PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Austin Watch Party!

axman40
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18

Houston at Arizona
4:00 PM ET - 3:00 PM CT - 2:00 PM MT
Houston TV: KTRK 13 (ABC); KEYE 42 (CBS - Austin); KYTX DT (MY - Tyler); KCIT 14 (FOX - Amarillo)
Arizona TV: KNXV 15 (ABC); KWBQ 19 (CW - Albuquerque); FSN Arizona
National TV: NFL Network (blackout in Houston and Phoenix)

Is there any intrest in a preseason watch party?I am thinking next week would be the game for it. The SA fans can drive up for the party. If we get enough people by Wed let's plan to take over Thrid Base next Sat.
:texflag:

axman40
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello Mcfly anyone want to do this? Hello San Antonio fans get off your arses ,get in your cars and dive up !
:fans:

NitroGSXR
08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I believe that the guys have agreed on Third Base as our watch party site for this season. Alas, they have not agreed on a date as to when to begin doing this. Check out the 'Austin Residents' thread.

This week is just as a good time as any since the game is in Arizona.

Kaiser Toro
08-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I would like to get together for the Arizona game.

Specnatz
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Heck count me in.

NitroGSXR
08-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Where? Third Base?

Specnatz
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Where? Third Base?

That is plan stan.

axman40
08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Where? Third Base?
512.476.BASE

1717 West 6th Street
Building 2, Suite 210R
Austin, TX 78703
http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/
See that's all I wanted yes, no or maybe!

rickyb
08-13-2007, 09:24 AM
512.476.BASE

1717 West 6th Street
Building 2, Suite 210R
Austin, TX 78703
http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/
See that's all I wanted yes, no or maybe!

Folks, I need a head count. Get me a head count NO LATER THAN THURSDAY 5pm, and I will give a heads-up to the GM and EM at Third Base, with whom I have been in prior contact. They will reserve seating for us. Otherwise, fend for ourselves.

I will not be able to attend. (I was right -- honey do's call.) I will most definitely see you out there another weekend!!

Rick

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks Rick. I am in. I do not see any issues as Soccer games will be over by the time our games start and baseball is a dead sport that is difficult and expensive to watch at a bar.

BigWig
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I would definitely like to show however I am not trying to really get amped for a preseason game that I can watch at home also, sorry guys, I will wait for the regular season, y'all have fun.
I am working with some here on the boards, including you Axeman, to get our group ready for the regular season and really show 3rd base what we can do as the Austin-Houston Texans fan contingent. I will also start a nerw thread as alaways before each game and follow with "the list" via email to remind all you guys and gals.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Can we get this a "sticky" and name changed to Austin Watch party that way it is here for the entire season??

Kaiser Toro
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
done

Specnatz
08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Kaiser much appreciated.

rickyb
08-14-2007, 10:37 PM
So, so far the list for Saturday is:
Axman
KT
Spec

anyone else?

sorry i can't make it, guys. i'm gonna be keepin' it re-al on the toddler b-day party tip. we gonna be killin' it on the castle bouncey gym thingey. me and the boy gotta represent , rollin' wit da res' of the pampers set. true dat.

Specnatz
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I hope we have more show up, looking forward to it.

rickyb
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I think if it is just 3-5 people, there is no real need for me to call to make a reservation at 3B. In fact, in that case I would rather not, as I want to avoid underwhelming them.

I am certain that 3B can host such a small group, no problem.

Let me know if I've missed anyone by EOB today.

treygar
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
eh, maybe one day the SA and Austin contingent can get together, but once you get past Stassney it seems the traffic just gets horrible in Austin...our BWW location in NE SA would be better just due to access off a main interstate.

hope you guys have fun though and the 3-5 of us that show up in SA will as well perhaps we can compare notes after this weeks game.

Mr. White
08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
I can't say for sure if I'll make it. I've got family in town.

If my apartment gets too small, then I'll show up.

Showtime100
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I'll be at my sister's house near Lake Houston, but if that falls through I'll be there in the 'fend for yourself' crowd. If I don't make it this time I'd love to in the future, great idea!

BigWig
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree with Rickyb not ot make a "reservation" , lest wait untill the season starts for that.
Count me as tentative for now.
Rest assured I will activate "the list" before game one!

NitroGSXR
08-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm definitely in!

Specnatz
08-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm definitely in!

Cool man see ya there.

NitroGSXR
08-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Cool man see ya there.
I'll be the guy with the red Texans hat. I'll also be bringing my girlfriend. We're Deaf so all you gotta do is look for some people flailing their arms and hands all over the place. Can't miss us!

Specnatz
08-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Well I will try and get there early enough to get a table since we not doing a reservation or anything. I will be wearing my Texans blue polo and blue cap. I will try and get there by 2:30

I ment to ask do you read lips?

NitroGSXR
08-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Well I will try and get there early enough to get a table since we not doing a reservation or anything. I will be wearing my Texans blue polo and blue cap. I will try and get there by 2:30

I ment to ask do you read lips?
I can speak as well as lip read very well. Not perfectly though. I have a Deaf accent when I use my voice but it's clear enough. As long as you don't have a mustache, we'll be all right. If you do, don't worry. We can still give high fives and clink our glasses!! It's all about the game!

PM coming your way with a better explaination so I don't inadverently hijack this thread...

Kaiser Toro
08-17-2007, 08:13 AM
I will be there between 2:30 - 3:00. :texflag:

I will be the tall skinny kid with glasses. I will have a #37 Liberty Blue Texans Uni. :texflag:

rickyb
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
It's AWESOME that you guys/gals are coming out in Texans garb to represent! Have a good time.

Later,
Rick B

barrett
08-18-2007, 03:34 AM
I'll be coming out. My wife may come too. I'm mostly excited that we're actually going to have a place to watch the games where more than just one or two of us converge. I know we talked about 3rd Base a while back. Lets make it ours! My wife is a Packer fan and we go to Billy's from time to time and I gotta tell you, that's the way it should be watching a road game! packed! no pun intended!

See Yall there.

BigWig
08-18-2007, 10:41 AM
This is looking good y'all, and I will try and be there, I have gotten emails and pm's for "the list" and "YES" it does exist and will be used upon the regular season starting, just ask axeman or Kaiser Toro, its real!
Hope to see y'all there.

NitroGSXR
08-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Eh. I have to cancel. My parents will be coming into Austin from Houston in preparation of Hurricane Dean. This means it's time to do some spring cleaning and bringing out the tacky gifts of the Christmas past up for display.

Sorry folks. I'll have the game tuned in though.

Specnatz
08-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Dude that is so wrong tell your parents you got more important things than them. J/K

It is all good hope to see ya during the reg season. Looking forward to meeting you and your girl.

rickyb
08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
So how was the watch party?
I'm sure the beer was cold...
Rick

BigWig
08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I second that!
How was it?
How many showed?
Did y'all like the game?
What was cool about the place?

Kaiser Toro
08-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Myself and three friends

Specnatz

Barrett and wife.

Terrific sports bar, good location (Hartland Plaza - 6th/Mopac), friendly service, easy parking, good food, plenty of TV's, unfortunately kid friendly for my truck driver's mouth and the Texans won, good times. :texflag:

Specnatz
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Agreed with everything Kaiser said.

including my truck driver's mouth.

Mean Machine
08-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Glad to hear that 3rd Base is looking good for us Centex fans. I hope to make it down there for some of our road games this fall.

DiehardChris
08-21-2007, 01:29 AM
This is great to hear. I'll definitely come out for watch parties - especially when KEYE inevitably pulls the plug in favor of VY. Kudos to those who got th ball rolling!

BigWig
08-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Just so ya'll know the way it works is, I will be sending an email out on tuesday or wed before the game. It will serve as notification and then we can use the subsequent thread also along with a sticky and for roll call, so my email doesnt get full of replies.

rickyb
08-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Just so ya'll know the way it works is, I will be sending an email out on tuesday or wed before the game. It will serve as notification and then we can use the subsequent thread also along with a sticky and for roll call, so my email doesnt get full of replies.

