PDA

View Full Version : Wali Lundy to the Packers???

the wonger need food
08-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Adam Schefter of NFLN is reporting that the Packers may be interested in signing Wali Lundy.

GuerillaBlack
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, that is good for him. The Packers need some RB's.

gg no re
08-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I think this deal works out for everyone.

the Broncos get the Cleveland D-Line

the Texans get the Packers' RBs

and the Packers get our RBs

what's up with all these lineup swaps

nfl-brit
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Good luck to the lad. He may have a big impact at GB.

TexanSam
08-31-2007, 07:06 PM
The Packers are going to have a scary good running game this year:

Vernand Morency
Brandon Jackson
Noah Herron
Wali Lundy

Now that's going to put the fear of god into opposing defenses

:sarcasm:

Leahmic223
08-31-2007, 08:43 PM
What do we have a pipeline with these guys are something?

eriadoc
08-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey, at least they're finally getting our cast-offs, instead of the other way around.

mexican_texan
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
It could be the fact that they're knicked up at RB and got an opportunity to sign a 2nd year player who got a 100 yard game last year.

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 04:15 AM
I remember last year some people here were saying he was better than Reggie Bush :whip: LOL man

Runner
09-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey, at least they're finally getting our cast-offs, instead of the other way around.

Much as the Texans have the "Denver South" nickname, what do you think the Green Bay fans would think of being "Houston North"? I think they'd come unglued.

Tedc
09-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I remember last year some people here were saying he was better than Reggie Bush :whip: LOL man

I wouldn't take any advise from those people.

Silver Oak
09-01-2007, 09:23 AM

in Lundy's defense, at least he never shied away from contact in the middle of the line.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2007, 11:15 AM

At the beginning of the season, Reggie was sucking pretty hard. He never showed up as a great running back.

Lundy ended up with more 20+ yard runs that Reggie did and almost the same amount of rushing TD's (4 vs. 6). Reggie was stuffed on 22 rushes losing 52 yards on 155 attempts and Lundy was stuffed on 11 rushes losing 22 yards on 124 attempts. Reggie got 3.6 yards per carry and Lundy got 3.8 yards per carry.

Lundy's performance got him benched and eventually cut. At least Dayne picked up 4.1 ypc and playing a partial year ended up with 5 TD's.

As a running back, Reggie Bush was not the second coming of Gale Sayers that people had hyped him as.

That's not to say he wasn't a great weapon for the Saints. He was THE checkdown for Brees. I mean, 88 passes caught? That's great. As a change-up guy to bring in to spell McAllister? He's like a super version of Stecker. But as a guy that you stick behind you and hand off to? He really didn't show a lot last year.

And I'm not saying he won't evolve into that workhorse running back. He just wasn't The Man last year.

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Man people are still jealous that their team didnt get Reggie . He will be the biggest star in this league. As far as contact, did you see the Eagles playoff game when that linebacker put that hit on Reggie? he was in there busting plays left and right . So dont question his toughness the man will prove this year that the Texans missed the boat in not taking him. I think he already did,and why go up the middle when you have the speed to bust the corner? I dont think Lundy was capable of that ,so he had to take shorter route>

the wonger need food
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Man people are still jealous that their team didnt get Reggie . He will be the biggest star in this league. As far as contact, did you see the Eagles playoff game when that linebacker put that hit on Reggie? he was in there busting plays left and right . So dont question his toughness the man will prove this year that the Texans missed the boat in not taking him. I think he already did,and why go up the middle when you have the speed to bust the corner? I dont think Lundy was capable of that ,so he had to take shorter route>

He will be the league's most hyped player for whatever that is worth. He'll have a similar career to Eric Metcalf which is good for a scatback. There are at least 5 other true running backs that are better than Reg from last year's draft class.

the wonger need food
09-01-2007, 02:34 PM

Lundy was a better running back than Bush last year... look at the stats.

Reggie is the better scatback/receiver.

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 03:07 PM
He looks ready this pre season runnig strong thru the takles . I think people will be suprised this year. My Predictions

2500 all purpose yarda from that little sct-back:whip:

the wonger need food
09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
He looks ready this pre season runnig strong thru the takles . I think people will be suprised this year. My Predictions

Who cares? Doesn't New Orleans have a message board? You could always go over the to Falcons board and rag on them about Vick.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2007, 03:15 PM

He has been looking much better this pre-season. If he can continue to get 6 yards a carry in the regular season, then he will be The Man.

But he wasn't The Man last year even though all the commentators kept saying he was.

Andrew6
09-01-2007, 03:51 PM

Oh yeah I can't wait to see that either. . . Its going to be awesome seeing him return kicks catching passes running the ball blowing up other teams . . . I'm super :monkey: excited about it. We are talking about Jacoby Jones right? :gun: As far as your man-crush on Reggie you can't see the sun for all the tea bags?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Sheldon Brown is a cornerback, not a linebacker.

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah I can't wait to see that either. . . Its going to be awesome seeing him return kicks catching passes running the ball blowing up other teams . . . I'm super :monkey: excited about it. We are talking about Jacoby Jones right? :gun: As far as your man-crush on Reggie you can't see the sun for all the tea bags?

Yeah i like JJ to but see it didnt hurt to give credit where credits do . You will see Bush's approval rating go up.:splits:

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Sheldon Brown is a cornerback, not a linebacker.

Sorry my bad , but it shows how tough Reggie is. People will realize this when he hoist the Lombardi

Yankee_In_TX
09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Adam Schefter of NFLN is reporting that the Packers may be interested in signing Wali Lundy.

So they sent us two RB's and we sent them two, WTH, lol?

gg no re
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry my bad , but it shows how tough Reggie is. People will realize this when he hoist the LombardiWhile being lifted by the muscularly ripped arms of Drew Brees.

Bush has undeniable talent, and no one's questioning that. The question is if Bush can withstand hits on a regular basis if he takes up the mantle of a full-fledged franchise running back.

But that's a discussion for another thread that you should make if you wish to continue talking about Reggie.

This thread is about Wali Lundy, not Reggie.

Lrayblu
09-01-2007, 08:49 PM
:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: While being lifted by the muscularly ripped arms of Drew Brees.

Bush has undeniable talent, and no one's questioning that. The question is if Bush can withstand hits on a regular basis if he takes up the mantle of a full-fledged franchise running back.

But that's a discussion for another thread that you should make if you wish to continue talking about Reggie.

This thread is about Wali Lundy, not Reggie.

Says who meanie

Specnatz
09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Says who meanie

Says almost every single person who has ever seen reggie run, and also says the rules about thread hijacking.

Errant Hothy
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
The Packers traded for Ryan Grant from the NY Giants, which should put this thread to rest...I hope.

Lrayblu
09-02-2007, 02:01 AM
The Packers traded for Ryan Grant from the NY Giants, which should put this thread to rest...I hope.

Ahh poor little girl got her $%#^&*% in a wad . what a little $%^&*:specnatz: