PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

GoChiefs
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Any Scout.com premium members here? Just read a great breakdown of the Chiefs/Texans matchup....

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/677269.html

Just wondering what you thought of the author's take...will the Texans really shut down LJ?

The Pencil Neck
09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Any Scout.com premium members here? Just read a great breakdown of the Chiefs/Texans matchup....

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/677269.html

Just wondering what you thought of the author's take...will the Texans really shut down LJ?

I'm not a premium member and haven't read the article but I'm interested in seeing what we can do against LJ this time. But I'm also interested in seeing how LJ is going to bounce back after 416 carries last year. I don't think he's going to be able to play this entire season unless they really limit his carries this year. He looked totally washed out against the Colts in the playoffs last year.

If the "good" LJ shows up, then we're going to have our hands full. We'll probably end up loading up the box and seeing if we can force you to try to beat us with Huard's arm. Unfortunately, your best option is going to be TG in the middle and that's going to be tough for us to stop.

If a tired, semi-broken, or out of shape LJ shows up, then we should be able to stop him pretty well.

I'm also really interested in seeing Huard. He didn't look good in pre-season. I'm hoping that continues.

jaybird
09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Depends on what kind of shape he comes in at... I think if there was any game where you could shut him down it'd be this one

V3rm0nt3r
09-08-2007, 04:41 PM
im still hoping that he's kept on a short leash by Edwards. he got in for what... 5 carries this preseason so don't expect him to have 30 carries. 15-20 maybe.

JohnsonFan
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
i think its a trick they need LJ if they want a chance to win they wont hold him back

TK_Gamer
09-08-2007, 07:12 PM
stopping LJ comes down to missed takles, if we limit missed tackles we could hold him under 120 yards, wich would be saying alot. This year however just raw numbers wont do. The key will be what we do on 3rd down. If we keep KC down to under 50 % 3rd down completion we will win.

Overalls
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
1st-welcome

2nd-I expect LJ to get about a 3rd of what he got last time against us.

That isn't a complete knock on him. I picked him up as my 1st pick in our FF draft. The last time though he got like 216 yards on us. This time I think our run D is in better shape and he isn't as prepard for this game as he will be in the following weeks. I think he will still have a great year, but not a great 1st game back.

gwallaia
09-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope Travis Johnson pulls his weight for the first time tomorrow. Did we not draft Travis Johnson to be a run stopper? Is it wrong of me to expect Travis Johnson to live up to being the #10 pick? Come on Travis Johnson, stop Larry Johnson!

V3rm0nt3r
09-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the defence will have an easier time stoping the run even if LJ gets it 30 times. Their o-line is down their with Miami so look for 1-2 guys in the backfield when they deside to run it.:fans:

Am i being a bit optimistic? yeah but whatever.

Footballs Here!!!!!

brakos82
09-09-2007, 04:10 PM
:tease: