PDA

View Full Version : Mario nominated for "GMC defensive player of the week"..

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
.......on Monday Night Countdown. :shades: Hopefully there will be a lot more of these nominations coming in the season.

Vote here (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense)

real
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Man this is going to be a good week...

Brando
09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I knew he would be nominated after a good game. Hope he wins the honor.

Off topic but football is just better on Monday Night when your team wins on Sunday.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I knew he would be nominated after a good game. Hope he wins the honor.

Off topic but football is just better on Monday Night when your team wins on Sunday.

I know that's right!!!

powerfuldragon
09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
it takes forever for the actual football to start on espn mnf.

Double Barrel
09-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Football in general is better when you've got a QB that can actually play like an NFL QB. There have been so many times in the past five years that I'd get frustrated watching other team's QBs do even the simple things.

Same with the pass rush. It's brutal to watch most other teams when ours failed to even resemble a pro team at times.

I think those times are behind us now. :)

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
it takes forever for the actual football to start on espn mnf.

Yep, 2 hours tonight. I guess it was due to the double header. What happened to the Hank Williams Jr. intro? Just doesn't seem like MNF without it. Hardly seems like it now that it's on ESPN anyways.

JDizzle
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Yep, 2 hours tonight. I guess it was due to the double header. What happened to the Hank Williams Jr. intro? Just doesn't seem like MNF without it. Hardly seems like it now that it's on ESPN anyways.

Doesn't seem like MNF without Al & John and ABC. It's weird how a network shift made me dislike MNF ... or maybe it was Joe Theisman. But, he's gone and I guess I should give it another shot. Al & John were great for MNF though, and them combined with flex scheduling is why SNF will be better than MNF for a while. Some of the MNF matchups last year were yawnfests.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Doesn't seem like MNF without Al & John and ABC. It's weird how a network shift made me dislike MNF ... or maybe it was Joe Theisman. But, he's gone and I guess I should give it another shot. Al & John were great for MNF though, and them combined with flex scheduling is why SNF will be better than MNF for a while. Some of the MNF matchups last year were yawnfests.

Al & John > Kornheiser

I mean look at the guy:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/tony.jpg or http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/mnf.jpg

JohnsonFan
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Doesn't seem like MNF without Al & John and ABC. It's weird how a network shift made me dislike MNF ... or maybe it was Joe Theisman. But, he's gone and I guess I should give it another shot. Al & John were great for MNF though, and them combined with flex scheduling is why SNF will be better than MNF for a while. Some of the MNF matchups last year were yawnfests. john does SNF right?

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Hello... Help, how about posting a link to where we can vote for him. I've looked and can't find it. Help us oldies find where to vote. Thank YOU

I'll see what I can find, if anything.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello... Help, how about posting a link to where we can vote for him. I've looked and can't find it. Help us oldies find where to vote. Thank YOU

From nfl.com:
This season, the NFL will select the GMC Defensive Player of the Week, culminating in the GMC Defensive Player of the Year award. Fans can vote on NFL.com after Monday Night Football each week.

JohnsonFan
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
oh aight after the game, thanks

TexanRevolution
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
From nfl.com:
This season, the NFL will select the GMC Defensive Player of the Week, culminating in the GMC Defensive Player of the Year award. Fans can vote on NFL.com after Monday Night Football each week.

That deserves a new thread!

Leahmic223
09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Actually MNF is just kind of depressing.

Why?

Because we don't have one this year and I can't remember the last time we got one. Now last year the Saints got one after a horrible year, I see next week the Redskins get one...WTH did they do to get one? Why not the Chargers and the Pats or i'd rather see Indy at Tenn...but what did the Redskins do to get that honor?

I think next year we shall get one. I think we will be playing on Sunday night though folks, because weeks 4-7 we have a REALLY good chance at winning at least 3 of those games...I think its Miami, ATL, Jags, and Tenn not sure about the order or if we are at home...so with that said we then play the Chargers and then oakland. So I think by the time they do the Flex Schedule I seriously think we can be 7-2 or 6-3. I seriously think so, we'll see as the weeks go by though, a good outing against the Panthers and hopefully a win then I see us winning 10 this year.

awtysst
09-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Ok everyone,
I want all of yall to vote for Mario for Defensive player of the week. Lets get some positive coverage on our team and getting our guys to win the award is a start, so everyone do your part and vote!!!

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

Leahmic223
09-11-2007, 01:57 AM
I just did, hope he wins it. Could do some positive things to his confidence then.

Scooter
09-11-2007, 02:30 AM
voted. some decent competition; but how could 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, and a 38yd touchdown not be the defensive player of the week?

BSofA04
09-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Thank you so much for that poll, positive coverage is welcome around here! ESPN had a similiar one, but I'm still trying to find that.

YellerLotYeller
09-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Done....but I have a feeling Geathers or Vrabel will get it.

BSofA04
09-11-2007, 03:29 AM
OK, I'm confused....
ESPN had Mario Williams as a candidate for the "GMC Defensive Player of the Week". They said to go to ESPN.com and search GMC for the poll. When I did this, I couldn't find anything relevant. Is this the same poll as the one NFL.com is conducting? Man BSPN...errr....ESPN sucks. Anyone know what's going on?

YellerLotYeller
09-11-2007, 03:46 AM
I hate espin so much....here is the only poll (http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=3144) I found with mention of the Texans

3) The Texans scored their first win in an opener since 2003 and have won 3 straight dating back to last season. Will the Texans be a .500 team this year?

alphajoker
09-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Vote here.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

WaywardTexanFan
09-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Sad item of note about the voting on the NFL website is that the site does not record your IP. So anyone can sit at their computer and vote again & again & again... If they have enough time on their hands.

PapaL
09-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Sad item of note about the voting on the NFL website is that the site does not record your IP. So anyone can sit at their computer and vote again & again & again... If they have enough time on their hands.

Well I did my part, 10 votes. :texflag:

(Just click refresh for those of you interested in giving Mario multiple votes)

Thorn
09-11-2007, 08:02 AM
I voted for Mario :texflag:

GlassHalfFull
09-11-2007, 08:06 AM

Yes, it is sad. Thank you for the instruct.... err, I mean warning.:d:

HJam72
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM

You mean like Mario Williams? :shades:

Htownsportsfan
09-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Just a note but on NFL Total Access this morning Terrell Davis picked Mario as his player of the week over the other Nominees. I hope this is a pattern and the spot light will not just be on Mario when he struggles, but also when he performs well.

TheBigpaki
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
YEa I voted 40 some times. NOthing better to do at school! I probably will go back and vote some more.

GO MARIO

Ole Miss Texan
09-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Any idea when we will get to see the results?

Maybe not the final results but just updated percentages, I know most of the other polls show you as it stands now and how many votes there have been.

powerfuldragon
09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
they should show total votes and graphs.

GlassHalfFull
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I can see why they don't show the results as it goes, people could really jump on a player's bandwagon depending on how the early polling went. It is probably best they only show the final result. But it would be nice to know if I can stop voting.:specnatz:

Buffi2
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I voted, voted, and voted some more as I was listening to Kubiak's presser from yesterday. Nothing like multi tasking by a person who has nothing better to do.

mike moffat
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I did my part.

Mike Kerns
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I voted for Mario. Geathers should probaly win, but I think Vrabel will due to the New England bandwagon, which is bigger than ever. All three had really good games, IMO.

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I don't know, Vrabel was a Buckeye..... (I kid, I kid - unlike certain fans I can separate my college fandom from my pro!).

Brando
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
:texflag:

Added my vote(s).

Hardcore Texan
09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I got my votes in, and sent emails with the link out to friends and asked them to vote.

Go Mario!!!!

HuttoKarl
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM

I have nothing but time. Got three hours till I go home. That's a lot of votes.

HuttoKarl
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I can see why they don't show the results as it goes, people could really jump on a player's bandwagon depending on how the early polling went. It is probably best they only show the final result. But it would be nice to know if I can stop voting.:specnatz:

You can't stop voting.

JohnsonFan
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
just voted! go mario!

mexican_texan
09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Actually, they could just set up a script that would vote 500,000 times for them.

CPH-DK
09-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I think Mario will win it.

He has gotten the most attention.(can I say that?)

And i only gave him 5 votes. :fans:

HuttoKarl
09-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I think Mario will win it.

He has gotten the most attention.(can I say that?)

And i only gave him 5 votes. :fans:

I voted for an hour.

Cjeremy635
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I voted for an hour.

Yeah, I must have voted 100 times yesterday evening. Hopefully it will pay off. Does anyone know when they taly the votes and crown the winner?

HOU-TEX
09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, it appears Mario has won "defensive player of the week". Good job everybody.:d:

The NFL announced today that Texans defensive end Mario Williams was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week, capturing the award for the first time in his career.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3615

real
09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Man, a big smile just came over my face.

I'm happy for the guy.

Now keep it up!

Seņor Stan
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, it appears Mario has won "defensive player of the week". Good job everybody.:d:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3615

Mario won the Defensive Player of the Week that the NFL puts out!

The GMC fan vote is yet to be determined.

jlam
09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Actually MNF is just kind of depressing.

Why?

Because we don't have one this year and I can't remember the last time we got one. Now last year the Saints got one after a horrible year, I see next week the Redskins get one...WTH did they do to get one? Why not the Chargers and the Pats or i'd rather see Indy at Tenn...but what did the Redskins do to get that honor?

I think next year we shall get one. I think we will be playing on Sunday night though folks, because weeks 4-7 we have a REALLY good chance at winning at least 3 of those games...I think its Miami, ATL, Jags, and Tenn not sure about the order or if we are at home...so with that said we then play the Chargers and then oakland. So I think by the time they do the Flex Schedule I seriously think we can be 7-2 or 6-3. I seriously think so, we'll see as the weeks go by though, a good outing against the Panthers and hopefully a win then I see us winning 10 this year.

C'mon now, you know good and well why that game was on MNF and it was for good reason.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the sense that the Texans don't deserve at least one appearance, but that was a poor example.

And congrats to Mario by the way.

HOU-TEX
09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Mario won the Defensive Player of the Week that the NFL puts out!

The GMC fan vote is yet to be determined.

I understand that. I didn't want to start a new thread. Take notice of the snippet I quoted.

The NFL announced today that Texans defensive end Mario Williams was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week, capturing the award for the first time in his career.

Seņor Stan
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM

I figured when you wrote "Good job everybody" you thought that it was for the fan vote. No harm no foul....

It's time to celebrate:fans:

Mario deserves it.

JohnsonFan
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
yea baby!

mexican_texan
09-12-2007, 06:08 PM
C'mon now, you know good and well why that game was on MNF and it was for good reason.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the sense that the Texans don't deserve at least one appearance, but that was a poor example.

And congrats to Mario by the way.
I agree.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Why do the Bills get MNF games this year, but not the Texans?

Leahmic223
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Why do the Bills get MNF games this year, but not the Texans?

What i've been trying to say man. Washington gets one, Tennesse gets two, Buffalo, Atlanta gets two, Minnesota gets one,

awtysst
09-13-2007, 01:18 AM
What i've been trying to say man. Washington gets one, Tennesse gets two, Buffalo, Atlanta gets two, Minnesota gets one,

Washington: They are playing Philly. Some people see the Skins as a team on the rise and McNabb is always a rating draw.

Tennessee: Vince Young is called an "exciting NFL player". Nuff said.

Buffalo: Buffalo has a young exciting back in Lynch and are playing "America's Team"

Atlanta: Vick(prior to the scandal) was a rating draw and the "most exciting football player in the league". The schedule was announced and created prior to the dog fighting charges surfaced.

Minnesota: Its Chicago. Bears-Vikings is a premium matchup between what people thought as the possible contenders for the Norse Divsion title. Plus, it will be fun to see Mr. Urlacher going after Mr. Peterson. Plus, the battle of the Petersons! What more could you want?!

Leahmic223
09-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Washington: They are playing Philly. Some people see the Skins as a team on the rise and McNabb is always a rating draw.

Tennessee: Vince Young is called an "exciting NFL player". Nuff said.

Buffalo: Buffalo has a young exciting back in Lynch and are playing "America's Team"

Atlanta: Vick(prior to the scandal) was a rating draw and the "most exciting football player in the league". The schedule was announced and created prior to the dog fighting charges surfaced.

Minnesota: Its Chicago. Bears-Vikings is a premium matchup between what people thought as the possible contenders for the Norse Divsion title. Plus, it will be fun to see Mr. Urlacher going after Mr. Peterson. Plus, the battle of the Petersons! What more could you want?!

So if Washington is a team on the rise what are we?

I mean...you'd think we'd get the Saints game at least. I am tired of being the loser of the NFL, I hope we can get it straight this year and at least win 8...at least.

Noblesse Oblige
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Robert Geathers of Cincy won it

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6275

Geathers had four tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and an interception in the Bengals' 27-20 win over the Ravens. Geathers contributed to three different turnovers that led to the three Bengals' touchdowns with his first-quarter fumble recovery, his third-quarter sack and his fourth-quarter interception.

JDizzle
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Wasn't he the guy that knocked out Trent Green with that blow to his head?

Noblesse Oblige
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Wasn't he the guy that knocked out Trent Green with that blow to his head?

the same; that was a clean hit though, Green started his slide after Geathers was in the air.

Edited: and pushed by a KC lineman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrzOrPUfX4

TexanAddict
09-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Robert Geathers of Cincy won it

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6275

Mario came in second:

More than 48,900 fans voted this week on NFL.com and Geathers pulled 46 percent. Texans end Mario Williams received 29 percent, Lions defensive end DeWayne White 13 percent, Vikings tackle Kevin Williams nine percent, and Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel three percent.

Brando
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Mario came in second:

I think a big reason the Cincy player won it is because he was on National Television.

I am glad Mario won the NFL honor instead of the fan vote.

Noblesse Oblige
09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I think a big reason the Cincy player won it is because he was on National Television.

I am glad Mario won the NFL honor instead of the fan vote.

Definitely.