PDA

View Full Version : D-Rob assailant busted

nunusguy
09-08-2007, 08:48 AM
A 27-year-old Houston man has been arrested in connection with the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last week, Fort Bend authorities said.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5118491.html
I dunno, but if he's been down at the PD all week looking at mug-shots & line-ups, that could bother ones focus for Sundays game ?

alphajoker
09-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Good! Hopefully justice will prevail and they can catch the second suspect as well.

TEXANSTAILGATER
09-08-2007, 08:55 AM
It ain't hard to get into these gated neighborhoods in Sienna. They all have a common code for workers. I know the code and haven't needed it in months.

Koolaid Time
09-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Slam Dunk for the Prosecution on this one.

Kinda hard to explain the possession of the watch...

nunusguy
09-08-2007, 10:25 AM
It ain't hard to get into these gated neighborhoods in Sienna. They all have a common code for workers. I know the code and haven't needed it in months.

Can you provide an alibi for your whereabouts on or about 8 PM, Saturday, 9/1 ?

PapaL
09-08-2007, 10:28 AM

Reminds me of Space balls:

SANDURZ One, two, three, four, five.

SKROOB One, two, three, four, five?

SANDURZ That's amazing. I've got the same combination on my luggage.
Prepare Spaceball 1 for immediate departure.

SANDURZ Yes, sir.

SKROOB, SANDURZ, and HELMET start walking out the door.

SKROOB And change the combination on my luggage.

Vinny
09-08-2007, 11:01 AM
A 27-year-old Houston man has been arrested in connection with the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last week, Fort Bend authorities said.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5118491.html
I dunno, but if he's been down at the PD all week looking at mug-shots & line-ups, that could bother ones focus for Sundays game ?
I doubt that Dunta was at the Police station all week going through books of mug shots like in old Hawaii 5-0 shows.

I don't know how this went down but maybe the Police has surveillance footage and are just not publicizing it-the cops do that sometimes not to tip off the crooks. This "unrelated" incident may have been a "traffic stop" once they tracked this car down from the license plate security cam photos.

Here is a dramatic re-creation of the moment before the traffic stop.

dispatch - "Ok officer Smith, go ahead and pull them over, don't tip them off, just see if there's anything obvious, although i doubt he's stupid enough to be wearing custom jewelry from one of the most famous people in Houston"

Double Barrel
09-08-2007, 11:03 AM
They may have caught them trying to pawn off some of the goods, too.

I have no doubt that D.Rob will be ready to play tomorrow. He's a pro, and will focus this negative energy into the hits he's about to unleash. Some of those Chiefs players won't know what hit them when he's done.

Marcus
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I have no doubt that D.Rob will be ready to play tomorrow. He's a pro, and will focus this negative energy into the hits he's about to unleash. Some of those Chiefs players won't know what hit them when he's done.

Geez Louise . . that sounds like unbridled optimism there, DB. What happened to that guarded 'I'll wait & see' approach that you've been expousing lately?:D

Vinny
09-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Geez Louise . . that sounds like unbridled optimism there, DB. What happened to that guarded 'I'll wait & see' approach that you've been expousing lately?:DIf there is only one certainty about tomorrow it's that Dunta is going to light someone up.

nunusguy
09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I doubt that Dunta was at the Police station all week going through books of mug shots like in old Hawaii 5-0 shows.

"Book 'em, Danno!"

Speedy
09-08-2007, 01:19 PM
They may have caught them trying to pawn off some of the goods, too.

I have no doubt that D.Rob will be ready to play tomorrow. He's a pro, and will focus this negative energy into the hits he's about to unleash. Some of those Chiefs players won't know what hit them when he's done.I hope you're right, DB. I don't know how many people have not just been robbed from their home, but robbed from their home while you're at home, and held at gunpoint and tied up to boot. I don't care who you are, that's got to be a little more than unnerving, IMO. Thankfully, none of the above has happened to me and I hope it never does to me or anyone for that matter.

You get a gun put to your head and you don't know whether you're going to live through it or die right there, especially somewhere where you are supposed to feel the most secure from the scum of the world...you're own home, and I don't know how much a silly old football game is going to be on your mind...or accounting, or insurance adjusting, or whatever it is you do as a profession.

It has been a week now, and who knows, maybe a football game is just what Dunta needs to take his mind off of it.

Wolf
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5141726.html
http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/09/17/7942402/311xInlineGallery.jpg
Sketch released of suspect in Texans robbery

RICHMOND-- Authorities have released a sketch of a suspect in the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson.

Robinson, 25, was robbed at gunpoint in his Fort Bend County home on the afternoon of Sept. 1. One suspect, Terrance Johnson, 27, was arrested a few days after the robbery and is being held in the county jail on robbery charges.

Meanwhile, authorities today released an artist sketch of the second suspect.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Bend County Sheriff's office at (281) 341-4665 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at (281) 342-TIPS.

Yankee_In_TX
09-18-2007, 08:48 AM
If found guilty, I say D-Rob gets 1 open field tackle on him.

nunusguy
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
RICHMOND A man accused of robbing Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last year pleaded guilty in a Fort Bend County court Tuesday and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Terrance Demond Johnson, 28, pleaded to an aggravated robbery charge in the court of state District Judge Brady Elliott, said Fort Bend County prosecutor Jeff Strange.

Robinson, 26, was robbed Sept. 1 in his home in the Sienna Plantation community near Missouri City.

Police said Johnson and another man, carrying pistols and wearing bandanas across their faces, confronted Robinson and bound him with duct tape. They left after taking jewelry, investigators said.

Strange said police are still searching for the second man.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5739735.html

gary
04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
RICHMOND A man accused of robbing Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last year pleaded guilty in a Fort Bend County court Tuesday and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Holy Cow! I think they should have bound the guy with duct tape and throw him in Jerome Mathis' backyard. After that, then let him serve his time in jail.

I love... just love when idiots like this are caught. All over some jewelry. I really would just love to shove this guys face in this... "How stupid can you be to throw your whole life away over something so trivial as some jewelry" I really hope more thugs learn that the risks severely out way the rewards. Just go buy some fake bling for yourself.

Wonder if he'll meet any Cowboys, Bengals, or Vick in prison... they oughta rough him up for their football bretherin'

edo783
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Glad they nailed them. Must not of had to good of an attorney as 25 is pretty steep for that. Armed robbery with no shots or injury is IIRC usually about 10-15. Must have had some previouse issues that came into play that drove it up. I wonder if DRob had to testify.

gary
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
They probably did have more than just the robbery.

Hardcore Texan
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Good to see justice served, and maybe give D-Rob and his family some peace of mind back, especially if they catch the other dirtbag.

gary
04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Didn't they tie up his grilfriend?

ChrisG
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
If found guilty, I say D-Rob gets 1 open field tackle on him.

:spit: must spread rep

TexansFanatic
04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I won't feel like justice has truly been served until they nail the other guy. Any word on him? Am I missing something? Why is nobody mentioning that this is only half the solution?

Specnatz
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I won't feel like justice has truly been served until they nail the other guy. Any word on him? Am I missing something? Why is nobody mentioning that this is only half the solution?

This was my first thought, I hope the sob rated out his partner in crime otherwise give him 10 more for not.

threetoedpete
04-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Glad they nailed them. Must not of had to good of an attorney as 25 is pretty steep for that. Armed robbery with no shots or injury is IIRC usually about 10-15. Must have had some previouse issues that came into play that drove it up. I wonder if DRob had to testify.

Fort Bend county ? I think they vote to the right out there. From my tree this was a clear message. Don't do this in Fort Bend county.

PapaL
04-30-2008, 06:05 AM
I'm going to guess this guy had some priors. 25 years for armed robber seems a tad high (unless they're robbing me of course). But it also probably has to do with the value of goods stolen as well. I'm just glad this wasn't a Sean Taylor incident.

GlassHalfFull
04-30-2008, 06:32 AM

The articled said he "pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 25 yrs." I watch enough Law and Order to think that is a pretty one sided plea deal. Maybe his lawyer should start watching Law and Order also. :doot:

I bet DRob had some bad moments thinking about this incident after the Sean Taylor killing.