PDA

View Full Version : 10-6?

Dallas_Texan
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Everyone still think we're going 10-6 and beating the Colts once after last night? Those Colts sure have an aweful Run Defense:panic:

TexansLucky13
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I ain't never scurred.

Htownsportsfan
09-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Everyone still think we're going 10-6 and beating the Colts once after last night? Those Colts sure have an aweful Run Defense:panic:

They sure looked good but I will reserve judgement. A steady dose of reggie bush is not the same as a pounding from Green and Dayne, I dont know what Peyton was thinking but he used bush way to much and should have run Mcallister a lot early. Indy is a different team with Sanders back there but if you are going to beat a small and quick defense you must pound the ball not trying that scatback crap they tried. I am not saying Indy's "D" is not better but I would like to see someone attack the before I get to worried.

JohnsonFan
lol they were playing at home so much energy against a great team but a nfc team.

thunderkyss

You think??

I'm still not convinced. Duece McCallister seemed to be doing pretty good. I don't understand why they kept taking him out of the game. And Jamal Brown looks like he's regressed quite a bit.

Heck, I think we'll sweep the Colts, and go 11-5.

We only have 5 games against teams that finished better than 8-8 in '06, we've got to have one of the weakest schedule in the league.

We might even pull a Jacksonville Jaguar on the NFL, and go 12-4.

michaelm
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
You think??

I'm still not convinced. Duece McCallister seemed to be doing pretty good. I don't understand why they kept taking him out of the game. And Jamal Brown looks like he's regressed quite a bit.

We only have 5 games against teams that finished better than 8-8 in '06, we've got to have one of the weakest schedule in the league.

TK, I sure have missed your predictions...
One thing is different this year, though... this time I'm with you.... you a crazy SOB, but dammit, I'm with you. 12-4!

Porky
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
8-8 or 9-7. Simple. :whip:

Errant Hothy
09-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Indeed.

JohnsonFan
09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
8-8 most likely

michaelm
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM

sssshhhhhhhhh... I'm not really on the 12-4 crazy train, but the raider and cowgirl fans seem to have so much fun with their myopia, I thought I'd give it a try.

12-4!!!!

yeah........ it does kinda feel good...

Texan Asylum
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I feel that we're gonna SHOCK allot of folks around the league, including ourselves.

hollywood_texan
09-07-2007, 06:56 PM

It's a long season and one game is only one game. Don't read too much into the Colts win or the Saints loss.

I think the Texans could go 10-6, but are going to have start off real strong to accomplish that. Opening with KC, Carolina, Atlanta, and Miami in the first 5 games should help in getting off to a good start.

We'll know this Sunday if this team is turning the corner.

So lay off the panic button Bro. Watch our team first and then decide.

BattleRedToro
09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
sssshhhhhhhhh... I'm not really on the 12-4 crazy train, but the raider and cowgirl fans seem to have so much fun with their myopia, I thought I'd give it a try.

12-4!!!!

yeah........ it does kinda feel good...

Except their myopia is more severe, as I have a Raiders fan at work that every year says 16-0. Last year was great, he told me that the Texans screwed up the 1st pick of the draft so bad, that he guaranteed me that the Texans would get the 1st pick of the draft this year. Of course, my response was that the Raiders were the worst team in the NFL and would have the 1st pick. I love being right.

jaybird
09-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I still think 8-8 is more realistic... IF the texans want a winning season they HAVE to beat the Chiefs this weekend. Their first 5 games will tell a lot. Carolina will be very tough and I don't see the Texans beating them. Falcons looked tough in the preseason when their first team was in there... but I think they are beatable. We better beat Miami... and if we want any chance of beating the Colts I think it happens at home... and ONLY if Manning can get rattled a bit and the Texans MUST stop Addahi. Take away the Colts running game and actually knock Manning around a bit and they'll have a chance. But Manning only got sacked ONCE last year. SO I don't expect Mario to be banging him around too much. But there needs to be some pressure.

The Colts defense actually looked pretty good last night. They held a pretty good NO offense in check for most of the night. I know it was the first game of the season, but it's still a very high powered offense they were going up against. Now the question is... was that the real Colts offense, or did the Saints just play poorly? We'll see

Leahmic223
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Well Dunta Robinson ain't no Jason David...

:texflag:

junior
09-07-2007, 08:00 PM
8-8 is a very popular choice but i say that should be a disappointment. here is why:

after going 0-3 we finish 6-7

win 4 of last 6 at home

go 4-4 in the second half

go 3-2 in the last five

all this with what most here say is the worst qb in the nfl

i say we were on the that path of 8-8 already

pay that much for matt schaub and upgrade the RB position, we should expect at least 9 wins but really 10.

nunusguy
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I think I'll wait to see how we do against the Chiefs before I jump on the
10-6 bandwagon.

jaybird
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
8-8 is a very popular choice but i say that should be a disappointment.

