PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars sign Glenn

Brando
09-03-2007, 01:30 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars added depth to their secondary Monday, signing veteran cornerback Aaron Glenn.
yahoo sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txjaguarsglenn&prov=st&type=lgns)

the wonger need food
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Sweet. I'll bet Andre is drooling over this...

TexansLucky13
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I wish the best for him with the Jags (except for Texans games, of course). I think he is a bit old, though.

Twitch-Houston
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I like Glenn, but I despise the Jaguars. This is horrible news. I don't know which is worse, when he was a Cowboy or now that he is a Jaguar. Glad he still gets to play though cause, like I said, I like him as a player.

SheTexan
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't like this at all. I just don't

the wonger need food
09-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't like this at all. I just don't

Even after watching him get chewed up and spit out by Andre Johnson this preseason? If Glenn gets any playing time for the Jags they are in serious trouble.

SheTexan
09-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey, it's a pay check and he likes to play. I saw him beat the Steelers himself.

That's just it. Aaron got burned by AJ, he won't forget. I think he still has a lot in the tank and would like nothing more than to pay back. I don't think he'll have a bad time at all if he is matched up against Mathis or Davis. Let's just hope Kubes puts JJ in against him. JJ will have him for lunch!!:doot:

TexansSeminole
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
That's just it. Aaron got burned by AJ, he won't forget. I think he still has a lot in the tank and would like nothing more than to pay back. I don't think he'll have a bad time at all if he is matched up against Mathis or Davis. Let's just hope Kubes puts JJ in against him. JJ will have him for lunch!!:doot:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. That's a rookie up against a player with alot of experience and skill. Glenn may be old for the NFL now but I think he would do a formidable job against our #3-5 WRs.

The only reason I would have given for us not getting Glenn is that when he gets playing time players like Bennett will not receive playing time. We need guys like Bennett to get playing time so they can progress.

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
this may bite us in the rump

TexansSeminole
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Here is what S Roy Williams thinks about the release of Glenn: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8020844a

mexican_texan
09-03-2007, 07:33 PM
This isn't the first time the hags signed one of our rejected DBs.

TexansSeminole
09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
This isn't the first time the hags signed one of our rejected DBs.

In all fairness to the Jags and to Glenn, that was awhile back and we should not have rejected him.

mexican_texan
09-03-2007, 09:06 PM
In all fairness to the Jags and to Glenn, that was awhile back and we should not have rejected him.
Yeah, but in all fairness, they picked up and started Kenny Wright.

Mr teX
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Jacoby should be licking his chops right now .....

Errant Hothy
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Why is everybody so worried? Glenn is done, and while he was a great pro and had several good games for the Texans he is done. He was cut by the Cowboys, who after T Newman (who is out with platiar fancitis (SP?)) they have a bunch of guys...and I mean a bunch of nobodies. They had to sign a DB cut by the Ravens, who they thought was a better option then Glenn.

Everybody calm down.

nunusguy
09-04-2007, 11:08 AM
"Williams said Glenn was the Cowboys' third-best cornerback.
"Yeah, most definitely, he's a great cornerback for us," Williams said. "I feel that if Terence [Newman] couldn't play, Aaron would be the person that would have started."
Newman is battling a foot injury and his status for the season opener Sunday is in question. "
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/090407dnspocowbriefs.27b8efd.html
Apparently this decision to cut Glenn didn't set too well with his former
Cowboy teammates.

Goldensilence
09-04-2007, 12:31 PM
If i remember right for a young Secondary like the Jags this will help some. But they get nice push up front so it helps. I'm not really worried about it.

As for his Dallas teammates...... i think Hoth-boy hit the nail on the head. Behind him they had a bunch of young guys who they have been looking at all pre-season and IMO from what i have seen they haven't impressed. Newman really needs to get back for them and they'll really depend on Hamlin to play over the top this year at FS if Newman has trouble.

Errant Hothy
09-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow there was some serious intrest in Glenn:

Jets | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:19:17 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the New York Jets tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Texans | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:18:15 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Houston Texans tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Ravens | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:17:20 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Baltimore Ravens tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Buccaneers | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:15:31 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cardinals | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:09:49 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Arizona Cardinals tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Rams | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:08:40 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the St. Louis Rams tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Lions | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:07:59 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Detroit Lions tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

all per www.kffl.com/hotw/

Double Barrel
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
I like Glenn, but he's far from the player he used to be.

With regards to AJ, it's not even a race. Andre is in the prime of his career and would make AG look like he needed to retire last year. I'd love for this matchup myself.

Specnatz
09-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I like Glenn, but he's far from the player he used to be.

With regards to AJ, it's not even a race. Andre is in the prime of his career and would make AG look like he needed to retire last year. I'd love for this matchup myself.

Yep I can see it now AJ or JJ running down the sidelines with Glenn in hot pusuit burning down the sidelines with his two wheeled walker.

Dallas_Texan
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I know the guy is totally over the hill, and I'm going to get crucified for suggesting this, but what about picking up Glenn? He just got cut, and noone else is looking at him I'm sure. He mentored D-Rob, and as another post put it, he was shaken up pretty bad (I can only imagine). It couldn't hurt to bring him in to Mentor Bennett like he did Dunta. Dunta still credits a lot of what he learned in the NFL from Glenn. I'm sure he's available for peanuts. What are your thoughts?

Errant Hothy
09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Already been signed by J-ville.

Dallas_Texan
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Already been signed by J-ville.

Well Crap...thought I was on to something. I have to say...Jacksonville is not going to be an easy 2 games. They will at least beat us once this year. I hope not, but I think they may.

The Pencil Neck
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I know the guy is totally over the hill, and I'm going to get crucified for suggesting this, but what about picking up Glenn? He just got cut, and noone else is looking at him I'm sure. He mentored D-Rob, and as another post put it, he was shaken up pretty bad (I can only imagine). It couldn't hurt to bring him in to Mentor Bennett like he did Dunta. Dunta still credits a lot of what he learned in the NFL from Glenn. I'm sure he's available for peanuts. What are your thoughts?

A few days late.

JohnsonFan
09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
i know glenns daughter she is not happy about this at all she lived during football season in dallas and off season houston, he lives right near me ( glenn), Now she might be living in Jags land!