PDA

View Full Version : Austin is standing up to KEYE.

rockabilly
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
WOW. So I just got done replying to 40+ emails sent to my KEYE42SUCKS.com site.

People are really aggrevated in Austin. Not just us board members. Alot of the people writing in read about the site in the Austin Chronicle and Austin American Statesman. People are all sending in their Vinson letters/replies and looking for refuge. I point them all to Third Base bar.

I should take my video camera and film the whole bar chanting "KEYE SUCKS" and post in on YOUTUBE.

Of course, there were a couple of "I hope you die", "Cowboys have 5 rings - Texans suck" emails... But those are unintelligent replies.

Go Texans.

Hookem Horns
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
LOL, I just noticed you are linking to this board. That explains many of the new sign ups today. Great job in getting the word out btw.

rickyb
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
WOW. So I just got done replying to 40+ emails sent to my KEYE42SUCKS.com site.

People are really aggrevated in Austin. Not just us board members. Alot of the people writing in read about the site in the Austin Chronicle and Austin American Statesman. People are all sending in their Vinson letters/replies and looking for refuge. I point them all to Third Base bar.

I should take my video camera and film the whole bar chanting "KEYE SUCKS" and post in on YOUTUBE.

Of course, there were a couple of "I hope you die", "Cowboys have 5 rings - Texans suck" emails... But those are unintelligent replies.

Go Texans.

Well done, rockabilly. Well done.

THIRD BASE -- if you are reading/observing, this is the "market opportunity" to which I referred. You can reasonably expect a wave en masse of Texans fans hungry for Texans football this weekend!!
:fans:

TEXANSFAN1
09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Just heard it on the Radio as well. KVET fm afternoon DJ in Austin made mention of KEYE's crap and said although he liked Vince Young he would rather watch the TEXANS since they are a Texas team.

It's starting to hit the fan.

:pirate:

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Good job Rockabilly and everyone else who has gotten involved... It starts with a couple and builds to an undeniable movement. Keep it up and I will do my part here in Houston....

:texflag:

salinaspaul
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm outta the loop - what happened?

axman40
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I can hear the spin from Gary Vinson. It went according to plan by depriving the Texans' fans , it spurred them into action.Blah Blah Blah Keye 42 still suxs!

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm outta the loop - what happened?

Start at the beginning of this thread: Big Shock KEYE............. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41596)

GuerillaBlack
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Great job. Hopefully KEYE starts to see the movement. Seriously, why would you show Tennesee Titan games when you are the Capitol of Texas?

hobie
09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I am glad you guys are getting a reaction now !! I just want to know, what will you guys do once they come around AND start showing the Texans on a weekly basis, will you stay at home and watch it or still support the bars or places that have been showing it. It's like a catch 22 for ya'll.. Save $$ and watch it in the comfort of your homes or still support the places that showed it all these years..That's a tough call you will have to make, but I applaud your efforts to get under the skin of KEYE and to force a change !!

DiehardChris
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Personally, I like watching the game in the comfort of my own home - and uh... being able to monitor fantasy stuff on my laptop during the games.

HOWEVER - the get together at 3rd Base was SO much fun that I can totally see myself continuing to do that even when KEYE shows the games. The noise we made was so loud - it just felt good to be around other Houston Texan fans. Loved it.

So, to answer the previous question - I think I might see most of the games at 3rd Base regardless of what KEYE does.

Kaiser Toro
09-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I am glad you guys are getting a reaction now !! I just want to know, what will you guys do once they come around AND start showing the Texans on a weekly basis, will you stay at home and watch it or still support the bars or places that have been showing it. It's like a catch 22 for ya'll.. Save $$ and watch it in the comfort of your homes or still support the places that showed it all these years..That's a tough call you will have to make, but I applaud your efforts to get under the skin of KEYE and to force a change !!

I think fan involvement in experiencing the game together and the issue with K-Eye are linked only to a certain point once the Texans begin to win.

There are plenty of Houstonians in this market and eventually those folks will want to go view with other like fans in a bar environment as we are social creatures who like to thump chests when the times are good. The beginning of this was to have a home for Austin Texans fans, not fight KEYE. The Texans progress and KEYE's actions are the gasoline and match in this scenario.

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I think fan involvement in experiencing the game together and the issue with K-Eye are linked only to a certain point once the Texans begin to win.

There are plenty of Houstonians in this market and eventually those folks will want to go view with other like fans in a bar environment as we are social creatures who like to thump chests when the times are good. The beginning of this was to have a home for Austin Texans fans, not fight KEYE. The Texans progress and KEYE's actions are the gasoline and match in this scenario.

I agree, I like being around others who enjoy the Texans and being able to :highfive: and cheer the Team on and just have fun.

BigWig
09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Heck I am paying for the NFL Ticket and still would go to the bar instead!
The revolution is better in numbers, those who sit at home need to get involved.:fans:

axman40
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Heck I am paying for the NFL Ticket and still would go to the bar instead!
The revolution is better in numbers, those who sit at home need to get involved.:fans:
So that is why we never had a couch revolution!
:pirate:

rickyb
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Personally, I like watching the game in the comfort of my own home - and uh... being able to monitor fantasy stuff on my laptop during the games.

HOWEVER - the get together at 3rd Base was SO much fun that I can totally see myself continuing to do that even when KEYE shows the games. The noise we made was so loud - it just felt good to be around other Houston Texan fans. Loved it.

So, to answer the previous question - I think I might see most of the games at 3rd Base regardless of what KEYE does.

Given a choice between watching the game at home, and watching it like we did this past Sunday, I'm choosing Third Base. It was the raucous atmosphere, good service, and just being around a bunch of Texans fans.

KEYE already let the horse out of the barn.

Hookem Horns
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Alright, the first ad space goes to KEYE42Sucks.com. Here is the banner http://www.texanstalk.com/images/banners/keye42sucks.gif

rollinstone18
09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Alright, the first ad space goes to KEYE42Sucks.com. Here is the banner http://www.texanstalk.com/images/banners/keye42sucks.gif

:thumbup

Great ad!

Studdard64
09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey y'all, new to the board, but a Texan from the start.

I've contacted KEYE sponsors letting them know that myself, and anyone willing to listen to me, would not be using their products as long as KEYE aired the Titans.

I watched the game at the new Little Woodrow's down south, but would love to join the crowd at 3rd base this weekend. If it gets here in time, I'll be the guy in the Studdard jersey. If not I'll probably sport the DeMeco or Mario one instead.

Look forward to meeting some of y'all.

rockabilly
09-11-2007, 01:03 AM

VERY NICE. Thats awesome. Let's hope I have to increase my site bandwidth.

FatTabbyMama
09-11-2007, 01:08 AM

I saw several people at Third Base with their laptops up and running monitoring their fantasy teams. I'm guessing there is free Wifi in the area, if it's not provided by the bar directly.

And yes, I expect that KEYE will change their minds at some point this season, but I'm still planning on catching the games at Third Base as much as possible. Laying on the couch is nice, but it's much more fun to be part of a cheering crowd.

And hopefully this year we'll be doing A LOT of that! :texflag:

DiehardChris
09-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I saw the laptops too - but man, at 3B I'm having too much fun drinking beer and eating hot wings (getting sauce all over my hands and such) to want to mess with the laptop. I just don't want any distractions while I'm watching the game, and I know if I bring my computer I'll be in it nose-first the whole damn time. LOL

Anyway - yeah. 3B was just a lot of fun. Screw KEYE. I'll be there no matter what, schedule permitting.

Specnatz
09-11-2007, 10:19 AM

I've contacted KEYE sponsors letting them know that myself, and anyone willing to listen to me, would not be using their products as long as KEYE aired the Titans.

I watched the game at the new Little Woodrow's down south, but would love to join the crowd at 3rd base this weekend. If it gets here in time, I'll be the guy in the Studdard jersey. If not I'll probably sport the DeMeco or Mario one instead.

Welcome to the board! If you will shoot BigWig a message and give him your email so we can sorta have a head count that would be great. hope to see ya there on Sunday. If you have any questions feel free to ask and post your thoughts on what ever ya want for the most part.

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I saw the laptops too - but man, at 3B I'm having too much fun drinking beer and eating hot wings (getting sauce all over my hands and such) to want to mess with the laptop. I just don't want any distractions while I'm watching the game, and I know if I bring my computer I'll be in it nose-first the whole damn time. LOL

Anyway - yeah. 3B was just a lot of fun. Screw KEYE. I'll be there no matter what, schedule permitting.

Have you seen that commcerial, old father is trying to talk to his adult son, the wife says "he can't hear you, he's "telenetphoning" or something (on the phone saying "did you see that play?" watching Tv and typing on his laptop.)

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Yeah same here, I joined today while I was trying to get people to send hate mail for me to keye. I am glad we have a group of us and im not alone. My stupid roomate says Austin is Vince's town and I better get used to it. I like Vince and what he did for us but COME ON!! Ill be there this sunday, ill be alone so it would be nice to be welcomed. Ill be wearing my Texans first year draft hat, and am going out to get a battle red shirt. Come by and say hi, hey i might even buy you a beer :). I'll also have my blue dell laptop keeping up with fantasy football

Atrain

NitroGSXR
09-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah same here, I joined today while I was trying to get people to send hate mail for me to keye. I am glad we have a group of us and im not alone. My stupid roomate says Austin is Vince's town and I better get used to it. I like Vince and what he did for us but COME ON!! Ill be there this sunday, ill be alone so it would be nice to be welcomed. Ill be wearing my Texans first year draft hat, and am going out to get a battle red shirt. Come by and say hi, hey i might even buy you a beer :). I'll also have my blue dell laptop keeping up with fantasy football

Atrain
Hellooooooo.

Heh. Don't worry about buying us beers. Just get yourself down there to rock on our Houston Texans and tip the waitresses well! Make these people WANT us there!

BigWig
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I'll be chilling at home watching the game.:)

Do I have arrival times for the crew?

What crew? You mean the mass of fans that were there last week?
11am when the doors open!

NitroGSXR
09-11-2007, 08:38 PM
The crew can let me know. Last week, I was at Reliant.
Make the drive up here! It's only an hour away from San Antonio. It'll be worth it! Just as if you were actually at the game are the impressions that I'm getting. If just to say... K-EYE SUCKS... It's gonna be what I'm going to be chanting as I walk in the door. OH YEAH. Deaf accent and all!:fans:

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Before I joined this message board, a few days ago I wrote keye a pretty funny short letter and FINALLY got a response today. I personally thought this guy was full of it. Here is what I wrote followed by him.

Please remove the Texans from your sports page!! Why do you have them on there if you don't even support them. Shouldn't it be the Titans on there.

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE=

Adrian, thanks for writing to KEYE.

Your comments question KEYE's loyalty to the Houston Texans. That is a topic we know something about. We aired over 70 straight Texans games (every single one we could) and in the end, we were unfortunately left wondering where all the fans went.

First and foremost, its the local football fans in Austin who choose what games are aired on KEYE. We monitor the level of sports viewing every Sunday on KEYE and plan our schedules accordingly. Here is a little background on the Texans and KEYE:

In the Texans first season we aired 4 preseason and 14 regular season games by the Texans. That was every game available to us. In their second season we aired 4 preseason and 14 regular season as well. In the third season there were only 3 preseason games available, and we followed that with 14 regular season games. In their fourth season, we aired 4 preseason games, but only had access to 10 regular season games (and aired all of them). The other games were available on other networks.

In the fifth season, we aired the only 2 preseason games available to us, and in mid-season began to show some of the Titans games as well as the Texans. In the end, we aired 9 Texans games and 9 Titans games. Also during those five years we aired their pre-game specials, covered their training camps, and reported on them in KEYE Sports. It would be difficult to make the case that KEYE didn't give it up for the Texans, in fact, it would only be possible to make that case if you just simply ignored the facts..

The last All-Texans-All-The-Time game we showed was in Oct of last year, and in that game just 15,000 households tuned in (in a city of 602,340 households). The very next week we aired a Titans game and 54,0000 households tuned in. (A 260% increase in the number of fan's households that tuned in of their own free will) There were several games when 70,000+ fans tuned in. These results repeated throughout the remainder of the year.

I know for a fact that the Houston Texans franchise is very aware of this and are not too happy that a local college football hero playing for a team in another state attracts more viewers than their own team which is just 150 miles up the road. This result is after almost five years of KEYE airing every single Texans game we could get our hands on. It may be a sad fact for some, but its a fact none-the-less.

What I find interesting is the number of fans who want to then turn to the TV station and blindly blame them for the poor fan support of the Texans in Austin. It seems its all about everything (anything) BUT the poor performance of the Texans over the past five years (and the subsequent loss of fan interest).

We at KEYE (very obviously) would love for the Texans to have a great year and regain some of their fan base. Perhaps this is their year to do just exactly that. We can only hope that they field a strong team (looks good so far) and that football fans are attracted to it - that is how ball clubs are built.

We will have the Titans on in weeks one and two, then the Texans in weeks three, four, and five. I hope (and want to believe) the Texans fans will show up in larger numbers than they have in the past.

Again, thanks for writing in, my direct line is listed below, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Gary Vinson
Programming / Research Director
ph: 512.490.2159

NitroGSXR
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Before I joined this message board, a few days ago I wrote keye a pretty funny short letter and FINALLY got a response today. I personally thought this guy was full of it. Here is what I wrote followed by him.

Please remove the Texans from your sports page!! Why do you have them on there if you don't even support them. Shouldn't it be the Titans on there.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE=

Adrian, thanks for writing to KEYE.

Your comments question KEYE's loyalty to the Houston Texans. That is a topic we know something about. We aired over 70 straight Texans games (every single one we could) and in the end, we were unfortunately left wondering where all the fans went.

First and foremost, its the local football fans in Austin who choose what games are aired on KEYE. We monitor the level of sports viewing every Sunday on KEYE and plan our schedules accordingly. Here is a little background on the Texans and KEYE:

In the Texans first season we aired 4 preseason and 14 regular season games by the Texans. That was every game available to us. In their second season we aired 4 preseason and 14 regular season as well. In the third season there were only 3 preseason games available, and we followed that with 14 regular season games. In their fourth season, we aired 4 preseason games, but only had access to 10 regular season games (and aired all of them). The other games were available on other networks.

In the fifth season, we aired the only 2 preseason games available to us, and in mid-season began to show some of the Titans games as well as the Texans. In the end, we aired 9 Texans games and 9 Titans games. Also during those five years we aired their pre-game specials, covered their training camps, and reported on them in KEYE Sports. It would be difficult to make the case that KEYE didn't give it up for the Texans, in fact, it would only be possible to make that case if you just simply ignored the facts..

The last All-Texans-All-The-Time game we showed was in Oct of last year, and in that game just 15,000 households tuned in (in a city of 602,340 households). The very next week we aired a Titans game and 54,0000 households tuned in. (A 260% increase in the number of fan's households that tuned in of their own free will) There were several games when 70,000+ fans tuned in. These results repeated throughout the remainder of the year.

I know for a fact that the Houston Texans franchise is very aware of this and are not too happy that a local college football hero playing for a team in another state attracts more viewers than their own team which is just 150 miles up the road. This result is after almost five years of KEYE airing every single Texans game we could get our hands on. It may be a sad fact for some, but its a fact none-the-less.

What I find interesting is the number of fans who want to then turn to the TV station and blindly blame them for the poor fan support of the Texans in Austin. It seems its all about everything (anything) BUT the poor performance of the Texans over the past five years (and the subsequent loss of fan interest).

We at KEYE (very obviously) would love for the Texans to have a great year and regain some of their fan base. Perhaps this is their year to do just exactly that. We can only hope that they field a strong team (looks good so far) and that football fans are attracted to it - that is how ball clubs are built.

We will have the Titans on in weeks one and two, then the Texans in weeks three, four, and five. I hope (and want to believe) the Texans fans will show up in larger numbers than they have in the past.

Again, thanks for writing in, my direct line is listed below, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Gary Vinson
As much as I hate KEYE, that's a pretty good response from Vinson there.

Eh. Bleep him anway. We're still the local team despite the ratings.

Oh I've just went and done it! I'm now chanting KEYE SUCKS in my living room and my girlfriend is now giving me the "Where does one purchase straightjackets?" look.

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 09:22 PM

Oh I've just went and done it! I'm now chanting KEYE SUCKS in my living room and my girlfriend is now giving me the "Where does one purchase straightjackets?" look.

hahaha good response or not thats no excuse to turn coat on them. Yeah maybe they have sucked in the past but thats no reason to NOT give them a shot in the beginning for the season, and if they do bad then ok put the Titans on, I just want a chance.

Specnatz
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/bsmeter.gif

KEYE has no choice really, they have no access to the flaming meatballs the following three weeks. gary Vinson is feeding yall a line of bull**** a mile long and your buying it hook line and shinker. Gary will not rerlease the info based apon what is aired on the other network, and i wonder why? The info he provides is crap because in an email he sent me the numbers he shows is for Houston vs miami and tinbreads vs new England not for the the whole season. So that information is incorrect. He also promised in an article in the austin american statesman that he would start the season with the Texans again he lied. Gary is a liar and a scam artist who is making things up as he goes to appease the bosters of tisp university.

So to say he is being fair and balanced is more of a load of crap than those damn info commercials about buying realestate with no money and no credit.

By the way I used to be a loan officer and nationsBank so I know that is a load of crap.

BSofA04
09-12-2007, 12:46 AM

You should DVR the game though, this way KEYE doesn't have the excuse of "low viewership". But yeah, watching it with other fans is soo much better.

LonghornBabe
09-12-2007, 01:52 AM
The crew can let me know. Last week, I was at Reliant.

You should drive on up to Austin. (on your way....stop and pick me up in New Braunfels!!) :)

Specnatz
09-12-2007, 02:38 AM
You should drive on up to Austin. (on your way....stop and pick me up in New Braunfels!!) :)

I will pick you up and be the Designated Driver! I will get ya to there and back again, if you wish.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
You should DVR the game though, this way KEYE doesn't have the excuse of "low viewership". But yeah, watching it with other fans is soo much better.

Will that work?

BigWig
09-12-2007, 07:28 AM
That is a thought, when PinkEYE I mean KEYE does show the game and we are all at the bar , how do we raise the numbers?
Besides dont most people that are football diehards, especially AFC just watch wahtever game is on if they dont have the NFL Ticket?

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
That is a thought, when PinkEYE I mean KEYE does show the game and we are all at the bar , how do we raise the numbers?
Besides dont most people that are football diehards, especially AFC just watch wahtever game is on if they dont have the NFL Ticket?

Is there a way we could get another local news station to come see us protesting Keye, and maybe we can get shirts made. That would be awesome!!! Show the rest of Austin we are serious!!

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Your not going to get one station to report on bashing of another station. What you might get is a station reporting on rabid Texan fans gathering at a local watering hole, and what a great following the Texans have in the Austin area.

Specnatz
09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Also if you do not have a Neilsen box it does not matter what you watch because no one knows and you are not factored into the ratings which in nature are a complete guess work. Also, Neilsen does not have anyone who is a bigtime sports watcher with a box it is against there policy to do that because then regular shows lose out on numbers.

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Also if you do not have a Neilsen box it does not matter what you watch because no one knows and you are not factored into the ratings which in nature are a complete guess work. Also, Neilsen does not have anyone who is a bigtime sports watcher with a box it is against there policy to do that because then regular shows lose out on numbers.

Exactly, Neilsen is a joke. Here's how the ratings go according to KEYE. 30K boxes watch the Texans games, and 60K boxes watch the Titans game. So does that mean that the 30K Texans fans want to watch the Texans, and that 30K Texans fans want to watch "football" and the 30K Titans fans want to watch Vince and they combine for the 60K "viewers"?

30K Texan Fans watch Texans
30K Texan Fans + 30K Titan fans = 60K fans watching football

Either way ratings feed the bulldog (marketing budget). Right or wrong, that's the way things go. That being said, they can still suck it! X

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Your not going to get one station to report on bashing of another station. What you might get is a station reporting on rabid Texan fans gathering at a local watering hole, and what a great following the Texans have in the Austin area.

Well what if they go and then we say that we all pulled together since our Texans aren't being shown anymore, not mentioning who. They might do it!!

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Is there a way we could get another local news station to come see us protesting Keye, and maybe we can get shirts made. That would be awesome!!! Show the rest of Austin we are serious!!

Looks like the best medium is probably the Statesman since they've run a few reports on it already. Here's the email address for the guy that wrote the last story.

jmaher@statesman.com

Might be a good idea to invite him to 3rd Base to cover the watch party. :stirpot: If nothing else, then that might get more Texans fans to come out and join in.

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Here is what I emailed to jmaher@statesman.com My apologies to BigWig and group as I extended the invitation on behalf of the group with out expressed written consent. But hey, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We appreciate your coverage of our situation with the local television station and would like to extend an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area. 3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story.

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I e-mailed him too and also mentioned Rockabilly's website.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Here is what I emailed to jmaher@statesman.com My apologies to BigWig and group as I extended the invitation on behalf of the group with out expressed written consent. But hey, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We appreciate your coverage of our situation with the local television station and would like to extend an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area. 3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story.

why the appologies?

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
why the appologies?

I think it's more of a smartass disclaimer on my part. Give them an out if I make an ass out of myself at 3rd base. "Hookinreds...never heard of him, why are you here again".

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM

why the apologies?

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
why the apologies?

I think it's more of a smartass disclaimer on my part. Give them an out if I make an ass out of myself at 3rd base. "Hookinreds...never heard of him, why are you here again".

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM

Gotcha, what was the first story that was covered?

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 12:00 PM

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/09/07/0907Vince.html

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/09/07/0907Vince.html

Vince Young has not been able to banish Matt Schaub to the bench. Not yet, anyway. Despite rumors and blog entries to the contrary, the quarterbacks for the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans will be alternating snaps on KEYE-TV.

"We are in no way dumping the Texans," said Gary Vinson, programming/research director for KEYE. "That's Texans fans making things up as they go. I have never said anything like that. ... We're going to be doing what we did last year, going back and forth (between the teams)."

Young, however, will be getting the first two games as Tennessee opens the NFL season at Jacksonville on Sunday and then faces Super Bowl champion Indianapolis at home.

With the Texans being 150 miles away, they looked to be the natural home team for KEYE, which as a CBS affiliate has rights to AFC games. But problems arose as the Texans, an expansion team in its sixth season, struggled.

"We want the Texans to be a flourishing, vibrant franchise, but that hasn't happened," Vinson said Thursday.

Many fans became disgruntled when the Titans passed on a chance to take Young with the first pick of the 2006 NFL draft.

Young played his high school football in Houston and led the University of Texas to the 2005 national championship, the first for the school in 35 years.

When KEYE aired a Titans game last fall, Austin fans responded. The Titans game pulled in more than three times as many viewers as the Texans game that had aired the previous week

"It was a significant number, so we started showing some of the Titans," Vinson said.

rickyb
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM

What Mr. Vinson fails to account for: last year was an oddity. Taking my own feelings and attributing them to all Texans fans --- it was pretty obvious early on that with Carr at the helm, the season was sunk. I felt betrayed, and wanted Carr gone. My motivation to watch was at its lowest point. Ever.

So, Mr. Vinson fails to account for the COLOR behind the DATA (ie, 2006 was sunk; 2007 brings a fresh start with a viable football product). And he then applies the 2006 data to a new 2007 team.

Whatever.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
no wonder we got week 3 and 4...ughhh I hate that guy more and more now!!!

Hookem Horns
09-12-2007, 12:35 PM
What Mr. Vinson fails to account for: last year was an oddity. Taking my own feelings and attributing them to all Texans fans --- it was pretty obvious early on that with Carr at the helm, the season was sunk. I felt betrayed, and wanted Carr gone. My motivation to watch was at its lowest point. Ever.

So, Mr. Vinson fails to account for the COLOR behind the DATA (ie, 2006 was sunk; 2007 brings a fresh start with a viable football product). And he then applies the 2006 data to a new 2007 team.

Whatever.

That's exactly how it is. I was so pissed at this team last year for keeping Carr around that I didn't care to watch them either. This coming from a fan that built and runs one of the top Texans fan sites. I was willing to be proven wrong but when I was proven right, it really shook my confidence in the organization. Watching Carr last year had the same effect on me as someone running their fingernails down a chalk board. Having Carr singlehandedly losing the first Titans game for us by his fumbling, and having VY running that OT game winner in the second game pretty much made me want to burn all my Texans gear. Of course this was made worse by the Texans extending Carr and passing on VY (allowing him to go to Bud) which at the time made them look like idiots.

Dumping Carr and miraculously picking up Schaub (a young guy that has already put in his learning time on the sidelines) went a long way to erasing the ill feelings I had last year. Part of the reasons for my ill feelings were I felt they would dump Carr a year too late and we would be stuck with some washed up vet (i.e. Jake Plummer) or some second rate rookie that wouldn't measure up to VY or Leinhart, the 2 guys they passed on.

Also, if Mario and Travis Johnson both pan out the Texans are going to be in great shape in both W's and L's and in the PR department with the fans since most fans hated both of those picks.

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I just heard back from John Maher from the Statesman. He said that he'll try to make it out this Sunday to Third Base.

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 01:26 PM
John Maher from the Statesman replied back thanking me for the invitation and that he would try to swing by. He understands that there are a lot of upset Texan fans in Austin and he'll keep an eye on things to see if there is another story to do.

barrett
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Great idea inviting the media down to 3rd Base! I gotta tell ya, 3rd Base is getting alot of help from us. From bringing more people to a new sports bar to including them in our media coverage as the "home base" for Austin Texans fans. I hope in the end that their management sees this and responds by being really attentive to this opportunity to develop a permanent client base.

Any word on that banner?

b

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Great idea inviting the media down to 3rd Base! I gotta tell ya, 3rd Base is getting alot of help from us. From bringing more people to a new sports bar to including them in our media coverage as the "home base" for Austin Texans fans. I hope in the end that their management sees this and responds by being really attentive to this opportunity to develop a permanent client base.

Any word on that banner?

b

Does anyone know the manager/owner? Maybe we can get Texans specials by wearing Texans gear on sunday's.

Yankee_In_TX
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know the manager/owner? Maybe we can get Texans specials by wearing Texans gear on sunday's.

I think they're working on that. As I have found out here - if you can drop 20+ people in a sports bar on Sunday afternoon, they tend to be willing to work with ya' :)

Specnatz
09-12-2007, 04:28 PM
RickyB has talked to them he would and should be the one to discuss that with them. since he has been the front man on us being at ThirdBase.

Tedc
09-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I just realized that it is Saturday, September 15 about 6:30 am and

Keye42 still sucks!

hookinreds
09-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Amen brotha!

Specnatz
09-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I just realized that it is Saturday, September 15 about 6:30 am and

Keye42 still sucks!

4 hours later and they still suck and Gary Vinson is still a http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/sign-lameass.gif

michaelm
09-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't live in Austin, but thought I'd pitch in to a small degree.

The following emails are from an email address I set up (the emails have been put in chronological order), boycottkeye42@gmail.com:

-----Original Message-----
From: boycott keye42 [mailto:boycott.keye42@gmail.com (https://mail.google.com/mail?view=cm&tf=0&to=boycott.keye42@gmail.com)]
Sent: Fri 9/14/2007 7:18 PM
To: Vinson, Gary A
Subject: One more voice

Mr Vinson,

I would like to add my name to the list of Texans fans who are currently
showing their displeasure at KEYE42's decision to show Titans games instead
of Texans games.
I'm sure you've heard every conceivable argument for both sides of this
topic, so I won't burden you with any more.

I will be contacting as many of your advertisers as I can to voice my
opinion as well. This will be done respectfully, as I know you are only
doing your jobs.
I just want my voice to be heard, and if enough voices join, you will be
persuaded to change your decision on the matter.

Good day.

On 9/14/07, Vinson, Gary A <gavinson@keyetv.com> wrote:
Thanks for writing to KEYE. Your logic that you know I am just doing my job, but you'll act out anyway is a little fuzzy to me, but more importantly, your comments seem to suggest that you believe game selection on KEYE is a personal decision on my part - which is completely incorrect.

Its the local football fans in Austin who choose what games are aired on KEYE. We monitor the level of sports viewing every Sunday on KEYE and plan our schedules accordingly. Perhaps a little background on the Texans and KEYE would help provide an explanation.

We at KEYE (very obviously) would love for the Texans to have a great year and regain some of their fan base. Perhaps this is their year to do just exactly that. We can only hope that they field a strong team (looks good so far) and that football fans are attracted to it - after all, that is how ball clubs are built.

Gary Vinson

My Response:

Mr. Vinson,

I bridled somewhat at your usage of the words "act out", but that isn't what prompted me to respond. I realize that the decision to air Titans games is based on numbers. My intent, and the intent of others that I am associated with, is simply to amass sufficient numbers to convince your station that it is in it's best interest (financially) to resume showing Texans games. Your bottom line is based on revenue, we intend, quite simply, to win this numbers game.
This is nothing personal against you, just as you would say that your decision is nothing personal to Texans fans.
The ground swell of emotion for VY will eventually subside, and you will have created a environment of ill will in it's wake for all Texans fans. This seems short sighted, in my opinion. Had you decided to show Texans games instead of Titans games, you would not have created such an emotionally charged issue... college fans don't expect television stations to constantly cater to their flavor of the day, and follow the pro teams that have drafted their college heroes... local people do expect you to show games of local or regional significance.

Mean Machine
09-15-2007, 10:43 PM
vinson's flawed numbers:

He states that keyesucks was all Texans all the time until October 2006.

Lets look a bit closer.

Texans schedule 2006:
Oct 1 miami @ Houston, 17-15, Texans record, 1-3
Oct 8-bye
Oct 15-Houston @ dallas, 6-34, Texans 1-4
Oct 22-jax @ Houston, 27-7, Texans 2-4
Oct 29-Houston@ titans, 22-28, Texans 2-5
all games on cbs/keyesucks

Now which one of these games drew 15,000 viewers?

miami?
Dallas?
jax?
Tenn?

quote vinson:
"The last All-Texans-All-The-Time game we showed was in Oct of last year, and in that game just 15,000 households tuned in (in a city of 602,340 households). The very next week we aired a Titans game and 54,0000 households tuned in. "

He's making these numbers work how HE wants to make them work!

titans Oct 2006 sched:
Oct 1-dallas @ ten(fox game) 45-14
oct 8-titans @ indy, 13-14
oct 15-titans @ washington, 25-22
oct 22-bye
oct 29-Houston @ titans, 28-22
Now WHICH GAME DREW the 260% increase!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, could it be the colts game...compared to the Texans playing the dolphins??
Our boy vinson is not making an apples to apples comparison...
what was the rating for the Houston @ dallas game????

To quote Mark Twain:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Specnatz
09-15-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't live in Austin, but thought I'd pitch in to a small degree.

The following emails are from an email address I set up (the emails have been put in chronological order), boycottkeye42@gmail.com:

Thank you for the support and I agree with you 100% well said.

Rep later yadda yadda.

:texflag:

Specnatz
09-15-2007, 11:01 PM
vinson's flawed numbers:

He states that keyesucks was all Texans all the time until October 2006.

Lets look a bit closer.

Texans schedule 2006:
Oct 1 miami @ Houston, 17-15, Texans record, 1-3
Oct 8-bye
Oct 15-Houston @ dallas, 6-34, Texans 1-4
Oct 22-jax @ Houston, 27-7, Texans 2-4
Oct 29-Houston@ titans, 22-28, Texans 2-5
all games on cbs/keyesucks

Now which one of these games drew 15,000 viewers?

miami?
Dallas?
jax?
Tenn?

quote vinson:
"The last All-Texans-All-The-Time game we showed was in Oct of last year, and in that game just 15,000 households tuned in (in a city of 602,340 households). The very next week we aired a Titans game and 54,0000 households tuned in. "

He's making these numbers work how HE wants to make them work!

titans Oct 2006 sched:
Oct 1-dallas @ ten(fox game) 45-14
oct 8-titans @ indy, 13-14
oct 15-titans @ washington, 25-22
oct 22-bye
oct 29-Houston @ titans, 28-22
Now WHICH GAME DREW the 260% increase!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, could it be the colts game...compared to the Texans playing the dolphins??
Our boy vinson is not making an apples to apples comparison...
what was the rating for the Houston @ dallas game????

To quote Mark Twain:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

I have been saying this for a long time he sent me emails saying the info was for Houst/Miami and Tits/Colts but then tells AAS in its article that it was averages for the entire year.

Well Garry which is it, which one are you lying about. But it is only us Texans fans making things up, right?

ziggy29
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
The last All-Texans-All-The-Time game we showed was in Oct of last year, and in that game just 15,000 households tuned in (in a city of 602,340 households). The very next week we aired a Titans game and 54,0000 households tuned in. (A 260% increase in the number of fan's households that tuned in of their own free will)
It would be nice to know details here. Are we comparing apples to apples here? In other words, if he's talking about a Texans game at the *same time* as a Cowboys game on Fox, and comparing it to a Titans game when there was NO competing NFL game on Fox, then these numbers are a joke.

