PDA

View Full Version : Chad stanley isn't cut?

powerfuldragon
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
i'm looking at our roster (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html) and i see that chad stanley is on IR. why would the team put him on IR and not cut him outright if turk's our punter?

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 11:33 AM
maybe because they could not cut him because he was injurred, so they had no choice but to put him on IR.

swtbound07
09-05-2007, 11:48 AM
i think stanley did well enough in camp to give him the job next year...but turk has it this year. Turk is great for one year, but he's no spring chicken. Long term, stanley is probably the future

Cjeremy635
09-05-2007, 11:52 AM
maybe because they could not cut him because he was injurred, so they had no choice but to put him on IR.

I made this comment the other day and someone said it wasn't the case. But, wasn't this what got the rise out of everyone that Bettis just announced. Same type scenario if you ask me. :shades:

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Actually to be placed on IR an independent doctor from the NFL has to approve the IR. There was the report at first that he was cut and so was Abbate and then they were showed to have been placed on IR.

MissouriTexan
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
i think stanley did well enough in camp to give him the job next year...but turk has it this year. Turk is great for one year, but he's no spring chicken. Long term, stanley is probably the future

What's wrong with Turk long term?

bigbrewster2000
09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
What's wrong with Turk long term?

You me an aside from the fact that he's old?:specnatz:

MissouriTexan
09-05-2007, 12:18 PM
You me an aside from the fact that he's old?:specnatz:

Well, I do think he has a couple more years in him.