PDA

View Full Version : Players We Have Cut

cuppacoffee
09-06-2007, 07:57 PM
There was some discussion here about other teams signing the players that the Texans were going to be forced to cut.

Players cut included QB Jared Zabransky

RBs Wali Lundy and Darius Walker

WRs David Anderson, Bethel Johnson, Keenan McCardell

OL Mike Briesel, Brandon Frye and Drew Hodgden

DL Tim Bullman, Victor DeGrate, Cedric Killings, Alfred Malone, DelJuan Robinson

LB Trent Bray

DBs Brandon Mitchell, Dexter McCleon, Tyrone Pool, and John Walker.

The Texans first round of cuts were QBs Bradlee Van Pelt and Quinton Porter

WRs Charlie Adams and Harry Williams

TE Ben Steele

DL Thomas Johnson and Thomas Smith;

DB Derrick Roberson.

Zabransky, Walker, WR Harry Williams, Briesel, Frye, Robinson, Bulman and Mitchell were added to the practice squad.

Have any of our other cuts been gobbled up yet?

:coffee:

JohnsonFan
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
lundy will be signed some where and play back up mabey even starter sometime this year if in GreenBay.

PapaL
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I doubt it.

NitroGSXR
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere that Carolina is very interested in Lundy. I tried to find the link but I can't. Don't you hate it when that happens!?

Anyway, Lundy will find a job somewhere. I have no doubt about that. I'm just hoping that Carolina picks him up after they play us because Lundy has a better understanding of our playbook than Carr. The reason why I say that is because Lundy went through this year's training camp and Carr did not. Lundy would be a very good fit in Carolina being their third back behind Foster and Williams.

Eh. That's just my two cents.

TexanAddict
09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Isn't it amazing that JZ and Walker, two UDFA we signed during the off season, were able to be released and signed to the practice squad, even though many here assured us that unless they were on the 53 they would be immediately snatched up by other teams?

cuppacoffee
09-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Isn't it amazing that JZ and Walker, two UDFA we signed during the off season, were able to be released and signed to the practice squad, even though many here assured us that unless they were on the 53 they would be immediately snatched up by other teams?

Several posters expressed concern that Frye wouldn't clear waivers either.

Guess it's true that most teams prefer to keep the players that went through their OTAs and training camp.

:coffee:

gtexan02
09-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Why wasn't Lundy put on the PS? Is he not eligible?

The Pencil Neck
09-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Why wasn't Lundy put on the PS? Is he not eligible?

Not eligible. Played too much last year.