PDA

View Full Version : How's Amobi doing?

stingray
09-04-2007, 01:39 AM
I have only watched one preseason game so far. But with all the talk of Jacoby, I haven't heard much about our first round pick Amobi. I hope that Jacoby turns out to be something special but I think the franchise will be defined by our last two first round picks in okoye and mario. If these two guys play like they are supposed to play then the sky is the limit for this franchise. But anyway, back to my original question, how has Amobi been playing?

YoungTexanFan
09-04-2007, 02:40 AM
He has looked like a 20 year old kid among 30 year old men. He has shown flashes, but is a few years away from dominance if he ever gets there. Don't expect a lot from him right now.

PapaL
09-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Thats the bad part of selecting DL. Most times they take years to blossom. Some times though teams stumble across a Warren Sapp or J. Kearse and well they set the NFL ablaze. Year two should give a good clue to find out if we drafted the next Gerrad Warren and Courtney Brown duo.

mexican_texan
09-04-2007, 07:19 AM
He looked awesome at times. More often than not, he had little to no impact

BattleRedToro
09-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Against the Cowboys, which have a somewhat highly regarded O-Line, and was the game in which he saw the most playing time during the preseason, he was able to get good pressure against the pass, and played the run well too, as did the whole front 7.

alphajoker
09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Against the Cowboys, which have a somewhat highly regarded O-Line, and was the game in which he saw the most playing time during the preseason, he was able to get good pressure against the pass, and played the run well too, as did the whole front 7.

He got himself a sack that game too, right? I think Orr got the credit but I'm pretty sure Okoye was the one that actually took down Romo at the end of the 2nd Qtr.

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
In the first game against the Bears, he was totally manhandled but he still got pressure on Grossman once in limited action.

I didn't really notice him the second game.

He was starting to show some flashes in the Cowboys game.

I think he's going to be fine but expect him to be rotated in and out a lot.