Who is the opponent?
Was there a competing game on Fox at the same time?
Who was playing in the competing game on Fox?

The raw numbers are meaningless without this context.

For example, right NOW, September 16, the Titans are on against the Colts and there is NO competing game on Fox. Between featuring the defending Super Bowl champions and having NO competing game on Fox 7, of COURSE the viewership will be higher. If they show the Texans next week competing against another game on Fox and viewership drops, will KEYE blame the Texans for not "drawing" or Fox for not giving them a captive audience of football fans?

rickyb
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
It would be nice to know details here. Are we comparing apples to apples here? In other words, if he's talking about a Texans game at the *same time* as a Cowboys game on Fox, and comparing it to a Titans game when there was NO competing NFL game on Fox, then these numbers are a joke.

Who is the opponent?
Was there a competing game on Fox at the same time?
Who was playing in the competing game on Fox?

The raw numbers are meaningless without this context.

For example, right NOW, September 16, the Titans are on against the Colts and there is NO competing game on Fox. Between featuring the defending Super Bowl champions and having NO competing game on Fox 7, of COURSE the viewership will be higher. If they show the Texans next week competing against another game on Fox and viewership drops, will KEYE blame the Texans for not "drawing" or Fox for not giving them a captive audience of football fans?

I've been arguing "context" from square 1. Apparently, context is a concept which eludes the programming director. Oh, wait, that's right: the programming director isn't responsible for selecting the programming.

What a crock of BS.

michaelm
09-17-2007, 12:07 AM
The latest exchanges between me and Vinson

My Response:

Mr. Vinson,

I bridled somewhat at your usage of the words "act out", but that isn't what prompted me to respond. I realize that the decision to air Titans games is based on numbers. My intent, and the intent of others that I am associated with, is simply to amass sufficient numbers to convince your station that it is in it's best interest (financially) to resume showing Texans games. Your bottom line is based on revenue, we intend, quite simply, to win this numbers game.
This is nothing personal against you, just as you would say that your decision is nothing personal to Texans fans.
The ground swell of emotion for VY will eventually subside, and you will have created a environment of ill will in it's wake for all Texans fans. This seems short sighted, in my opinion. Had you decided to show Texans games instead of Titans games, you would not have created such an emotionally charged issue... college fans don't expect television stations to constantly cater to their flavor of the day, and follow the pro teams that have drafted their college heroes... local people do expect you to show games of local or regional significance.

I want to thank you (truthfully) for the most clear and thoughtful response I have received from anyone over the past weeks (bar none). That phrase I used has stuck in my head ever since I typed it. Clearly, I should choose my phrases more respectfully, and I promise I will.

I too have to admit I bridled a little at your comment that this wasn't personal. I have been personally attacked, insulted, and embarrassed from one end of the blogosphere to the other. The hidden irony is that I am the very person who implemented and enforced the All-Texans-All-The-Time policy on behalf of the Houston Texans franchise and their potential fan base. In the end, a small number of bandwagoners have managed to thoroughly alienate me from the cause that I championed and that they harp about. They've learnt me good. But that's not even the whole of it.

A viewer recently sent me a link to a Texans message board where Vince Young was the topic. There was one person that stood out from the rest; this person spoke (typed) respectfully and you could just tell the person was simply enjoying the talk about their favorite team. This person was apparently making plans to go to the next Texans viewing party but instead made a fatal error; this person said something favorable about Vince Young. The poster explained that VY had been a local hero of theirs in Houston and didn't see the problem in "enjoying" Vince as well as being able to root for the Texans.

I watched the other members of the board unceremoniously pounce, and very soon the person was repeatedly insulted and simply driven away. I also saw a local (self-described) business leader in Austin make a complete a** out of himself to a professional association over this. This whole thing has inspired what are (presumably otherwise) normal fans to publicly hope for Vince Young to have his legs broken so that they can see their game on Sunday. The morning of September 11th when a most of the country was either busy at work or perhaps reflecting on 2001 in some way, I had Texans fans emailing me with the most (forgive me) sophomoric outrage at not getting their game. Its a bit of a head-shaker.

The most common characteristic seems to be that no one wants to deal with the facts on the ground - more people choose to watch one team over the other (in significant numbers). Period. Instead, its about Nielsen, its me, its KEYE, its UT alumni running the town, it Vince Young, its Bud Adams, its CBS, its Texas pride, its local sports media not giving Houston a break, its the Cowboys, its the Oilers, its the Longhorns, its about expansion teams, its about who was born in Texas and who was not, its about 150 miles of highway, it anything and everything but the record of the Texans and the resultant size of their fan base in Austin.

To be fair, there have been a huge number of upset Texans fans who have been told the facts and have come to understood the issue, They certainly may not be happy about it, but they're not doing the brown acid over it either.

The thing that I liked about your response, is that you analyzed the info and cut right to the chase of whats on my mind. I am not so worried anymore about fan outrage, I have seen enough of it in all its glory (and cant effect it with the facts anyway), but your thoughts on expectations are interesting, and is something we think about regularly regarding this issue. Very insightful. My only problem is that when I showed the games, very few fans supported their team, repeatedly, for years.

Again, thanks for the email.

-Gary V

Mr. Vinson,
I have just come to realize the huge problem you will have if the Texans win next week against the Colts. As you say, the Texans will be shown on your station for the following three weeks. The audience for the Texans/Colts figures to be pretty large, perhaps rivaling the numbers you site for the Titans games you have shown. If the Texans somehow beat the Colts, the numbers for the next two Texans games will be huge, I think. Large enough to justify showing more games...
On the surface, this seems like a good situation for you, but it is not... you will be in a particularly large pickle at that point. If you switch back to showing Titans games, you will not only be disproving all of your previous explanations for removing the Texans from your lineup, you will face an even larger uprising than is currently happening.
On the other hand, if you decide to show the Texans, you will alienate all of the VY fans in your own back yard.
I do not envy you. The genie seems to be out of the bottle on this one. Even a Texans loss to the Colts may not change the eventual outcome I have described. If they win any two of the next three, you will come face to face with the monster that has been created.
Crank up the spin machine Mr. Vinson. You may well need it, and soon.

NitroGSXR
09-17-2007, 12:24 AM
A viewer recently sent me a link to a Texans message board where Vince Young was the topic. There was one person that stood out from the rest; this person spoke (typed) respectfully and you could just tell the person was simply enjoying the talk about their favorite team. This person was apparently making plans to go to the next Texans viewing party but instead made a fatal error; this person said something favorable about Vince Young. The poster explained that VY had been a local hero of theirs in Houston and didn't see the problem in "enjoying" Vince as well as being able to root for the Texans.

