PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss????

whiskeyrbl
09-03-2007, 07:57 AM
POSTED 8:28 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:55 a.m. EDT, September 1, 2007

MOSS ON THE BUBBLE?

There's talk among some league insiders that the New England Patriots are considering whether to release receiver Randy Moss.

Seriously.

We scoffed when we heard it, but then a source explained that the question the Pats are believed to be pondering is whether Moss will become a problem if he is not a focal point of the offense -- or if he isn't in the opening-day starting lineup.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/trades.html

And we agree that this sounds crazy. Exactly as crazy as, say, any rumors that would have been making the rounds on Friday morning that the Jaguars were planning to part ways with Byron Leftwich.
Would we even consider this now that we have depth at WR?

BattleRedToro
09-03-2007, 07:59 AM
If he were released, he would probably end up in Tennessee or Dallas, atleast that's what I think.

Goldensilence
09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
More likely Dallas Jerruh loves the controversial playmaker cause it sells tix.

Philly could use someone to Bolster the WR corps there. But after the TO experiment i am sure they'd be hesitant.

Honestly if i was Moss, i'm not getting any younger and i do want a ring. I'd shutup, play my way into the starting lineup and listen to the wolf with bad clothing tastes.

nunusguy
09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
More likely Dallas Jerruh loves the controversial playmaker cause it sells tix.

Philly could use someone to Bolster the WR corps there. But after the TO experiment i am sure they'd be hesitant.

Honestly if i was Moss, i'm not getting any younger and i do want a ring. I'd shutup, play my way into the starting lineup and listen to the wolf with bad clothing tastes.
I dunno, but I don't think its totally unheard of for a few 'Pokes fans to claim they are in the running for a ring themsevles this year ? Afterall, I don't think there's a sold favorite over in the NFC ?

TheIronDuke
09-03-2007, 11:21 AM
If he were released, he would probably end up in Tennessee or Dallas, atleast that's what I think.

I don't know if the city of Dallas is big enough for the egos of Moss and T.O. combined. That would be an interesting train wreck to watch, though.

I can't imagine NE would really release Moss, he was doing and saying all the right things when he first got there. Now it looks like he's back to his old ways.

awtysst
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM

TO and Moss WOULD NOT get along in Dallas.

Specnatz
09-03-2007, 12:00 PM

It would be fun to watch though. Sad part is I expected him to ave a great year in NE, which is still possible.

gg no re
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
The worst case scenario is Randy goes to Tennessee.

Suddenly, the team who had one of the worst offseasons in history come out as the king of kings.

tulexan
09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think they really have any intentions on releasing him. I think this "leak" is a way for Bellicheck to get the message across to Moss that he has no problems cutting him and to stay in line if he wants any chance to win a ring.

Ryan
09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
they just released Reche Caldwell. So i'm pretty sure that moss will sit tight.

Texan Asylum
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
they just released Reche Caldwell. So i'm pretty sure that moss will sit tight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Arg0SscMYbo_QDLAcT3xHtcLubYF?slug=rotowi re-andyossagueboutvaila&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Randy Moss : Vague About Availability for Opener

Monday, September 3, 2007
Update: Moss (hamstring), who spoke with the media Monday at Gillette Stadium, was vague about his chances of playing in Sunday's season opener, the Boston Globe reports.

Recommendation: "I guess nobody is telling you anything, so I'll just hold it a question mark too," said Moss, who was at practice Monday for the first time since August 1. "My thing is that I want to play. Will I play? I don't know. We'll just leave it at that." We hope to have a better read on his status as he practices with Pats this week, but one hint that Moss is close to ready is that the team released Reche Caldwell on Monday. Rumors that the team was ready to dump Moss ended up being nothing more than blog fodder.

TexansLucky13
09-03-2007, 01:14 PM

If this happens.... twenty years from now, 4th graders will have field trips to the crater where Dallas once was.

gg no re
09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
If this happens.... twenty years from now, 4th graders will have field trips to the crater where Dallas once was.
This is a good thing.