PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 01:05 PM
When are the Texans going to update their Roster and Depth Chart?

They still have Jason Babin listed on both.

JohnsonFan
09-02-2007, 01:18 PM
well they announced danny clark , mckinney at center, and travis johnson startin but thats all

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
well they announced danny clark , mckinney at center, and travis johnson startin but thats all

True enough, but they also annouced that they traded Jason Babin, yet he still remains listed on the Roster and Depth Chart. I'm just a Texans fan that is starved for any information on my team, and I would like to see the Official Website update faster.

nunusguy
09-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm just a Texans fan that is starved for any information on my team, and I would like to see the Official Website update faster.
Man I couldn't agree more !
Sometimes I get the feeling that the Texans consider informing the fans is just a nuisance they have to put up with. Its really very inconsistant when,
on the other hand, they make such an effort to push tickets & merchandise.
It's really as if they don't understand the 2 are linked.
Often, they just don't seem to get it ?

alphajoker
09-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Man I couldn't agree more !
Sometimes I get the feeling that the Texans consider informing the fans is just a nuisance they have to put up with. Its really very inconsistant when,
on the other hand, they make such an effort to push tickets & merchandise.
It's really as if they don't understand the 2 are linked.
Often, they just don't seem to get it ?

Well, it is the weekend, and a three day weekend at that. I'm sure it'll be updated come Tuesday.

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, it is the weekend, and a three day weekend at that. I'm sure it'll be updated come Tuesday.

Yes, it is a weekend, but it isn't just any weekend. It is the last weekend before the start of the season, and the one in which rosters must be trimmed to 53 players. I don't expect updates on a July 4th weekend during Baseball Season, but this is Football Season now.

tulexan
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
It is a holiday weekend.

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 02:14 PM
It is a holiday weekend.

Do you think Kubiak and Smith are having a Holiday?

No. They are working to get this team ready to be the best they can be in 2007.

LORK 88
09-02-2007, 02:19 PM
It looks to be updated. They added Boulware and only have the people listed who made it.

Wolf
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
looks like it is updated now

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 02:24 PM
It looks to be updated. They added Boulware and only have the people listed who made it.

Yep. Someone's working this weekend and they rawk.

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Great! Now, I bet Jacoby Jones wins the ousts Kevin Walter as the second starting WR, before the end of the season.

alphajoker
09-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I couldn't find the practice squad list on the depth chart. If and when the Texans form their practice squad, would it be listed along with the depth chart?

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I couldn't find the practice squad list on the depth chart. If and when the Texans form their practice squad, would it be listed along with the depth chart?

If I remember correctly, they will fill their practice squad on, or after Tuesday.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Yes, but they can't start doing that until Tuesday, I believe.

Grams
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
There are a lot of other teams already assigning people to their practive squads.

alphajoker
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
If I remember correctly, they will fill their practice squad on, or after Tuesday.

Yes, but they can't start doing that until Tuesday, I believe.

Is that just a team preference? CBS sportsline (fantasy homepage) shows the Ravens have their practice squad signed already.

Grams
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Per KFFL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | White signed to practice squad
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 11:56:59 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have announced they have signed unrestricted free-agent FB Corey White (Packers) to their practice squad.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Is that just a team preference? CBS sportsline (fantasy homepage) shows the Ravens have their practice squad signed already.

Well... guess i was wrong.

They must be starting to sign today.

tulexan
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Do you think Kubiak and Smith are having a Holiday?

No. They are working to get this team ready to be the best they can be in 2007.

Well Kubiak and Smith aren't managing the website. I really don't see what the big deal is. Most of the starters are already known, does it really bother you so much that you don't know who is 2nd and 3rd on the depth chart?

alphajoker
09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Well... guess i was wrong.

They must be starting to sign today.

No worries...thanks for the help, though.

DBCooper
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
True enough, but they also annouced that they traded Jason Babin, yet he still remains listed on the Roster and Depth Chart. I'm just a Texans fan that is starved for any information on my team, and I would like to see the Official Website update faster.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

lol

BattleRedToro
09-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

lol

I'd be willing to bet that was merely a coincidence.

nunusguy
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
OK, I'm glad they've gone in and got their website updated. Afterall, it is
now finally football season.
They've added the "Interactive DC" feature, which I like and I think that's new this year.
And they have Abbade & Chad Stanley on IR ? Is that correct ? I thought these guys had been cut and are free to sign with other teams ?

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, I'm glad they've gone in and got their website updated. Afterall, it is
now finally football season.
They've added the "Interactive DC" feature, which I like and I think that's new this year.
And they have Abbade & Chad Stanley on IR ? Is that correct ? I thought these guys had been cut and are free to sign with other teams ?

Abbate, Stanley, and Harrison went on IR yesterday.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 05:35 PM

They need to have the Interactive and a NonInteractive DC because the Interactive one suxxors. AND. It's worng.

JohnsonFan
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
walter over jacoby? boulware under simmons?? what? why isnt boulware starting?

Shaft75
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM

A man has to prove his worth on any team.

JohnsonFan
09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
well i am preatt sure jacoby has proven him self our number 2, and lets see for boulware.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
well i am preatt sure jacoby has proven him self our number 2, and lets see for boulware.

I would think that after 5 practices, Boulware may not be familiar enough with his new scheme to jump right into starting.......but I wouldn't be surprised that if plays half way decently this weekend, we see him cranking up with the 1st team on week #2.

JohnsonFan
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I would think that after 5 practices, Boulware may not be familiar enough with his new scheme to jump right into starting.......but I wouldn't be surprised that if plays half way decently this weekend, we see him cranking up with the 1st team on week #2. for sure he is a stater no matter what team, he is gunna be good here

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Walter is 2 and Jacoby is 2.5. Don't worry, they'll both see the field plenty.

Boulware was JUST signed. He's got to learn the playbook and the verbage. Right now, he's #2.

JohnsonFan
09-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Walter is 2 and Jacoby is 2.5. Don't worry, they'll both see the field plenty.

Boulware was JUST signed. He's got to learn the playbook and the verbage. Right now, he's #2.

but why jones has so much more skill, and he is so much younger!

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM

He doesn't have as much experience and he's not as familiar with the playbook, yet.

Don't worry, we've got 3 very good wideouts there. They're all going to see the ball.

Thorn
09-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Great! Now, I bet Jacoby Jones wins the ousts Kevin Walter as the second starting WR, before the end of the season.

This will happen. When though, it's hard to predict, but AJ and JJ will be our starting WRs at some point in time.

taxman
09-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Jones doesn't run good routes, doesn't block very well. He's a rookie.

He'll have to work into it like anyone else. Give him time.

Walter has the tools, and should be thrown to more often. He usually is open on most of his plays.