PDA

View Full Version : So is Black starting or not

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
According to you're offical team site he is. What have you all heard down there?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/DepthChart2007.asp?

infantrycak
09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
No--if you notice the order Salaam is at the top. They just screwed up the string identifications.

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 12:04 PM
No--if you notice the order Salaam is at the top. They just screwed up the string identifications.

Thank you I do believe you as I would not start him in a Pop Warner league. Others sites are reporting him first string also but others are reporting the other dude as the starter.

The only thing that does confuse me is this is an interactive board which can be updated in a moments notice. No difficult coding. Wonder why they have not caught it by now.

Shaft75
09-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Thank you I do believe you as I would not start him in a Pop Warner league. Others sites are reporting him first string also but others are reporting the other dude as the starter.

The only thing that does confuse me is this is an interactive board which can be updated in a moments notice. No difficult coding. Wonder why they have not caught it by now.

Don't read too much into it little one.

Black is second string.

Vinny
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
nobody in this forum is confused about who is starting at LT...but yeah, that doesn't look too coherent...I just sent an email to Nick about this....he'll get it fixed.

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Not doubting what you are saying but no sooner than I replyed 38 SPORTS up here just announced that Black would be the starter.

Two nights ago 810 radio asked Jared how he felt about Black starting (I took this as a joke)

He said sick becasue he would be missing out on 3/4 sacks.

Are you sure nothing is bothering your other LT, can't image him starting unless it is by default.

HOU-TEX
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Not doubting what you are saying but no sooner than I replyed 38 SPORTS up here just announced that Black would be the starter.

Two nights ago 810 radio asked Jared how he felt about Black starting (I took this as a joke)

Are you sure nothing is bothering your other LT, can't image him starting unless it is by default.

The only thing you should gather from their information is proof of lack of research. They more or less did the same thing you did by looking at the depth chart rather than bother with fact finding.:texflag:

Shaft75
09-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Some people never cease to amaze...

The Pencil Neck
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM

They just added that Interactive Depth chart and it's been screwy so far. It was showing guys that weren't even on the team for awhile. They just added that 1st String/2nd String thing in the past day or two.

The non interactive one is better:
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
The only thing you should gather from their information is proof of lack of research. They more or less did the same thing you did by looking at the depth chart rather than bother with fact finding.:texflag:

I for one am from the show me state. Would not believe it unless your LT was run over by a truck and then I would have to see the body.

Now though SPORT 38 (very reliable) has said he is starting.

I know this can't be correct so will just wait till Sunday.

Vinny
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I for one am from the show me state. Would not believe it unless your LT was run over by a truck and then I would have to see the body.

Now though SPORT 38 (very reliable) has said he is starting.

I know this can't be correct so will just wait till Sunday.
sounds like sports news sucks in the showme state.

Specnatz
09-06-2007, 12:54 PM

Are you sure they actually asked Jared this or was it a skit done by the radio station to make fun of a team? If the player actually said that, kinda of a stupid statement to be talking smack while being suspended.

kravix
09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Black has as much chance of starting at LT Sunday as I do.

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
They just added that Interactive Depth chart and it's been screwy so far. It was showing guys that weren't even on the team for awhile. They just added that 1st String/2nd String thing in the past day or two.

No it been there for some time now for a week I know of for sure (the first/second string thing). My other list has been talking about it for some time. I have been on the side that Black is second string. I got my info though not off the team site but Yahoo. It is not a huge issue. If he does start you will just roll out to Tamba side.

The Pencil Neck
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
No it been there for some time now for a week I know of for sure (the first/second string thing). My other list has been talking about it for some time. I have been on the side that Black is second string. I got my info though not off the team site but Yahoo. It is not a huge issue. If he does start you will just roll out to Tamba side.

That long? I hadn't realized that the interactive depth chart was even up that long. I don't recall seeing it until last Saturday and I was checking the depth chart a lot then because of the cuts. And if the String info had been there, I hadn't noticed it.

No biggie.

ATX
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Jeff Zgonina is 3rd string Long Snapper. :texflag:

bigbrewster2000
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Hershey Bar:

I do believe he was shown as the starter because he was for the TB game and they had not changed it back for the regular season depth chart yet. That is the reason why it looked like that last week for sure.

Sorry man you guys are not that lucky.:cowboy1:

Errant Hothy
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
It's been fixed, with Salaam as the 1st string LT.

SheTexan
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Hoth-Boy! Love your avitar!!

YoungTexanFan
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Hoth-Boy! Love your avitar!!

you're just now catching that?

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Are you sure they actually asked Jared this or was it a skit done by the radio station to make fun of a team? If the player actually said that, kinda of a stupid statement to be talking smack while being suspended.

No skit.. They did not make fun of your team at all. They asked Jared how he felt now that he knew that Black was starting.

His respose was "sick" they asked why and he stated " I am missing out on 3 or 4 sacks"

No making fun of your team.

HersheyBar
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Hershey Bar:

I do believe he was shown as the starter because he was for the TB game and they had not changed it back for the regular season depth chart yet. That is the reason why it looked like that last week for sure.

Sorry man you guys are not that lucky.:cowboy1:

Your no doubt right as Black played like doo doo and lost his starting job.

Wolf
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't take that wrong.. I mean if he came out and said" I'd be shut down and not be a force in the game" ... then fans and team would blast him

JohnsonFan
09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
i like Salaam starting, he will make an immidiate impact.

the wonger need food
09-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Your no doubt right as Black played like doo doo and lost his starting job.

Salaam has been the starter from day one (at least until Spencer is healthy). Black was brought in for depth. This has never changed.

Vinny
09-07-2007, 01:06 AM
nobody in this forum is confused about who is starting at LT...but yeah, that doesn't look too coherent...I just sent an email to Nick about this....he'll get it fixed.

It's been fixed, with Salaam as the 1st string LT.
wasn't even that tough. Ancient Chinese secret