PDA

View Full Version : Jags showing respect

Carr Bombed
09-05-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm not really into power rankings, but did think this was quite interesting...

http://www.jaguars.com/news/powerrankings.aspx

YellerLotYeller
09-05-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm not really into power rankings, but did think this was quite interesting...

http://www.jaguars.com/news/powerrankings.aspx

12...Not what I want to see....I like the sneak attack method myself.

Carr Bombed
09-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Well if there ever was a writer of a team that would put us that high, it would be the Jags. I mean with the beat downs we put on them, I'm surprised he didn't make us a top 5 team.

Andrew6
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
I think I smell fear coming from the Jags:pirate: :cowboy1: :user:

YellerLotYeller
09-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Well if there ever was a writer of a team that would put us that high, it would be the Jags. I mean with the beat downs we put on them, I'm surprised he didn't make us a top 5 team.

So true..the pussycats are our whipping boys.

Malloy
09-05-2007, 04:27 AM
So true..the pussycats are our whipping boys.

Whipping Boys = Pussycats

Cowboys = Boyp...

I'm confused.. :)

Vinny
09-05-2007, 08:53 AM
They know we sweep them each year and want to look good.

Texans_Chick
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Usually, I kinda blow off these things, but in general, I think that writer has some interesting things to say.

It is really easy to come up with power rankings that just reflect what happened last year without seeing what is happening this year.

In going through it, with the mini-summaries, I actually can see where he is going. I think he has Atlanta a little high.

So I suppose he is buying what the Texans are selling.

Hervoyel
09-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Jaguars showing respect?

I don't want or require their respect. Only their submission and I have no doubt we'll get that (as usual).

powerfuldragon
09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
... they have themselves ranked at #10... 10/32... yeah, this power ranking is legit.

gtexan02
09-05-2007, 11:17 AM
our fans are so fickle. We are ranked in the 30's, we are upset. We are ranked high, all the "we dont need your stinking respect" comments start flooding out.

What makes you happy??

HOU-TEX
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
our fans are so fickle. We are ranked in the 30's, we are upset. We are ranked high, all the "we dont need your stinking respect" comments start flooding out.

What makes you happy??

"W's" :texflag:

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 11:36 AM

What makes you happy??

cowgirls ranked below us?

Shaft75
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Anyone catch NFL Live last night? When they did the "more or less" segment for the AFC South.

They took all of the teams wins from last year and asked Eric Davis and Sean Salsbury if the teams would have more or less wins. Eric Davis said that the Texans would have less because of how much the other teams in the division have improved. Then he goes along to say that the Titans and the Colts would have less and the Jaguars stay the same. Then Salsbury says the same for the Texans.

Was "same" a legit answer for "more or less"? Those guys kill me.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone catch NFL Live last night? When they did the "more or less" segment for the AFC South.

They took all of the teams wins from last year and asked Eric Davis and Sean Salsbury if the teams would have more or less wins. Eric Davis said that the Texans would have less because of how much the other teams in the division have improved. Then he goes along to say that the Titans and the Colts would have less and the Jaguars stay the same. Then Salsbury says the same for the Texans.

I am just curious what the hell eric (I thought it was eric allen) calls improved?

Shaft75
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I am just curious what the hell eric (I thought it was eric allen) calls improved?

Yeah it was Allen. I get confused with him and the Baseball Tonight guy. They have way too many so-called experts.

But yeah, why say teams are improved and then say that all of the teams are going to have a worse record?

Errant Hothy
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM

Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!? Is he looking at the Bizarro AFC South or something? Tenn and Indy both had personnal loses, and JAx...I don't know...cut there starting QB (and while this may actually make them better) you can't rule out the posability that it could "F" their season.

Salsbury steak is about the dumbest person on ESPN.

BigBull17
09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
ESPN is trying SOOO hard not to say we are gonna be a contender in the AFC South because we didnt take Reggie. I know it sounds conspiracy theory, but they proclaimed him the MVP for the next 10 years and we said no thanks. They wont give us props until we win the SB. Its brainless to say the rest of the division improved so much and we did nothing. You lose all credability when you say it. WHat a joke.

Hagar
09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Interesting ranking.

We're definetly better then most of the rankings which put us at 25-28. But 12 may be a little too high. Until we beat teams like Pittsburgh, Denver and Phili, I don't see us being that good.

It is nice to get a little respect though.

HJam72
09-05-2007, 02:06 PM

What makes you happy??

Getting respect and pretending we don't care. :shades:

Hervoyel
09-05-2007, 05:44 PM

What makes you happy??

An end to "respect" threads would make me happy. I hate these things. The whines about how one team/network/magazine/fan gives us no respect are just as bad as the crowds that form on any thread where some team/network/magazine/fan says a kind word about us.

I don't care about what other teams have to say about us or what ESPN or whoever says about us. All I want in this world is to see the Texans beat the snot out of people. I don't want to win games by 3 points all the time or play hard and have other teams and fans talk about how good we are getting. I want to hang 30+ on a few people and enjoy the satisfaction that only comes from crushing the other team. We don't get enough of that.

Hervoyel, what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their cheerleaders!

Seņor Stan
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their cheerleaders!

This is fitting because Texan's fans have been on the "Wheel of Pain" for the past five years.

Errant Hothy
09-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Herv...Stan...Bravo to the both of you!

I'd sing your praises, but "I have no tongue for it."

Bull Pen 1
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
An end to "respect" threads would make me happy. I hate these things. The whines about how one team/network/magazine/fan gives us no respect are just as bad as the crowds that form on any thread where some team/network/magazine/fan says a kind word about us.

I don't care about what other teams have to say about us or what ESPN or whoever says about us. All I want in this world is to see the Texans beat the snot out of people. I don't want to win games by 3 points all the time or play hard and have other teams and fans talk about how good we are getting. I want to hang 30+ on a few people and enjoy the satisfaction that only comes from crushing the other team. We don't get enough of that.

I hear ya, I'm can't wait for us to score 40 points in a game, that has never happened. We probally made it in the 30's maybe 4 or 5 times in 5 years, and those games the offense didn't score all the points.

JohnsonFan
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
cant wait till we sweep the jags again this year

aj.
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Ketchman is a genius.

That is until he says something bad about the Texans, in which case he's an iddyit.

The Pencil Neck
09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
<insert name here> is a genius.

That is until he/she says something bad about the Texans, in which case he/she's an iddyit.

Fixed it for you.

HJam72
09-06-2007, 12:47 AM
OK, I'll bite:

I can't wait 'till we score 50+ on somebody, and kill their dog too!....wait, that's not a good idea right now.

rush2112mn
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
ESPN has had it in for the Texans going back for forever. They are not going to give us any props until we have a winning season. I don't like it. But I can't worry about what they or any other national media outlet says about they think of our team. I will like it when they have to eat some crow at the end of this year....:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: