PDA

View Full Version : Oh Wow! Dunta Robinson Robbed

StarStruck
09-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Watching the 10 p.m. news and is was reported that Robinson was robbed at gun point in his gated community home. Sad!

MissouriTexan
09-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Anyone know if there's a link to this story anywhere?

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:11 PM
omg thats horrible and in a gated community! it so bad what these players have to go through

MissouriTexan
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
omg thats horrible and in a gated community! it so bad what these players have to go through

Yeah, getting paid millions a year much be terrible :splits:

jaybird
09-03-2007, 11:14 PM

and no one except professional football players get robbed in Houston.

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:14 PM
but i assume they are targeted more becuase they ware worth so much

Leahmic223
09-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Yeah, paid millions to play a game...what a horrible life.

Bur seriously, I hope he and whoever was around is alright. I could imagine being robbed at gunpoint is a very intense moment.

Is there a article, what channel was this on?

Honoring Earl 34
I can see Michael Vick's lawyers saying ... your honor this is the very reason why Michaels got all of them dogs .

jaybird

probably just some punk out looking to rob someone... and Daunte unfortunatly walked by. But who knows.

StarStruck
09-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Link:
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070903_ac_siennarobbery.9abe25ed.html

Leahmic223
09-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Yeah true, but I am sure any one with any type of money is a target, that is just the way it is.

MissouriTexan
09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
He's not one to get in with the wrong kind of people is he?

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Link:
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070903_ac_siennarobbery.9abe25ed.html

wow holy crap i live in Sienna Plantation! thats scary dang ,wow but thats cool i never knew he lived here! ballin

Leahmic223
09-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Link:

Thanks for that, glad to hear that no one got hurt. Those criminals will get caught eventually and get what they deserve some way some how. It doesn't say what time this happened I am sure it happened sometime at night, you would think he'd have a solid security system for his home

TheRealJoker
09-03-2007, 11:27 PM
So they duct taped Dunta and held him at gunpoint or someone else at the house? The article doesn't make it clear that Dunta was even at home when this took place?

White Runningback
09-03-2007, 11:30 PM
wow holy crap i live in Sienna Plantation! thats scary dang ,wow but thats cool i never knew he lived here! ballin

I live in SP too and I leave my door unlocked all the time. Times are a changin' I guess.

Sounds like he got robbed by some hobbits or little kids or something.

Leahmic223
09-03-2007, 11:30 PM
So they duct taped Dunta and held him at gunpoint or someone else at the house? The article doesn't make it clear that Dunta was even at home when this took place?

I think if Dunta was the one duct-taped it would state it.

But you are right, it doesn't make clear as to whether he was at the house or if he was somewhere else and a family member or friend was just there.

I think maybe a family member was there while he was out doing something hopefully legal and recreational and those criminals broke in and ductaped that person.

StarStruck
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM

Link #2:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5632067

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Link #2:

wow this is scary that it happend so close to my house lol i just locked the doors, but besides that thanks for the second article its more clear

Yankee_In_TX
09-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Wong lives there, too. [Sienna, they're reporting different neighborhoods?]

Man, the photo they posted looks like a mug shot :(

Leahmic223
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Link #2:

Thanks for that one, that one is more clear.

That is a shame, it really is.

TheRealJoker
09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Thank god our little star CB is okay phew!!!

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:43 PM
that could have really ended nasty, yea its like 100 differnt miny subdivisions in here, i know wong , robinson and putzier lives in here (carr used to) anyone else?

utahmark
09-03-2007, 11:44 PM
someone should tell him that the suspects are from kc.

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 11:54 PM
me? are they really?

utahmark
09-03-2007, 11:56 PM
me? are they really?

thats how rumors get started. no!!! it was a joke, not even a good one.

JohnsonFan
09-04-2007, 12:07 AM
lol ok

2BCF
09-04-2007, 01:01 AM
someone should tell him that the suspects are from kc.

