying to blcok for him, and Holts helmet hits his arm...

I am really just crossing my fingers man, I hope our dline shows up again because a Delhomme that doesn't get enough time is a troubled delhomme and that makes a troubled Carolina. I seriously, really, seriously, think we can hold these guys to a TD and two FGs...but we shall see.

barrett
09-11-2007, 05:10 AM
it was merrill hodge or the other guy on primetime.

WaywardTexanFan
09-11-2007, 05:37 AM

We will get respect when we earn respect... We cashed the first check on Sunday and will laugh all the way to the bank thru the season.

Double Barrel
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Give Larry some cheese to go with his whine.

That's alright, though, because since we're done with the Chefs, I'll be rooting for them the rest of the year. They still have to play the Titans, Jags, and Colts!

Our D was getting better and better last year, and we've all heard the stat about the last 13 games of the season we were ranked 10th in lowest yards allowed. Defense is improving, and will continue to improve.

LJ can say whatever helps him get through the day, but the fact of the matter is that he got beat and held to 43 yards. Scoreboard, Larry, scoreboard.

Maddict5
09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
lol who cares what he says.....

oh and no offence but where were all the 'classless/whiner' people last yr when dunta said the exact same thing after the bills game

4Texans
09-11-2007, 10:25 AM
It's official.... It still goes down as a Win, no matter how you look at it, or whine about it.:cowboy1:

Buffi2
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe if LJ had gotten his pretty little behind into training camp instead of holding out to be the highest paid RB in the league, he would have been able to play better. Seems to me that LJ needs to put his RB skills where his mouth was when he was sitting out tc. Even better, keep his mouth shut period.

With any luck we will beat Carolina and then I'd like to see what all of those brainless talking heads have to say about us. I, for one, am getting a little tired of hearing that the teams we beat aren't any good. :bat:

HuttoKarl
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Hoge actually said he thinks the Texans are going to surprise a lot of people.

Ole Miss Texan
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Larry needs to get poked in the eye by Moe.

Leahmic223
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM

Yeah, one of those guys said "It was a gift." Then when they showed another sack he says "Another Gift!".

I am sorry but teams don't give 'Gifts' in the regular season...

TexanRevolution
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Excuses are like *ssholes and dallas has a bunch of them.

Read my mind yeller...maybe LJ needs to go play in Dallas...he'd fit right in.

Spled
09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
It was Hoge who made the gift remark. The same guy who thinks Vince Young is overrated.

michaelm
09-11-2007, 11:14 PM
It was Hoge who made the gift remark. The same guy who thinks Vince Young is overrated.

Huh? My name isn't Hoge...

Leahmic223
09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Lol...go to the Chiefs website when you have some time and listen to the Herm conference...I love this guy on the mic.

real
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
News flash Larry: THE TEXANS DIDN'T PLAY A PERFECT GAME EITHER

It's just that inbetween C.C's block in the back, Chester Pitts Holding, McKinney getting rolled, Chester going too far down field, Weary going too far down field, Chester having mental colapses, McKinney getting rolled, Schaub throwing picks in the red zone, ND Kalu breaking his hand, Andre Johnson fumbling, Amobi Jumping off sides, McKinney getting rolled, Ephriam Salaam holding, getting off to a slow start and our special teams not living up to their billing; we made plays...

Yeah, I can see how you feel like y'all gave the game away cuz had we lost, I'd have felt the same way...

You got beat by the younger, more talented and more explosive team...

The End.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Amobi Jumping off sides

I just want to say THIS about THAT.

The KC guard obviously flinched his bicep to draw Amobi off there. That was just a vet taking advantage of a rook. That should have been false start on KC.

thunderkyss
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM

I agree with Jerek. We are not a great defense. We aren't the Bears, or the Ravens. We aren't Minnesota, Miami, or Oakland. We aren't even Denver.

We had some good hustle out there Sunday, and it paid off. But the fault of the fumble is always on the offensive player. No matter who hits you, or how hard, you hold onto the ball. If it comes out, it's because you did something wrong.

The INTs.... TJs was the only skilled INT, and Dunta's was an "accidental" INT.

I'll take them anyway I can, don't get me wrong. And we may end up this season with a top ten defense, but right now, it's just a fluke.

Carolina gained 387 yards on StLouis, and gave up no sacks, & no ints. If we can change that next week, then the Larry Johnsons & whoevers may have to re-assess our defense, but right now, you all know we are worried about what Peyton Manning is going to do when he comes to visit on the 23rd, and what Tennessee's rushing attack is going to do Oct 21st.

Noblesse Oblige
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, one of those guys said "It was a gift." Then when they showed another sack he says "Another Gift!".

I am sorry but teams don't give 'Gifts' in the regular season...

It just comes down to reputations. If a team has the rep of a great defense, they force the turnovers. If the team has the rep of a soft defense, they get gifts.

And that's the way it is, as Celine Dion might say.

real
If it comes out, it's because you did something wrong.

Bad logic...

Just because an offensive player makes a mistake doesn't mean the defense doesn't deserve credit.

On the Dunta Pick, AND the Mario Fumble return we had DB's arriving with good timing deleviring solid hits...They deserve credit for that....That's called playing good defense and arriving at the ball with bad intentions...

If a defender comes from behind a ball carrier and strips him, yeah the ball carrier could have done a bettr job, but that doesn't negate the effort of that defensive player and the playmaking ability that he showed.

We were a top ten defense for our last 13 games all the while playing some of the better offenses in the leauge...I can't remember what the count was, but I think we played 7 of the top ten offenses last year...????

Maybe, just maybe our defense isn't "great", but that doesn't mean we aren't young, talented and on the way to becoming so.

Double Barrel
Our defense was getting better and better last season as the year progressed. We've all heard the stat about the last 13 games and our D being ranked 10th in yards allowed.

So why would we get worse when we acquire talent and coaches, and then perform like that against KC?

You doubters amaze me. Glass half empty all the time. KC got owned, and our defense capitalized on their mistakes, WHICH IS WHAT GOOD DEFENSES DO!!!

Seńor Stan
09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Our defense was getting better and better last season as the year progressed. We've all heard the stat about the last 13 games and our D being ranked 10th in yards allowed.

So why would we get worse when we acquire talent and coaches, and then perform like that against KC?

You doubters amaze me. Glass half empty all the time. KC got owned, and our defense capitalized on their mistakes, WHICH IS WHAT GOOD DEFENSES DO!!!

Exactly.

Last year the Texans were dead LAST the AFC in Takeaways with a meager 19.

To me the biggest change in the defense is the way they are feeding off one anothers successes and making plays. Creating turnovers is a huge part of this.

Leahmic223
09-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Exactly, some people are looking at WAY TOO MUCH ESPN.

To say the fault is always on the offensive player is just wrong IMO. Like Tru said, our guys were hitting hard ONCE the receiver caught the ball...um on defense that is what you are taught to do. You are supposed to strip it against RBs, swat it to prevent a WR from cacthing it, and if he does catch it, knock his *%$&^$# teeth out!

It isn't some odd coincidence that we force 4...wait....4 turnovers in a game and it never is.

Like I said...the Defense is SUPPOSED to make the offense they are playing against look bad, that is what defense is supposed to do. There is no such thing as playing 'pretty' defense guys...how was it supposed to look? Good Defense never looks pretty. We made the Chiefs offense look bad, exactly what those guys are supposed to do.

Double Barrel
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Exactly. I bet you could analyze and scrutinize any defensive effort and chalk it up to the offense making mistakes. But at the end of the day, we've got several sacks and hurries, four turnovers, only 3 points on the board, and one of the NFL's top rushers held to 43 yards.

yeah, our defense sucks.....riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Brando
09-12-2007, 12:54 PM

POTD. Carry on.........

bigbrewster2000
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
News flash Larry: THE TEXANS DIDN'T PLAY A PERFECT GAME EITHER

It's just that inbetween C.C's block in the back, Chester Pitts Holding, McKinney getting rolled, Chester going too far down field, Weary going too far down field, Chester having mental colapses, McKinney getting rolled, Schaub throwing picks in the red zone, ND Kalu breaking his hand, Andre Johnson fumbling, Amobi Jumping off sides, McKinney getting rolled, Ephriam Salaam holding, getting off to a slow start and our special teams not living up to their billing; we made plays...

Yeah, I can see how you feel like y'all gave the game away cuz had we lost, I'd have felt the same way...

You got beat by the younger, more talented and more explosive team...

The End.

Sorry xtru, that is not quite the end you forgot the most important one which was of course drumroll.........Mckinney getting rolled. :specnatz:

thunderkyss
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Bad logic...

Maybe, just maybe our defense isn't "great", but that doesn't mean we aren't young, talented and on the way to becoming so.

never said we weren't young, talented, and on the way to becoming great. Just saying right now, you can't look at our defense, and say we have a great defense.

They played very well this past Sunday, but they played a poor team. Just like them Cowboys, they want to talk about all the young talent they have on defense, but when they play the better offenses in the league, they get exposed.

We played a poor offensive team, that played poorly. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not doubting anything. I have faith in our defense, & I believe they can be top 10 by years end. But I also know if they don't bring what they brung this past Sunday to every game... We won't be a top ten defense.

Carolina will be a better test. If Carolina is making excuses at the end of the game like Larry Johnson, that will be saying something.

Not a lot, as I believe they are only slightly better than KC.

Now if Manning is pouting when he gets on his plane back to Indy on the 23rd, then I'll call our defense great, and say we have an inside track at being a top ten defense at the end of the year.

Leahmic223
09-12-2007, 03:52 PM
never said we weren't young, talented, and on the way to becoming great. Just saying right now, you can't look at our defense, and say we have a great defense.

They played very well this past Sunday, but they played a poor team. Just like them Cowboys, they want to talk about all the young talent they have on defense, but when they play the better offenses in the league, they get exposed.

We played a poor offensive team, that played poorly. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not doubting anything. I have faith in our defense, & I believe they can be top 10 by years end. But I also know if they don't bring what they brung this past Sunday to every game... We won't be a top ten defense.

Carolina will be a better test. If Carolina is making excuses at the end of the game like Larry Johnson, that will be saying something.

Not a lot, as I believe they are only slightly better than KC.

Now if Manning is pouting when he gets on his plane back to Indy on the 23rd, then I'll call our defense great, and say we have an inside track at being a top ten defense at the end of the year.

Carolina is MUCH better than KC this year.

The reason KC looked so bad is because we made them look bad.

The Reason the Chargers offense looked bad for most of the game is because the Bears Defense made it look that way. Like I said, as of right now we ranked 5th in total defense, I am going to call us a top 10 defense until we get knocked out.

Yes it's one game, but look at the teams who are top 10 right now...
(bold is what that team ranked in defense last season)

10.) 49ers (26th)
9.) Panthers (7th)
8.) Ravens (1st)
7.) Patriots (6th)
6.) Steelers (9th)
5.) Texans (24th)
4.) Eagles (15th)
3.) Chargers (10th)
2.) Cardinals (29th)
1.) Broncos (14th)

Now the 49ers played the Cardinals who ranked middle of the road in offense last year.
The Panthers played the Rams who Many consider played a elite offense.
Ravens played Cincy who is a top notch offense.
Steelers played the Browns who were 2nd to last in offense.
We played the Cheifs who were considered middle of the road last year.
Eagles played Packers who were top 10 in offense last year.
Chargers played Bears who were 15th in offense.
49ers who played the cardinals were 26th.
Broncos played the Bills who ranked 30th in offense.

The Point?

Don't look at the opponent and say "Yeah but they sucked, any one can play good defense against them." thats not true. Just look at us and say "We played good defense in Week 1 DESPITE who we played against, who wasn't so bad in offense last year."

Yeah they've been pretty bad in preseason offensively, but LJ is going to get his, I don't suspect every team is going to shut them down. Just like you can't grade our defense off one week, you can't judge their offense off one week and say (They suck though.) point is we did what we had to do.

thunderkyss
09-17-2007, 06:30 AM
We have a great defense.