PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Aaron Glenn!!!

TheRealJoker
09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
9/1 Akin Ayodele cut.
Martin Gramatica Placed on IR.
Jerheme Urban cut.
Aaron Glenn cut.
Joey Thomas cut.
Quincy Butler cut.
Adam Bergen cut.
Trey Darilek cut.
Damarius Bilbo cut.
Matt Tarullo cut.
Khari Long cut.
Lousaka Polite cut.
Junior Glymph cut.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/transactions?team=DAL

Who thinks we should bring AG back to Houston to finish mentoring DRob?

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 02:51 PM
I think Glenn needs to retire. If he wants to stay around the game, I'm sure he could go into coaching.

TheIronDuke
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Do you really think the Texans should waste a roster spot on a 35 year old CB?

Hervoyel
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Do you really think the Texans should waste a roster spot on a 35 year old CB?

If Aaron Glenn is better than everybody we have after Dunta then yeah, I'd be in favor of signing Aaron Glenn and wasting a roster spot on a 35 year old CB.

Having said that I must confess that I don't know if Aaron Glenn is better than Faggins, Bennett, or whoever we're lining up on the opposite side of Dunta Robinson. I know that when we released him two years ago he was better than everybody after Dunta.

Is that still the case? I tend to doubt it. I go to the trouble of finding out though.

YellerLotYeller
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Glenn>Faggins
Bennett>Glenn & Faggins

So....no I say dont waste our time, Bennett will be starting soon.

Second Honeymoon
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
i would have no problem with Glenn being signed. none whatsoever..why we ever got rid of him, I will never know...oh yeah, I know. he must have been critical of lil' David or dared to tell the truth and say that Carr sucked....which was only the truth

HoustonFrog
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I think the list is off. Remi Ayodele was cut, not Akin. Akin was a top FA of theirs from J'Ville last year

Wolf
09-02-2007, 05:14 PM
i would have no problem with Glenn being signed. none whatsoever..why we ever got rid of him, I will never know...oh yeah, I know. he must have been critical of lil' David or dared to tell the truth and say that Carr sucked....which was only the truth

wow :thud:
Glenn didn't want to renegotiate his salary and didn't want to be in a Nickel backs roll with the team after we traded for p-buc so we granted his release and for some reason that is what he signed for up in Big D. basically a nickel backs roll with a chance to possibly start

HJam72
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
wow :thud:
Glenn didn't want to renegotiate his salary and didn't want to be in a Nickel backs roll with the team after we traded for p-buc so we granted his release and for some reason that is what he signed for up in Big D. basically a nickel backs roll with a chance to possibly start

So, Glenn wouldn't play the nickel-back role for us, but he'd do it for Dallas; and, we didn't want to start Glenn because we had this stud named Phillip Buchannon, lol. Stupid all the way around.

Wolf
09-02-2007, 06:41 PM
from what I remember from the threads on here and the links that were posted.