LOL.
"Yeah, those Cheifs fans messed you up Dunta!"

Odds are much greater that they're Saints fans.

YellerLotYeller
09-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Wow if Jacoby is looking for a house, I hope he doesnt move to Sienna.

YellerLotYeller
09-04-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL.
"Yeah, those Cheif fans messed you up Dunta!"

Odds are much greater that they're Saints fans.:ohsnap:

JohnsonFan
09-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Wow if Jacoby is looking for a house, I hope he doesnt move to Sienna.
sienna is really nice man, we actually have the lowest crime rate in texas (or top 2) its really nice you have so much land for so much cheaper then when u live in the city and pay the same price or more and get like no land. Its beautiful, seclusive and there is so much wildlife here, u can go out side at night and actually see all the stars. i mean u hear about robberies and so many killings and such in the city we have one or 2 here its not bad

YellerLotYeller
09-04-2007, 01:17 AM
sienna is really nice man, we actually have the lowest crime rate in texas (or top 2) its really nice you have so much land for so much cheaper then when u live in the city and pay the same price or more and get like no land. Its beautiful, seclusive and there is so much wildlife here, u can go out side at night and actually see all the stars. i mean u hear about robberies and so many killings and such in the city we have one or 2 here its not bad

I was just joking...I know about Sienna and even looked at a home there. I actually got to meet Carr out there a couple of years ago at an event. Its just like any other master planned community where criminals come in to do their "business." Some of my neighbors recently got kidnapped at the mailboxes in our safe neighborhood too. It's the Houston area man...you cant hide from the scum, they commute just like the rest of us.

I just dont see it as a coincidence....hell anyone can go to tax records and find out where athletes live.

Shaft75
09-04-2007, 01:17 AM
LOL.
Odds are much greater that they're Saints fans.

:rofl:

Carr Bombed
09-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Its those damn Katricians again.

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2006/09/22/StateLocal/Ad.Warns.Against.katricians-2303112.shtml

YellerLotYeller
09-04-2007, 01:53 AM
that could have really ended nasty, yea its like 100 differnt miny subdivisions in here, i know wong , robinson and putzier lives in here (carr used to) anyone else?

Mathis, Bruener and Rafer Alston all live in Dunta's section.

Carr Bombed
09-04-2007, 02:03 AM

The usual suspect.

Does anybody know Alston's whereabouts, during the time of this robbery?

TEXANS84
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Unbelievable. Good to hear that he's ok, but I'm sure that is completely terrified of his surroundings now.

TexansCM
09-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I live about 5 blocks from Dunta's neighborhood and I have seen the gate open several times. There are still some houses being built in that area so the contractors are always coming in and out. There is a new neighborhood with a guard station coming soon.

I love Sienna and feel very safe, but still lock my doors and turn on the alarm. The thing about Sienna there is only a few ways to get out of the neighborhood and it takes at least 5-6 minutes to get to hwy 6. Not the easiest getaway.

nunusguy
09-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I just dont see it as a coincidence....hell anyone can go to tax records and find out where athletes live.
I doubt that it was anything even slightly sophisticated like that.
I suspect these guys had an acquaintance or a friend of a friend who had been to D-Robs house on social occations and knew about a certain
doorway(s) that usually remained unsecured. In other words, kinda an "inside
job".
BTW, you guys that own in D-Robs neighborhood or look there for a potential
purchase - contgrats. Based upon the looks of his place we are now seeing on TV because of this incident, you guys must be loaded !

Yankee_In_TX
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM

The criminals are just commuting to work.

Texan_Bill
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
The usual suspect.

Does anybody know Alston's whereabouts, during the time of this robbery?

Yes... Rafer was in New York... just cuttin' up!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2007, 12:40 PM
At gun point! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3003474)

Texan Asylum
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry Cloak, but a thread is already started.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41631

TexansSeminole
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Yea I saw this. Glad nobody was hurt and if it was Robinson...it was smart for him to not try and be a hero.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry Cloak, but a thread is already started.
Sorry, must have overlooked it.............moderator, please delete this thread.