And we need your best guess if you will attend by 12 noon on Friday. I will then send an estimate of attendance to the management at Third Base.

All the best,
Rick

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Anybody going tonight?

Specnatz
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately I am unable to go. But I will be there for the start of the reg season.

barrett
08-29-2007, 04:13 AM
Myself and three friends

Specnatz

Barrett and wife.

Terrific sports bar, good location (Hartland Plaza - 6th/Mopac), friendly service, easy parking, good food, plenty of TV's, unfortunately kid friendly for my truck driver's mouth and the Texans won, good times. :texflag:

For the record the stools totally suck. I'm not just saying that because I broke one. I'm a skinny dude and I could barely keep my arse on there! But they do have fireman's 4 and they were very attentive to us all. I think there were probably 7 or so other texans fans there for the AZ game. not from the board but there to watch the game. so thats promising.

i'll probably go again on thursday.

BigWig
08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I will be there for the 1st regular season game.
We need to find out the following:
1. what time will they open on sunday ( we have mostly noon games)
2. What is the menu like ( alot will want a snack or lunch)
3. Might not be bad to know what drink specials they have

Can anyone get this, RickyB ??

Specnatz
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Sunday football, umm I doubt they will have drink specials but if you goto the website you can look at the menu.

http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/menu

And they open at 11 am.

Oh and I will try and make it to Third base tonight because I want to see Z play.

BigWig
08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game is on KEYE tonight, go figure!

Khari
08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game is on KEYE tonight, go figure!

not on my tv

rickyb
08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I will be there for the 1st regular season game.
We need to find out the following:
1. what time will they open on sunday ( we have mostly noon games)
2. What is the menu like ( alot will want a snack or lunch)
3. Might not be bad to know what drink specials they have

Can anyone get this, RickyB ??

Spec hit the nail.

BigWig
08-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow $6 for a chili cheese dog, thats Fiesta Texas prices!
Sure makes me miss that free grub at the Saxon Pub!

rickyb
09-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow $6 for a chili cheese dog, thats Fiesta Texas prices!
Sure makes me miss that free grub at the Saxon Pub!

If that chili cheese dog is as good as the burger is, then the juice is most definitely worth the squeeze.

See you next week.

Specnatz
09-01-2007, 12:22 PM
If we get a big enough party going ya never know how they will treat us. This is just the beginning.

H-Town Balla#90
09-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I am a new user to this board. I usually use houstonprofootball.com, but I've been in search of watch party here in Austin. a guy by the name of HuttoKarl on the texans website boards told me to come here and find out what's up from BigWig or rickyb. I want to check it out, he was saying about needing to be put down on a list so that 3rd base knows how people are coming or something? Just wanting to get the details on how it works or do I just show up?

I used to go t Ringers whenever KEYE would punk us, but now they don't even play the Texans on a big screen which = no sound!

Let me know........thnx

Specnatz
09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I am a new user to this board. I usually use houstonprofootball.com, but I've been in search of watch party here in Austin. a guy by the name of HuttoKarl on the texans website boards told me to come here and find out what's up from BigWig or rickyb. I want to check it out, he was saying about needing to be put down on a list so that 3rd base knows how people are coming or something? Just wanting to get the details on how it works or do I just show up?

I used to go t Ringers whenever KEYE would punk us, but now they don't even play the Texans on a big screen which = no sound!

Let me know........thnx

Basically Bigwig as an email list and he sends out an email saing please respond if you going to be there. So if you send him a message (Which can be done by clicking his name and sending private message) with you email addy so this way you can be added to the list. One of the main reasons we chose Third base was because of the parking it has on location versus having to find it and or pay for it.

Hope to see you there.

NitroGSXR
09-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Basically Bigwig as an email list and he sends out an email saing please respond if you going to be there. So if you send him a message (Which can be done by clicking his name and sending private message) with you email addy so this way you can be added to the list. One of the main reasons we chose Third base was because of the parking it has on location versus having to find it and or pay for it.

Hope to see you there.

Really? I didn't realize that. I didn't know there were pay parking sites on Sundays out there.

Welcome to the board, H-Town. Looking forward to seeing you on game days at Third Base! BRING YOUR TEXAN FRIENDS!

Hook'er
09-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I would LOVE one of those K-Eye T-shirts. (Official home of the Houston Texans?) Someone ought to see about getting some made up!:shades:

H-Town Balla#90
09-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Hope to see you there.

thnx for the info....i'll send him a message. that was my other question too about parking. never been to 3rd base. they have on site parking?? sweet!!

Specnatz
09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Really? I didn't realize that. I didn't know there were pay parking sites on Sundays out there.

Welcome to the board, H-Town. Looking forward to seeing you on game days at Third Base! BRING YOUR TEXAN FRIENDS!

Never been downtown on a sunday, ok well leaving on a sunday never arriving, but since they have there own parking it is a moot point.

BigWig
09-03-2007, 11:27 AM
We used to meet at the Saxon Pub for several years, where parking was not in issue at all, we never really did the downtown thing. Too bad they dont have the Ticket, that is why we are moving to 3rd base, The Saxon was one heckuva place to be for a Texans watching party.
Heck I even brought paraphanelia like a 7' Texan Blocker Blowup dude!

H-Town Balla#90
09-03-2007, 10:31 PM
just and FYI, just checked KEYE for week 2. it will be Colts at titans!!!!

so no Texans games as of yet

H-Town Balla#90
09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
just emailed the prgramming director of KEYE......

"Clearly, our wish to support Texas sports franchises is out of line with our desire to please the largest number of local sports fans we can. Our response to this will be as it was last year – that is, to fairly cover both teams as best as we can. We will make our game choices as we go through the season and will publish our choices in the available programming guides.

Again, thanks for writing to KEYE, please feel free to contact us at any time."

-From your standard "screw you" email to Texans fans.......Doesn't look like you are fairly covering both teams now huh? You won't even give the hometeam a chance. Mad b/c Colt McCoy and the longhorns looked like crap against Arkansas state? Now we all fawn over VY again?!?!?!?!?!?"

hope he enjoys.........

ATXan
09-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Hello I am new to the board. I love that I am living in austin but I do not underside why i have time warner with 300 channels and the only thing I want to see will not be showing. I know everyone here is looking to go to third base. Also just want to let you know that there is another place here in austin that is really nice that also plays all the games with dirctv. They are located close to north austin at the intersection of burnet and 183. The place is called bagpipes and It hink they open at 11am. It is a hooters type and nice inside. Just though I would throw that out. I will probably try it out on sunday. :wherewill

NitroGSXR
09-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Hello I am new to the board. I love that I am living in austin but I do not underside why i have time warner with 300 channels and the only thing I want to see will not be showing. I know everyone here is looking to go to third base. Also just want to let you know that there is another place here in austin that is really nice that also plays all the games with dirctv. They are located close to north austin at the intersection of burnet and 183. The place is called bagpipes and It hink they open at 11am. It is a hooters type and nice inside. Just though I would throw that out. I will probably try it out on sunday. :wherewill

It's pretty much been decided that our gatherings will be at Third Base. Only if you were here last month or so to help throw in suggestions. It's just a little too late to make a change, I'd think. Let's give Third Base a shot before we hang it up. Some of the guys have been in contact with their staff and have been making arrangements. Let's not let that work go to waste for those guys. Why don't you come hang at Third Base? Let's try and make this a large gathering of Texan fans! Make our presence known in Austin. This is how it starts.

Welcome to the board.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah I live in Buda and ThirdBase is far enough for me to travel, I do not want to travel any further.

ATXan
09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Cool sounds good. You will probably see me there too if they are going out of the way for Texan fans.Do you think there will be a big group of fans there, and if so do you think we will make the news on keye. I can see the headline now "real texas football fans go crazy downtown after opening season win and stand by for more news on your hometown hero Vince Young and what might be a season ending
:ouch:"

Keye VY #1 fan:bat:

TEXANSFAN1
09-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I am also new to this board and will be there at Third Base on Sunday.

Does anyone know about teenagers being allowed? my son and daughter would also like to be there.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I am also new to this board and will be there at Third Base on Sunday.

Does anyone know about teenagers being allowed? my son and daughter would also like to be there.

It is a family establishment. Family oriented, so bring the kids and the wife.

DiehardChris
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll be there, and I'm bringing my wife and a friend.
Is there some kind of 'official' way we need to let whoever the TexansTalk/Third base liason know that we're coming? Or can we just show up Sunday?

BigWig
09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Is there some kind of 'official' way we need to let whoever the TexansTalk/Third base liason know that we're coming? Or can we just show up Sunday?

Its been posted many times but here is the gist:
I have an email list of say 50 or so that have joined up in the past. I send out an email for a head count on wed. night. Then I post the head count in a thread entitled " XXXX vs Texans Austin Watch party", etc.
Rickb calls the bar and says we should have X amount coming.
We meet, cheer on the Texans, and enjoy the game! Send me a pm if you have not already.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 01:23 PM

You can just show up if you want but BigWig is putting a list togehter so we know how many people will be there so we can have tables set-up and together and such.

Soi send him a message and give him your email.

OR what he said!

austintexanite
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Sup fellas, anyways, do you guys know if they show soccer there as well. If so I might make it there on Sunday.

BigWig
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
This is it , the first game of our new and promising season. This is what we have been Jacoby Jonesing for all preseason.
We have a new home for our fan base and a nice little website and message for KEYE. In case you dont know our own "rockablilly" has put up a new website in defense of our continued woes to view games locally from our CBS affiliate KEYE 42, at www.keye42sucks.com
Make sure you visit it, and on to the roster. This email is posted at www.texanstalk.com and there you can post whether you will be there or not. I know alot of my list will be at the game but the group is growing and looking real good. This will be done every week around wed. night and then Rickyb will get the roll call and let the club know how many.
click here for info on the new home www.thirdbaseaustin.com
Looking forward to seeing you all and looking forward to going 1-0 after we remove the feathers from those Chiefs!
Oh and dont forget its Liberty White day so wear white!

Tom Wiggins aka Big Wig

Official President of the Austin-Houston Texans fan club!

Austin Tx, 78749 USA -Go Texans!

9-7 Roll call 12 noon deadline for Rickyb
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb+ 2 1/2?
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz
Texansfan1 +3
madman90
hookinreds + 2
H-town balla #90
Fat Tabby Mama
lnewcomer
Texanator + 1

BigWig
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2

axman40
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I will be there see y'all Sunday! SUNday! SUNDAY!

BigWig
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey count me in.

austintexanite
09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, I'd like to go. Do they show soccer there???

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, I'd like to go. Do they show soccer there???

Normally I would say you could get a game on but on a sunday I would not bet on it. You would have to call and ask.

ATXan
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I will be there. My first watch party without a bunch of cowgirl fans around me.
Lets give the chiefs a woopin :whip:

barrett
09-06-2007, 12:30 AM
first of all let me say:

Nice work Orlando! The website is great!

I want you all to know that I used to work at KEYE for several years and I'm glad to see that you're all working so hard to try and get them to see it our way! I intend to send a personal message to Gary asking him to consider our side, but I want you all to understand that local television is not run by wizards or even rational people. It is a business run almost solely on "numbers". Flawed as it may be, the Nielson ratings are the sole source for television markets to judge their bill scale for advertising as well as programming. Rockabilly is right, it is indeed a flawed system. (i had no idea about the "locking out" of Hispanics... do tell) You must understand that much like the NCAA football rankings, flawed as it is, it is still THE SYSTEM that they use. KEYE has absolutely no loyalty what-so-ever to Vince Young or to the Houston Texans. They are loyal to their ratings, their bottom line their news "image" and their profit margin. I can promise you that as soon as the Texans start winning consistently and the ever indifferent Austinites start watching them instead of some team from tennesee with really ugly uniforms (including those non-hispanics with the Nielson boxes) KEYE will cover them, becasue that's what the ratings tell them to do.

There is a half full bright side to all of this. In the end wouldn't you all agree that the comradery of converging at a sports bar with a bunch of people who are just as passionate about our TEXANS as we, (you know the type, the ones that know who Chris White is) might in the end not be such a bad thing?

I cannot wait for the first road game, I will be in attendance. You can go ahead and mark me down on the roll call for that one! Furthermore, I'd hope that even when, yes WHEN keye finally does start showing the Texans that ya'll will continue to show up in force at the sports bar to root for our favorite team just the same.

we are, after all the diehards! we are the ones that have been following the team through the offseason, we were all there through the good and bad, lets stick together regardless of what "K-cheeze" (as we called it when I worked there) does.

I digress.

I will be in attendance at Reliant on Sunday so I will miss the tiny wooden stools at 3rd base. Someone please break one for me!

Go Texans!

BigWig
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz

Come on I know its only thursday, but with all the chatter y'all made on these boards I would think more of you would be there. I only have 3 so far that are going to the game, lets get this thing going y'all!

fredaustex
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for putting all this together. I'm new to posting on the board, but have been lurking for a while. I'll be at the game (119N), but will make it to 3rd base next week. Do any of you Austin folks get together and tailgate at Reliant?

TEXANSFAN1
09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
TexansFan1 will be there +3

Kaiser Toro
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM

They show soccer there.

BigWig
09-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz
Texansfan1 +3

Yankee_In_TX
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Tom, I am really happy to see you back up and running again, and enthused about our beloved Texans!

BigWig
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Tom, I am really happy to see you back up and running again, and enthused about our beloved Texans!

Dude thanks. I never lost faith, just lost my job, and had to go throught some tough times at home.
I am back and always will be a Texan fan, till I die, especially when I live in ATX and have to deal with the crackwagon and the flaming meatballs on tv.
I look forward to seeing all my old Blue Crew friends again soon!

Now lets bump this roll call up y'all!

austintexanite
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
i'll be there on the 16th for sure.

Madman_90
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I will be there.

:cowboy1:

BigWig
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz
Texansfan1 +3
madman90

hookinreds
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Count me in with my son (7yr old Texan fan) and a buddy of mine makes 3.

rickyb
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Rick + Rick's Wife + The Boy + A Friend

BigWig --- when you have the count by 12pm, send me an email to my address (you have it).

I will then contact the Event Manager at 3B to give a count.

Rick(yb)

rickyb
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Count me in with my son (7yr old Texan fan) and a buddy of mine makes 3.

RickyB + 2.5

Wig, you can either email me tomorrow at 12 noon, or I'll just get the count at that time.

Any and all are welcome at any time. I just use the count at 12pm Friday and communicate that to Third Base so they can prepare.

Rick

DiehardChris
09-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I suppose we should also assume that several lurkers will show up without RSVPing.

H-Town Balla#90
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
put me down.....

also have been telling people at houstonprofootball.com, some of them may show too...

FatTabbyMama
09-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I'll be there!

lnewcomer
09-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I'll be there.

Created a Facebook group for anyone that's a member.
KEYE 42 Sucks (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4939258598)

BigWig
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I'll be there!

It will be good to see you again, its been a few years.

BigWig
09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Mods, I would like this thread retired soon or renamed so we dont have too many people confusing it with " The Official game thread" if possible. Let me know what y'all think.
Rickyb I will look for your email, but not always doable at work, so thats why I setup the "game thread" for you to pull head count from there.

Texanator
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Add The Texanator + 1-2 to that list Tom

BigWig
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Done dude, check the first page.

AustinTexansFan
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey BigWig. Count AustinTexansFan +1 (maybe +3 but not sure yet). By the way I also cancelled Time Warner and subscribed to Directv and they are giving a great deal right now. I am going to get Sunday Ticket and Superfan for 69 a month (TOTAL). Toooooooo good to pass up.:splits:

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey BigWig. Count AustinTexansFan +1 (maybe +3 but not sure yet). By the way I also cancelled Time Warner and subscribed to Directv and they are giving a great deal right now. I am going to get Sunday Ticket and Superfan for 69 a month (TOTAL). Toooooooo good to pass up.:splits:

I may be part of AustinTexansFan possible +3, not sure if I am one of the ones he was talking about as we having been discussing getting together.

But, wanted to make sure that you guys get me on the list, that's right Hardcore Texan +1 (the wife) will be in attendance. I am in the process of locking down a babysitter, that would be the only show stopper.

We are freakin' pumped to hang out with everyone, scream, yell, and be merry.

edit: Babysitter confirmed, it will be on and poppin'.

JSR in ATX
09-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm in. 2 of us. See everyone Sunday at 3rd Base.

Texans 34
Chiefs 17

Specnatz
09-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I may be part of AustinTexansFan possible +3, not sure if I am one of the ones he was talking about as we having been discussing getting together.

But, wanted to make sure that you guys get me on the list, that's right Hardcore Texan +1 (the wife) will be in attendance. I am in the process of locking down a babysitter, that would be the only show stopper.

We are freakin' pumped to hang out with everyone, scream, yell, and be merry.

edit: Babysitter confirmed, it will be on and poppin'.

How old are the kids? Bring 'em unless they are toddlers.

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 06:57 PM
How old are the kids? Bring 'em unless they are toddlers.

One is almost 10 and the other is a toddler, if they had a playscape or something, I would go for it.....my wife knows I won't be any good to her because I don't want to miss a single play, and she wants to pay attention too. It's all good, the babysitter has called back to confirm. We will be there about 11:15 - 11:30 am.

frequentfliertx
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I should be able to make it on the 16th. Would like to see what happens if Carr gets in the game. I went to check out Third Base today. Looks better than the Saxon Pub. Food on the menu looks pretty cheap. Saxon Pub had free hot dogs and chips, but even that couldn't draw them in since the Texans were playing so poorly. So, count me in for the 16th. :texflag:

H-Town Balla#90
09-07-2007, 09:45 PM
hey quick question....just wanted to make sure that i have the right place google mapped for directions. it looks like this place is actually outside of downtown past lamar near mopac right? i'm just asking now b/c it would not be the 1st time that google maps has screwed me....cannot friggin' wait 4 sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F-KEYE!!!

:texflag: :texflag:

frequentfliertx
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
It's on 6th street going past West Lynn, heading towards Mopac. It'll say The Third Base in green letters on a white sign. Just stay on 6th Strret heading towards the left hand side turnoff to go on Mopac heading south. It's right there on the left hand side. Hope this helps.

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
It's on 6th street going past West Lynn, heading towards Mopac. It'll say The Third Base in green letters on a white sign. Just stay on 6th Strret heading towards the left hand side turnoff to go on Mopac heading south. It's right there on the left hand side. Hope this helps.

So, if I am coming down Mopac southbound, I am guessing I exit 5th street, if I remember correctly that's the only exit southbound. It's been awhile. And from 5th street east bound I can access the parking garage? or do I have to flip a u-turn and park off os sixth? anyone? buehler?

frequentfliertx
09-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, since I live southwest I'm taking Mopac heading north and getting off on the 5th Street exit. You can stay on 5th street and then make a left hand turn to head onto 6th street. Once on 6th street just hang in the left hand lane til you see the sign for The Third Base. It's right before the left hand turn off to go on Mopac heading south. The directions I gave you earlier were if you were on Congress downtown. Then you would make a left onto 6th street, taking it all the way down (staying on the farthest lane on the left). Then you'd see the sign for The Third Base. It's actually pretty simple to find.

Kaiser Toro
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Southbound Mopac exit 5th.

Take your first left - between Hartland Plaza (office building) and El Arroyo Restaurant.

Go 100 yards to the light and take a left and hug the curb as you will be taking an immediate left into 3rd Base.

Take an immediate right and find parking on the drive parallelig the bar or go into the garage.

J-Russ
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I'll be there with 2 or 3 dudes, probably around 11:30.

Is the place big? I don't want to come there and theres no more seats available.

Kaiser Toro
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Is the place big? I don't want to come there and theres no more seats available.

I would guess that it seats 150 comfortably and can handle plenty more. Plenty of TV's for every viewing angle.

NitroGSXR
09-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Just come. If it's too small, we'll find another place to linger at for next week or something. We have to test drive this and make our presence known in Austin. Be there or be square.

J-Russ
09-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I would guess that it seats 150 comfortably and can handle plenty more. Plenty of TV's for every viewing angle.

Thanks, its sounds great.

Looking forward to sunday, can't wait!!

Hardcore Texan
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Southbound Mopac exit 5th.

Take your first left - between Hartland Plaza (office building) and El Arroyo Restaurant.

Go 100 yards to the light and take a left and hug the curb as you will be taking an immediate left into 3rd Base.

Take an immediate right and find parking on the drive parallelig the bar or go into the garage.

Cool, thanks KT!

barrett
09-08-2007, 02:55 AM
man! i am almost jealous of ya'll! it's gonna be fun! i'll see you next week!

rickyb
09-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Easily 150. I can't say that they're all gonna be Texans fans though. There are 5 "viewing zones", and I believe 3B plans to show 5 different games. Even so...having been there for a few sporting event watch parties, I have never been disappointed.

Just come on out. The idea behind the watch list, from my perspective, is so that we can inform 3B and they can prepare accordingly.

I really, REALLY hope that this weekend we show 3B that the Texans Fans here in Austin are: a) for real, and b) a revenue-generating force for those guys. Why (b)? Well, when (b) happens, possibilities open up. :specnatz:

See ya,
Rick

BigWig
09-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Any of you who have not emailed me your email addy please do so.
Along with a thread each week I send out a heads up email on wed, so either pm me or send it to bigwigbass@yahoo.com.

TEXANSTAILGATER
09-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Sept. 6, 2007, 11:14PM
TV-RADIO NOTEBOOK
Austin drops Texans in favor of Titans

By DAVID BARRON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

The eyes of Austin on Sunday will be upon Vince Young and the Tennessee Titans, not Matt Schaub and the Texans, which shows you how far the Texans have to go in rebuilding their image.

KEYE, the CBS owned-and-operated station in Austin, opted for Titans-Jaguars rather than Chiefs-Texans because viewership of the average Titans game was 60 percent higher than viewership for the average Texans game last year, said program director Gary Vinson.

"For 4 1/2 years, we aired every single Texans game we could, no matter how bad it got," Vinson said. "When Vince went to the Titans, we started getting tons of requests from people who wanted to see him. So we started going back and forth, and the difference was significant."

Texans fans in Austin are, not surprisingly, up in arms. One has started a Web site: www://keye42sucks.com.

Vinson, however, answers to advertisers as well as viewers, and 54,800 households (the average viewing audience for run-of-the-mill Titans games last year) beats 33,731 households (the average for run-of-the-mill Texans games).

Texans spokesman Tony Wylie described KEYE's decision as "a disservice to the Texans fans in Austin. We know it's the station manager's choice, and we hope (KEYE) elects to air our games in the future."

Every other CBS market in Texas will get the Chiefs-Texans game except Dallas-Fort Worth and Wichita Falls, which will get the Dolphins-Redskins.

However, even though your local NFL team is getting dissed in the capital city, TV geeks and Texans fans can take heart in this coda: The only CBS game this weekend that will not be broadcast in HDTV is Titans-Jaguars. So there.

Hardcore Texan
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Easily 150. I can't say that they're all gonna be Texans fans though. There are 5 "viewing zones", and I believe 3B plans to show 5 different games. Even so...having been there for a few sporting event watch parties, I have never been disappointed.

Just come on out. The idea behind the watch list, from my perspective, is so that we can inform 3B and they can prepare accordingly.

I really, REALLY hope that this weekend we show 3B that the Texans Fans here in Austin are: a) for real, and b) a revenue-generating force for those guys. Why (b)? Well, when (b) happens, possibilities open up. :specnatz:

See ya,
Rick

I assuming each zone has sound, do you know if we will have sound right? I don't remember this coming up.

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2007, 11:43 AM
If you commited, make sure you are there. Do it for Capers and execute. Hopefully the Texans can help get this thing going by winning some games.

I will be there next week for the Panthers game.

J-Russ
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Everyone wear white to indicate we're Texan's fans.

rickyb
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I assuming each zone has sound, do you know if we will have sound right? I don't remember this coming up.

I cannot recall with certainty. As I recall, it did come up, and that the 5 zones each have sound. Again, my recollection. It would make sense, else why have a viewing zone?

When I was there to watch an A&M-Texas basketball game, the sound was great.

Specnatz
09-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Will try and get there about 11:30. see y'all there. I might have a hang over .. going to go drown my Irish sorrows.

H-Town Balla#90
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Everyone wear white to indicate we're Texan's fans.

...only have my blue jersey right now.....

seriously, i hope there is sound.

hope to be there around 11:30 as well!

liltony9144
09-09-2007, 02:45 AM
I was wondering...

Where do ya'll see the games if you live in Austin?

I'm heading over there next weekend, and I just can't miss a game, and I know the CBS affiliate over there in Austin doesn't show the games. :/

I'm just looking for some help as to where or if I can watch the game.. :D:texflag:

Livid13
09-09-2007, 07:28 AM
I was wondering...

I'm heading over there next weekend, and I just can't miss a game, and I know the CBS affiliate over there in Austin doesn't show the games. :/

I'm just looking for some help as to where or if I can watch the game.. :D:texflag:

A seasoned vet will stumble in too. Count me in boys and girls......

rickyb
09-09-2007, 09:02 AM
I was wondering...

Third Base. Sports bar on west 6th street, just before you get to Mopac/Loop 1. As you travel west on 6th, Third Base will be on your left, in the bottom floor of an otherwise nondescript office building ("Hartford Plaza").
www.thirdbaseaustin.com

FOLKS --- I have been downgraded to a gametime decision. My boy is still a bit sick, and since I got a WICKED sunburn yesterday playing golf for 6 hours, I think Rick's Wife may have exhausted her patience with my weekend excursions. My strategy was to bring The Boy and Rick's Wife, but The Boy is not cooperating. If I can swing it, I will. I will be the man doing his impersonation of a lobster.
Rickyb

Specnatz
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Hope you can make it Rick, family comes first. Hmmm maybe that is why I am single.

JEB2ATX
09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I will be there +1

Hardcore Texan
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Guys, that was an awesome time. It was very good to meet so many diehard fans.

DiehardChris
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
That was great - but I'm not real happy about how 3rd Base handled it. They had NO IDEA which TVs were going to show the Texans game - and me and my people got there at 11am so we could get a great seat - we ended up in the middle area of the bar - away from all the Texans fans.

But whatever - we showed up IN FORCE and made a hell of a lot of NOISE! We really brought the house and I can't wait for the Panthers game!

J-Russ
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
HOUSTON TEXANS! da da dadada HOUSTON TEXANS! da da dadada

haha today was awesome, see ya guys next week!.

H-Town Balla#90
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
that was the most fun I've had and not been at the game. we OWNED that place. It was great meeting you guys and gals. I just posted on my usual houstonprofootball.com board that any Austin fan come out next time. We rocked that place!!!!!

HOUSTON.................TEXANS!!

:fans: :texflag:

AustinTexansFan
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
All I can say is HELL YA!:doot:

DiehardChris
09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Next week I will definitely be in the back room with all the rowdies.

Oh - and I loved the KEYE SUCKS chants! Those were awesome!!

NitroGSXR
09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
How many people were there? I'll definitely be there next weekend. Had to babysit today so I couldn't make it as expected.

FatTabbyMama
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
That was a great time and a GREAT game!

A few kinks, but I bet they get worked out now that the Third Base folks know how serious we are. See y'all next Sunday!

J-Russ
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Next week I will definitely be in the back room with all the rowdies.

Oh - and I loved the KEYE SUCKS chants! Those were awesome!!

lol, oh that what they were saying? I thought they were chanting KC SUCKS.

NitroGSXR
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
What were the kinks? I'm sure now that they see what we're made of, we have a little bit more of leeway and can ensure that if they want our business, they'll have to work those kinks out. What were the kinks?

On a side note, did anyone notice if any of the TVs had the closed captioning turned on?

rollinstone18
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I think I may have to stop by next week. Do they let under-agers in?

DiehardChris
09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
RE: 'the kinks': Look at my first post on this page - showed up really early, and I ended up getting a crappy seat. The service people had no idea which games were on which TVs - AND they even had a map of the TVs in the place that was supposed to have a 'key' to where all the games would be - and the Texans game wasn't even on the list!! I'd say that's a pretty huge kink, especially considering they had what - a MONTH ahead of time to prepare for all the Texans fans to show up?

They didn't even have the game on their typed out schedule!! That cost me being able to watch the game with the rest of the fans in the big, loud back room... but hey again - whatever. It was a great time, and they'll have the issues worked out. I did not see closed captioning on any of the screens.

frequentfliertx
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
I should be there when they travel to CARROLINA next week! Maybe the Texans'll make it two in a row. I know that the Chiefs look pretty weak this year, but we showed that we can play football so far this year. That Andre Johnson is awesome at receiver. Schaub seems to be doing pretty good. :fans: :gotexans1

hookinreds
09-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Great time, great victory! Before we start badmouthing 3rd base, let’s be thankful they did what they did after the fact. When I got there about 11:10, they seemed to have absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the “Texans watch party” and the “area” we were supposed to be. They said that the sound for the game would be on in the area with the big screen, but when we were going over there to sit down there were a bunch of “non Texans” in there and they were eating, not to mention we kept getting further and further away from the bar. So, being game day and the fact that it is easier to run to the TV from a bar table than it is from a sit down table we relocated to the tables around the bar area and grabbed on that had the booth back next to where the Bronco game was going to be so that my buddy could get his “out of market” game too. Besides, that’s where I saw the wooden stools were that I heard so much about, so I thought that’s where everyone would be. As game time drew nearer and more Texans came pouring through the door, we began to fill up the place. Most of the “late arriving Texan fans”  filtered their way into the area with the big screen and the sound. However there were others who started to pack in with me in the back fans of other teams like the Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, and…those KC groupies. About five minutes before the game started, 3rd base began changing all the TVs over to all the games. They started off with the main Austin CBS feed and the Titans flanked the Texans game on each side and the Titans had the audio feed. After about the first possession, the Titans were dropped from one TV in favor of the Philly game and the sound was changed over to the Texans feed.

In the area where we were there were at least nine HD flat panel TVs that were at least 46”+, and there were another seven in the pool/dart room behind me (in view), and then I could see straight through to the other side of the bar and the area where the “big” screen and the short tables were. There were easily twenty more TVs over in those areas.

When I was in the head, a guy was in there that seemed to be a regular or an employee who said he had never seen that place as packed as it was, and this isn’t a small joint.

All in all, my complements to 3rd base for their hospitality, and their willingness to accommodate the Texans crowd as if it was the first they had heard of us when we walked through the door. Despite the fact that we thought we had everything lined up, I thought they did a good job of overcoming the situation. My group had plenty of beer and food, and was always on in a timely matter, never having to look for my waitress as what normally happens. The only downfall is that I left my Texans koozie with my last empty. Personally, I had a great time in the bar area, as I prefer the high tables and standing, plus with the handful of us in the back we really made it sound like we owned the whole building.

By my estimation, it looked like there were about 60 Texan fans, and we definitely made our presence known.

Let’s give 3rd base some slack for it being the first game, I thought the service and the their ability to overcome what they had no idea what was coming.

It was fun watching the game with all that showed up. It was great to share the environment with my 7 year old son. I wish I could remember everyone I met, but I’m terrible with names.

BigWig
Htownballa #90
Hardcore Texan
Guy with the dental work, I can’t remember your handle but evidently your grill looks better than it used too.
Guy that was standing next to me the whole time who read about the place on the Chronicle page
Guy that was sitting next to Jets fan that said that Mario was going to get ripped for not doing anything….right before he had the sacks, and fumble recovery for TD.
The other 50+ rowdy Texan fans that were there.

H-Town Balla#90
09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
i agree, we definitly need to cut some slack......on the one hand, they were apparently supposed to know we were coming, but, at least they did their best to accomadate us and didn't get pissy about it. unfortuneatly i already know i will not be there next week (wifes birthday), but def. want to do that again!!!

axman40
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
The beer was cold ,the spicy shrimp tacos were good .We rocked the house I think we scared a Bear fan with the HOUSTON TEXANS chant!
KEYE 42 SUXS!
GARY VINSON SUXS!

BigWig
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
It was a gr8 showing no doubt. I just have to wonder how many of those Texans fans in the bar area should have sat with all of us? It kind of made me want to carry a sign saying "Texanstalk.com" os something like that.
All inall I like your feedback here, not to mention we also got the card from the manager and let him know we are coming strong next week. I think Rickyb will get the point across on this one.
I do beleive the loud rant "KEYE Sucks" over an over got the point across.
Good job fans and good job Texans!

BigWig
09-10-2007, 09:04 AM
We need to get a point man to arrive early and setup our area.
Any takers?
I nominate Specnatz!:specnatz:
Other things we need to consider:
1. which side or where we want to be
2. show up early ( I was late due to church being Catholic, I will go on sat)
3. We need to stay loud as we were
4. We need to wear Texans gear
5. We need to stay together and hang out here on these boards to communicate

Anybody else got any ideas!

rickyb
09-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Great time, great victory! Before we start badmouthing 3rd base, let’s be thankful they did what they did after the fact. When I got there about 11:10, they seemed to have absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the “Texans watch party” and the “area” we were supposed to be. They said that the sound for the game would be on in the area with the big screen, but when we were going over there to sit down there were a bunch of “non Texans” in there and they were eating, not to mention we kept getting further and further away from the bar. So, being game day and the fact that it is easier to run to the TV from a bar table than it is from a sit down table we relocated to the tables around the bar area and grabbed on that had the booth back next to where the Bronco game was going to be so that my buddy could get his “out of market” game too. Besides, that’s where I saw the wooden stools were that I heard so much about, so I thought that’s where everyone would be. As game time drew nearer and more Texans came pouring through the door, we began to fill up the place. Most of the “late arriving Texan fans”  filtered their way into the area with the big screen and the sound. However there were others who started to pack in with me in the back fans of other teams like the Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, and…those KC groupies. About five minutes before the game started, 3rd base began changing all the TVs over to all the games. They started off with the main Austin CBS feed and the Titans flanked the Texans game on each side and the Titans had the audio feed. After about the first possession, the Titans were dropped from one TV in favor of the Philly game and the sound was changed over to the Texans feed.

In the area where we were there were at least nine HD flat panel TVs that were at least 46”+, and there were another seven in the pool/dart room behind me (in view), and then I could see straight through to the other side of the bar and the area where the “big” screen and the short tables were. There were easily twenty more TVs over in those areas.

When I was in the head, a guy was in there that seemed to be a regular or an employee who said he had never seen that place as packed as it was, and this isn’t a small joint.

All in all, my complements to 3rd base for their hospitality, and their willingness to accommodate the Texans crowd as if it was the first they had heard of us when we walked through the door. Despite the fact that we thought we had everything lined up, I thought they did a good job of overcoming the situation. My group had plenty of beer and food, and was always on in a timely matter, never having to look for my waitress as what normally happens. The only downfall is that I left my Texans koozie with my last empty. Personally, I had a great time in the bar area, as I prefer the high tables and standing, plus with the handful of us in the back we really made it sound like we owned the whole building.

By my estimation, it looked like there were about 60 Texan fans, and we definitely made our presence known.

Let’s give 3rd base some slack for it being the first game, I thought the service and the their ability to overcome what they had no idea what was coming.

It was fun watching the game with all that showed up. It was great to share the environment with my 7 year old son. I wish I could remember everyone I met, but I’m terrible with names.

BigWig
Htownballa #90
Hardcore Texan
Guy with the dental work, I can’t remember your handle but evidently your grill looks better than it used too.
Guy that was standing next to me the whole time who read about the place on the Chronicle page
Guy that was sitting next to Jets fan that said that Mario was going to get ripped for not doing anything….right before he had the sacks, and fumble recovery for TD.
The other 50+ rowdy Texan fans that were there.

Dude, that is some good qualitative information right there. THANKS.

EVERYONE --- know that I will be following up with Third Base very quickly. The GM, the Events Manager, and now Bill, who presented himself as the day manager and the right point of contact. As hookin said, they apparently had a communication gap but did their best to recover.

Let's see if we can get it squared away. Bill was awesome, and the central venue seems to work. All that aside....

I had a GREAT time. (I was the guy in the red polo -- yes, I know, red. yes, i know, i don't have a jersey -- a problem that will soon be corrected.) Good meeting you Wig, Spec, Hardcore, a guy named Patrick whose board name I did not catch, and anyone else I met after 2 beers. --- Hardcore, I did not meet your wife. Hopefully, I was not rude or anything. And thanks for introducing me to Bill, the day manager.

Gig 'e.....err, I mean, GO TEXANS!
Rick
aka Rickyb

hookinreds
09-10-2007, 09:34 AM

EVERYONE --- know that I will be following up with Third Base very quickly. The GM, the Events Manager, and now Bill, who presented himself as the day manager and the right point of contact. As hookin said, they apparently had a communication gap but did their best to recover.

Let's see if we can get it squared away. Bill was awesome, and the central venue seems to work. All that aside....

I had a GREAT time. (I was the guy in the red polo -- yes, I know, red. yes, i know, i don't have a jersey -- a problem that will soon be corrected.) Good meeting you Wig, Spec, Hardcore, a guy named Patrick whose board name I did not catch, and anyone else I met after 2 beers. --- Hardcore, I did not meet your wife. Hopefully, I was not rude or anything. And thanks for introducing me to Bill, the day manager.

Rick
aka Rickyb

Oh...that Patrick dude was me...so that was you in the red polo...it's all starting to come back to me now.

Kaiser Toro
09-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Well done fellow Austin fans. I will be there on Sunday barring a freak accident on Friday or Saturday at ACL fesitval.

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Rick
aka Rickyb

Not at all, I actually thought I introduced her to everyone, so it's my fault........but I was pretty caught up in the game, soaking in the victory that was unfolding before our eyes.

Can't wait to do it again.

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
It was a gr8 showing no doubt. I just have to wonder how many of those Texans fans in the bar area should have sat with all of us? It kind of made me want to carry a sign saying "Texanstalk.com" os something like that.
All inall I like your feedback here, not to mention we also got the card from the manager and let him know we are coming strong next week. I think Rickyb will get the point across on this one.
I do beleive the loud rant "KEYE Sucks" over an over got the point across.
Good job fans and good job Texans!

Yeah that was funny, I had to explain it a few times to different people. Also we put out the word about us being there next week and about the board and all that is going on.

Had a blast, and it was great to meet everyone. If I do not remember your name please do not hold it against me because I am the worse person in the world at remembering someones name.

rockabilly
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
it was definetly a great time. I got there early and the staff seemed confused when I started talking about texans...so i just went to the room with sound and luckily that is where the party ended up being!

Good staff. Even though we totally took over the place, moving chairs, tables, and what not, the staff was nice and let us enjoy ourselves and did not once try to put a damper on our time.

Something tells me that next week, we will get a little special treatment, which would be nice considering how much business we are bringing them.

rickyb
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Guys, I just sent the email off to Bill, the new primary point-of-contact. The email also includes the terms of the original agreement established between myself, the GM, and the Events Manager.

Bill assured me personally at the game that he would honor whatever agreement was in place.

I'm sure it was just a simple communication problem. We will work it through.

Best,
Rick

aka Rickyb

hookinreds
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
...and those terms would be????

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
it was definetly a great time. I got there early and the staff seemed confused when I started talking about texans...so i just went to the room with sound and luckily that is where the party ended up being!

Good staff. Even though we totally took over the place, moving chairs, tables, and what not, the staff was nice and let us enjoy ourselves and did not once try to put a damper on our time.

Something tells me that next week, we will get a little special treatment, which would be nice considering how much business we are bringing them.

Hey rockabilly, I didn't get a chance to meet you. Where were you sitting?

axman40
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
I think Texanator would request that Laurie be one of our waitress.

rickyb
09-10-2007, 07:10 PM

I'll kill 2 birds mit eine stone. Here is the response from Bill today. We are all set. The bold is my emphasis, for ease of reading.

Rick,

I am glad you all had a great time at Third Base. Next week looks to be the same time and situation for the Texan game. We are excited we have become the Houston Texan bar. We will have the entire restaurant with sound for the Houston game. It became obvious to us that the majority of the bar wanted that this past week.

One of our only problems that we have with big events is that everyone shows up at the same time and orders at the same time. So we go from 0- 300 people in 20 minutes. Now while this is a good problem to have, it does slow down service (food and drinks).

Maybe even more important is the reservation. We will reserve that back room for you and the Texan fans and you can put up a banner during the game. What we want to avoid is that room being held and the rest of the restaurant being full. It gets customers upset when they see empty tables for a half hour while they wait.

On Sunday if we can try to encourage your group to get to the bar before 11:30 it would alleviate both these problems. But really this next Sunday is not going to be the problem. The problem is going to be starting week 8 when there is a 4:00 game. We will work with you on that as we get closer to that date.

One more thing; did you have any waitresses that you really liked and would like to be always in that back room?

It was great to meet you all this past Sunday. Hopefully we’ll keep winning.

Thanks again for working with us,

Bill

So...just let BigWig know via the weekly message board thread if you will be coming, and how many.
I will send an email letting them know how many, based on the count at 12 noon on Friday.
Third Base are reserving that back room for us this week. It's our chance to fill it.

ANYONE -- can we get a banner made this week? Anyone have resources on which to draw there?

Rick

rickyb
09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Spec, what was the name of our waitress? I am going to request her.

All the best,
Rick

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Spec, what was the name of our waitress? I am going to request her.

All the best,
Rick

I never got past damn she had a nice Butt and was pretty. Sorry.

As far as banner, I will ask and see what I can do I might have to make a run to Houston to get one.

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Found my receipt and it was Laura.

rockabilly
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey rockabilly, I didn't get a chance to meet you. Where were you sitting?

I was sitting at a table right next to the "impromptu" texans table with some other texans fans in that room we were all in. I think im the youngest...i had a blue backwards texans cap on, with a Carr jersey that had Blue duct tape over carr's name and Shaub spelled out on it with sticker letters.

BigWig
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I was sitting at a table right next to the "impromptu" texans table with some other texans fans in that room we were all in. I think im the youngest...i had a blue backwards texans cap on, with a Carr jersey that had Blue duct tape over carr's name and Shaub spelled out on it with sticker letters.

Hardcore and his wife were in front of me rockabilly, and Hardcore rockabilly was behind me agains the wall, Now y'all have met!

axman40
09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Found my receipt and it was Laura.
Laurie / Laura that's the one!

DiehardChris
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Just for full disclosure - I was sitting against the wall on the bar side that seperated the bar area from the back room that you guys took over... I was at the table close to the bathroom, wearing a dark blue Texans T-shirt.

Anyway - I'll be in the back room next week for sure.

Who is the guy with the long hair, the goatee, and the snakeskin cell phone case? Is he on this board?

NitroGSXR
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Would anyone object to the closed captioning being on on a few tvs? I've never had this problem before but I also never cared if it bothered someone else. I won't make them turn them all on but sure would love to have it on several rather than just one.

For those of you that don't know, me and my family are Deaf. Besides, it's loud in there isn't it?:fans: So captioning should do all of us good anyway!

Oh yeah, I'll DEFINITELY be there this Sunday. I'll try and look into getting some sort of Texans inflatable for the future. No, I won't buy it by Sunday but I'll definitely begin scoping out eBay and so forth. OH YEAH! I'm psyched! If I have to be wheeled in there on a scretcher, you can mark that happening because there ain't NO WAY in hell I'm missing this!

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Just for full disclosure - I was sitting against the wall on the bar side that seperated the bar area from the back room that you guys took over... I was at the table close to the bathroom, wearing a dark blue Texans T-shirt.

Who is the guy with the long hair, the goatee, and the snakeskin cell phone case? Is he on this board?

That sounds like Texanaitor?

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Hardcore and his wife were in front of me rockabilly, and Hardcore rockabilly was behind me agains the wall, Now y'all have met!

Oh, gotcha, I saw you rockabilly but I didn't get your name at the time.

DiehardChris
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Would anyone object to the closed captioning being on on a few tvs? I've never had this problem before but I also never cared if it bothered someone else. I won't make them turn them all on but sure would love to have it on several rather than just one.

For those of you that don't know, me and my family are Deaf. Besides, it's loud in there isn't it?:fans: So captioning should do all of us good anyway!

Of course not! We'll make it happen!

rickyb
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM

Oh yeah, I'll DEFINITELY be there this Sunday. I'll try and look into getting some sort of Texans inflatable for the future. No, I won't buy it by Sunday but I'll definitely begin scoping out eBay and so forth. OH YEAH! I'm psyched! If I have to be wheeled in there on a scretcher, you can mark that happening because there ain't NO WAY in hell I'm missing this!

Nitro, I will ask the A/V manager, Bill, at Third Base. He should be able to hook you up.

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM

We were on the opposite side of that same wall.

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I was sitting to the right of Hardcore and in front of BigWig and to my right was Rick.

hookinreds
09-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I'll kill 2 birds mit eine stone. Here is the response from Bill today. We are all set. The bold is my emphasis, for ease of reading.

Rick,

I am glad you all had a great time at Third Base. Next week looks to be the same time and situation for the Texan game. We are excited we have become the Houston Texan bar. We will have the entire restaurant with sound for the Houston game. It became obvious to us that the majority of the bar wanted that this past week.

One of our only problems that we have with big events is that everyone shows up at the same time and orders at the same time. So we go from 0- 300 people in 20 minutes. Now while this is a good problem to have, it does slow down service (food and drinks).

Maybe even more important is the reservation. We will reserve that back room for you and the Texan fans and you can put up a banner during the game. What we want to avoid is that room being held and the rest of the restaurant being full. It gets customers upset when they see empty tables for a half hour while they wait.

On Sunday if we can try to encourage your group to get to the bar before 11:30 it would alleviate both these problems. But really this next Sunday is not going to be the problem. The problem is going to be starting week 8 when there is a 4:00 game. We will work with you on that as we get closer to that date.

One more thing; did you have any waitresses that you really liked and would like to be always in that back room?

It was great to meet you all this past Sunday. Hopefully we’ll keep winning.

Thanks again for working with us,

Bill

So...just let BigWig know via the weekly message board thread if you will be coming, and how many.
I will send an email letting them know how many, based on the count at 12 noon on Friday.
Third Base are reserving that back room for us this week. It's our chance to fill it.

ANYONE -- can we get a banner made this week? Anyone have resources on which to draw there?

Rick

Ok...can't find my reciept, but our waitress in the bar area was not the one wearing the Cowgirl jersey (I have no idea how her service was). Our waitress had the pink Steelers hat on and did a fantastic job and had a great personallity. She was even spouting off about who she had in her starting line up this week for her fantasy team. I hope she got my Texans Koozie :drunk: we have a history me and that Koozie. The bench seat along the bar area made a good spot for my son to kick back and play his Nintendo DS during half time. Chances are I'll go for the same table. Besides like I mentioned before, it makes us look bigger if a few of us are scattered all over. I invite some to hang back there with us too. I'm less likely to miss my chair if I'm not trying to sit back down.

