PDA

View Full Version : Who's # 21?

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I told myself to remember his name so I could start a thread about him this morning, but I forgot as usual. This gut needs to step up his game. I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play. I'm not trying to be negative here. I'm excited about our play yesterday and think it gives us a lot to build on, but if we are going to win more than we lose this year, this guy needs to play up to pro standards. Put your helmet in their chest and lay em' out. I wanna' see snot bubbles! :cool:

michaelm
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
I told myself to remember his name so I could start a thread about him this morning, but I forgot as usual. This gut needs to step up his game. I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play. I'm not trying to be negative here. I'm excited about our play yesterday and think it gives us a lot to build on, but if we are going to win more than we lose this year, this guy needs to play up to pro standards. Put your helmet in their chest and lay em' out. I wanna' see snot bubbles! :cool:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html

Jamar Fletcher

TheIronDuke
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
He did force the fumble that MW took to the house.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play.

Phillip Buchanon????????????

TheIronDuke
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
i thought von hutchins forced the fumble...

You might be right. If so, my bad!

TheIronDuke
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Just read the Chron and it says Jamar Fletcher forced it.

nero THE zero
09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
You might be right. If so, my bad!

I believe Hutchins is the one that deflected the ball DRob intercepted.

TexansLucky13
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched Jamar for a few series. He is not a great tackler and his cover skills are iffy. Props to him on the fumble though.

Dunta and Petey are awesome, though.

texflex513
09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Who forced the eddie drummond fumble on special teams?

Cjeremy635
09-10-2007, 11:00 AM

Anderson? I know he was the one one who came up with the ball IIRC.

awtysst
09-10-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html

Jamar Fletcher
i thought von hutchins forced the fumble...

I think it was Fletcher, but not sure.

HOU-TEX
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM

#34 Von Hutchins. Anderson with the recovery. :d:

Lucky
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I thought it was Cook.

Leahmic223
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Wait...so Von Hutchins made 3 big plays?

Someone said he tipped the pass that Dunta INTed.
Then we have guys saying he forced both fumbles...

Edit

Just looked at our stats Von Hutchins forced no fumbles.

One was by Fletcher and the other was by DeMeco Dfense Ryans who also had 9 tackles.

real
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Von Hutchins caused D.Rob's pick AND he forced the fumble on that punt...

Jamar Fletcher caused the fumble which Mario scored on...

Everyone misses tackles...He should have made the play no doubt, but his play is helping us much more than it is hurting us...He's played pretty well actually...

HOU-TEX
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Fletcher caused the fumble that MW ran back.

Von Hutchins caused the tipped pass that Dunta picked and he caused the fumble by Drummond that Anderson recovered.:)

TexansLucky13
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Edit

Just looked at our stats Von Hutchins forced no fumbles.

One was by Fletcher and the other was by DeMeco Dfense Ryans who also had 9 tackles.

The stats for this week are completely bogus. I can't find two websites that have the same stats. Did someone forget that the season just started?

real
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM

If Demeco caused a fumble, I missed it.

I think that's an error.

I don't even think Demeco is on the punt team. In fact, I'd kinda be shocked if he was.

Leahmic223
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey you guys are confusing me lol.

Because NFL.com has DeMeco credited with a fumble and Fletcher is credited with one.

Leahmic223
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
The stats for this week are completely bogus. I can't find two websites that have the same stats. Did someone forget that the season just started?

Hmm must be so, because I don't remember Demeco getting a fumble either.

So I will wait till Monday to look at them.

TheIronDuke
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
If Demeco caused a fumble, I missed it.

I think that's an error.

I don't even think Demeco is on the punt team. In fact, I'd kinda be shocked if he was.

According to the Chron, DeMeco did cause that fumble on the punt team. I didn't know he was on the punt team either. What's that about?

real
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
It's an error. It wasn't Demeco.

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Demeco.

EDIT: I thought it was Demeco from the nfl.com. But if that's wrong, then so am I.

Hervoyel
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
The reason you guys are all confused over this is because I FORCED THE FUMBLE WITH THE POWER OF MY MIND!

Then to cover my tracks I "planted" a number of alternate stories with people around the stadium, hence all the confusion about what really happened. I'm going to try to do this again next week but I don't know if North Carolina is within my range. I'll give it my best shot though.

Seriously though I was walking back to my car at around 4:30-4:45 and I crossed paths with some drunk Texans fans who were going the other way on one of the bridges going over Kirby. One dude pointed to my Mario Williams jersey and shouted "MARIO WILLIAMS! YOU WON THE GAME FOR US TODAY!"

Drunks are great after a win. Not so much fun after a loss.

TheIronDuke
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Demeco.

EDIT: I thought it was Demeco from the nfl.com. But if that's wrong, then so am I.

I'm pretty sure it's DeMeco as John McClain said it was in his article and nfl.com has DeMeco with a FF. It had to have been DeMeco.

real
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Wasn't Demeco.

Lucky
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I just looked at the DVD, and it was Hutchins. Simmons held Drummond up and Hutchins stripped him.