Hardcore Texan
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Wow, very sad. I hope they catch the people who did it and thank goodness he's okay.

Keep your doors locked no matter what neighborhood you live in.

hot pickle
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
there lucky that they had guns on them... cause dunta woulda knocked them the ******* out... lol... from what ive heard from people that went to HS with him.. he doesnt take any crap... he'll knock you out if you piss him off

Texan Asylum
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
there lucky that they had guns on them... cause dunta woulda knocked them the ******* out... lol... from what ive heard from people that went to HS with him.. he doesnt take any crap... he'll knock you out if you piss him off

It'll be really interesting to see how this translates into his performance on Sunday.

Let's hope he's :bat: instead of :francis: .

I think he'll be alright. :texflag:

dskillz
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I love Sienna and feel very safe, but still lock my doors and turn on the alarm. The thing about Sienna there is only a few ways to get out of the neighborhood and it takes at least 5-6 minutes to get to hwy 6. Not the easiest getaway.

So there are people who don't lock their doors?

jaayteetx
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Thank God he wasn't hurt, too bad stuff like this goes on everyday.

JohnsonFan
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
wow thats cool what about sienna plantation its self? like not just his part? (and how do u know this stuff?

Andrew6
09-04-2007, 05:15 PM
not sure if this was posted but :

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5104938.html

Fort Bend County authorities are looking for two men who entered the home of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson, tied him up with duct tape and then robbed him.

The robbery took place shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday at the house in the 20 block of Steve Fuqua Place, sheriff's deputies said.

No injuries were reported.

The house is in the Sienna Plantation community near Missouri City.

The black male suspects had bandanas covering their faces and entered through an unlocked door, officers said.

One robber was about five feet, eight inches tall and weighed about 160 pounds. He was wearing a white t-shirt and red shorts, deputies said.

The other robber was was about five feet, seven inches tall and weighed about 140 pounds. He was wearing dark sweat pants and a gray T-shirt. Police said both men were wearing Los Angeles Dodgers baseball caps.

Officers said one of the men walked into the living room of the home and, at gunpoint, ordered Robinson to lie on the floor and then bound him with duct tape.

In the meantime, deputies said, the other man was searching the home for valuables.

The men took several pieces of jewelry and fled.

Investigators asked that anyone with information about the robbers call Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS.

A reward of up to $5,000 could be available for anyone providing information that leads to an arrest and the filing of charges, authorities said.

I think thats kinda messed up myself poor guy. I wonder if he'll be focused even on the game Sunday.

Errant Hothy
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM
posted already:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41631

GuerillaBlack
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
The Chiefs are theifs!

TEXANS84
09-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Sad to hear that his girlfriend and his two daugters (2years old and 3 months) were both involved as well, as they were put into a closet.

StarStruck
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Given the number of criminals looking for places to hit, I don't know why reporters continue to include someone's home address in the news story.

GuerillaBlack
09-05-2007, 07:20 AM
^^You think they care? They really just want a story...especially the KPRC wierdos.

MightyTExan
09-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Update:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5107666.html
Robbery of Texans player puzzles officers
RICHMOND — Detectives were trying to determine Tuesday how two gunmen who robbed Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson were able to get into the gated community where he lives.

Not to sound jaded, but there is probably more to this than we know. Ususally on the news when I see cases like this, it always turns out the victim knows who did the crime.

StarStruck
09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Update:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5107666.html
Robbery of Texans player puzzles officers
RICHMOND Detectives were trying to determine Tuesday how two gunmen who robbed Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson were able to get into the gated community where he lives.

Not to sound jaded, but there is probably more to this than we know. Ususally on the news when I see cases like this, it always turns out the victim knows who did the crime.

I would prefer to give the family the benefit of the doubt. I haven't been over in Sienna in quite a while and don't know if the gate to that community has round-the-clock guards. If not, it isn't too difficult to follow someone in or if as someone said previously, the gate could have been left open for contractors.

If this had happened in Royal Oaks, then I would question how anyone was able to get by the forest rangers and speed laws and not be detected.

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
There was still a construction entrance into Royal Oaks too. Stevie and Cat better be on the look-out...

StarStruck
09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
There was still a construction entrance into Royal Oaks too. Stevie and Cat better be on the look-out...

There are so many gates within the gated community that it would certainly take an ambitious robber to get through all the checkpoints. If I recall correctly, there are only about five or so houses (all completed) behind the gate leading to Cat's house.

2BCF
09-06-2007, 12:47 AM
^^You think they care? They really just want a story...especially the KPRC wierdos.

Yep, ITA. They're like wrecker drivers after an accident.
Except for KPRC's Elizabeth Scarborough, she can feign sincerity with me any day of the week.

Koolaid Time
09-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Thats what I like about living in West University Place.. something goes down a 911 call gets the Police there in under 3 minutes...

YellerLotYeller
09-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Chron.com (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5118491.html)

A 27-year-old Houston man has been arrested in connection with the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last week, Fort Bend authorities said.

Terrance Johnson was en route to a Fort Bend County jail late Friday on a warrant for aggravated robbery after Robinson identified him in a lineup at the downtown Houston jail, said Terriann Carlson, a spokeswoman for the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.

"Apparently he was picked up on an unrelated incident (in Houston) and he had Dunta Robinson's watch," Carlson said. "That was one of the items taken during the home invasion."

Doh...what a dumass.

GuerillaBlack
09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
There are so many gates within the gated community that it would certainly take an ambitious robber to get through all the checkpoints. If I recall correctly, there are only about five or so houses (all completed) behind the gate leading to Cat's house.

Whose Cat?

Thats what I like about living in West University Place.. something goes down a 911 call gets the Police there in under 3 minutes...

West University Place is also richy rich, so they get good coverage.

Brando
09-08-2007, 10:55 AM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/09/08/7799862/311xInlineGallery.jpg

Terrance Johnson, 27, is shown in a photo released by the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office. He was arrested in connection with the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last week, officials said.

Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5118491.html)

He will be in the facemask of the Chiefs tomorrow.

StarStruck
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Whose Cat?

West University Place is also richy rich, so they get good coverage.

I was referring to Cuttino Mobley

Indeed West U is upscale, but with todays crime figures, no amount of security is 100 percent. Even within three minutes, someone could strike, as with the railcar rapist murderer.

GuerillaBlack
09-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Check out this guy's background (The Chron). Notice how he has some sort of ties with a lot of cities we play this year:

"Terrance Johnson was born in Kansas City. At the age of 9, his parents divorced and he moved to Charlotte, North Carolina with an aunt. By the age of 12, his dad was doing good for himself and asked little Terrance to move to Indianapolis with him. At 16, his dad took him to Miami and then Jacksonville, where Terrance said he truly felt at home, (because Disney was near by). He spent every single summer until the age of 18 in Atlanta, with his mother who had summer custody. At 17, he met his sweetheart online. She first lived in Memphis, then Nashville, Tennessee. Later, she moved to San Diego, and at 19, he stole a car to go see her. They fell in love and moved to Oakland. Since not all good things last, they split up. He moved to Cleveland with an uncle while she returned to Tennessee. He stayed in Cleveland for several months, before returning to Jacksonville where he always said he felt at home. He got in trouble with the law there and fled to Tampa Bay. Things didnt work out financially and he went to look for his mom in Atlanta, when he finds out she moved to New Orleans. He officially moves to New Orleans for good until Katrina happened, then came to Houston. He robbed Dunta Robinson in need of money to return to Indianapolis."

OzzO
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
***WARNING - THREAD RIVIVAL******

Just in case you were wondering what ever happened....
A man who pleaded guilty to holding Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson at gunpoint during a 2007 robbery at his Missouri City home has been sentenced to 25 years in prison, prosecutors said Friday.

Roderick Darnell Johnson pleaded guilty Feb. 9 to aggravated robbery, the Fort Bend County District Attorney's office said.

Roderick Johnson and his cousin, Terrence Johnson, entered Robinson's home in suburban Houston on Sept. 1, 2007. While one of the robbers searched the house, the other tied and held Robinson at gunpoint.

Chronic (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6864168.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo)

Hardcore Texan
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm glad they nailed these scumbags.

BIG TORO
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
They need to lock up people like that for life!!!!!!!

My parents are in there 70's and they got robbed at gun point at my fathers liquor store last week it turned into a shoot out. My parents were not hurt but it really pisses me off I hope the police find the criminals.

NitroGSXR
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
25 years? And Dunta's still walking around? Chee... He only stole ten million this year. :lol:

HOU-TEX
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Nice to see justice prevail. I reckon Dunta's happy too after having gone through such an ordeal.

Pollardized
02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
This is why so many people, especially in the Houston area, carry handguns. You don't even need a CHL to carry in your vehicle now. It just has to remain concealed in your vehicle. I keep mine between my seat and the middle seat, with a rag over it. If I were to be car jacked, when I reach over to undo my seat belt, my .40cal Glock is coming back up. When I walk to and from my truck, my gun is in hand. Too many people are robbed in their own driveways. Odds are they are going to shoot you anyway, you may as well put up a fight. It's sad it has to be that way, but it's the world we live in.

BIG TORO
02-12-2010, 04:04 PM
This is why so many people, especially in the Houston area, carry handguns. You don't even need a CHL to carry in your vehicle now. It just has to remain concealed in your vehicle. I keep mine between my seat and the middle seat, with a rag over it. If I were to be car jacked, when I reach over to undo my seat belt, my .40cal Glock is coming back up. When I walk to and from my truck, my gun is in hand. Too many people are robbed in their own driveways. Odds are they are going to shoot you anyway, you may as well put up a fight. It's sad it has to be that way, but it's the world we live in.

Yea your right! I cary Px4 storm 9mm and I do the same!

Dr2bKay
02-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Chronic (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6864168.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo)

WTF 25 years...seriously for robbing...Folks charged with manslaugther get less time than that....wow....

Yankee, is this a common sentence for robbery?

StarStruck
02-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Great! Thank goodness that I have never had such an experience as an armed robbery, but know the feeling of a burglary with someone invading my space and having their personal shopping spree at my expense. It's good to know that at least he will not have the opportunity to put someone else through that ordeal for a good number of years.

Ben Frank
02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
and no one except professional football players get robbed in Houston.

Carl Landry got shot last year!

threetoedpete
02-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Anyone know if there's a link to this story anywhere?

Yeah go back about a year ago. It's rattling around in here some where in the archives.

Harsh. Both guys got twenty five years. Which means they won't see a woman under the best circumstances for about twelve and a half ?

A clear and distinct message....don't mess with the Houston major league ball players. I feel kinda of sorry for them going to one of those TDC he77 holes.

This was a real bad idea guys.

Goatcheese
02-13-2010, 04:17 AM
WTF 25 years...seriously for robbing...Folks charged with manslaugther get less time than that....wow....

Armed robbery, breaking and entering, trespassing, kidnapping, false imprisonment, etc. adds up fast.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
I said this in the other 'Dunta Robbed' thread:

Dunta robbed? Dunta robbed the Texans of nearly $10 million.

Mr teX
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM

Plus it says they picked him up on an another unrelated charge...god knows what that was.

Texan_Bill
02-15-2010, 01:41 PM

This was ''aggravated robbery".

Generally, manslaughter doesn't involve premeditation or malice, but I'm no attorney.

BIG TORO
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM

The Detectives in my Dad's case said if they catch the robbers there looking at minimal 25 years without parole because it was a liquor store and they shot off rounds inside.