PDA

View Full Version : Mario - 1 , VY and Bush - 0 !!!!!!

Dallas_Texan
09-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Mario has a TD this week.....Bush and VY...0 !!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

....sorry, couldn't help it!:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Sideline
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
...and a pair of sacks.

TD
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
VY has a touchdown.....rushing.

The1ApplePie
09-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Mario looked freaking nice this week, I have to admit.

jerek
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Beat me to it. Obviously time will prove consistent performance, but I hope I can go at least this week without hearing about what a bust he is. Amazing how good he looks with a year to improve and some help in the pass rush ...

I'd still like to see us be more aggressive defensively ... it's hard for our D-linemen to create pressure when we blitz so infrequently.

Noblesse Oblige
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
VY has a touchdown.....rushing.

and the Titans won in ugly fashion. But a win's a win

3 way tie at the top of the AFC South

ccdude730
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Beat me to it. Obviously time will prove consistent performance, but I hope I can go at least this week without hearing about what a bust he is. Amazing how good he looks with a year to improve and some help in the pass rush ...

I'd still like to see us be more aggressive defensively ... it's hard for our D-linemen to create pressure when we blitz so infrequently.

i noticed that as well. it was nice for us not having to send extra guys to get after the QB but more pressure will equate into more opportunities for the rest of the defense. i hope we do a little more blitzing next week

Marcus
09-09-2007, 04:06 PM

:confused: :um: That statement makes no sense.

jaybird
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
ya'll really need to stop comparing the boy to VY and Reggie... personally I don't think it's fair to him.

feebleminded
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
ya'll really need to stop comparing the boy to VY and Reggie... personally I don't think it's fair to him.

Great post. Who cares what VY or Bush are doing unless we are playing them.

TexansLucky13
09-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Great post. Who cares what VY or Bush are doing unless we are playing them.

The media cares.

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM

They are just trying to take a jab back at all the stupid ass media that has already labeled Mario a bust, and VY and RB hall of famers. And it's well deserved....so back off.

JohnsonFan
09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
MARIO!! i love u man!

jaybird
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
They are just trying to take a jab back at all the stupid ass media that has already labeled Mario a bust, and VY and RB hall of famers. And it's well deserved....so back off.

Back off? lol

I saw these fans cheering Vince last year when he BEAT the Texans...

Personally I say forget who plays on the other teams and cheer for whose on your team. Personally I hate comparing guys at different positions like this... especially when it's a DL vs a QB/RB. Because Mario will never be as much of a spotlight player as Vince or Reggie... just by the nature of the beast.

I just want Mario to be the best DE he can be... and he played VERY solid today.

Just voicing my opinion that i'm tired of Mario being compared to VY and Reggie... and not just by the fans but the media as well.

jerek
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
:confused: :um: That statement makes no sense.

How does it not make sense?

In its most basic form, at the risk of oversimplifying this, if we're rushing 4 DL and 2 LB, then 5 OL have to let someone get through. Could be the LB, could be the DE, could be the DT, but someone will probably get through. Quickly.

If we consistently rush 4 DL, then the extra OL gets the opportunity to help off on someone. Meaning, it is a lot harder for the DL to get through.

Of course you need to mix it up, work on DL moves, work a good secondary, etc. etc. It needs to be a lot of different things, but I think we'd benefit all the way around with more pressure.

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Back off? lol

I saw these fans cheering Vince last year when he BEAT the Texans...

Personally I say forget who plays on the other teams and cheer for whose on your team. Personally I hate comparing guys at different positions like this... especially when it's a DL vs a QB/RB. Because Mario will never be as much of a spotlight player as Vince or Reggie... just by the nature of the beast.

I just want Mario to be the best DE he can be... and he played VERY solid today.

Just voicing my opinion that i'm tired of Mario being compared to VY and Reggie... and not just by the fans but the media as well.

And so am I....I am just saying that it seems to me that the posters above your orignal post were just having some fun with the fact Mario had a good day......he has taken all of the bashing in the world unfairly.....and it is nice to jab back at all of the RB and VY lovers out there they never gave Mario a chance.

It has been posted on this board thousands of times that you shouldn't compare these various positions to each other.....I think we are all in agreement here. The true fans here have always embraced Mario, whether if they agreed with the pick right away or not.

feebleminded
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
The media cares.

http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Halloween/images/complete_zombie.JPG

Unless you are one of these, who cares what the media says.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
It's already on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNN1RXmfp8M

Bulluck53
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
3 way tie at the top of the AFC South

I believe we hold the crown for at least a week (tie goes to Division record) :splits:

jaybird
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
It's cool - i think we're on the same page... ;)

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
It's already on youtube.

That's so freaking sweet!!!

michaelm
09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Personally I say forget who plays on the other teams and cheer for whose on your team. Personally I hate comparing guys at different positions like this...

I couldn't agree more. Comparing a DE like Mario to a RB like Vince, and a WR like Reggie is way out of line..! :whip:

brakos82
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM
We've got the offense... we've got the defense... :fans:

JohnsonFan
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
It's already on youtube.

thats what i am talking bout baby!

Nawzer
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
That's the first thought that came to my mind after Mario scored. Well done Mario and let's hope there's more to come!

Wolf
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
That's the first thought that came to my mind after Mario scored. Well done Mario and let's hope there's more to come!

exactly. consistancy is the key

SheTexan
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
The media cares.

AMEN to that!! I've been listening to sports news, different channels, and all I hear is "Vince Young won the game today." NOT "The Titans won the game today." When they talk about the other teams it's alway the other way around. Like, The Texans won, the Steelers won, the Panthers won, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. BUT when it comes to Tenn it's always Vince Young won. I know he's the media's little darlin, even when he sucks, but this is really a little nauseating. JMO!!

jaybird
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
True - but on ESPN.com there is a nice article about 'Super Mario' leading the Texans to a win... which is usually the same way they talk about Vince leading his team to a win.

Silver Oak
09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
AMEN to that!! I've been listening to sports news, different channels, and all I hear is "Vince Young won the game today." NOT "The Titans won the game today." When they talk about the other teams it's alway the other way around. Like, The Texans won, the Steelers won, the Panthers won, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. BUT when it comes to Tenn it's always Vince Young won. I know he's the media's little darlin, even when he sucks, but this is really a little nauseating. JMO!!

and the thing is, he didn't even pass for 100 yards! his role was limited to doing a Pro Bowl job of handing off the ball.

amazes me that some here are saying the team didn't need him and he just did what was necessary?

IT'S MINDNUMBING! :gun:

SheTexan
09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR!!!! Some dude on NFL channel actually made the comment that the Titans didn't need Vince Young. THey won the game with a good running game against the Jags great D. I'm going to bed. Can't take such shocking news!!!!!!!!! lol