PDA

View Full Version : "Addai shines in national TV spotlight "

nunusguy
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
INDIANAPOLIS - Reggie Bush has done 19 national television commercials since beginning his NFL career with New Orleans in 2006.

In that same span, fellow second-year running back Joseph Addai hasn't had any.
Talk about your false advertising.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198544
Houston native & former LSU star Joe Addai gets some long overdue recognition after last nights Indy-NOLA game.

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
INDIANAPOLIS - Reggie Bush has done 19 national television commercials since beginning his NFL career with New Orleans in 2006.

In that same span, fellow second-year running back Joseph Addai hasn't had any.
Talk about your false advertising.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198544
Houston native & former LSU star Joe Addai gets some long overdue recognition after last nights Indy-NOLA game.

And I drafted Addai as my number 1 RB....I feel great about it. Although I was scared after the first play.

Vinny
09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
the media runs about a year behind. They are the last to snap about the emerging players that aren't obvious (as far as making them focal points of their discussion) and they are the last ones still spewing about them when they go are no longer elite. Right before last year's draft jgl and I were both trading PM's about how Addai and Maurice Jones Drew were first round talents and projected to the pros as well as any backs in the nation....most of the media really didn't have a clue how good they were...as per usual they are a little late to the party.

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
the media runs about a year behind. They are the last to snap about the emerging players that aren't obvious (as far as making them focal points of their discussion) and they are the last ones still spewing about them when they go are no longer elite. Right before last year's draft jgl and I were both trading PM's about how Addai and Maurice Jones Drew were first round talents and projected to the pros as well as any backs in the nation....most of the media really didn't have a clue how good they were...as per usual they are a little late to the party.

I knew Jones-Drew was going to blow up, he's got mad skillz.

JohnsonFan
09-07-2007, 05:42 PM
yea i got jones-drew in my fantasy last year he was availible like last round lol i got him and man oh man every who passed him up reggretted it!

nunusguy
09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
The media didn't fail to notice Addai, Drew-Jones, et al. its just that they didn't attend USC and win the Heisman Trophy. And the media also had quite a bit to do with Bush's Heisman award.
Bush had been a hot commercial property going into his rookie year and going into his second year he was red-hot, whose name was spoken in the same sentence along with current NFL greats like Peyton Manning.
The media is fully aware of the fact that Bush can't crack the starting line-up in NOLA, but he has just very quickly become one of the faces of the NFL because of, well the media. Its strictly a bottom line thing, not the media being oblivious or even slightly ignorant about other second-year backs who are just as talented as Bush.

kiwitexansfan
09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
And I drafted Addai as my number 1 RB....I feel great about it. Although I was scared after the first play.

Me too.... and I benched Brees too so I am feeling like a fantasy genius after one game.