So Houston's first non losing season would be a disappointment? Gotta crawl before you walk... I'd be disappointed with anything under 8-8

TexanSam
09-07-2007, 08:10 PM
It's not as if the Colts are going to beat everyone 41-10...

DBCooper
09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
The Colts are a different team with Sanders in there.

But we all know our road to the Super Bowl goes through Indy.

We have to be better than the Colts, and the Colts look pretty good right now.

JohnsonFan
09-07-2007, 09:43 PM
it will be very hard for us to beat tem this year but if we beat them even one time i think we are still in the race

Leahmic223
09-07-2007, 09:43 PM
The Colts are a different team with Sanders in there.

But we all know our road to the Super Bowl goes through Indy.

We have to be better than the Colts, and the Colts look pretty good right now.

Not necessarily though. We could be a wild card and face off against the other team that earned the bye(this is assuming the Colts earn a bye) and there are other variables. We don't HAVE to play the Colts in the playoffs to reach the superbowl.

But I think we have to be on their level (elite team) to get in the superbowl so in a sense I agree. We have to be better than the Colts to get to the Superbowl...unless we pull off a Pittsburgh and sneak in the playoffs and kinda sneak in the superbowl(not saying they didn't deserve it..)

thunderkyss
09-07-2007, 10:07 PM
all this with what most here say is the worst qb in the nfl

Just to clarify, I don't think anyone has ever said David Carr was the worst starting QB in the nfl.

The worst starting QB maybe..... But I'm sure he's better than half the scrubs on most teams practice squad.

I'd bet money on it.

Other than that, loved your post..... great logic.

We've got talent, what our team, our coaches, and our fans have to do, is learn how to win. If we get through these first 5 games, and we're 4-1... I'm loving it, and I'll clear my calendar for at least one week in January.

Do you think we'll be partying all week?? or just the weekend??

Imagine if we win that play-off game,

I may have to clear two weeks.

JohnsonFan
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Just to clarify, I don't think anyone has ever said David Carr was the worst starting QB in the nfl.

The worst starting QB maybe..... But I'm sure he's better than half the scrubs on most teams practice squad.

I'd bet money on it.

Other than that, loved your post..... great logic.

We've got talent, what our team, our coaches, and our fans have to do, is learn how to win. If we get through these first 5 games, and we're 4-1... I'm loving it, and I'll clear my calendar for at least one week in January.

Do you think we'll be partying all week?? or just the weekend??

Imagine if we win that play-off game,

I may have to clear two weeks. WE ARE SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!... no not realistically but i think wild card, probably will lose there, next year we will go deep!

jaybird
09-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Personally I don't think Carr was the wosrt starting QB last year... look at Cleveland, Miami, Tampa, Detroit, Oakland... just to name a few from last year that probably had worse QBs. David just wasn't going to win in Houston. Sacked too many times and I don't think he trusted his line what-so-ever.

When we picked up Matt I wasn't sure it was too much of an upgrade... but so far in preseason he has shown he is just a hair faster than Carr and has been smarter with the ball... we'll see if he continues to show this trend in the regular season.

b0ng
09-08-2007, 01:53 AM
We don't HAVE to play the Colts in the playoffs to reach the superbowl.

See the thing is, with the Colts in our division, we'll have to beat em at least once (in my retarded opinion) to get to the big game. More than likely we'll have to beat em twice if we do wild-card up.

I'm willing to bet that this year, the road to the superbowl goes through either Indy, Foxboro, or San Diego. Which one would you guys prefer?

Scooter
09-08-2007, 04:34 AM

the colts' defense isnt part of the equation. it was, is, and always will be - keeping manning off of the field (thank you mario & dayne). they are definitely better when sanders is playing, but what you saw thursday night is that the saints are more hype than substance. 3 points on offense against last year's worst defense (who lost players), and giving up 41 with an "upgraded" defense isnt a good way to begin defending last year's "underdog of the century" season. i thought indy's run defense looked as bad as ever. their right side was a jacoby jones reverse waiting to happen, they had trouble containing a steady dose of deuce (why peyton didnt give him 40 carries is beyond me), they parted like the red sea on draws, and (aside from lucky tackles and bush's poor dancing), didnt seem to pick up screens very well. i have no doubt that we'll run VERY successfully against indy.

the way we've looked this preseason, playing indy doesnt exactly excite me though. i think we'll be a top 5 team versus the rush (we cant pass rush to save our lives, but damned if we're not going to be stout against the run), but that's not going to save us from manning exploiting our weakness in linebacker and safety zone coverage. nobody, but nobody, outscores indy in a shootout and i'm worried that we wont be able to even slow down their passing game long enough to grind them down in the first half.

sakebomb
09-08-2007, 06:39 AM
I think they can finish 10-6 but it will be the games towards the end of the year that allow us to get there.

My 10-6 prediction is with us losing the following games:

@ Panthers
Colts
@ Colts
@ Jacksonville
@ Chargers
Saints

Of course we could win one of the above but slip up somewhere else.

I have them floating around .500 ball until they start the stretch of Browns, Titans, Bucs, and Broncos. That is where we make the push.

HJam72
09-08-2007, 07:44 AM
See the thing is, with the Colts in our division, we'll have to beat em at least once (in my retarded opinion) to get to the big game. More than likely we'll have to beat em twice if we do wild-card up.

I'm willing to bet that this year, the road to the superbowl goes through either Indy, Foxboro, or San Diego. Which one would you guys prefer?

I'd rather face Indy than have to deal with either one of those other teams this year. 2 or 3 months ago I predicted that the Chargers would win it all this year. Now, I'm seeing who will face them in the AFC Championship (which is a first for me), and it's the Patriots.

Why not Indy? Well, because the Texans kick their butts in week one!!! :fans:

PS-OK, that last part was just fun stuff. :)

TEXANSTAILGATER
09-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I think this proves my point that NO is overated. Not that Indy is the greatest show on earth. and will go 16-0.

brakos82
09-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I think they can finish 10-6 but it will be the games towards the end of the year that allow us to get there.

My 10-6 prediction is with us losing the following games:

@ Panthers
Colts
@ Colts
@ Jacksonville
@ Chargers
Saints

Of course we could win one of the above but slip up somewhere else.

I have them floating around .500 ball until they start the stretch of Browns, Titans, Bucs, and Broncos. That is where we make the push.

Add the Broncos to that list, and that is my prediction.

Also, as soon as we make the playoffs, we'll be able to go deep.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. :d:

Wolf
09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
i think 8-8 or 9-7 are about right for us, I have been known to be wrong, but the key is our D-Line, they need to tear it up to help our secondary out, because outside of D-rob, it is still suspect

now if Bennett later in this year establish himself a force and Boulware can continue to grow as a safety would bring tears to my eyes

Maddict5
09-08-2007, 05:56 PM

id be v disappointed with that... especially after last years 13-3 :user:

Thorn
09-08-2007, 07:12 PM
All I want is for the Texans to go 8-8 or better. And not be in last place in our division. Anything else is gravy.

But I'll take the gravy, anytime. http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif

TK_Gamer
09-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Well Dunta Robinson ain't no Jason David...

:texflag:

David was their no 2 corner that just got swithed out on coverage from Peyton changing the play at the line. then once they smelled the blood in the water they went after him. our no 2 is the one that has to shine against top passing offenses. I like Petey, but he scares me on deep routes that cut across the middle. I would feel way better if I knew he was getting good help from the safeties. we will have to wait and see on that one...

Giant Tiger
09-09-2007, 08:05 AM
I think this proves my point that NO is overated. Not that Indy is the greatest show on earth. and will go 16-0.

I agree-the Saints will slip this year. That said, the Texans go 9-7.

thunderkyss
09-17-2007, 06:46 AM
id be v disappointed with that... especially after last years 13-3 :user:

I predicted going 13-3 in last year's preseason. That was based on the personnel added/subtracted from the team, and offensive minded coach, and the New Texans attitude the Texans were selling.

I knew that would change as soon as I saw them play week one. Even after back to back losses to open the season, I still thought we'd have at least 10 wins. The Offense was shooting themselves in the foot, and we were playing it "safe" on defense(IMHO because of the new system & players) I figured by week 5, we were going to start to gel, and start winning.

Little did I know, that our coaching staff would continue to make the same mistakes... Though I understand they were giving certain someones opportunities to prove they belong on this team.

The defense (IMHO) did start to gel in week 5, offensively, our trigger man was always playing it safe, and never putting us in a position to win, or make a play.

This year, we're clicking early. I have no doubt we'll win 10 games.

I'm thinking we'll win the division.

FILO_girl
09-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Its a Koolaid filled morning for most Texans fans. And well deserved!

What I have distinctly noticed is that our field General NOW:
Has leadership qualities and uses them
Has poise and presence in the pocket
Doesn't run at the first sign of trouble
Seems to have the respect of his team (very important!)
Is cool under pressure and fosters the 'Keep pushing' attitude in the face of adversity
Does not need a haircut

If we can keep the intensity that I have been seeing on the field for the entire season....oh man....what a great season we are gonna have!! :doot:

Chance_C
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
fo real. did anyone else see the one million shots of ykw on the sideline with the weird long hair thing going again? he looks like a pedophile or something...

Yesterday someone in the game thread referred to it as "A Dorothy Hamill haircut", I got a kick out of that.