FatTabbyMama
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
I don't remember his name, but I think there was only one guy working the back room that day and he was great. So yeah, him. :)

I was in the back corner at a large table that we ended up sharing with a few people... Andrew, and Mike and Stephanie if my memory is correct (and I am terrible at names, so if that's right I am majorly impressed with myself!) Always nice to meet some new folks.

I'm planning on being there again this Sunday with a friend of mine in from New York (let's try not to hold that against him). There's a possibility I'll have to work Sunday morning but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't need me...

FatTabbyMama
09-11-2007, 02:02 AM

BTW, that jersey was awesome. Saw you leaving but didn't get a chance to say hello. I'm trying to salvage my jersey by carefully unsewing the Carr off the back...

DiehardChris
09-11-2007, 02:03 AM
I had the cute chick wearing the Astros shirt. She did a really good job, and was VERY friendly and VERY accomodating considering there was a rude-ass Redskin fan who was bitching at her for the game selection on the TVs. He was being a jerk, and totally took it out on her - and I saw some Texan fans giving her similar treatment - yet she kept smiling and was really friendly... don't know her name, but she was cool-headed. It would have been very understandable if she had gotten snippy, but she never did.

barrett
09-11-2007, 06:02 AM
well, it looks like it went fairly well. i'm glad to see that rockabilly is getting so much response with his website. i was at the game sunday but it sounds like the first run at 3rd Base was a win with a bit of a shaky start. hmmmmm sounds similar to the game it self. lets keep it going next sunday. my sports bar experience has always taught me to get there early if you want a good spot. the service is usually pretty bad but the best part is that there are a bunch of people yelling and or cheering for your team and thats what it's all about.

in the end, KEYE not showing the game may have really helped us to get a Home Base by forcing people out to watch the games. maybe we should all be sending them thank you letters instead of hate mail.

Go Texans!

rickyb
09-11-2007, 07:43 AM
NITRO and everyone -- the closed-captioning is set, no sweat.

Rick

NitroGSXR
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
NITRO and everyone -- the closed-captioning is set, no sweat.

Rick
Yes sir!:fans:

BigWig
09-11-2007, 08:36 AM
That sounds like Texanaitor?

Yes that was the one and only Texanator, or Kevin!

Texanator
09-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah Chris, that was me / Kevin. I got tired of the " We don't have room, you'll have to wait for a table" so I just grabbed a few tables and chairs and took them to the back room and we all enjoyed the Arse Whoopin we put on the Chefs. I was glad to see the turn out and let's go have fun again.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

DiehardChris
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Ah, good to know! Kevin, I'll see you out there Sunday and we'll raise hell all over again!

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
So I was very disapointed that the Texans won't be shown on sundays and a friend refered me to this site. I am happy to see fellow Texan fans getting together. Will you guys be at 3rd base this sunday, sorry I didnt go back any pages so im just making sure. Also do they have wi-fi there?

Specnatz
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
So I was very disapointed that the Texans won't be shown on sundays and a friend refered me to this site. I am happy to see fellow Texan fans getting together. Will you guys be at 3rd base this sunday, sorry I didnt go back any pages so im just making sure. Also do they have wi-fi there?

Yes and Yes, not sure on if the wifi is free or if it is like McDonalds and they charge a small fee.

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes and Yes, not sure on if the wifi is free or if it is like McDonalds and they charge a small fee.

ok ill be there this sunday, ill be wearing the old draft hat (and going to be looking for a battle red tshirt this week to wear), I think it was from our first year. Is the food decent there and how is parking?

DiehardChris
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Tons of free garage parking. See you there!

Hardcore Texan
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah Chris, that was me / Kevin. I got tired of the " We don't have room, you'll have to wait for a table" so I just grabbed a few tables and chairs and took them to the back room and we all enjoyed the Arse Whoopin we put on the Chefs. I was glad to see the turn out and let's go have fun again.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Yeah, thanks to Kevin for getting us in into the room, and the tequila wasn't bad either.

Texanator
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Tee Hee..................Tequila and the Texans winning.................what could better?????:texflag: :texflag::cool: :texflag: :texflag:

Specnatz
09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Tee Hee..................Tequila and the Texans winning.................what could better?????:texflag: :texflag::cool: :texflag: :texflag:

Stippers?

Please ladies I am only kidding do not hit me.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
ok so in order to get ready for this sunday I was trying to go get a Texans shirt at Academy and WOW was it sorry. Anyone know where I can get a decent one. I guess I can try the mall but was trying to avoid that.

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Ok...I just invited the Sports Directors from Austin affiliates of Fox, NBC, and ABC and Channel 8 to the watch party.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We are extending an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area.

As you know, the Houston Texans are not being broadcast locally by one of your competing stations as they would rather broadcast the Tennessee Titans. To them Neilson ratings are 100% responsible for their programming schedule, despite our close proximity to the team located in the same state 150 miles down the road. I can appreciate the fact that your marketing department uses these rating to drive advertising dollars as well, and those dollars make a successful business. However, overlooking the local team is ridiculous. I wonder how the local advertisers would feel to have their products put to the side in favor of a national product? I guess they will find out soon enough as we let them know how displease we are with the station they choose to spend their advertising dollar. That other station has said that they were the “Home of the Texans”, lie. They stated that they would broadcast the first game of the season and go from there, but I guess we all know how that turn into another lie. Then they claim that the Texans will get even time, but that is only because they are “forced” to show the games in weeks 3, 4 and 5 because the Titans play on Monday night in week 3, are off in week 4 and will be on the NFC broadcast for week 5. They are doing no one any favors, only filling the gap left open by the Titans with the Texans feed. We don’t accept the fact that the Texans are gap fillers. The team has changed. We have removed the one thing that has kept the team from progressing and replaced it with a real quarterback. In addition, our offense and defense has a year under its coaching crew and is playing with pride, respect and following it up with results.

3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story, but you better come early if you want a seat!

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok...I just invited the Sports Directors from Austin affiliates of Fox, NBC, and ABC and Channel 8 to the watch party.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We are extending an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area.

As you know, the Houston Texans are not being broadcast locally by one of your competing stations as they would rather broadcast the Tennessee Titans. To them Neilson ratings are 100% responsible for their programming schedule, despite our close proximity to the team located in the same state 150 miles down the road. I can appreciate the fact that your marketing department uses these rating to drive advertising dollars as well, and those dollars make a successful business. However, overlooking the local team is ridiculous. I wonder how the local advertisers would feel to have their products put to the side in favor of a national product? I guess they will find out soon enough as we let them know how displease we are with the station they choose to spend their advertising dollar. That other station has said that they were the “Home of the Texans”, lie. They stated that they would broadcast the first game of the season and go from there, but I guess we all know how that turn into another lie. Then they claim that the Texans will get even time, but that is only because they are “forced” to show the games in weeks 3, 4 and 5 because the Titans play on Monday night in week 3, are off in week 4 and will be on the NFC broadcast for week 5. They are doing no one any favors, only filling the gap left open by the Titans with the Texans feed. We don’t accept the fact that the Texans are gap fillers. The team has changed. We have removed the one thing that has kept the team from progressing and replaced it with a real quarterback. In addition, our offense and defense has a year under its coaching crew and is playing with pride, respect and following it up with results.

3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story, but you better come early if you want a seat!

Any responses?

J-Russ
09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
ok so in order to get ready for this sunday I was trying to go get a Texans shirt at Academy and WOW was it sorry. Anyone know where I can get a decent one. I guess I can try the mall but was trying to avoid that.

The Reebok store at the outlet mall has a bunch of Texans clothing.

hookinreds
09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
The Reebok store at the outlet mall has a bunch of Texans clothing.

Becuase I don't go shopping, I go buying...are you talking about Round Rock or San Marcos?

J-Russ
09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Becuase I don't go shopping, I go buying...are you talking about Round Rock or San Marcos?

Round Rock.