I watched the other members of the board unceremoniously pounce, and very soon the person was repeatedly insulted and simply driven away. I also saw a local (self-described) business leader in Austin make a complete a** out of himself to a professional association over this. This whole thing has inspired what are (presumably otherwise) normal fans to publicly hope for Vince Young to have his legs broken so that they can see their game on Sunday. The morning of September 11th when a most of the country was either busy at work or perhaps reflecting on 2001 in some way, I had Texans fans emailing me with the most (forgive me) sophomoric outrage at not getting their game. Its a bit of a head-shaker

LOL! Is he talking about JohnsonFan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? In the first paragraph?

Then the business leader would be Hookem, I'd assume?

Kaiser Toro
09-17-2007, 07:29 AM
The latest exchanges between me and Vinson

Thanks for sharing. I can see his arguement, but it still shows Vinson and his team had zero vision in what the Titans and the Texans would look like this year. Moreover, there is no back bone at KEYE. In the corporate world you will get walked for this eventually, and usually it is because it is not a right fit between the employee and the role/function. Burnt Orange is for Saturdays and I do not see any #10's wearing Burnt Orange on Sunday with the name Young on the back.

Best of luck to KEYE and Vinson, they are going to need it.

Signed,
A Horn's, VY and Texans' fan.

Blake
09-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Time Warner just lost another customer because of KEYE's decision.

Looks like I am going to have to "settle" with the NFL NETWORK and NFL Sunday Ticket via Direct TV. ;)

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 08:16 AM
So lets say we beat the Colts and the Titans continue to lose, will Ksucks jump on the bandwagon. I for one am making myself a home at 3rd base for the rest of the season, it was too much fun.

Hookem Horns
09-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Then the business leader would be Hookem, I'd assume?

That would NOT be me. First off, I have never "described" myself as a "business leader". I rarely even talk about what I do for a living. I am confident that only a very small handful of you here even know what I do for a living. While I am based out of Austin, 99% of my clients are in other states. Besides what I have posted on this site, and adding that banner to the KEYE42Sucks.com, I haven't made any other noise on this to anyone else, especially to a "professional association".

Actually, I am curious whom he is referring to. It might be somebody not even related to this board or site.

rockabilly
09-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I feel slightly bad for KEYE and Vinson because it is not a winnable battle for them.

Because they chose to go the route of Texans/Titans, they have put themselves in a position to be angered at with whatever choice they choose.

If the Texans were that bad, they should of switched to the top game of the week...not the Titans. That way, when the Texans got better, going back would be smooth. "Titans fans in Austin" want to just watch Vince Young run around. Guess what, they can get that on the local highlights. I bet most aren't even watching the screen when the Titans defence is on.
But since they did it this way, they set themselves up for failure.

Unfortunatley this is KEYE's fault and they will have to deal with it.

I do not have a personal vendetta with Gary Vinson as a person and have NEVER personally attacked him. My website is KEYE sucks. Not GVinson sucks.

rockabilly
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Self described local business leader?

I really want to know who he is referring to in this statement.

Is he trying to talk about me because I own a national magazine out of Austin, which would make them the "professional organization"?

hookinreds
09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Why does it always have to be about you??? Gosh, how self centered. :user:

Hookem Horns
09-17-2007, 11:26 AM
KEYE and Vinson screwed up by starting the season with the Titans (bottom line). They would not be in this mess if they just started the season with the local team like they have in the past. They could have easily explained to the VY Titans "fans" that they are obligated to carry the local team. Since most of those "fans" are either Cowboys fans or not even real NFL fans there would not have been such a backlash. If the Texans continued to be an inept organization and all the optimism for this season wayned after a few weeks into the season, they could have switched over to the Titans with little backlash from Texans fans.

Judging by what I have been reading on that Longhorns messageboard, many of those "fans" that were wanting to see VY are now jumping back on the Texans bandwagon with many admitting they were just frustrated with the Texans. Now that the Texans are starting to look like a real team the tune is changin. See exhibit A http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5203750&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1

The Texans are going to be on KEYE by default (no Titans games to show) for the few couple of weeks. If they keep playing well and winning KEYE will not go back to the Titans. Why? Because the demand won't be there. The Texans will be the new "flavor of the month" here in Austin.

hookinreds
09-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Ok I’m tired and it all made since when I started. If it makes absolutely no sense I’m sure I’ll hear about it in a couple hours when I wake up.

I felt like looking at the 2006 schedule and comparing it to what KEYE broadcast and the projected KEYE schedule. I just can’t believe that they are the “good guy” that they claimed to be. Turns out the NFL schedule was their best friend last year and allowed them to create this beast without much repercussion. Reason being is that there was little to no conflict for KEYE on picking between the Texans or the Titans for the first 12 games of the season. They showed the Texans 8 times in the first 12 weeks. There were only 3 true conflicts with the Titans during that stretch and KEYE chose to show the Texans 2 out of 3 of those conflicts (the other conflict was that the Texans v Cowboys, and even VY isn’t going to take the Cowboys off the TV). The first 8 games of the season, (including the Cowboy game) KEYE didn’t have to call the ball on whether to show the Texans or the Titans, the choice was made by the NFL when they created the schedule. By then we were 3-9 and basically Titans football in weeks 13,14,15,16, and 17 (14 was against the Texans).

Given that there are VY fans that are Texan fans and those that are also Cowboy fans and those that are just VY fans, VY is going to get viewers when there is a conflict with a Texans game but not when there is a Cowboy game (Austin is still more DAL than HOU), there are few “true” Titan fans that sold their self to The Devil a decade ago and can’t let go that will watch as well. Taking that into account, let’s look at what VY fan had to contend with last year. Let’s look at the scheduling conflicts that the VY fans had to work around. Should they watch the VY game or the DAL game? I’m going with the fact that VY followers are DAL fans as long as DAL isn’t playing at the same time, Texan fans as long as Texans aren’t at the same time. Problem is that VY had limited conflict with the Cowboys but matched up nearly week for week with the Texans schedule (albeit not necessarily on the same network).

VY conflicts with Texans 13 out of 17 weeks (2 of the 4 non conflicts were because of each teams BYE week the other 2 are because they play each other).
In contrast VY fan only had conflicts with the Cowboys in 3 of the 17 weeks, playing the Cowboys in week 4 doesn’t count.
That being said, if VY fan is also a Cowboy fan, they are obviously saying put the Titans game on instead of the Texans game, so they get two games they want to watch on those weeks. Being that Austin is a more of a Cowboy city than a Texan one, you can see how easily the numbers are in VY fans favor. What KEYE doesn’t realize is why, just that they are what they show on paper.

This season, KEYE only has to call the ball on 6 games where HOU and TN conflict, two of which have already gone to the Titans. One other game has the DAL playing NE on CBS which will be a conflict with HOU and TN, which I’m sure they will show DAL (Austin can’t be without a Cowboy game). Texans play two games against the NFC which will be on FOX, and one game on NFL network. That means that out of the 16 games that the Texans will play this year 13 have the opportunity to be televised on KEYE. KEYE has to call the ball on 7 of the 13. They have already chosen TN for the first 2, so that leaves 5 of the remaining 11 that are still in KEYE’s hands. The Cowboys play on CBS for week 6 and conflict with HOU and TN…they will pick DAL. So that makes 3 of the 7 that you can lock up as not being Texan games with the remaining 4 limbo games having HOU going in the same time slot TN in tow of the weeks (give those to HOU with KEYE knowing they will choose the TN games when they have the early games), and TN with 2 games early with HOU being the late game (chalk those up for TN).

If it works out this way…which doesn’t look to farfetched, KEYE will show 2 HOU games of the 6 where KEYE has to choose between HOU or TN…and then the 7th opportunity will go to DAL instead of HOU or TN.

VY conflicts with Texans 7 out of 17 weeks (2 of the 4 non conflicts were because of each teams BYE week the other 2 are because they play each other).
VY fan only has conflicts with the Cowboys in 4 of the 17 weeks. (15 possible weeks taking out the BYE weeks)
That being said, if VY fan is also a Cowboy fan, they are saying put the Titans game on instead of the Texans game, so they get two games they want to watch that week. Being that Austin is a more of a Cowboy city than a Texan one, you can see how easily the numbers are in VY fans favor.

Here’s a breakout of the schedule with “0” being a game KEYE didn’t have to pick; “-1” where there was a conflict and they picked TN “1” where they picked HOU in the conflict.

1 Titans (Texans on FOX; Cowboys not a conflict) 0
2 Texans (Titans were late; Dallas was night game) 0
3 No game (Texans on FOX; Titans not shown; Dallas was no conflict) 0
4 Texans (Titans played Dallas on FOX but game was a conflict) 0
5 Titans (Texans BYE; Titans played the Colts; Dallas no conflict) 0
6 Texans (Texans played Dallas; Titans conflict) Not going to miss a Dallas game in Austin 0
7 Texans (Titans BYE; Dallas was night game) 0
8 Texans/Titans (Dallas night game) 0
9 Texans (Titan conflict; Dallas conflict) 1
10 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas no conflict) -1
11 Texans (Titans conflict; Dallas no conflict) 1
12 Texans (Titans and Dallas night games 0
13 Titans (Texans late game but not show; Titans played Colts; Dallas no conflict) -1
14 Texans/Titans (Dallas night game) 0
15 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas night game) -1
16 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas night game) -1
17 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas conflict on Fox) -1

1 Titans (Texans conflic; Cowboys not a conflict) x -1
2 Titans (Texans conflic; Cowboys not a conflict) x -1
3 Texans (Titans played Dallas at night on another station, no conflict) 0
4 Texans (Titans BYE; Dallas on FOX but game was a conflict) 0
5 Texans (Titans on FOX conflict; Dallas on Mon not a conflict) 0
6 Cowboys (playing NE on CBS; conflict with Texans and Titans) x -1
7 Texans play Titans; Dallas conflict on FOX 0
8 Titans (Titans early; Texans late; Dallas BYE) x -1
9 Texans (Titans on FOX early; Texans late; Dallas night game 0
10 Titans (Texans BYE; Dallas not a conflict) 0
11 Cowboys (Texans playing NO on FOX conflict; Titans late 0
12 Texans Titans conflict on CBS; Dallas no conflict x 1
13 Texans play Titans; Dallas not a conflict 0
14 Cowboys (Texans playing TB on FOX conflict; Titans early) 0
15 Texans (NFL on Thur; Titans early; Dallas late 0
16 Titans (Titans early; Texans late; no conflict; Dallas no conflict) x -1
17 Texans Titans conflict on CBS; Dallas conflict on FOX x 1

Tedc
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
We need to have KEYE42 SUCKS signs for the Colts games and try to get them on TV.

That would send a message to the VY jock-sniffing, UT loving, anti-Texan, double talking, lying, ignorant SOB.

hookinreds
09-19-2007, 11:58 AM
We need to have KEYE42 SUCKS signs for the Colts games and try to get them on TV.

That would send a message to the VY jock-sniffing, UT loving, anti-Texan, double talking, lying, ignorant SOB.

Just make sure CBS isn't anywhere on the sign and you might sneek one in there!

Tedc
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Just make sure CBS isn't anywhere on the sign and you might sneek one in there!

K-EYE is going down. They will be swamped with questions on why they won't show the Texans.

BigWig
09-19-2007, 03:51 PM
If anyone can do it I know the Bullpen can!

Mr. White
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
A "K-EYE Sucks" sign in the Bullpen would make my year.

Specnatz
09-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Awsome idea Ted.

Tedc
09-20-2007, 05:31 AM
A "K-EYE Sucks" sign in the Bullpen would make my year.

Maybe I will get my daughter to work on it for me. I am not very artistic.

DiapHer
09-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Maybe I will get my daughter to work on it for me. I am not very artistic.

If anyone can do it Ted can, he is VERY good at getting people to hold signs and being HEARD and SEEN!!!

Specnatz
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
If anyone can do it Ted can, he is VERY good at getting people to hold signs and being HEARD and SEEN!!!

Every game I see Ted Yankee and Joe Texan (when the games are actually aired in Austin).

Mr. White
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Every game I see Ted Yankee and Joe Texan (when the games are actually aired in Austin).

It seems like I always see Overalls. At least I think it's Overalls. It's a guy wearing Overalls.

TexanExile
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
It seems like I always see Overalls. At least I think it's Overalls. It's a guy wearing Overalls.

Could be. If you see a guy wearing Underalls, though, you're probably in Austin and KEYE's just switched to the San Francisco game.

BigWig
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Dont forget Preston, Dean Jeff, GMA, Bullpen Andy, and Yank, they are all tv grabbers, seen em many times!

ValpoCory
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
One other game has the DAL playing NE on CBS which will be a conflict with HOU and TN, which I’m sure they will show DAL (Austin can’t be without a Cowboy game). ... The Cowboys play on CBS for week 6 and conflict with HOU and TN…they will pick DAL. …and then the 7th opportunity will go to DAL instead of HOU or TN.
6 Cowboys (playing NE on CBS; conflict with Texans and Titans) x -1

Luckily, the Cowboys play at 3pm CST on Sunday, so Gary Vinson will have to make a call.