PDA

View Full Version : Video:1978 Pittsburgh-Oilers championship game

Wolf
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM
wow someone uploaded the game, many parts to the video. this could be a long night

part 1 of many
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhO9CuTAC7U&mode=related&search=

LOL this could be a gameday thread for Houston won the toss and rain is coming down

Hookem Horns
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
That was a nasty game for the Oilers. 34-5 if I remember correctly.

eriadoc
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I love Olsen's comments about how, despite playing against Jim Brown, he'd never seen anyone with as much power and strength as Earl.

Hervoyel
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I wish the person who had done this had put it up on Stage6 as one DivX file instead of a billion little Flash files. Still it's interesting to see this again. Not "good" to see it again but definitely interesting.

Texan_Bill
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
I wish the person who had done this had put it up on Stage6 as one DivX file instead of a billion little Flash files. Still it's interesting to see this again. Not "good" to see it again but definitely interesting.

Is that why the video sucked so bad?? I thought maybe he was having trouble with his rabbit ears when he recorded it on his BetaMax machine.

Hervoyel
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sure a lot of what you saw was just old tape tracking badly. That was mostly what was wrong with it. I was just saying that it would have been cool to have the entire game in one file. I'd copy it to my Apple TV and watch it all the way through again. I was a kid back then and today I think I'd understand what I was seeing much better. At the time I just didn't know why Earl wasn't running all over the Steelers like he did everybody else week in and week out.